Malaysia Airlines

(Malaysia)

KUL-DXB-KUL. Airport check in staff were good check in was quick. Flight en route to DXB was 30 mins delayed but arrived on time. Flight back to KUL was on time and arrived 30 minutes early. Outbound stewardesses did not smile at all and did not showing much interest in customer and comfort - disorganized team. Otherwise return flight FA's were attentive. Food for lunch was so-so and sandwich was awful. IFE was good and functioned well. All in all sad to say nothing special about MH and it was average.

(Hong Kong)

I am a frequent flyer. Having flown 6 sectors with Malaysian over Christmas and New Year I have enough experience to make a judgement. The cabin crew are generally inefficient and disinterested. The food is mediocre (breakfast during an 8 hour flight consists of a soggy chicken pasty and no hot drinks). Despite relatively calm flights on all 6 sectors I was offered tea just once due to the seatbelt signs being illuminated for most of the flights on all 6 sectors (which the majority of passengers ignored but the cabin crew ignored their non compliance). No safety demonstration given on 2 flights. They failed to honour a bulk-head seat reservation that they charged me extra for due to a change of aircraft and instead gave it to someone else.

(Malaysia)

Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul (MH 0066) on 15 Feb 2014 and Seoul to Kuala Lumpur (MH 0067). MH 0066 flight was delayed 3 hours because of a problem with the cargo we were sat on the plane waiting. MH0067 - The cabin crew were not very interested or friendly during service.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

MH148 MH1. MEL-KUL-LHR 5 Feb. Flight crew and aircraft excellent. Some of the complaints on here are truly childish. Things like "cabin was filthy" "no chicken curry" "no window seat" you arrived safely in comfort that's the important thing folks. Complaints about cabin crew maybe reflects your attitude to them and the way you treat them.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flight from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur. My first flight with this carrier was very positive. The entertainment system was great for a four hour flight and the food was very delicious. Looking forward to flying with Malaysia again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

I have flown hundreds of time on various airlines and have never felt the inclination to leave a bad review until now. We flew from Melbourne to Hanoi with Malaysia just a few days ago and it was an experience not to be savoured. The staff were very unhelpful when I asked if there were any rows of seats available after take off I was promptly told that by the flight attendant that she didn't know and that I should walk to the rear of the plane and check for myself this was despite the fact she had just walked the aisle several times prior. Generally the staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. Then the food arrived it was the worst dinner I have seen on a plane - needless to say we skipped dinner. All in all I would not fly with this airline again as I know what great service can be found on others like Emirates Etihad or Qatar.

(Indonesia)

4 flights on MH in Business Class. MH 726 Jakarta to KL: The 2 female flight attendants serving were friendly and managed to address passengers by name. Although upon boarding neither were smiling. and indeed they look most unhappy. The forward toilet was dirty. I was also surprised that my cutlery had not been properly cleaned. The issue of MH's Nasi Lemak has received a lot of media coverage and yet the product on the flight from Jakarta to KL was not complete - it was only rice with prawns in a sauce with an egg. MH 129 KL to Melbourne: Boarding was efficient crew friendly and generally service was good. However the purser did not seem to do anything except look unhappy and did not interact with more than a couple of passengers. Surprised to be told that champagne could not be served while the aircraft was on the ground! The selection of newspapers and magazines needs to be less myopic. Similarly a better selection of world business and general interest magazines would be appreciated. MH 146 Melbourne to KL: Flight was much less enjoyable and probably only saved by the efforts of the female flight attendant in business class who made up for the poor service from the two other males and flight service director. She was the only person who addressed me by name. No menus available. The two male flight attendants went about their jobs with the minimum of interaction with customers service was very off-hand. The chef-on-call dish of beef was very tough. Most times when I went to use the toilets at the rear of the business class cabin they were occupied. As there were only 10 passengers in business class and they were all in their seats it suggests that the flight attendants allowed economy passengers to use the business class toilets. MH 723 KL to Jakarta: Not much to complain about although the flight attendant did not address passengers by name.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

SYD-PEN-SYD (via KUL) in Economy. SYD-KUL-SYD on new A330-300s. Check-in at SYD was fast and the agent was really friendly. Fast-track through immigration and security provided because of elite status. Priority boarding for status passengers honoured. Seated in bulkhead rows on both flights where legroom was plentiful. Onboard catering was reasonable and of a decent portion but nothing outstanding. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful with the exception of one particular female attendant on the SYD-KUL leg who was a bit abrupt with other passengers. IFE was AVOD with a reasonable selection of movies and TV shows. Seat itself was much more comfortable than I was expecting and recline was also quite generous which made it comfortable enough to get a decent amount of sleep on the overnight flight back home. Both flights on time. KUL-PEN-KUL was on very old B737-400s. These planes will thankfully be gone by the end of this year. Priority boarding on the domestic flights for status passengers honoured. Both flights slightly delayed. Peanuts and juice offered on these flights. Cabin crew for these flights were friendly helpful and enthusiastic. Overall I was very satisfied with my experience on all flights and for the price paid it was great value for money.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

KL to Brisbane on MH135 on A330. Check-in was efficient and the flight left on time. During the 8 hour flight we only had one meal. It was announced that there was a choice of fish pasta or chicken curry. My wife and I were both looking forward to the chicken curry. When the trolley arrived the hostess told us that they had run out of chicken curry. When she saw the disappointed look on our faces she told us it was the pasta or we go without. We both chose the pasta which turned out to be bland and awful. The cabin crew just couldn't be bothered serving passengers. We barely saw them during the entire 8 hour flight. The entertainment was average. Also I had never been on a flight where announcements were made so frequently. They were made twice in English and Malay. If you were trying to sleep or use the in-flight entertainment these constant announcements were annoying. I will not fly Malaysian Airlines again unless the price is extremely cheap.

(Malaysia)

I flew Business class last Dec from KL to Perth (return) 3 Adults and 1 infant. I must say I was very disappointed with the service. Service was slow our food was extremely salty thus inedible. They did not give me the baby food that I had pre ordered. I am now having trouble with my seating arrangements and customer service has been very slow to rectify this problem.