Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines customer review

CDG-KUL-DPS and return end November mid December. Out on their A380 to KL and then a B777 on to Bali back on a 737 to KL and then A380 again home to France. Having flown business and even first class on other airlines of 4 and 5 star rating I cannot understand how MH have kept their 5 star rating particularly when it comes to "food and beverages". Food out more or less inedible their signature dish was OK but lukewarm main course burnt cheese course didn't appear and the desert was like eating cardboard (another signature dish). Food back sadly was the same although we were hoping for something better out of KL. The flights were on time and the cabin crew did their job no lost luggage. One of the toilets was out of use for the 13 hour flight back from KL to Paris but that happens. It was the best deal at that time from CDG to DPS but won't be flying with them again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

I have been using MAS to get in and out of Yangon in the last few months (10 sectors so far). I switched to them because they have good business fares that beat anything Silk Air or SIA have. It makes it worth the extra 44 minutes into KLIA out of Changi. Unfortunately in the last 3 trips I have seen 3 cancellations 5 delays and was at one point directed to 4 different gates over 5 hours for a flight from KLIA to Changi. Last trip out of Yangon was two hours late and I missed my connection in KLIA then got downgraded to economy and waited for two hours for the flight. So to make a long story short I am back flying Silk Air. It might be twice the price but they get you there on time and planning connections is possible. I like the MAS cabin crew and the product but the on time performance just keeps getting worse and KLIA is a train wreck.

(Malaysia)

KUL-CGK previously had wide body flight at least once a day. Now all served using 737-8 which is small and crowded. Food desperately needs improvement as it is tasteless. Paying for the most expensive flight for this route when other bigger plane like KLM is just half the price of MAS with better inside facility but food and steward/ess are lousy.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

BNE-KUL-HKT 20th December. Timing of the Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur flight is such that you just want to get on the plane have a drink and try and sleep so not having a big meal served for me made perfect sense. Breakfast was more important and it was great without hot meal which I did not fancy. Good legroom in economy on the A330-300 smooth take-off and landings and friendly cabin service make MAS one of my favourite choices up to Kuala Lumpur. Onward flight to Phuket was pretty cramped but over quickly so my ratings are for Australia to Malaysia only.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Brisbane to KL 15 November 2013 and returned on 23 November 2013. Travelled to Penang on 20th November and left Penang for KL and then to Brisbane on 23 November. Malaysia Airlines is one of the worst to fly with. The service is poor and on the trip there was no dinner given to passengers. No drinks were offered and when I asked for water it was ignored. On the way back we got no food except for a snack and then the meal was served just an hour before the plane landed at Brisbane Airport. I wont be flying them again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

I have been working in Brunei for the last 2.5 years so I am a frequent flier. My flight route takes me from ABZ to Miri via LHR and KL. The A380 airbus is an excellent plane it is roomy new and fresh. The cabin staff are a wonderful bunch who are always willing to help. I am extremely happy with all aspects Malaysia airlines have to offer from the airport itself to the lounges and most of all the wonderful Malay people. My baggage has never gone missing as things are very well organised. I have now reached platinum status and will continue to fly with MA for the foreseeable future.

(Malaysia)

KUL-CDG 13 Dec on the A380 Upper Deck with family. Excellent and impeccable service provided by crew. Meals were sumptuous especially the quiche before landing.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

MH1 London to KL 11th Dec 2013 on A380. Fantastic experience for the moment I arrived at check in until I disembarked at KL. I missed my original flight (MH3) due to fog at London and was re-booked onto MH1. Lounge staff made the 8 hour wait a pleasure! The crew on the flight were excellent as was the food and service. (I was addressed by name frequently). The drinks just kept coming. The food was outstanding the best business food I have had large portions and each component cooked separately and assembled on the plate not all heated together on the same plate and served. They had taken time with the food and it showed. Very comfortable and roomy seats I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and had no issues at all even managed 6 hours sleep no problem with the bed comfort. If you are looking for a quality business product at an affordable price look no further.

(Malaysia)

Disappointed with the services. Travelled from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur on MH787. The meal that I had pre-ordered was not provided. I ordered a seafood meal and got the vegetarian meal the flight attendant said there was nothing but pasta left - tasted horrible. When I asked for orange juice the flight attendant said all she had left was apple juice. No apologies just take it or leave it. When I requested headphones I was told the flight was too short! So I watched a silent movie for 1.5 hours. However on the flight I took from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket headphones were given to all passengers without requesting them. I don't expect this kind of service from a 5 star airline.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew from LAX-NRT-KUL-BLR. The service was really good the cabin crew were very courteous. Seating was quite comfortable. Food was great - enjoyed it but the airline fleet was a bit old. The Inflight screens were very old on 777-200LR from LAX to NRT the windows were scratched from KUL-BLR no personal screens on 737-800. Overall the airline fleet was old.