Malaysia Airlines

"never use Malaysia Airlines again"

Trip Verified | First and worst experience of my life . I had connected flight with them and their flight delayed for 4 hours which resulted in passengers missing their next flight .Pathetic response from staff no responsibility taken , no apologies. My next flight was 24 hours later. I could not get accommodation in the airport I could not go out as Immigration would not let me one day visa. I have to spent full day with my infant son and I paid for all other costs because the flight won't take responsibility. I am still in the airport spending the night here and paying the cost for the mistake that airline did. Would never use Malaysia Airlines again.
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2022

"there was a lot of confusion"

Trip Verified | The airline is indeed one of the cheapest in the region having direct flights to London. With past experience, the airline was world renowned for its hospitality. This turn to the worst during my recent trip with the airlines. Check in with the airline was seamless thanks to the efficiency of the ground staff and security personnel. Once boarded, we were greeted with friendly smiles from the cabin crew as we walked to our seat. Once the plane started taxing to the runway, things changed. The crew somewhat became more hostile and there was a lot of confusion going on in the flight. The were aggressive in their tone and acted in a way that was way off from their marketing self proclaimed Malaysian Hospitality. For the confusion part, there was a son and mother seating at the opposite of us, and another lady which was assigned to the window seat. As the mother required a slightly bigger space, the on checked with the lady and the cabin crew before taxi if the lady would mind to shift seats. The lady agreed and guided by the cabin crew to another seat. Upon lift off, the lady was seen walking aimlessly throughout the aisle and she mentioned another cabin crew chased her back as the front seat is Premium Economy and she is not entitled to be there. Another cabin crew then approached and raised her voice to ask her why is the lady shifting seats, and it took some time for the crew to understand that they messed up. During meals, the trays are pushed to you as thought they were waiting for ages for you to take the tray from them. The crew seems to not be bothered that it was a night flight as most passengers were sleeping, hence during service, there would take some time to adjust to the surrounding instead of abruptly asking what do they want to eat. Meal completion was shocking as trays were just taken from the passengers hands as they handed to the crew one by one. Flight entertainment on the other hand was far better than the one's they had on their Boeing. The screen is more responsive and clearer.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London
Date FlownNovember 2022

"staff were very nice and friendly"

Trip Verified | I had a direct flight from Adelaide to KUL with Malaysian airline. For checkin the staff had a rude and impolite behavior with us. When I was in Malaysia I saw that all cabin crew and staff were very nice and friendly. But in Adelaide the staff that did the check in was very impolite and she also fined me more than 2 hundred AUD without any reasonable reason. She knew that we are in rash so she did not care our request and she just want to fined us. I think a bad behavior from a staff can affect the popularity of an airline and I have never forgotten this behavior.
RouteAdelaide to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Absolute nightmare of an airline"

Not Verified | Absolute nightmare of an airline, arrived at Sydney airport at 09.00 for our flight departure at 13.10. Once inside the terminal it was absolute chaos with the queue for Malaysia airlines snaking halfway round the airport terminal, people were shoving and pushing to jump the queue and all of this mayhem was being controlled by just one man (this gentleman should be awarded a medal for his efforts for stopping a riot) Even though we had checked in online the day before we still had to queue for almost 4 hours just to drop our hold bags at the counter, eventually we made it to the plane and departed Sydney around 15.00 hrs. The next 24hrs of travel through to Dublin were without a doubt the worst travel experience i have ever endured (from inedible food to airline staff who appeared to have just given up) Upon arrival in Ireland we then had another lengthy delay as they had lost our luggage, six days later we were eventually reunited with our suitcases. I would strongly advise anyone thinking about using this airline to reconsider as they give a strong impression that they are on the way out.
RouteSydney to London via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"aircraft needs serious upgrades"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | This is my usual route. Very short flight within 30 minutes. The flight was delayed for 50 minutes. Everything seems normal but the aircraft needs serious upgrades. The seat is not comfortable at all. Luckily the flight is short. Again, the aircraft needs a serious upgrade. Other than that, the crew was super friendly, they assist other passengers well. I also notice in this flight, the crew explains very details to the passenger who seat at the emergency exit with proper explanations (clarify: I am not seating at the emergency exit seat but in a row behind it).
RouteKuantan to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"The crew was super nice"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | This is my usual route. Very short flight within 30 minutes. Everything seems normal but in modest starting from boarding the plane until disembarking. The crew was super nice throughout the flight. Light snack (salted peanut and orange juice) are more than enough for this short flight. Seat was modest, but if possible can be upgraded.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kuantan
Date FlownNovember 2022

"did not help at all at Melbourne airport"

Trip Verified | My parents were traveling from Dhaka to Hobart. I requested wheelchair assistance and transfer of the passengers to the next flight at Melbourne as they do not speak English. They did not help at all at Melbourne airport. I am not sure how can you just leave someone middle of the airport? especially if someone is very old and not speaking English. My phone number and email address were provided to contact me if they need to talk to me, I haven't gotten any call or email from them, they just left the passenger middle of the airport. I have spent lots of time calling the Malaysian air call center to explain that the passenger need help and they promised the passenger will get support up to the next flight. But the result was as Malaysian air reputation.
RouteDhaka to Hobart via kuala lumpur

"polite and professional"

Trip Verified | Kind crew, polite and professional. I will recommend flying with Malaysia Airlines. Excellent choices.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur

"the flight was modest"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Overall the flight was modest. The check-in was done using web check-in was smooth. Dropped the luggage at the check-in desk with proper checking on my luggage weight including cabin baggage. immigration security checking was smooth. Boarding was smooth, with proper arrangement/line-up via zone as stated in the ticket. The seat was modest, with good cleanliness. The meal (rice with fish) was good but can be improved. The flight stewardess shows her best performance throughout this flight. Overall, I enjoy the flight.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOsaka to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Overall, I enjoy the flight."

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Overall the flight was modest. The check-in was done using web check-in was smooth. Dropped the luggage at the check-in desk with proper checking by ground staff on my passport and details explanation on my connecting flight information (as I need to change airport for my domestic flight at Tokyo). Boarding was smooth, with proper arrangement / line-up via zone as stated in the ticket. The seat was good, with good cleanliness. The meal (Nasi Lemak) not so good - something can be improve especially on taste. The flight stewardess shows her best performance throughout this flight. There are many room for improvement for MH. Overall, I enjoy the flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tokyo