Malaysia Airlines

"They were not offered a wheelchair"

Trip Verified | My elderly parents traveled from Delhi to Adelaide via Kuala Lumpur. I mentioned wheelchairs while booking tickets and it was printed on the ticket too. At Delhi Airport, only my mother-in-law was given the wheelchair initially. The staff kept on insisting that my father-in-law doesn't need a wheelchair. My FIL looks fit but he has diabetes and he cant walk for long. My FIL had to give the staff 200 rs to the staff to get wheelchair service. Their ordeal didn't end here. After reaching Kulla Lumpur, no one came to escort my parents in wheelchair. They asked the crew to which they received the reply that they themselves had to change the flight. They had to walk to the next gate and board the next flight. Even after reaching Adelaide, my parents had to stand in the queue for immigration check for 3 hours as the airport was busy. They were not offered a wheelchair at any time. I hope you understand how difficult it is for elderly and physically unfit parents to travel so far. Shame on you Malaysia Airlines for treating your customers this way. I hope you will take some action.
RouteDelhi to Adelaide via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"top marks for the A350"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to London. After slating the A330-200, top marks to Malaysia Airlines for the A350. You would think it was an entirely different airline. As good a business class as you can get in my humble and so much of that is down to the aircraft.
AircraftA350-900
RouteKuala Lumpur to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"uneventful and satisfactory flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | London to Kuala Lumpur. Golden Lounge in Heathrow provide great view of the runway. Rice, beef and oxtail soup provided with selections of fruits and snacks. Purposely booked seat 6A as I prefer to look out of the window. Boarding for premium class is efficient through another entrance. Cabin and seat are clean. Cabin crews are attentive, friendly and efficient. Slippers are provided. Aigner amenity kit provided. Entertainment selections are sufficient although not extensive. Satay is delicious as always. I pre-ordered Braised Lamb Shank, which is tender and generous in amount. The signature drink of Wau Emas is very refreshing but has to keep reminding the flight attendant to provide stirrer stick to stir it first. Wanted to have the Nasi Lemak for breakfast but cancelled my order as I was too full. Seat is satisfactory but the leg room under the entertainment unit is a bit cramped. Unable to bend my knees as they will knock on the entertainment unit. An uneventful and satisfactory flight.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2019

"bid was accepted I wanted to cancel"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Seoul. I put in a bid to upgrade to business class for a trip on 4th August, and when my bid was accepted I wanted to cancel. I contacted the Reservations department by phone, they told me there's no phone number for the MH upgrade department. How convenient.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"sick when I boarded the flight"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Chennai to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur. I was sick when I boarded the flight. I requested the cabin crew about this and asked for medicine and hot water. They initially denied the request as they were really busy serving food. However, they didn't provide me with enough amenities such as blankets, hot water or medicine. Only positives would be the flight route, it was one of the fastest flight i have ever traveled (9 hrs 50 mins app) from KUL to AKL. Kindly update your movies section that is way outdated.
RouteChennai to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Thank you for the great experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur. Great Value! Delicious food, i really enjoy the nasi lemak! Great flight attendant, especially the one that service us, he is very nice and very helpful. Thank you for the great experience of this flight.
RouteTaipei to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Will surely fly again"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Penang to Hong Kong via Kuala Lumpur. Took four international and domestic flights with MH in July 2019: HAN-KUL-PEN and PEN-KUL-HKG, all sectors on a B738. The onboard service has been good to excellent on all these flights (i.e. the cabin crews very cooperative and approachable) and the food well-presented. The highlight of all these sectors was MH432 KUL to HKG on 30th July where the onboard service, food presentation and general guest experience exceeded all expectations: a sumptuous satay to begin with followed by a well-presented hot meal and ice cream. The Bruno Paillard as well as the Philip Shaw Chardonnay beautifully accompanied the meals on these international sectors - Malaysian Hospitality at its best, indeed. MH is still great in the air for us but, over many domestic and international flights for the past 15 years, we've become somewhat frustrated with the constant delays experienced with MH on their intra-Asian flights - we always check MH first - also experienced this time with all four sectors (20-60 min delay each). MH needs to seriously monitor their departure procedures very carefully since they seem to take such a long time in getting a flight ready even when all passengers have boarded and the luggagge has been uploaded. Still, it takes a mysterious 10-30 minutes to get a flight ready and shut the doors. Having learned this over the years, we always take MH international & domestic connections allowing us at least 2 hours at KLIA in our attempts to guarantee peace of mind. Some inefficiency is clearly there in the departure proceedings, be it domestic or international, and they haven't been able to tackle this operational problem over the years. The delays on these four sectors didn't bother us since we knew what to expect, however, we advise MH passengers not to trust too tight connections (i.e. 45 min up to 90 min) since these may simply not work out at KLIA. Otherwise, Malaysia Airlines is still good in the air with pleasant staff, tasty food and good service by a dedicated crew. Will surely fly again.
RoutePenang to Hong Kong via Kuala Lumpur

"Seat was comfortable"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I have flown with Malaysia Airlines for 3 times previously from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta on Nov 2018, Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong on February 2019 & the latest flown with Malaysia Airlines was 9th July 2019 from Kuala Lumpur to Taipei. Overall what can I say is good. Cabin Crew was nice to all Passengers. Seat was comfortable even though got some scratch on seat. Food is okay but for me need more improvement.
AircraftA330-200
RouteKuala Lumpur to Taipei
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Everything is dirty and old"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore with Malaysia Airlines. Stay away! There is absolutely no reason for one to pay for such a rude and impolite experience. This airline should have been bust multiple times already. As a weekly traveller I never in my life experienced such a rude, lazy and ufriendly staff. They should be deeply ashamed. Besides that maintenance of the cabins is zero. Everything is dirty and old. On all their routes there are more than enough alternatives.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"great service in economy"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I've flown with Malaysia Airlines multiple times, both on economy and business. While business class experience is always great, this is the first time I felt compelled to comment on great service in economy. I flew on MH2 from KUL-LHR on 20th July, on the new A350, which had relatively comfortable seats, the screen was good (although movie selection not so great). The food was so-so. What I want to comment on is how GREAT the cabin crew were. There was one standout gentleman (serving the aisles at the back of the cabin), who was an absolute pleasure, but in general the whole crew were genial professional and service was great. I hope more MH flights will ensure for quality service such as this.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London