Malaysia Airlines

"appreciation for your cabin crew"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Phnom Penh. This is an appreciation for your cabin crew. As a lady traveler who's traveled quite a bit, it's so relieving to meet kind and compassionate people,especially when things aren't going right. That day, I felt sick and even got sick in-flight. One of the cabin crew (I know it's their job to assist) displayed kindness and compassion by inquiring if he could assist me and later got my cabin baggage down for me (I was feeling dizzy). He didn't have to. I had two friends with me. Thank you for stepping up.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Phnom Penh
Date FlownOctober 2018

"on time and basically faultless"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | 14-15 October 2018 flew SGN-KUL-PNH on two aged B737 with Malaysia Airlines. Flights completely on time and basically faultless. I must deduct 3 stars of 10, however: 1 star for poor drink service (not even beer!) 1 star due to old equipment and sockets, tiny screens for IFE 1 star for fooling passengers to check in on-line to waste time at home and in airport. Good space in economy class – especially in the row 5, 17, and 19. Toilets were clean. Special meals ordered were delivered wqith precision though quality on economy was so-so (hardly edible!). FAs onboard were on top of things and tolerant to those of us who bought and brought a few beers on board purchased from airport. Check-in accepted me for arriving late and were quick to issue “real BP’s”: Don’t waste time on online check-in as the BPs are useless and neither accepted by airline nor immigration! And, to get real BP’s one must still present passport originals etc. What a disaster. What a joke and fraud to passengers time! Elite travellers respected. Cheap, but no miles given in Q-class. Lounges faultless (Apricot 3rd party in SGN and Golden First in KUL) and well equipped. Sdleeping facilities. Paid only 191 USD for 4 legs. A good, 4 star airline - for low price when purchased during campaigns. Will fly again.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2018

"change in check in gate"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. We walk to the gate E20 and waited for 20 mins for the gate open. But there is no staff there and we find it weird cause there is construction ongoing, then we decide to check with the service centre staff. And was being informed there is change in check in gate. And no one update the passenger. It will be better if you can place a staff at the initial gate to inform passenger there is change in check in gate.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Very poor customer service"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. Very poor customer service. Flights are delayed. Uncomfortable seating. Business class seats are like premium economy. Waste of money. Don't opt for Malaysia Airlines for travel.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur

"cheap for a reason"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur in December 2017. They do not have a call center in different countries and you are routed to their call center back to Malaysia (which is an outsourced service to Fiji). Not just the no one ever picks up after making you wait as it drains your international call charges or no replies ever for emails, even if you are fortunate to receive an email, it is a template to refer to the relevant department and no one will come back to you. Should you need any ground assistance, there are no offices in international airports outside Malaysia to help. The onboard service was ok, the attendants were keen and courteous. Other than that plane was not in the best condition. The worst part is getting help after they retimed is impossible. Cheap as they are, they are cheap for a reason.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"a below average flight"

Trip Verified | Received a one liner from MH via email 12h prior to departure that my flight would be “re-timed“ by 17 hours. No reason, nor alternatives or phone numbers to call were offered. I called MH and was told that I would have to pay a hefty penalty if I insist to be placed on another flight since the change requested would be seen as voluntary. After an hour of pleading and bargaining, the agents supervisor finally gave in and put me on an MH night flight 3h later. One full night at a 5 star hotel in KL wasted! The flight was operated by an A380, which I usually adore, but this one was so rundown and outdated, that I didn’t enjoy the flight. The seats were uncomfortable, the staff robotic and not very friendly. The food was rather mediocre, USB port and power plug not functioning. Overall a below average flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownOctober 2018

"onboard service was great"

Trip Verified | Flew return Sydney to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur and I cannot recommend Malaysia Airlines enough. I was lucky enough to get MH's brand new A350-900 going and coming back and what a wonderful aircraft it is. Silent and both the inflight entertainment system and wifi is second to none. Even though the IFE doesn't have as many options as airlines such as EK or SQ, it was more than adequate for my 8hr journey to KL. The onboard service was great and food was also good. Anytime I was given a drink, be it alcohol or soft drink, I was always given a full size can, which is more than I can say for some other full service airlines I've flown on. KLIA itself is a great transit airport, many food options and well priced. The KL to Bangkok sector was flown on a B737-800 which is also equipped with seat back tv screens, even though it's a less than 2hr flight. Both the flight going to and coming back from Bangkok were really comfortable and again, there was a full meal service. But most of all, the price I got was beyond belief, cheaper than some low cost airlines, even though the service was better than other full service airlines I've paid double the price for.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSydney to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2018

"this trip was fantastic"

Trip Verified | London to Kuala Lumpur. It's been 15 months since I flew with Malaysian. My last trip was great, this trip was fantastic. The crew, the food, the drink. Real Malaysian hospitality! My flight experience was a step up from last flights in 2017. I could sense a real desire from the crew to deliver an outstanding customer focused service- nothing was too much trouble. I was met at the aircraft door and shown to my seat, addressed by name throughout. All food served was of a high standard and very well presented. The seat comfort both seated and whist sleeping was very good. A quality business class product at a very reasonable cost. My Asian carrier of choice!
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"departure time had been delayed"

Trip Verified | London to Perth via Kuala Lumpur. We booked a flight to United Kingdom to attend a wedding of a very close family sibling on 21st July 2018 and returning back to Perth, Australia on 12th August. Before leaving my home in the UK, we checked in online via the website, and the departure time was showing as scheduled which was 10.25am from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur, and these details were confirmed by the automated check in email, and also on the boarding pass. When we got to Heathrow Airport at 7am on 12th August, and went to drop off luggage, staff advised us that the flight departure time had been delayed until 16:30 for MH3, and we were issued with 4 breakfast vouchers. Why did Malaysia Airlines not email us to advise of the delay in the departure flight then I would not have bothered coming to the airport at 7am! Approximately at 15:30, we were waiting at the departure gate and staff announced that the flight would be further delayed till 17:30. Approximately 17:15 we started boarding but we did not depart till 18:45 which meant that we were sat in the aircraft for 1.5 hours. At this stage, we had been at the airport for over 11 hours in total and I asked for hotel accommodation but Malaysia Airlines staff refused my request. We have never experienced so much incompetency from an established airline such as Malaysia Airlines, and I don’t think we would ever consider flying with Malaysia Airlines ever again.
RouteLondon to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"crews were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur. Enjoyed the flight experiences. Cabin crews were very friendly and responsive. They was a delayed for departure, however, the captain explained in detailed the reason of the late take off. Well done MAS!
RouteSingapore to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur