Malaysia Airlines

"delayed by about 8 hours"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Auckland. I arrived at KUL at 2PM on 20th June from Sri Lanka expecting to fly to Auckland at 11.25pm. All my plans got shattered from the moment I heard that the flight scheduled to leave at 1130PM will be delayed by about 8 hours. Delays can happen but there has to be a proper way to handle these things. I was asked to go to a hotel with food vouchers but immigration officers rejected to allow us to go out due to err on the boarding pass. Several times I went here and there without any meaning wasting my time. So there has to be a proper mechanism to handle those frustrated customers without asking them to go here and there and wasting time. As I missed both my domestic connecting flights from AKL and CHC, had to purchase new tickets due to this delay.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Auckland
Date FlownJune 2019

"standards were very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Travelled from New Delhi to Kuala Lumpur and back for a vacation in June 2019. The outbound trip on MH 191 was just okay but on the return trip on MH 190 the service was horrible and staff was rude. There was no drinks service and the air hostess just said you will have to wait as I am the only one serving this section (how is that my problem). There were no headphones available and on requesting for a set they were provided grudgingly to just me and the other passengers were told to wait for the flight to take off. Me and my son were not served the peanuts or snack which was randomly given. No tea or coffee was offered. On a five hour flight it is usual for the staff to walk around with a tray of water and juice. Service standards were very disappointing as compared to other airlines.
RouteDelhi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2019

"traumatized with the incident"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Kuching via Kuala Lumpur. My journey starts early as the flight departs at 9am. My check-in procedure went pretty smooth and we all boarded the plane. The cabin crew was friendly and engaging and welcoming. As I travel far to east Malaysia. I had to transit in KLIA for 2 hours. As our flight got delayed 45mins in Heathrow, our arrival in Malaysia got affected. So I had to run (like marathon) to the main terminal (dosmetic). The line at immigration was ridiculous and little did I know the boarding time to Kuching has already started. I made it after 20 mins at the imigration and was able to run to A8. I was tired, sweating and scared. As I reached the gate, the gate staff was very angry at me because I was late. This what she said "What took you so long, why don't you reach here early, the passengers are so unhappy with you". Can you imagine, she said this thing to you and the passengers listened to the drama. Malaysia Airlines, please keep your professionalism, your Malaysian hospitality. I'm traumatized with the incident. because I didnt do anything wrong. The gate people have rejected my boarding pass. I don't mind to wait extra but not to be humiliated by the staff.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 737
RouteLondon Heathrow to Kuching via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2018

"pleasant and trustworthy flights"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. I left my iPad on the side storage sleeve during flight and sure enough left that behind when disembarking at 2 in the morning. Assisted by the concierge of the hotel i stayed in their call to airport Lost & Found yielded a "nothing found". I kept my faith in the efficiency of MH business class and the fact that the stewardess in-charge of my row has been one of the more experienced flight attendants I have come across and of course the in-flight manager who impressed me as a veteran in his class. As I was returning to KUL just the next day on MH126 (return leg of daily 127) all I did was to enquire again at check in counter and sure enough, my iPad was duly returned in good and proper state. Thank you MH crew on both 127 (19 June) and 126 (21 June), for the pleasant and trustworthy flights.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth

"Shame on such a staff"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. Upon entering the plane, Air hostess was so rude. Rather than greeting passenger she started yelling on me saying that can you reposition your baggage. My husband was standing in an aisle 4-5 steps away from our seat and I requested if he can do this in a minute. She arrogantly reacted that I need to do it now. Shame on such a staff. Hope we can have better experience after take off from Melbourne
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur

"Top notch service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. Kudos to MAS crew. Top notch service. Quality at its best. Just maybe need to improve a bit on their food. Other than that, you can't ask for more. Keep improving MAS! You'll be back where you belong, the best in the world.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta

"cancelled and rescheduled"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | On my last flight when returning from Johor Bahru to Jakarta my flight cancelled and rescheduled for 4 hours from the previous schedule, this made me bother because of the trip from Jakarta to Bogor (where I live) quite far, so it takes more time and will get worse in the evening (after office hour).
RouteJakarta to Johor Bahru via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2019

"had an amazing flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I recently flown with Malaysian Airlines from Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur and I had an amazing flight. Check-in at PNH was easy and quick, boarding was organised and flight departed on time. Although it is an old cabin design, it was a comfortable flight and legroom was sufficient. They offered complimentary meal and beverages on this flight. After take off passengers were offered soft drinks and peanuts followed by meal tray service consist of salad, main meal and dessert. I must say for a short haul flight it was a good service and the food was tasty. The announcement made by the flight was clear and informative. What I like the most is the announcement made to welcome Malaysian passengers home after we touched down at KLIA was indeed very special with a message. This message made every Malaysian who live abroad feel special and welcome home. I would definitely fly with Malaysia Airlines again.
RoutePhnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2019

"appalling customer service"

Trip Verified | London to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur. I used to always choose to fly with Malaysia Air, however not after this trip. I was flying by myself with my infant daughter, and it took 3 phone calls and 2 hours of my time to try establish that I was not able to purchase extra leg room because of travelling with my child. I purchase lounge access whilst in Kuala Lumper as they advertise having a family & child friendly space - having a room with no doors or toys is not a family friendly space. What tipped it all over the edge was that my new Samsonite suitcase has been broken - the external grip has been snapped off and rendered my suitcase unusable - however Malaysia Air claim that this is not their responsibility. Absolutely appalling customer service.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2019

"seats are too tight together"

Trip Verified | The seats are too tight together that I felt the guy's knee against the back of my seat. The cabin crew was unhelpful - they can't lend me a pen and just replied "we don't provide pen". When asked if there was additional food in between 2 small inflight meals, they say no. Malaysia Airlines used to have amazing crew 20 years back. Not anymore. It's heading downhill rapidly.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London