Malaysia Airlines

"staff were very nice and friendly"

Trip Verified | I had a direct flight from Adelaide to KUL with Malaysian airline. For checkin the staff had a rude and impolite behavior with us. When I was in Malaysia I saw that all cabin crew and staff were very nice and friendly. But in Adelaide the staff that did the check in was very impolite and she also fined me more than 2 hundred AUD without any reasonable reason. She knew that we are in rash so she did not care our request and she just want to fined us. I think a bad behavior from a staff can affect the popularity of an airline and I have never forgotten this behavior.
RouteAdelaide to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Absolute nightmare of an airline"

Not Verified | Absolute nightmare of an airline, arrived at Sydney airport at 09.00 for our flight departure at 13.10. Once inside the terminal it was absolute chaos with the queue for Malaysia airlines snaking halfway round the airport terminal, people were shoving and pushing to jump the queue and all of this mayhem was being controlled by just one man (this gentleman should be awarded a medal for his efforts for stopping a riot) Even though we had checked in online the day before we still had to queue for almost 4 hours just to drop our hold bags at the counter, eventually we made it to the plane and departed Sydney around 15.00 hrs. The next 24hrs of travel through to Dublin were without a doubt the worst travel experience i have ever endured (from inedible food to airline staff who appeared to have just given up) Upon arrival in Ireland we then had another lengthy delay as they had lost our luggage, six days later we were eventually reunited with our suitcases. I would strongly advise anyone thinking about using this airline to reconsider as they give a strong impression that they are on the way out.
RouteSydney to London via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"aircraft needs serious upgrades"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | This is my usual route. Very short flight within 30 minutes. The flight was delayed for 50 minutes. Everything seems normal but the aircraft needs serious upgrades. The seat is not comfortable at all. Luckily the flight is short. Again, the aircraft needs a serious upgrade. Other than that, the crew was super friendly, they assist other passengers well. I also notice in this flight, the crew explains very details to the passenger who seat at the emergency exit with proper explanations (clarify: I am not seating at the emergency exit seat but in a row behind it).
RouteKuantan to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"The crew was super nice"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | This is my usual route. Very short flight within 30 minutes. Everything seems normal but in modest starting from boarding the plane until disembarking. The crew was super nice throughout the flight. Light snack (salted peanut and orange juice) are more than enough for this short flight. Seat was modest, but if possible can be upgraded.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kuantan
Date FlownNovember 2022

"did not help at all at Melbourne airport"

Trip Verified | My parents were traveling from Dhaka to Hobart. I requested wheelchair assistance and transfer of the passengers to the next flight at Melbourne as they do not speak English. They did not help at all at Melbourne airport. I am not sure how can you just leave someone middle of the airport? especially if someone is very old and not speaking English. My phone number and email address were provided to contact me if they need to talk to me, I haven't gotten any call or email from them, they just left the passenger middle of the airport. I have spent lots of time calling the Malaysian air call center to explain that the passenger need help and they promised the passenger will get support up to the next flight. But the result was as Malaysian air reputation.
RouteDhaka to Hobart via kuala lumpur

"polite and professional"

Trip Verified | Kind crew, polite and professional. I will recommend flying with Malaysia Airlines. Excellent choices.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur

"the flight was modest"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Overall the flight was modest. The check-in was done using web check-in was smooth. Dropped the luggage at the check-in desk with proper checking on my luggage weight including cabin baggage. immigration security checking was smooth. Boarding was smooth, with proper arrangement/line-up via zone as stated in the ticket. The seat was modest, with good cleanliness. The meal (rice with fish) was good but can be improved. The flight stewardess shows her best performance throughout this flight. Overall, I enjoy the flight.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOsaka to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Overall, I enjoy the flight."

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Overall the flight was modest. The check-in was done using web check-in was smooth. Dropped the luggage at the check-in desk with proper checking by ground staff on my passport and details explanation on my connecting flight information (as I need to change airport for my domestic flight at Tokyo). Boarding was smooth, with proper arrangement / line-up via zone as stated in the ticket. The seat was good, with good cleanliness. The meal (Nasi Lemak) not so good - something can be improve especially on taste. The flight stewardess shows her best performance throughout this flight. There are many room for improvement for MH. Overall, I enjoy the flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tokyo

"cancel my tickets and get refund2

Trip Verified | I booked tickets on Malaysia Airlines app but by mistake. I got last name wrong of one of my parents wrong as per passport so called up to customer service 15-20 times to get it correct most of the time they put me on hold and later call dropped every single time I was so frustrated. I have to cancel my tickets and get refund and booked another airline.
RouteDelhi to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"cancelled due to no show on departure flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | This was my worst experience with Malaysia Airlines. I contacted Malaysia Airlines 1 month ahead of my flight schedule to reschedule my departure flight, however they told me that my departure flight is unable to reschedule and the return flight is still valid. Hence I have bought another departure flight ticket from another Airline for the departure flight and planning to use Malaysia Airlines for the return flight I had bought. However, during the day I wanted to return to my home country. the check in counter mentioned my round trip ticket have been cancelled due to no show on departure flight.
RouteSeoul to Kuala Lumpur