Malaysia Airlines

"bread rolls dry and crumbly"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. I requested for sandwiches and bananas for my meals due to my low FODMAP diet. I was served 2 sandwiches and 2 bananas for dinner and one sandwich for breakfast. The bread rolls used for the sandwiches were dry and crumbly. I didn't have any issue with food from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. Perhaps, MAS should check with the caterer to ensure that they don't provide stale bread. I will have to think thrice before I fly MAS again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Manila. This is the worst customer service company. Anyway booked my flight and then said I had one suitcase to be checked. Not sure if it was Malaysia Airlines website or the slow internet to blame. The point is they charged me double for the flight. They said I booked two suitcases. I called them immediately and said please fix this, she said I only booked one suitcase. I received an email saying they were charging for two suitcases. I went to the airport the day before my flight. I was there for two hours trying to get this resolved. I refuse to pay $250.00 for an extra bag that I don't have. It has been 13 days and not a word from them. I just called Malaysia Airlines and they say I have to pay.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Manila

"lost the upgrade"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed in this airline. Booked a seat upgrade directly with them for three people. Arrived at the airport only to find they didn't reserve my seats so lost the upgrade and had to pay standard economy. now they refuse to refund me as they say I cancelled the upgrade. They have no email stating I did and cannot prove it.
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur

"overall very disappointing"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | London to Perth via Kuala Lumpur. The food on plane was not very good from LHR to KL I had to send my food back, I had ordered from chef on board the lamb was not cooked enough. They did bring something else but not the same standard as other business class flights I have done. Seats from LHR were great but from LHR to Perth very narrow and not worth paying the extra. Wouldn’t fly with them again, overall very disappointing.
RouteLondon to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Dinner is ok, breakfast is tiny"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manila via Kuala Lumpur. 1st time flying MH. Overnight meal service was nowhere near CX though breakfast was ok, same with the inbound. Dinner is ok but breakfast is tiny, the regional 737 service was consistent. IFE is not as good as QF and CX, very slow response. Will fly them again next time as fares are pretty good.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 737-800
RouteMelbourne to Manila via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not travel on Malaysia airlines"

Trip Verified | My parents travelled from Bangalore to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur. On the flight from KL to Melbourne they were seated at seat 22A and 22C and they were given 1 meal, when I had contacted the call centre on 22 Oct and confirmed that they will be given 2 hindu veg meal. When my father questioned the cabin crew they said that we have only booked for 1 meal. When I was trying to do the online check in for my parents, on the flight from KL to Melbourne they were given seats one beside the other, my mother was given 22c and my father 23C when I try to change the seat it said 22A is a seat which will incur extra cost. I wanted to check the price and changed it, however I did not confirm the seat. As soon as I changed my father's seat from 23C to 22A, 23C became a cost incurring seat. This is the last time I will book a ticket for my family members and I will not travel on Malaysia airlines.
RouteBangalore to Melbourne via Kaula Lampur
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the cabin service was extremely poor"

Trip Verified | I have flown with all major airlines but this was my first time flying with Malaysia Airlines from Mumbai via Kuala Lumpur. I found the cabin service was extremely poor. I had to ask twice most of the time to get a bottle of water or a glass of wine. I could not remember any smiling face from cabin crew throughout the entire trip. The crew was lazy and inattentive. Food selection was limited with poor quality. Our flight was delayed and I missed my connecting flight by approximately 10 min. I was hoping that they could wait for me but only to be given the boarding pass for a subsequent flight which was almost 12 hours later! Because of the delay, I had to cancel all my engagements in Shanghai for the day. Thanks to their poor service and complete lack of compassion to their customers, I cannot fulfill the purpose of this international trip of mine. I will try to avoid this airline as much as I can in the future.
RouteMumbai to Shanghai via Kuala Lumpur

"the crew were amazing"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. I love everything about this flight. Everything was so easy. I had the best meals on this flight and the crew were amazing. I will fly with them again.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"insane baggage policy"

Trip Verified | Penang to Kuala Lumpur. They have an insane baggage policy that can trick you into having zero baggage allowance. I have an Economy Class ticket. But Malaysia air has three levels of Economy Class, and of you bought your ticket through Expedia etc, you have an Economy Lite ticket, with no baggage allowance. My $50 flight from PEN to KUL just added a $100 baggage fee for a 20kg bag.
RoutePenang to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2019

"meal service was decent"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Tokyo Narita via Kuala Lumpur. AKL-KUL A330-200 With a 2-4-2 seat configuration it was perfect for 2 people traveling together. The seating had less legroom than the A350 but having an aisle seat alleviates the issue some what. Beer and peanuts immediately after take-off which is a nice touch, and then straight into meal service which was decent for an economy meal with more beer to boot. Good range of recent movies to watch, and a USB port to charge your devices. KUL-NRT A350-900 On-board wifi is shoddy at best, and definitely not worth the price. Flight had more legroom and better recline making for a somewhat better (attempt at) sleep. On the flight back however my entertainment screen only showed audio options when other passengers had movies fine. I had stuff downloaded on my phone so this was no issue, however buyer beware. (I wasn't the only one too).
AircraftA330-200 / A350-900