Malaysia Airlines

"crew was exceptionally friendly"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. Excellent flight with a very comfy full flat seat. The crew was exceptionally friendly and eager to please and to deliver a First class service even though the Business class cabin was full. Glad to see Malaysia Airlines has resumed serving alcohol as the flight was only 2h30mn. I recommend highly them.
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"made a cancellation recently"

(Brunei)

Trip Verified | Brunei to Penang via Kuala Lumpur. I made a cancellation recently because my workplace made an announcement that travelling isn't advisable at this time due to the spread of Wuhan/Corona virus. Since I was going through KL to go to Penang, I thought this was wise. A friend travelling to Penang from South Korea also cancelled her tickets, and she did it a few days after me. And she got pver 70% refund of her tickets with a $100 cancellation fee. The flight was about 3 weeks away at that point. What seems bizarre to me is this: I cancelled my ticket days before this friend and out of the $513, I only received $31. When I wrote to customer care, this particular staff kept stressing on their flight advisory for flight to and from China. The staff handling this issue kept dodging my request for this breakdown of cancellation charges, and never really answered my questions.
RouteBrunei to Penang via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"They did not help my wife"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. The cabin crew were rude and disengaged to me. They did not help my wife with her overhead baggage at all and stood staring. When asking for our meal options, the cabin crew did not seem to have the patience.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur

"the food were ordinary"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Kuala Lumpur. Airplane cabin was very noisy and the food were ordinary. I think flight attendants were not patient specially a man that serve in our row, he was a little impolite. Airport service was good.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur

"Crew were very polite"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai. The satay is one of best thing in this flight. Crew were very polite. Very good taste of food. Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge with the new refurbished set up is one of the best lounge in the region.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Mumbai

"experiencing Malaysian Hospitality"

Trip Verified | Perth to Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Airlines currently flies A330-200 which are former Air Berlin aircrafts. Business class seats come with full lie-down flat bed which is quite comfortable to get some rest especially on a midnight flight. The aircraft is a little aged but is still well kept. Business class passengers have access to priority check-in and boarding at Perth Airport, and access to Qantas International Lounge. Onboard the aircraft, the Malaysia Airlines crew has definitely shown me a true Malaysian Hospitality. The crew takes the time to know our names, and greet each passengers politely, e.g. Mr Smith. The highlight of Malaysia Airlines business class flight is their signature satay and the crew spoiled me today with a generous serve of the satay and generous portion of the peanut sauce. For dinner, I chose the roasted chicken which is cooked beautifully and to perfection. After dinner, most passengers have lied down their bed and slept. We were each given a pillow and a blanket. Before arriving, the crew went around for another serve of beverages. I chose the teh tarik (literally translates as pull tea) which is a signature beverage among the local. Before I alight the aircraft, the crew wishes me Gong Hei Fatt Choi which is an auspicious saying for any Chinese celebrating Chinese New Year. It is tiny gesture like this that makes me walk away not only being well fed but truly experiencing what Malaysian Hospitality is all about.
AircraftA330-200
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"haven't received my baggage"

Mumbai to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur. They issued me invoice in AUD but charged my CC in USD which made my trip expensive and they won't refund. The aircraft was dirty and toilet I used was not clean. We had issues loading our cabin luggage and the food was spicy. The staff had no smile on the face and professionalism was missing. They lost my baggage and its been 2 days now and I still haven't received my baggage. I have been calling the baggage service since past 2 days and no one is responding back nor replying to my emails or voicemails. The flights were not cheap even, I paid Christmas fares. No compensation or correction offered.
RouteMumbai to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"never ever use this airline again"

Not Verified | Perth to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. I booked with Malaysia Airlines. The day I was to fly they delayed my flight for 2 hours. Later I was in the airport in Perth then again delayed. All passengers got frustrated. I missed my next flight because of this. I had to spend money again to rebook the ticket. I will never ever use this airline again.
RoutePerth to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"disappointing customer service"

Trip Verified | Don't use this airline. I will never ever use these people again. I flew from Auckland to London today, with stopover at Kuala Lumpur. The Auckland flight was first delayed by 2 hours due to engineering issues. This caused me to miss my connecting flight. We were issued a replacement flight, but had to wait from 9am to 11.30pm to get on this flight. I told them I need to get on an earlier flight due to work. There has to be an earlier flight to London during a 15 hour period! Then what I experienced was the most unhelpful, unapologetic customer service at the Transfer Desk. They lied to me that there was no flight earlier (there was). The worst is the so called manager - when the front desk briefed him on the issue, decided to ignore us and walked to another line to talk to other customers - and the next available flight for me was in less than an hour! When I finally spoke to him, he asked me 'what is the flight number you want to be put on?' What a ridiculous question coming from the airline. By the time they faffed around 1 hour later, I wouldn't get on the earlier flight - I doubt they ever intended to get me on it with their attitude. During my 1 hour of waiting, I heard a girl screaming at them that "I already bought 3 tickets", and she still couldn't fly. Two others said their flight was delayed but they were not notified. A few others not offered hotel when they had to wait from 9 to 4pm. Very disappointing customer service, the only nice thing was the front desk girl who had helped me to with directions to the airport hotel, after feeling bad for the actions of her superiors.
RouteAuckland to London via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"staff are abysmally rude"

Trip Verified | Perth to Guangzhou via Kuala Lumpur. This is absolutely the worst flying experience I have ever had. The plane is retimed 1 hour late. Then delayed another 2 hours. Then another 2 hours. Then another 2 hours! Absolutely shocking and no apology or compensation or anything. The staff are abysmally rude and do not take the customers seriously. I will never fly Malaysia airlines again!
RoutePerth to Guangzhou via Kuala Lumpur