Malaysia Airlines

"called up asking for some compensation"

Not Verified | I Left London Heathrow on the 27th June on MH3 a scheduled departure time of 11am. The flight left at 12.06pm and landed in KUL at 8.14am. When I arrived in KUL boarding for my Perth flight MH125 departing at 8.25 had closed and I was provided with alternative flights to Perth. I was put flight MH123 to Sydney departing at 23.45pm, than flight to Perth arriving late afternoon on the 29th June, over 24hours after I was meant to land. Which meant waiting at the airport for over 15 hours than, taking another 12-hour flight than another 5 hour flight when my original flight from KL to Perth was only another 5 hours. Making my 20-hour journey into an over 40-hour Journey. I am vegetarian and was given no options to get a vegetarian meal with online check in or when booking my tickets when I asked for a vegetarian meal on the flight, I got told I had to book 48 hours in advance witch is ridiculous. When I had these complications with my flight, I asked to be given a vegetarian meal on the next flight as it was the least, they could do, and they gave me the same response. I got given ‘food’ and ‘accommodation’ at the airport which was disgusting and again as a vegetarian the only thing I could eat was Lukewarm pasta and tomato sauce, which was gross. When I asked to use the phone at the Malaysia airlines desk to make some international calls I was denied by the airline and had to use another passengers. How was my family to know I was safe when I didn’t arrive at Perth airport when I intended too. I called up this afternoon asking for some compensation and got told because I had redeemed my alternative flights given to me, I was entitled to none. I shall never be flying with this airline again and the ‘cheap’ price is not even worth it. My experience with this airline was worse than my experience with long haul budget airlines.
RouteLondon to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2022

"A very disappointed passenger"

Trip Verified | My friend and I traveled from Dublin to London Heathrow with on 26/6/22 and London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur to Bali Denpasar. When we arrived into Bali to our horror our luggage was not at the airport and we reported this immediately to a member of staff. We were informed by a staff member that we would receive an email with a reference number regarding our case but we have not received this or any further correspondence from any of your team. I am absolutely horrified with the lack of service and communication from your company. We are on our holidays with no luggage! When I return from this trip I will never fly with your company again. We have only received empty promises and zero communication when we need it most! A very disappointed passenger.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2022

"told I needed to buy a new ticket"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with MH from KL to Penang on 28 June. Flight number MH1614 departing at 10:40am. I tried but was not able to check in online. I arrived at the airport and joined the queue for check in counter at 9:30am. There were only 2 passengers in front of me. The ground staff was super slow and was busy chit chatting to passengers. It was 9:55am when I got to the counter. First, the ground staff claimed not to be able to find my ticket. Once she found it, she told me I could not check in because it was too late even though the flight was not taking off until 10:40am. I was directed to the ticket counter and I was was told I needed to buy a new ticket. I ended buying a new ticket with AirAsia but had to wait at the airport till 6:20pm for the new flight. I went back to lodge a complaint with the ground staff manager. The man showed up and was defensive and dismissive the entire time. Not making eye contact. He asserted I joined the wrong queue for special needs even though there was no signage to inform passengers. Basically he hinted that I was my fault for not being able to check in. I told him the line I was in only have 2 passengers ahead of me while the so called normal line had 10 passengers. Common sense told me my line should be faster. He claimed the other line with 10 passengers definitely should be faster. He also told me I had no idea what the ground staff was saying to the other passengers ahead of me and I needed to appreciate the condition they worked under. I informed him that I would lodge an online complaint but given my experience thus far I do not expect any satisfactory response from the airlines. The ground staff manager actually told me “you do whatever you want”!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownJune 2022

"miss my connecting flight to London"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | We left NZ 2 hrs and 30mins late, which made me miss my connecting flight to London. They lost my luggage and the plane was ancient and packed. They tried to put me in a hotel for 2 nights when I had a tight schedule and I had to fight to get on another airline. They lied saying there was no other planes to London but I found one available and pushed them into booking me with the other airline. Will never fly with them again.
RouteAuckland to London via Kuala Lumpur

"meals were satisfactory"

Trip Verified | One of my most memorable flights during & immediately post pandemic crisis. Check-in at Heathrow T2 was efficiently managed and I was worried that my 2 suitcases might join luggage carpet at end of my journey. Mine was checked through to destination intact. Inflight services - meals were satisfactory especially after I've pre ordered my meal (non gluten), even have had a decent Aussie White to go with it. Inflight entertaiment was adequate & up to date. Best of all, I have had very decent fellow fliers sitting around me.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2022

"A330-300 which was ancient"

Trip Verified | Seats 29A and 29C. Ground service pathetic even though web check in was done earlier. Waited for more than 1 hour twenty minutes for counter check in Food and drinks was a disaster. Coffee and tea not served, excuse was seat belt sign was on. No turbulence experienced during the flight. Soft drinks minimal and no alcohol. Customer service non existent. Aircraft was an A330-300 which was ancient as could be seen from the entertainment format and the yellowing plastic on the control 6. Seats were archaic, Head rest kept sliding down. Arm rest could not be stay upright and fell immediately .
AircraftA330-300
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2022

"worse than budget airlines"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Joke of an airline. Airline made us board, and shortly after boarding, told us that the plane has technical issues and deboarded the whole plane. The airline had the whole pre departure to check. Deliberately retimed flight to 1 hour 55 minutes later, to avoid the meal and convenience compensation for delays over 2 hours. The final delay, 2 hours 15 minutes, but no convenience is offered. This is worse than budget airlines.
RouteKuala lumpur to Kuching

"Worst airline ever"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. They lost my baggage. No reply, no update, no compensation. They just don't care! Already called their agent in HK, submitted a report, sent multiple e-mails. Nothing. Absolutely no action. What else am I supposed to do? This was my first time with this airline, never again!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Hong Kong
Date FlownJune 2022

"They made us take a new PCR test"

Trip Verified | My family and I are regular visitors to Malaysia. My wife and I have just been to Sabah for 2 weeks, arriving on the 2nd April, on a trip postponed from March 2021 due to covid. We arrived in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) at c 11pm on the 1st April from the UK (on a KLM flight) and satisfied all entry requirements - we were fully vaccinated (inc booster), had taken a PCR test within 48 hrs of departing which was negative and had the MySejahtera app on our phones (with all of this information on it). We had a flight booked to Kota Kinabulu on Malaysian Airlines at 09:15 on Saturday 2nd April and had intended to take our rapid antigen test on arrival at KK airport, given this would have been within 24hrs of arriving in Malaysia - we had been informed this was OK to do by the immigration staff on arrival at KL, given we were in transit to Sabah. When we arrived to check in for our flight, Malaysian Airlines would not allow us to check in, even though we had cleared immigration in KL. They made us take a new PCR test before they would allow us to board the flight, which meant we missed our original flight and had to re-book on another flight. We were informed by the Dr2U service where we had our PCR test that we didn't need a PCR test, but we had no alternative but to do so, because Malaysian Airlines would not less us board until we had taken a test, and the results were negative. As a result of the delays we missed our first day's activities in Sabah and had to spend 700 MR on PCR tests we did not need to take. everyone we spoke in Malaysia (excepting Malaysian Airlines staff) said we did not need to get the PCR test, we were not international travellers, but Malaysian Airlines refuse to acknowledge their mistake.
RouteKuala Lumpa to Kota Kinabalu
Date FlownApril 2022

"most ridiculous customer service"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with Malaysia Airlines from Singapore to Penang. I received an email letting me know my flight to Penang was cancel and force me to change the flight to 2 days later. I called up the customer service and they do not allow refund at all. The only option they provided me is to transit in KL. So the flight time from 1.5 hours to 6 hours is the best they can do. I wanted a full refund and was rejected mentioned that the ticket I bought is non-refundable. It is ridiculous that the airline just cancel a booked flight, force customer to take transit and do not compensate anything on my time lose nor do not allow refund at all. This is the most ridiculous customer service ever! If they are not flying, they should not published the flight and allow customer to purchase. This is obviously a ripped-off and leave customer with no choice. They obviously do not care about the inconvenient they caused to their customer. I regretted booking a flight with this airline and I won't do so again.
RouteSingapore to Penang