Malaysia Airlines

"shouted at me to go away"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. It was a delay of flight MH 866 on the 23rd of August for 13 hours. As a result I with my family (two small children) missed a flight to Almaty on 23rd August and had to re-booked the flight in a two days. For two days I booked a hotel in KL. No one from Malaysia Airlines helped us. No compensation and even apologizes at that time. Rude lady at the Malaysia airlines desk at the airport shouted at me to go away and decide problems by ourselves. This was unknown country and I was stressed because of this situation. Never use these airlines!
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I had lot of difficulties"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Manila to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur. I admit KLIA was in a mess this day but Malaysia Airlines has been uncapable to print a boarding pass, I had lot of difficulties to find internet access and make an online check in it was ridiculous. Malaysia Airlines lost my luggage and took 3 days to find it and send it back to me in bag conditions. Their Customer Service was really bad, not even a phone call or support provided. I had to take another flight to Singapore after 2 days.
RouteManila to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"very high value for money especially elite travellers"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | 30-31 Aug 2019 Saigon-Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta on their favorite aircrafts, the aged B737s. Allowed to check in online and checked-in very early in Saigon as they have open counters almost throughout the day. They operate 3-5 flights from Saigon per day. Got both two Boarding Passes issued instantly. The luggage was checked in for my next 4 legs (I had 6 to come, but they failed to manage the last two - but acceptable. As a frequent traveler I accessed Le Saigonnais lounge in Saigon and Golden Lounge in the Satellite terminal in KLIA. Both lounges are very good and hospitable. Nap area in Golden Lounge is very useful for me, I also appreciate their noodle section. Flights on time and well announced. Hot meals on board on both flights, and my special meal request was honored. Meals loaded from KLIA are always much better than those loaded from Ho Chi Minh. IFE worked fine. On both flights, I was given option to chose any seat available in economy. No mileage give as the ticket was cheap providing very high value for money especially elite travelers as the lounges make up for what may be missing on the flights. They give 45 kg. luggage allowances to One-World frequent flyers on a strongly discounted fare, that’s a gift. Still, they don’t serve any alcoholic drinks on those route, which is a shortcoming.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur

"lease some good planes"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | London to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur. Oh Malaysia Airlines, why can't you be like McDonald's and offer the same standard on all routes. A350-900 from LHR to KUL is fantastic. Great plane, great lounges, great staff. Why on earth would you continue to sell the dreadful experience of A330-200 business class between KUL and AKL? It's awful. Whoever designed those hideous little BC pods clearly had no intention of staying in one for more than 4 hrs. I felt sorry for the cabin crew - who were great - they don't even have somewhere to rest and appear to hate those planes too. Some of the meals on KUL-AKL were a bit rubbish I'd also have to say (fish was pretty unpleasant) Seriously Malaysia Airlines, you need to pull those A330's, they are poor and I am actually willing to pay a little more to go with Cathay, Qatar, Emirates or Singapore just to avoid those awful seats. No storage space whatsoever, they are 'open plan' into the aisle and the bed tapers at the foot so you almost have to have your feet crossed all the time. An appalling design which is better than EC, but a far cry for usual BC standards. I want to love you Malaysian, and I do, but there are loads of competitors on this route, please scrap the A330's and lease some good planes. The A350 is great.
AircraftA350-900 / A330-200
RouteLondon to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"inflight entertainment is outdated"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kualanamu to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur. The worst full service airline in the region. First, long delay. Second, ground staff and flight attendant were rude to me. The inflight entertainment is outdated.
RouteKualanamu to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"it was a most wonderful flight"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne two years ago, in August 2017. An excellent flight with Malaysia Airlines. Check in at KLIA very smooth and quick and was able to spend time in the "new" MAS Lounge which is very spacious and an excellent selection of Western and Asian cuisine. Boarding was reasonably efficient though main security check is done at the boarding gate but 3 lanes were open so not much of a delay. Seat 4 A in Business, which is a standard Business Class seat with direct aisle access. Offered a pre take off juice and a cold towel. Departure slightly delayed however crew offered more juice when requested. After take off Tea or coffee trolley brought around as it was a morning flight and then an excellent breakfast of Muesli, fresh fruit and toast. Soon after lunch orders were taken which I declined as I was quite full after the breakfast, however the cabin crew said I could order anytime which I thought was very good. Watched a movie and a doze in the seat for a while and then they asked if I would like to something to eat and had a meat pie with tomato sauce. Prior to landing the famous Satay was served along with a glass of champagne and we landed about 15 minutes early into Melbourne. Overall with the friendly staff and the seating etc it was a most wonderful flight!
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2017

Malaysia Airlines customer review

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur. Really disappointed with Malaysia Airlines. No notification received on potential 7h flight delay (from initial 1pm to 8pm). Compensation was not really taken care in terms of timing and service. Further delay in my following flight up to 3h delay without any compensation Cabin baggage is horrible as it seems no policy on baggage size thus make passenger with proper baggage size had to be sacrificed. My luggage was left in KL! First time using Malaysia Airlines and shall be my last time. Not recommended airline for sure.
RouteHanoi to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Quite simply great value for money"

Trip Verified | London to Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines. I find it difficult to report any negatives about this flight. The A350 is a fine aircraft, comfortable, roomy (I am 6ft and had knee room in the cheap seats) and offers excellent IFE with large seat back screens. Cabin crew were excellent with two choices of meals at dinner and breakfast. Aircraft cabin and toilets were kept clean and tidy throughout the flight. On time departure and arrival. Quite simply great value for money.
AircraftA350-900
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"service and the staff on board were brilliant"

Trip Verified | MH 148 from Melbourne to KL. Check in most efficient and guided to express lane for security and passport clearance. MAS use the Qantas lounge which is a bunker at Melbourne but nice food and drinks on offer. Slight boarding delay as some passengers were paged by the gate staff on a number of times. Upon boarding shown to my seat in 6 A and assured by the excellent cabin manager that my "book the cook" meal was on board. Welcome drink offered however no champagne. I asked for a glass if possible and it was delivered in a prompt manner. After take off a cold towel was handed out and then one of the highlights of this airline the satay was served! Next came a Terrine as a starter followed by my lunch which I had pre ordered. A prawn and noodle dish which was one of the best meals I have enjoyed in over 40 years of flying internationally! The wine list was very good and also the "if your hungry" menu was also great! The service and the staff on board were brilliant and answered the call button within seconds. Movies were limited but enough to keep me going for the 8 hour flight. Overall for the price and the great crew this flight I rate in my top 3 of all time.
AircraftA330-300
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"They were not offered a wheelchair"

Trip Verified | My elderly parents traveled from Delhi to Adelaide via Kuala Lumpur. I mentioned wheelchairs while booking tickets and it was printed on the ticket too. At Delhi Airport, only my mother-in-law was given the wheelchair initially. The staff kept on insisting that my father-in-law doesn't need a wheelchair. My FIL looks fit but he has diabetes and he cant walk for long. My FIL had to give the staff 200 rs to the staff to get wheelchair service. Their ordeal didn't end here. After reaching Kulla Lumpur, no one came to escort my parents in wheelchair. They asked the crew to which they received the reply that they themselves had to change the flight. They had to walk to the next gate and board the next flight. Even after reaching Adelaide, my parents had to stand in the queue for immigration check for 3 hours as the airport was busy. They were not offered a wheelchair at any time. I hope you understand how difficult it is for elderly and physically unfit parents to travel so far. Shame on you Malaysia Airlines for treating your customers this way. I hope you will take some action.
RouteDelhi to Adelaide via Kuala Lumpur