Lynx Air

"fail in actually flying you anywhere"

Trip Verified | I believe this is an airline entirely designed to take money from people who do not have a great deal of it. This is the second time flying with lynx. The first time I had to cancel my lynx flight due to last minute alterations (alterations that extended my travel time well into the following day) and instead had to pay far more than I had originally intended by booking a proper real airline flight with WestJet at a far greater price than had I originally booked with WestJet in the first place. I am now, having booked a flight with lynx for a flight for tomorrow am facing the difficulty of having my flight delayed by 3 hours. This delay is not due to weather, it is simply due to the fact that lynx can barely sustain of airline. The delay has nothing to do with weather, it is just because it is barely an airline and will not last beyond 2023 because their customer service is non existent. They just want to take money and cancel your flight. I already had the disturbing email a month ago that the simply pushed my flight 30 hours forward. I now believe I will not get there at all, following the 2nd time delay of 3 hours. I will miss the connection. I have now thrown away hundreds of dollars on a trip that will not get me to where I need to be, therefore will just stay at home. Never book with lynx airline. It seems cheap but, it is exactly that. It will take your money, bleed you dry and fail in actually flying you anywhere.
Date FlownMay 2022

" Great experience from gate to gate"

Trip Verified | Great experience from gate to gate. We showed up from our flight 3 hours early with 2 snowboards heading out for snowboard training. We left Toronto early and arrived to Vancouver early on the brand new 737MAX8. We were worried about our snowboards making it so a very friendly flight attendant named Cheri went above and beyond to verify our bags had in fact made it on the plane. Great staff, smooth flight and we will definitely be flying with Lynx Air again on our future snowboard adventures. Thanks Cheri and staff for making our flight enjoyable.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max 8

"I was really impressed"

#9989; Trip Verified | Flights in both directions left on time and landed slightly early. Staff was friendly and had no issues with anything at all. Took a backpack as a free carry-on. Flight attendants were professional, helpful and friendly. For the cost of a ticket I was really impressed. I like that the seats don’t recline which is something that bothers me on other airlines as it really reduces the free space in front of me. The seats themselves were comfortable and I have no complaint about them either. Legroom was alright (I am over 6 feet tall and still had room for my knees). There is really nothing I can complain about. They met every expectation I had.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX 8
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"this was an excellent choice"

Trip Verified | For the price this was an excellent choice. They got me there and back without a hitch. On time both directions. No frills airline and friendly staff. Read the baggage rules before getting upset!
RouteHamilton to Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2022

"It is such a bad service"

Trip Verified | Trying this new Lynx Airline. It only started operational this April. Book and fairly cheap flight to Vancouver. Moment got the gate. I was right away ask for payment of my personal item as a carry on baggage. Although my bag is not that big compare to some of passengers of bulky backpack. My personal baggage was a small bag that fits underneath the chair and no need to put in the overhead bin. It is such a bad service and from gate crew giving bad attitude and not even polite to customers. Paying $41.99 carry-on fee that should have been free as personal item. I understand to pay a carry-on if my item is too bulky and big backpack. I have posted a photo of how it looks like under the seat putting my small bag not bulky compare to other big backpacks. I even saw other passenger didn't have to pay extra charge of $41.99 even their personal item is much bigger than mine. Thought to say this in this review as some whom are trying to take this airline could experience similar thing as me.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Worst experience with this airline"

Trip Verified | Worst experience with this airline, decided to give them a shot and I would not recommend to anyone who may be thinking the same. Flight delayed 6 hours and cited for “safety reasons” to avoid compensating passengers. Did not have the courtesy of providing a $10 voucher for food while waiting (commonly done by other airlines). Wouldn’t recommend and wouldn’t fly again.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"want to compliment all the ground crew"

Trip Verified | I want to compliment all the ground crew, and the flight staff, both coming and going from Toronto to Edmonton on flight Y9502 and Y9501, with all there help with my disabled wife. They even re-arranged the seating for us, so that my wife would be closer to the Lavatory, and they did everything in there power to help her there when she needed. The flight staff did everything to make her feel comfortable on both flights. A big thanks, also to the Captain on our flight to Edmonton, he even went out to go and find ground crew to get my wife seated, now that is service. I wish I knew all there names, as I would mention them here. We left Sept 23rd Y9-502 and return to Toronto Y9-501 Oct12th. I hope the powers that be let them know how much I appreciate all there help on the flights. Will definitely fly with Lynx again when I go out to Alberta.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"not worth the saving"

Trip Verified | Very bad airline. Try to avoid it. It not worth the saving. The flight is delayed. The service people shows they do not care. You need to pay for your carry on bag. The definition of free carry on, 6 by 14 by 11. Basically a computer bag. Server staff is rude.
Date FlownOctober 2022

"No customer service help at the airport"

Trip Verified | At first we were pleasantly surprised at the cost of the flight when booking, online reservation went off without a hitch until we received an email a few days later saying our flight was cancelled for no reason. No explanation was provided. An alternate flight was provided for the day after. We made an attempt to call customer service same day to reserve our one way flight. Finally after waiting 1.5 hrs on the phone we got through. Booked our flight and set on our trip. As we get to the airport we realized the flight that was booked was in fact for the original date of yesterday! No customer service help at the airport, no help over the phone and now we’re left stranded in the airport rebooking a flight online at a much higher cost and no form of compensation for the miscommunication. Everything in the airport is third party, and customer service had no consideration for their initial mistake. Needless to say this is the first and absolute last time flying with Lynx. Rather pay more money for consistency with a major airline. I sincerely hope they consider hiring managers for customer service before this airline goes down.
RouteCalgary to Toronto

"Had a great experience"

Not Verified | Had a great experience. Flight was early, no issues at all with boarding. Keep in mind they only allow a small carry on and backpack. Crew was very nice. This was the first flight where I could actually be able to fall asleep!
RouteToronto to Calgary