Luxair

Luxair customer review

Dublin-Manchester. Missed a flight with another airline and was delighted to get a reasonably-priced one way with Luxair at short notice. FAs very pleasant complimentary newspapers refreshing towel choice of complimentary drinks (including champagne) and even Luxair branded sweets -it's been a long time since I've seen that simple touch on an airline. Although I have no complaints about Aer Lingus on this route (good value fares self service check in allocated seating - as opposed to check in queues non allocated seating and not always low fares on Ryanair!) I would happily recommend Luxair on this short leg of their Dublin-Manchester-Luxembourg daily and having read the Luxair inflight magazine and enjoyed the service of Luxair am thinking of completing the journey for a short break in Luxembourg.

Luxair customer review

LUX-CDG return (and onwards to YUL on AF) 14/10 - 24/10 in economy. First flight fine in ERJ-145 (which are quite small however and are aging). Got sandwich and drink flight attendants ok newspapers available. Landing at CDG very bumpy but as flight attendants and later on pilot informed us this was because we got into a jet blast from a starting B747 which had departed just before we landed. Information much appreciated. Return on B737-500: plane was full cramped seating not comfortable at all I must say got served breakfast with coffee and juice; fine and uneventful flight. Landing very nice hardly noticeable. Luggage on conveyer belt before we got to the terminal (which took 5 minutes). Will fly them again.

Luxair customer review

I was impressed with LUXAIR. My flights were on-time and the FAs were great. CDG to LUX EMBRAER RJ145. Typical commuter terminal set-up. Take a bus to get there. Boarded from the tarmac. Reminds me of LAX. Plane has 1x2 seating. Fancy turquoise and black flight attendant uniforms for such a short flight in a small aircraft. Plane did have a special 2005 EU Presidency decal outside the cabin hatch. Lovely little brunch service. China and stamped metal flatware. Fruit cup rye roll croissant cute soufflé thing on a toast mozzarella bacon. Got a box of two chocolates at the end. Unfortunately my checked bags weren't there. I wasn't the only one to groan when the baggage carousel stopped without barfing out my bag. The checked bag arrived over 5 hours after I did. LUX to FRA Boeing 737-500. Nice Luxair VIP lounge. It's got a self serve espresso machine that grinds the beans fresh and dried fruit packaged snacks cute little sandwiches and bottled drinks. Plane is interesting. First class seating is almost the same as coach. The armrests on the center seat angle inward and a console goes on top with places for drinks. It looks they can sell as many business class seats as they want. A third of the plane looked like it was set up for business class! Seats are a little low. Seemed harder to get my carry-on under there. Leg room is okay. It didn't seem like there was much if any additional space between seat . They gave out packaged hand wipes and there were sandwiches on nice crusty bread for the snack. Impressive computer animated pre-flight safety video. Has video screen every 4 rows that retract up. Showed graphic of plane location during the flight.

Luxair customer review

I often fly Luxair as I am based in Luxembourg. The cabin service is the best I have experienced. Friendly real multilingual crew. There is an ample choice of newspapers. Even on short flights from LUX to CDG you'll get a nice sandwich and drinks in economy. Most Luxair flights are in shared codes so watch out through which airline you book you flight if you want those frequent flyer miles. The only complaint I have are these noisy slow Fokker 50's but they are being replaced right now.

Luxair customer review

Economy from Manchester to Luxembourg. Very nice flight with a freshen up towel given before take off and during the flight. I was impressed with the service and meal and the flight attendants were friendly and courteous. This was a very enjoyable flight. Check in was smooth as I was early. No delays. Only problem was the return flight was too early in the morning so I was unable to have breakfast at the hotel. In the end this didn't matter as I had breakfast on the aircraft.

Luxair customer review

Luxembourg - London City return. On a route where Luxair has real competition they are having to alter price and service to properly compete. This return to London saw passengers served an adequate sandwich and drink plus refreshing wipe after take off and sweets before landing. Price was very good for Luxair and the overall service was friendly but unremarkable. To note that on the way back all to Luxembourg all passengers were presented with a bottle of Luxembourg champagne style drink - a nice touch. This compares with the VLM service which currently dishes out a presentation box of English Tea!