Luxair

"Horrible experience with Luxair"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Horrible experience with Luxair. We were stranded in Madrid for 3 days due to weather conditions. Luxair told passengers to find their own accommodation and get reimbursed from the company. We flew in January, now it's the end of April and still no answer from Luxair. We made several phone calls, sent emails. Every time we start from zero with incompetent people at their customer support and still no refund! It's a shame for this company.
RouteMadrid to Luxembourg
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"They lost my bag!"

Not Verified | They lost my bag! I flew from London city airport to Paris with a layover in Luxembourg and when I arrived at Paris mine never showed up. I submitted a claim to try and resolve it but that turned out to be a waste of energy. Worst part is that their baggage line doesn’t open until 3 and only stays open until 5. Really unbelievable, I came here to see Disney land and now I have to go find a whole new wardrobe and everything. Would not recommend this airline.
RouteLondon City to Paris via Luxembourg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Very nice staff"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Luxembourg to Copenhagen. Very nice staff, they were helpful and smiling. We received a sandwich, which is rare nowadays. It was a pleasure! I will for sure fly again with them.
RouteLuxembourg to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"this flight went very smoothly"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | As always, this flight went very smoothly. The flight departed on time, a very modern plane (LX-LBB), the breakfast on board was, although smaller than in previous years, very tasty. The crew were very professional but as always, not a single English announcements. I hope it is only for me, but this really annoys me. Spanish announcements should be introduced as for LG flights to Madrid or Barcelona. On board Wifi would be more than welcome and miles should be earned on this route.
AircraftBoeing 737-800W
RouteMalaga to Luxembourg
Date FlownAugust 2019

"a complete lack of English announcements on board"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Malaga to Luxembourg with Luxair. The ticket was quite expensive when booked (around 300€ booked 3 weeks ago). The cabin was full but the flight went smoothly and on time. LG is among the last legacy carriers providing a meal on their “medium-long” flights. Nevertheless, a hot meal instead of a cold one would be preferred in this case. The cabin crew was professional but not exceptional. As I said previously, there was a complete lack of English announcements on board. This is simply unacceptable. Additionally, Spanish announcements would be a nice touch too. Nevertheless, it seems like Luxair doesn’t really care about this issue. No invitation for the web check-in and no miles can be earned on the LUX-AGP/AGP-LUX routes. Yet again, something unacceptable. On board Wi-Fi would be welcome as well as the CO2 compensation on their website.
AircraftBoeing 737-800W
RouteMalaga to Luxembourg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Lousy airline"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Luxembourg to Venice. Lousy airline, first overbooking for a confirmed ticket, then absence of information on a problematic situation and incompetence and bad faith to find a solution.
RouteLuxembourg to Venice
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Nice and smooth flight"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Luxembourg to Faro. Nice and smooth flight, In contrast to LG flights from Faro, online check-in is available on flight to Faro. Crew was friendly and catering was good. However, again, the lack of English and Portuguese announcements is really unpleasant for passengers who don’t speak the 3 national languages of Luxembourg. To improve immediately.
AircraftBoeing 737-700W
RouteLuxembourg to Faro
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Very good flight"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Faro to Luxembourg. Very good flight, even though there’s some negative points. No online check-in available from Faro (but it is available when flights are departing from LUX). LG should maybe start considering installing wifi on board it’s planes. One of the biggest critic I could make though i’d the lack of any English and Portuguese announcements made by the crew during the entire flight. This is really not acceptable for a legacy company such as Luxair. Nevertheless the flight itself was smooth, the catering was good (and existing!) and the crew was very friendly, despite not making EN and PT annoucements. I still would highly recommend Luxair, but please LG, correct these basic mistakes!
AircraftBoeing 737-700W
RouteFaro to Luxembourg
Date FlownMarch 2019

"never fly with Luxair again! "

Not Verified | Berlin to Luxembourg. On the 30th of November my Luxair flight was 3 Hours delayed which due to the EU passenger regulation (EG) Nr. 261/2004 entitles me to a 250€ compensation. I emailed the customer service and they claim that "the flight was only delayed 2 hrs 59 Minutes". I was on the plane and it did not leave after 2 hours 59 minutes - we were still on the ground. I will never fly with Luxair again!
RouteBerlin to Luxembourg
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I didn't receive my luggage"

Trip Verified | Luxembourg to Lisbon. On arrival I didn't receive my luggage. And I received no information on the whereabouts of my luggage for 3 days. The flight duration is less than 3 hours. I was forced to buy new clothes and toiletries since my situation was precarious. I don't understand how a luggage can be lost on a direct flight of less than 3 hours duration. When I received my luggage 3 days later, I was horrified by the condition of my Luggage. My Luggage was left opened and exposed for several days and was left damaged, not being able to close completely. I was missing a white shirt and tooth brush. My luggage was searched extensively and they could not put back my affairs correctly in the right order. And could not close my luggage. No information was provided to me during these 3 days to inform me that my luggage will be opened and will be treated so horribly. The way my luggage was treated is simply not respectful of a customer. I started my Christmas holiday in an horrible way with this horrible incident. And they did not seem to be concerned at all. They never called me. they didn't put any effort on finding my luggage quickly. Very bad after service customer interaction.
RouteLuxembourg to Lisbon