Lufthansa

"opposite to resourceful"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Munich to Barcelona. The flight attendants did not help us at all and they were the opposite to resourceful. The person who was supposed to help us locate our luggage didn’t even attempt to solve the problem that we had. She just kept ignoring our problems. Moreover, the flight was more than an our late without any type of explanation. This airline is just incompetent and not resourceful to say the least.
RouteMunich to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Lots of scope in improvements"

Trip Verified | Took flight from Frankfurt to Mumbai last week. Food was pathetic, on the name of covid and less crew. No fresh snacks were served or nonveg food was given, failed to understand the reason behind it. No much options in food in spite of charging high. Seats were ok but little congested cabin for long journey. Lots of scope in improvements.
RouteFrankfurt to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2021

"1970's coach with a flat bed"

Trip Verified | Extremely disappointing. At gate they wanted Vax info even though UAL had uploaded to itinerary. On boarding no welcome beverage or real welcome. No menu provided. Table setting consisted of a cloth tossed at our table. Meager amenity pack. Mediocre food. Not very comfortable bed. 1970's coach with a flat bed.
RouteNewark to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2021

"The COVID pandemics worsened this disaster service even to more catastrophic"

Trip Verified | I am a frequent flyer with Lufthansa since more than 25 years. Living close to their German hub, I use this airline for world-wide travels, both for business and private needs. In the past, the airline delivered not perfect but pretty good services as on the ground as well in the air. The last 5 years the situation has changed drastically. I had multiple serious issues on the ground and in the flight, when Lufthansa staff demonstrated a full ignorance or arrogance to the passengers. The numerous complains to the support line result in formal response without any real measures. The COVID pandemics worsened this disaster service even to more catastrophic. I could provide my personal tens of examples how the Lufthansa employees treat the customers in bad manner, starting from business lounges and further at boarding and in airplane, however, this review is not aimed to make a long story but just to express the general status of the services by Lufthansa. Last but not least, recent changes in price policies and in-flight services just confirm the general trend of company degradation. For example, on some international flights longer than 2 hours (flight FRA-LED), which I recently used, there is no more complimentary food/drinks service. The ticket price, however, increased! As a summary, using often other air carriers, I have to say that Lufthansa is rather located in the very end of the list of quality providers.
RouteFrankfurt to Saint Petersburg
Date FlownOctober 2021

"flights were on time and planes were clean"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | As always with Lufthansa I had no problem with this flight. The flights were on time and planes were clean. I still don't like to fly with mask on my face, hope this end soon.
RouteBrussels to Belgrade via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"rebooked to fly through FRA"

Trip Verified | I had booked Stuttgart to Budapest via Munich. That's what I got and LH initially confirmed. On check in, the flight from STR to MUC had been cancelled and I was rebooked to fly through FRA (what I wanted to avoid). Flight STR to FRA was delayed by more than 45 min, I only made the connection in FRA because the gate was just across and because also FRA to BUD was delayed. My luggage, though, didn't catch the flight and was only delivered during the night.
RouteStuttgart to Budapest via Munich
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Extremely competent and friendly flight attendants"

Trip Verified | Boeing 737-8 business class is excellent. Seats are comfortable, love the storage area for window seats in Business Class. Extremely competent and friendly flight attendants attending every need throughout the flight. This includes disassembling a seat to recover my lost glasses - not a simple task for complex full recline seats in Business class. Above average meals. Only complaint was that the USB port did not have enough power to charge my iPad or even keep it from discharging (albeit slowly).
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"one of the better USA-Europe flights"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | It's been some years since I've flown Lufthansa long-haul, and I have to preface this by saying I was extremely lucky with a more than half-empty flight. The 747-8 is a gorgeous airplane and I do hope Lufthansa continues to fly them even as others discontinue this awesome Jumbo. Check-in : Easy, friendly service. In-Flight Service : Very friendly and accommodating as Lufthansa has been in the past. Seat-Comfort - Due to the half empty flight, I was happily able to stretch out. However, even in a full flight, the seat would have been above average by economy standards. I can recommend the mini-economy cabin in front of economy plus on this particular plane. Food/Beverages - Good selection of beverages. Meals were fine (Ravioli for dinner and a sandwich box for breakfast), but nothing special by economy standards. No choice food alternative choice was provided. Entertainment - A bit of a more dated touch system, that was a bit sticky to navigate, but overall a good selection. WIFI - Offered, but not used by myself. Overall one of the better long-haul USA-Europe flights I've been on.
RouteSan Francisco to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"asked me to put on my mask"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Newark via Frankfurt. Flight from Moscow to Frankfurt. At the check-in counter they the rep said that I have to pay for my luggage even though, it was paid at the time of the ticket purchasing. The shift supervisor stated that their computer does not reflect my luggage was prepaid and that I have to go to the company cashier window and get some kind of proof that this is the case. Finally, after standing in line to see the cashier I managed to get the required number that proves my luggage was prepaid. Why are you asking your customers to prove that they paid for the luggage? Is booking number should be enough to see the whole info? Flight from Frankfurt to Newark my food was horrible. The flight attendants are rude. During meal time when I was trying to eat and answered her question about my choice of drink she asked me to put on my mask for the reason. "because you are talking to me".
RouteMoscow to Newark via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"it errors out on their site"

Trip Verified | I booked a 4 leg round trip with Lufthansa a month ago. A week back I got an email notice that they have cancelled the flights in 3 legs of the 4 leg round trip. They gave me an option for an intermediate leg that starts about 6 hours later from Frankfurt and options to cancel it and ask for a refund. I cancelled an intermediate leg as it is of no use as I cannot magically transport myself to Frankfurt and have my luggage automatically loaded in the aircraft for an onward journey. When I clicked refund my ticket, it errors out on their site and asks you to contact their customer service. I have been on hold for more than 2 hours on three separate occasions and yet unable to get in touch with their customer service. An email sent to their customer service to process my refund came back with a canned response from a DONOTREPLY email address. I have started the process of disputing the charge through my credit card company because according to their flight cancellation email I am entitled to a refund, just there is not way to request a refund online or via phone. I have searched online and there are numerous customers with the same experience. Spare yourself the headache of forced flight cancellation and inability to request refunds.
RouteAustin to Frankfurt