Lufthansa

"Cancelled flight, no assistance"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. Cancelled flight, no assistance, no help from customer service. My flight was rebooked so I will arrive 25 hours behind the schedule. I understand that delays or cancellations happen, however this is the responsibility of an airline to provide hotel, food, taxi. It was all non-existent.
RouteBrussels to Wroclaw
Date FlownMay 2022

"Embarrassing level of service"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Embarrassing level of service as usual when I fly with Lufthansa. I’m still trying to go back home from Malta since yesterday morning. 48 hours of delays, cancellations, rebooking and cancellations again. I have spent about 9 hours in the airport by now, today only. Plus 9 hours yesterday. The official reason is bad weather. It’s rather strange that bad weather seems to be affecting only Lufthansa airplanes, while the others fly on time. Today in Frankfurt there are 20 degrees, no wind at all, no rain, no fog, clear sky. I wonder what bad weather they are talking about. Now in the queue to the Lufthansa service to know what is the plan for today as I missed the second leg of my trip due to almost two hours delay of the flight from Malta. A queue so long that you cannot see the end, but only 2 desperate women at the counter on the brink of quitting their job anytime or start crying.
RouteMalta to Stockholm via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2022

"to say I am frustrated would be an understatement"

Trip Verified | It all started from our flight from Romania to Chicago thru Frankfurt. I was traveling with my grandma who is disabled and can barely move. So the problems started in Romania. The Lufthansa pilots were late for departure for over an hour. When they finally arrived the flight was delayed for another hour due to the weather in Frankfurt. So we were late for over an hour and missed our connection to Chicago. It took us almost two hours to find an open Lufthansa service desk. Three of them were closed. We had to go thru the control to get to the open one So hour and a half later (7pm) the lady at service desk told us that we have to wait till next day 10.45 am to continue our journey and she gave us hotel accommodations off the premises of the airport and there is a shuttle to take us there. 30 minutes to get to the shuttle stop we had to wait for the bus for an hour and a half to find out that the shuttle is not equipped for handicapped people with the chair. Somehow we managed to load my grandma on this shuttle and when we came to hotel they had no ADA equipped rooms or even elevators. We did mange that (I had to carry her again) and went back to our flight in the morning. We were told at the gate that we will be preboarding before everyone else. That didn’t happen cause the person who was suppose to open the elevator for us was nowhere to be found. So we had to wait till everyone boards and then walk through all the people to our seats. So to say I am frustrated would be an understatement.
RouteBucharest to Chicago via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2022

"does not provide a ticket credit"

Trip Verified | I had to cancel a ticket for medical reasons and they told me I was going to only get reimbursed for unused taxes.  Considering the current situation and what competitors offer, I find it quite embarrassing that Lufthansa does not provide at least a ticket credit in this situation.  On top of that, I tried talking on the chat with someone and after 2h I finally got connected and the person closed the chat and sent me back to the chatbot even if I hadn't finished typing my message. Truly unprofessional.
RouteMunich to Paris
Date FlownMay 2022

"Customer Service is non-existent"

Not Verified | Zurich to Tucson via Munich. Lufthansa Customer Service is non-existent! One of my return flights got cancelled and a person or an algorithm rebooked my route, and now I arrive in Chicago at 9 PM while my flight to Zurich is at 7 PM. I have been trying to reach them for two weeks now on 800 645 3880, and am on hold forever. They received 9 billion Euros of taxpayers' money and can't afford to employ 20-30 more people in Customer Service Support? And there is the ridiculous robot chat which redirected me to contacting United Airlines, which I did. They were very nice and willing to help but they said only Lufthansa can change the wrongly rebooked flight. So, I have a month left till my flight, hopefully, someone will pick up at some point
RouteZurich to Tucson via Munich
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"The entire experience was a nightmare"

Trip Verified | This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. Late departure, cramped seats, underseat storage was only 3 half-size slots for 4 people (not big enough for a regular size backpack), none of our bags fit, the entertainment system was exceedingly slow and crashed 5 times leading to a blank screen. The flight attendants ignored the call button, I rang it 4 times in 30 minutes and they never peaked out from behind the curtain, I could hear them chatting on the other side, there were numerous other call lights illuminated in the cabin - all went unattended. When I arrived at the transfer airport, they shuttled us all onto our new flight only to wait several hours on the tarmac before telling us that the flight was cancelled. When we were returned to the terminal, the line to speak to customer service was about 500 people long. I waited in line for an hour before an airline employee came and told a large group of us that there was another service desk on the other side of the terminal with no line. He led us all the way across the terminal only to find that the line was easily twice as long. I ended up waiting in the new line for another 2 hours. When I finally got to the front, I was told there was only 1 seat left on any flight on any airline to my destination within 48 hrs, it left 31 hours after my original flight and I had to take it now or leave it. I took it, only to find out on my way to the hotel that I could have rebooked my flight in about 60 seconds via the chat bot on their website and caught a flight within 2 hrs (it had multiple seats available) By the time I discovered this, it was too late to return to the airport and catch the flight, so I had to spend a night in the stopover city, arriving at my destination more than 24 hrs late. The entire experience was a nightmare and I don’t understand how they’re still in business. Speaking of which, the taxi and hotel immediately knew that I was coming from a cancelled Lufthansa flight, it seemed like all of their business came from customers in the same situation. When I returned to the airport the next day, I tried to go to the service desk to change my seat and found a line of a similar length, everyone grumbling about dealing with the same issue.
RouteSan Francisco to Lisbon via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2022

"indifferent, and rank lazy crew"

Trip Verified | The aircraft was just lovely, Economy cabin, sat in 28A and my wife sat in 28K both seats offering wonderful legroom which I’d thoroughly recommend @ £85. You really Can’t fault it. However, it takes a good crew to make a decent trip and this one was beyond awful. Busyish overnight flight. The IFE in my wife’s seat was kaput. The mounting bracket was broken, it happens. Crew strangely disinterested. So I swapped seats, armed with my iPad. Once the sear belt sign wax off, I pointed it out to the crew again. No one could be bothered to even look at it. I hadn’t eaten anticipating being fed on board. Service, I was passed a tray, the smell of which had begun to permeate the cabin. No option. Most of which was sparse and totally inedible. The crew after service was conspicuously absent having blacked out the cabin. At lighting up time 1 hr 45 mins from BKK. Another “offering” was handed to me. Mostly inedible, a comically bad sandwich. The sum of all I could stomach was a bread roll and a yoghurt for a ten hour 50 minute trip. I was Ravenous by BKK and destroyed a KFC on arrival. That’s a first in over 40 years of flying. Mean, penny pinching in tough times I can kind of understand, these are tough times. An indifferent, and rank lazy crew however, is just plain unacceptable. Doing the right thing and being nice costs nothing.
AircraftA350-900
RouteMunich to Bangkok

"just fly Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Never thought I would say this, but just fly Ryanair. Horrible, unprofessional desk check in and gate staff. 1 nice hostess and the rest were outrageously bad.
RouteFrankfurt to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2022

"Lufthansa version of cost cutting"

Trip Verified | This was my first Lufthansa flight after a gap of 2 years and it was very disappointing. The inflight service was very poor. I found the peanuts/small snack they serve along with the first round of drinks missing. No choice of alcohol, only beer and wine that too only one round. For dinner there was no choice .. only pasta, no choice of veg or non veg. The pasta tasted like nothing. No round of drinks during the 13 hours flight from Singapore to Frankfurt. Just offered one bottle of water after dinner. I remember those occasional rounds of cups with water/juices throughout the night. Before descend they serve breakfast, one muffin and coffee! Before the Pandemic they used to serve omelets/sausages. This is Lufthansa version of cost cutting! Premium airline, we pay premium price and we get poor service.
RouteSingapore to Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2022

"Never taking Lufthansa again"

Not Verified | First flight got delayed, second one got cancelled with such late notice. I was told an hour after the supposed departure time that the flight would be cancelled. On top of that the stuff are extremely disorganized, rude and unaccommodating. Ive never met less hospitable customer service in my life. When families inquired about a hotel room after their cancelled flights, they were given airplane blankets and told to make do. The staff had no business trying to discipline customers and act authoritative when they were the ones being extremely disorganized about everything. People around me have been stranded for 25 hours. Never taking Lufthansa again.
RouteMumbai to Vancouver via Frankfurt