Lufthansa

"no personal air vents"

Trip Verified | Munich to Vancouver. My 6 foot frame was squashed into a space suitable for a child for a 9.5 hour transatlantic flight. There were no personal air vents. Terrible decline in what was a quality airline a few years ago.
RouteMunich to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"more than 20 min delays"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Frankfurt. Paying more like for budget airlines, for me it implies that the product quality is better. Well this does applies to Lufthansa route Frankfurt to Budapest and return. Both flights had more than 20 min delays and this didn't seem to bother the crew including the captain. This is no way to service passengers who are paying a premium to get the best services. I am very disappointed.
RouteBudapest to Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2018

"no concept of customer service"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Boston. Fly Lufthansa frequently. United platinum million miler Gold. Always pre-select aisle seat. Routinely get reassigne to center seat. Lufthansa airport staff uniformly unsympathetic with no concept of customer service. Their assumption n is that the customer is wrong or lying. They have no competition and they don't care.
RouteFrankfurt to Boston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will not use this company again"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Tallinn to Zagreb via Frankfurt. I am very disappointed in the changes of arrival and departure times for my trip booked for December 2018. Because of these changes I will miss part of the conference I am visiting. Company first changed arrival dates to my destination and around 2 weeks later - departure times from my destination country. Very unpleasant experience, will not use this company again.
RouteTallinn to Zagreb via Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2018

"use Air Nostrum aircraft"

Trip Verified | Luxemburg to Frankfurt. I purchased a ticket on the Lufthansa website for flight LH 393. Marked as being operated by Lufthansa, as the original ticket confirms. Upon arrival at the airport in Luxembourg, I had to find out, that Lufthansa has decided to use Air Nostrum aircraft as wet lease on this routing for a couple of months already, without ever feeling the need to inform customers of the change of service. Air Nostrum is a substandard low cost airline, normally operating on behalf of Iberia. Not even a Star Alliance partner. There was zero service onboard. Flight attendants were rude. They basically disappeared out of sight immediately after takeoff, only to be seen again for final landing procedures. This is in no way what I expected upon buying a Lufthansa flight. Shelling out good money. If I want to go low cost, no frills, I can get it way cheaper.
RouteLuxemburg to Frankfurt

"I cannot complain"

Trip Verified | Sitting onboard the spacious and iconic 747-400 is always a pleasure. Lufthansa has a modern entertainment system and the internet (17€ for 24 hours) is quite okay. On-time departure, actually we are currently ahead of schedule. Food and drinks are above average. Seat space is also above average. Friendly crew, efficient airport. I cannot complain.
RouteFrankfurt to Washington, D.C.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"felt completely lost at Frankfurt"

Trip Verified | Athens to Frankfurt. This review is less about flight, more about poor information re landing at Frankfurt Airport. This is 1 of the largest, busiest airports globally and a major hub for Lufthansa. As this was an international flight with many non EU passengers, there was no information given by Lufthansa from the start to finish. Athens saw 3 gate changes, no big deal, no information as which terminal arrival would be, which carousel baggage could be collected from or any ground staff to assist with the immigration maze. I’m not stupid, but today I felt completely lost at Frankfurt Airport. The scary part is somehow I made it out. I have no idea how I managed that as not one person could or would assist. Not good enough Lufthansa. And the part I’m not looking forward to is my departure from Frankfurt Airport next week. Heaven help me, as no person at that airport will! Unacceptable by any measure. At both Athens and Santorini airports they had Airport Ambassadors to assist, coming around asking! Come on Germany you need to do better.
AircraftA320 200
RouteAthens to Frankfurt

"Will not use anymore"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Tehran via Frankfurt. I booked our ticket with this airline and was hoping my longer leg which was from San Jose to Frankfurt to be upgraded to Premium which I bet for. I had an option to submit my credit card now or later, which I did. Usually they send you an email to confirm that you have been selected and charge your credit card. A day before my trip I was notified that did not win the upgrade to premium economy. But at the same time find out that I have been upgraded the shorter distance to business class for 2 seats for $1500. I was in state of shock and panicked since this was not in my agenda. Right away contacted Lufthansa Customer Service and after being on phone to get connected for 45 minutes, I requested this is a mistake and very nicely asked them to correct and credit back my money. The customer service agent was very rude and not helpful and said this is a done deal and he cannot do anything. He said I can go to ticket counter and see if they can do any thing. I did write few emails and showed my concern and requested correct of action. At the same time I approached the ticket counter in San Jose and the agent was very nice and after 45 minutes trying to connect to Lufthansa customer service, he apologized that could not get anywhere and asking me to try in Germany’s customer service ticket counter. I did the same thing and the rude agents in Germany by twisting my statement and putting 100 percent blame on me asked me to use the deal or lose everything (meaning lose your money and seats). I told them I preferred not to use the business portion since I can not do anything afterwards. She responded use it or lose it. So you see how I started my trip, with anxiety. After 3 month and 5 emails and phone calls finally I got a phone call from customer service telling me they can not do anything since I used the ticket and offered me $200. Can you believe these people. Anyway very unhappy with Lufthansa and their customer service and respond time. Will not use anymore.
RouteSan Jose to Tehran via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2018

"just empty middle seat"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Munich to Lamezia Terme return. Check in both in MUC and SUF was fast and friendly, although in SUF there is no possibility of on-line check in. There was no priority line on security control in MUC and business lounge was quite difficult to find and choice of food was not great. On airplane no real business class cabin, just empty middle seat. No pre-flight drink or newspapers. Breakfast was fine, however lunch on the back flight was not worth of the name. You also do not get a menu, so you do not know what you eat and also flight attendants do not have a clue. Some kind of mushroom was the answer. FA were in the line of duty, but did not go the extra mile. No in flight entertainment on a 2 hour flight. No business lounge in SUF airport. Luggage in MUC took ages and business class luggage came out on the very end.
RouteMunich to Lamezia Terme
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Flight was good"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Frankfurt. Starting from the business lounge Beirut lounge. The lounge is disgusting, not clean and old below any average. Flight was good. Normal seats standard A321 Lufthansa. Stewardesses were professional and nice. Food was ok. No entertainment flight, and internet as usual, no inflight internet connection.
RouteBeirut to Frankfurt