Lufthansa

"very service-minded, efficient and helpful"

Trip Verified | Despite some slight delays, Lufthansa really made sure to make the trip an enjoyable one overall. The cabin was very clean, the inflight entertainment system worked excellently (with a wide selection of movies), food/catering was great and tasty, the flight attendants very service-minded, efficient and helpful. The Premium economy seat was quite spacious (although a bit hard) and well worth its price. At least if you're my height (187 cm) and need some extra legroom in order to not cramp up completely. The only disadvantage on the long-haul Airbus-models is that you can't control the airflow above you like you can on the Boeing-aircrafts which is why I don't give this experience a perfect ten, combined with the poor Wifi-connectivity (which didn't affect me since I didn't need to use it). Another cool feature on Lufthansa's A340-360 aircrafts is the downstairs location of the lavatories for Premium-economy and economy classes. I just feel bad for the elderly who might have to walk down there on shaky legs.
AircraftA340-360
RouteStockholm to New York (JFK) via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"not the Lufthansa we're used to"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Booked tickets last minute Helsinki to Bucharest via Munich due to late confirmation of a conference and wanted to avoid Frankfurt Airport this time due to some delays as well as missed baggage earlier. How wrong we were! The flight HEL-MUC on a Sunday night was uneventful, however, LH seems to have severe catering problems from/to MUC and a small biscuit is not my idea of a five-star airline. There was a 15 min delay from HEL although we left on time and the plane parked at the furthest gate (K03) in the satellite terminal, which forced us to run like horses first to the train between the terminals, then to passport control and again to the furthest gate (H08) in the main terminal. We made it, but some connecting passengers didn't. Moreover, my spouse's luggage was left behind at MUC and we're still waiting for the bag at our Bucharest hotel although the agent told us the bag would to reach us by Monday afternoon. MUC-OTP is operated twice a day by LH. LH sells very tight connections through MUC (30-50 min between flights) which seems to be too optimistic. We are seasoned travelers on several airlines and understand operational challenges to cause problems every now and then. However, these two flights with minimal catering and a missed bag are not the Lufthansa we're used to through MUC.
AircraftA321 / A319
RouteHelsinki to Bucharest via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Overall not a bad flight"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Franfurt. Overall not a bad flight. Boarding at LAX was super easy using biometrics. All you have to do is have the machine scan your face and you're good! No boarding pass or passport. The airplane was extremely clean. My meals were somewhat disappointing and my breakfast was nearly untouchable. IFE was somewhat unresponsive. Movie selection was good. Crew was extremely nice and helpful.
RouteLos Angeles to Franfurt

"a pretty good flight"

Trip Verified | Munich to Los Angeles. Overall a pretty good flight! The ground crew was nothing to be noted of. Seat wasn't bad, but a bit short on room. IFE was nice and new and very responsive. The restrooms were downstairs, which was pretty cool and made them pretty large and comfortable. The crew Was nice, but they turned on all the lights to pass out ice cream, which woke some passengers, and seemed somewhat unnecessary. There were also snacks and water bottles in the back. Food, other than the ice cream, was untouchable, but luckily I wasn't hungry for this flight.
AircraftA340-600
RouteMunich to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2019

"forced to check our carry-on"

Trip Verified | Rome to Frankfurt. We were forced to check our carry-on luggage. We were told the flight was full. It was not. At least 15 free seats. Empty overhead bins. Same carry-on we have used for years. We will be forced to wait at or destination for an extra or to get our bags and clear customs. That was the point of carry-on only travel. To miss the hassle. When we hit on board there were bags larger than ours in the overhead bins.
RouteRome to Frankfurt

Lufthansa customer review

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Singapore via Munich. The A350 is a rather comfortable aircraft. However, service standards were below par, we asks if we could get second toothbrush and a male cabin crew said no. On our way home, the breakfast for our flight from Munich to Singapore, was a sandwich with a pack of yoghurt and biscuit. The sandwich was not even heated and was cold and hard. My journey towards Copenhagen on 10 Jan, came with hot breakfast. Why served a cold sandwich when the passengers aren't even flying budget?
RouteCopenhagen to Singapore via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"flight to Belgrade was a nightmare"

(Serbia)

Not Verified | Moscow to Belgrade via Munich with Lufthansa. The flight to Munich was fine - we arrived on time, not many people on the flight, overall it was okay. However, a flight to Belgrade was a nightmare. Flight was delayed for a half an hour and we had to emergency land in Vienna because of lack of fuel. We have arrived in Belgrade almost four hours later. After that, we claimed for refund because of +3 hour delay. I was rejected because of the "bad weather" in Belgrade. Also, flight to Moscow had delay for two and a half hours because of the weather in Munich (I have to be honest it rained a lot).
RouteMoscow to Belgrade via Munich
Date FlownJune 2019

"Very good service"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | London to Frankfurt. Very good flight with Lufthansa. Very good service, boarding and landing on time. I don't know why we travelled almost whole airport looking for proper gate, but finally we reached it.
RouteLondon to Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2019

"professional flight attendant service"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Warsaw. Less space than in A320. Flight delayed but we've been informed by the pilot what happened. Decent experience, professional flight attendant service, quite good sandwich, smooth flight and soft landing.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteFrankfurt to Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the execution was awful"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Amsterdam return via Frankfurt. Disappointing. Outbound flight was 90 minutes late. Once airborne, 4 of 8 lavatories available to Economy were "out of service" for the duration resulting in long lines, etc. Inflight service only fair, limited beverage selection, even for purchase. IFE okay. Of course seat width, pitch and hardness were awful. Love the plane, hate the configuration. No info pre-landing about connections or ground personnel to facilitate what became a tight connection due to delayed arrival. Return to Orlando, possible same aircraft. Problem this time was logistics of transfer in Frankfurt. Inbound flight from AMS late and then gate hold issue. Close connection quickly became a crisis. Ironically, I had hurt my back during trip so requested assistance in transfer. None was present on arrival in Frankfurt. Ground agent said gate change had messed up meeting. Arrived Terminal 1 gate 29, outbound Concourse Z gate 69 with 20 minutes to connect! Ground agent scolded me for making too tight connection. I said LH booked it that way, I am just the customer. Finally contract ground service arrived and two women loaded me into wheelchair and sprinted me through concourse, Passport Control, through tunnel, up elevator and then onto electric cart for high speed ride to Gate Z 69 which was at least a mile downrange, still. Made it just in time. If I had not had excellent help from ground personnel, would have definitely missed the one daily flight to Orlando. LH was non-responsive at best and spent more time trying to assign blame to me, than fix the problem. I always thought LH performed well, if somewhat sternly. This trip the execution was awful, about what I would expect on a discount carrier at best.
RouteOrlando to Amsterdam via Frankfurt