Lufthansa

"like to thank Lufthansa call centre staff"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I would like to thank Lufthansa call centre staff for their support despite many difficulties and my abysmal German. Even though I booked a flight with an unsupported connection through agents website, when my flight was cancelled due to snow, they allowed for it to be rebooked and add additional journey leg to it without charging the price of a whole new ticket. Thank you. Flight itself was also managed very well with boarding and alighting procedures managed very well and passenger behaviour well controlled. I never eat, drink or use entertainment on flights, so I didn't rate this option.
RouteGdansk to Riyadh via Frankfurt
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"they said we can’t upgrade"

Trip Verified | After 5 long phone calls with Lufthansa and United (who operated one part of the way) they both said they could not upgrade us and to call the other. They never said our ticket did not allow it. Then when we went to the desk before flight they said we can’t upgrade because of our ticket fare which is hilarious because we bought a round trip ticket on Lufthansa.com and on the way there we upgraded easily. On the previous flight there were no precautions being taken. Some without masks most of the time and the flights are packed. I will never fly with Lufthansa again.
RouteFrankfurt to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"baggage which I could not pay for online"

Trip Verified | I had extra baggage which I could not pay for online. The staff is over zealous about every item and weight check and the amount to pay is outrageous. I spent about 5hrs to check in. The trip from Canada to Nigeria at the Frankfurt to Lagos flight was very uncomfortable. The flight was full and the trip is so unbearable.
RouteLagos to Toronto via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2020

"The flights have never gone without problems"

Trip Verified | Flight more than 45 minutes late. The layover in Frankfurt was already very long (more than 4 hours), and there were no amenities or services on offer for connecting passengers. This is the 8th time I have flown with Lufthansa over the past year. The flights have never gone without problems. They have lost checked bags, cancelled flights, and not one flight has left on time. Today, the flight crew was unable to get to the airplane on time, which led to a significant delay. Very unpleasant, especially after a long day of flying. Things need to change quick.
AircraftA321neo
RouteFrankfurt to Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"allowed to board without masks"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. Passengers are allowed to board without masks. Unacceptable in Covid times and on a completely full flight. Flight late (as always) because we had to wait for a single passenger unable to get there on time. No consideration for connecting passengers.
AircraftA321neo
RouteParis to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2020

"needs to be 3 hours before the flight"

Trip Verified | The lane for self luggage drop off stop working on the airport. My suitcase and also suitcases from other people stayed on the line. Unfortunately nobody who could help! The lady working there sent us on “check in” for people with mobility problems. Waiting more than one hour thirty with luggage tag already pasted on it. Desperate to miss my flight, went to information center when the “very polite” woman told me first that she can’t do anything with my suitcase, that in time of Christmas are new rules: person needs to be 3 hours before the flight on airport (COVID-19 doesn’t matter) and she is the person that will rebook my flight when I miss it. And in her opinion was also ok to pass the check in lane and beg women on check in to take me in front even though more people were in my situation. Of course was my fault that I was on airport only 2 hours before, that machine stopped working and that they don’t have enough people working. I think that Lufthansa (considered being a little bit better company) should be ashamed of their costumer service on airport. Especially in a city as Munich that they have incredible number of flights. Better not find solution and make people desperate. They will rebook your flight!!
RouteMunich to Porto
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I had a feeling of safety during my journey"

Trip Verified | Flying Frankfurt-Athens return in October 2020 during Covid-19. I booked this flight with bonus miles as regular prices were high a few days before flight. Boarding in Frankfurt was super chaotic (typically LH) and massively delayed because gate agents checked the Greek PLF form before boarding which took ages. Boarding in Athens was in groups, but passengers shared the same bus after boarding. That doesn’t make sense. Flights were fully booked, FA's checked that passengers were wearing face masks. I had a feeling of safety during my journey. During the flight LH offered a sandwich and full bar service for free, but this era will end in 2021. Overall a good experience in these extraordinary times.
AircraftA320neo
RouteFrankfurt to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Business Experience is limited due to Corona"

Trip Verified | Smooth Check In. No Food and Drinks in the Lounge due to Corona Restrictions. Document Check and Boarding at the Gate Chaotic. Plane was fully booked and only 2 Agents. No separation between Eco and Business Class. On Board no Welcome Drink. Young and friendly female flight attendant, typical frozen Lufthansa style. After Departure one round of drinks, very cheap Champagne. Dinner with separate Appetizer and Main Course. First Choice of Food not available. No proactive offer of drinks, had to ask for. 1.5 hour before Landing very good breakfast, but again we had to ask for additional coffee for the breakfast. The flight was not bad at all, but the Business Experience is limited due to Corona. Service offers have been very cut back. But Drink and Food choice have nothing to do with corona limitations.
RouteFrankfurt to Malé
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Not worth paying the money for Lufthansa Premium Economy"

Not Verified | Male is a chaotic airport which is much too small for all the traffic and passengers. Boarding around 30 minutes delayed, in small groups and by bus. First row of Premium Economy, very good leg room at bulkhead. Older, experienced female flight attendant. No Welcome Drink, no amenity kits. Pillow on the seat. After departure one round of drinks are served together with the lunch (Chicken, one bread, Mini salad, and Mini Cake) which is more or less a joke for premium economy. No more drinks, no Spirits, no Digestive. After I asked the very friendly FA brought us one Glass of Cognac from the Business Class, it felt like she was ashamed of the Lufthansa Service shortcuts. After 5 hours one cookie and another drink round, 2 hours before arrival a very small low quality dinner, a vegetable Lasagne and one small bread. The Premium Economy Seat is really uncomfortable for such a long flight. Not worth paying the money for Lufthansa Premium Economy, the most uncomfortable seat I have had in a long time.
RouteMale to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I will never fly Lufthansa again"

Trip Verified | Over $3,000 saved over 2 years for this 14 day trip to Egypt. I had planned and packed carefully knowing I’m a woman going to a conservative, patriarchal country. Doesn’t matter, Lufthansa left our luggage in Frankfurt. I didn’t think too much of it to begin with because half of the time I travel international they lose my luggage. But normally they get it to us the following day or the day after at the latest. If we didn’t have 5 multilingual, wonderfully kind guides from our tour company constantly harassing Lufthansa and the airport carriers, I don’t think we’d ever see our luggage again. At first they told us to come in 2 days later before we flew from Cairo to Aswan and they’d have it for us to take with us (since they have the same flight coming in every day). It never was put on the plane. Then they tell us it will be sent to us in Aswan. We’re there for 2-3 days so they have time to get it to us before we get on our Nile Cruise. They never tried to send it to Aswan. Now we just heard we won’t get our luggage until we go back to the Cairo airport and retrieve it in person. Why? Because they honestly don’t care. They don’t think it’s their problem that we don’t have our luggage. Reminder that we’re not just in a foreign country, but in Egypt. We have a body guard assigned to us from the Egyptian government to escort us whenever we leave our hotels. “Go buy some essentials and we’ll refund you 50% of the cost.” First off, even refunding me 100% of the cost is not enough to even begin to cover this inconvenience. There’s clothes, snacks, and other items in my luggage that I bought specifically for this trip that I’ve now bought in vain because I will never use them. I saved up money, which is precious right now during the pandemic, to come here and enjoy myself! If my luggage was delivered to me in a timely fashion, I wouldn’t have been able to relax and enjoy myself rather than almost have a breakdown. I’ve gone through experiences while traveling that have been less than ideal to say the least. I can honestly say this is the first time I’ve ever experienced an airline that is this incompetent. I will never fly Lufthansa again.
RouteFrankfurt to Cairo