Lufthansa

"almost missed my connection"

Trip Verified | The return flight from London Heathrow to Frankfurt was delayed, the gate number changed and I almost missed my connection flight to Dubai. There was no one on the flight from London to Frankfurt who can offer advice about the connection flight. In Frankfurt airport I had to run around because there was no airport staff to give any information.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Frankfurt

"they don't really care"

Trip Verified | Krakow to Munich. You book an economy ticket to find out it was ECO LIGHT and realize you must pay for you bags and can't pick a seat until check-in etc. A day prior the airline sent me an email stating that they would not have food selections available on the flight either. Passing the blame to "lack of catering staff" I checked my beyond tough rollaboard. They destroyed my bag in transit. I had to file a report with a third party baggage office and have yet to get help from an actual rep without going out of my way to do so. After checkin my flight was delayed or super tight connections that have you changing terminals on the tightest of schedules. The pilots and flight attendants were extremely professional minus one captain actually announcing over the PA for passengers to hurry up or we would miss a slot time. As I sit here on a rolling delay on a short hop to Amsterdam I am just saddened at the whole experience, you feel that they don't really care.
RouteKrakow to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never fly Lufhansa any more"

Trip Verified | Lufthansa canceled my Frankfurt to Gdansk return flight. Once on route to Gdansk 2 days before and on the route back to Frankfurt 2 days before. In both cancels they just sent an email. And as I called back I had to wait more than 20 minutes on phone. This behaviour is not acceptable and I never fly Lufhansa any more.
RouteFrankfurt to Gdansk

"Extremely dishonest carrier"

Not Verified | Copenhagen to Bilbao via Frankfurt. For a company as big as Lufthansa, I must say I am baffled by the level of their incompetence and mischievousness. Flights being cancelled without warning or notification. Customer support laughing in your face instead of trying to help. Extremely dishonest carrier, stay away.
RouteCopenhagen to Bilbao
Date FlownJuly 2019

"seat was very comfortable"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Sofia. A couple a days ago I flew Lufthansa and the experience was not what I expected. The cabin was clean and the seat was very comfortable with a lot of legroom, the service though was Bad. When we took off the crew handed some sort of a small candy and that was it. Then when they came with the drinks they missed about 5 rows of seats so we had to call them. We got 2 cups of cola.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteFrankfurt to Sofia
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Food service was impressive"

(Chile)

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Sao Paulo with Lufthansa. Seat 85K was great. Seating in the upper deck was much better than main floor. It felt more private and was quieter. 85K had extra storage at window. Lie flat bed was comfortable. They give you a mattress cover, Duvet was really nice and also a sleeping jumper. Food service was impressive and delicious. Each course served separately. Flight Attendants were very professional and courteous and worked throughout the flight. There was a snack area in galley later in the flight. Overall the 12 hour flight was outstanding. Do not seat in row 84, where the flight attendants do their service from the exit row area. On the upper deck Seats A and K are best.
RouteFrankfurt to Sao Paulo
Date FlownJune 2019

"extremely pleasant crew"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Hanover on 05 July. 35 min, a drink and a piece of chocolate. This very short flight would not be worth mentioning if there hadn’t been this extremely pleasant crew. Personal, friendly and at times funny, they credibly conveyed the impression that they liked their job and that the passengers were really welcome guests on board.
RouteFrankfurt to Hanover

Lufthansa customer review

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Frankfurt. We flew in business class expecting the service at the right level. Unfortunately, a big disappointment, because Lufthansa as a business class service offers only a dry cookie and water. It's worse than a low-cost airline. We heard from the cabin crew that Lufthansa has a catering problem and apologises very much. At the same time, he explains how big they have problems and who is interested in it? I paid for a business service and I did not get anything. The cabin crew member also responds in a very coarse way that this is a business class service. An airline that wants to have 5* cannot offer something like that. It is downright scandalous. If there are no strikes, no delays, no catering right now. Does Lufthansa have any management? They are not able to manage the company. On the picture busines class catering in Lufthansa. | Lecieliśmy klasą business oczekując serwisu na właściwym poziomie. Niestety wielkie rozczarowanie, ponieważ Lufthansa jako serwis w klasie business oferuje tylko suche ciastko i wodę, To gorzej niż low-cost airline. Od personelu pokładowego usłyszeliśmy, że Lufthansa ma problem z cateringiem i bardzo przeprasza. Tłumaczy przy tym, jakie wielkie oni mają problemy A kogo to interesuje? ja zapłaciłem za serwis business i nie dostałem nic. Pan z personelu pokładowego również w bardzo ordynarny sposób odpowiada, że to jest serwis klasy business. Linia lotnicza, która chce mieć 5* nie może czegoś takiego oferować. To jest wręcz skandaliczne. Jak nie strajki, to opóźnienia, to teraz brak cateringu. Czy Lufthansa ma jakieś kierownictwo? Oni nie są w stanie zarządzać firmą. On the picture business class catering in Lufthansa
RouteWarsaw to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2019

"A truly special experience"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Frankfurt with Lufthansa. Very good and attentive service considering the short duration of the flight (less than 2 hours). But what really beat everything was the nice announcement of the Co-Pilot welcoming the Swiss guest on board while traversing the Alps. Although he originated from Berne whereas my roots are in Luzern, I very much appreciated the gesture and the friendly talk we had. A truly special experience.
RouteBarcelona to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2019

"Shockingly bad service"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Izmir via Munich. Flight ex Hamburg delayed by 2 hours. Missed my connection in Munich, new boarding passes via Cologne issued. Cologne to Izmir with budget carrier Eurowings, not even a glass of water served. Arrived Izmir 51/2 hours late. Luggage did not make it, Lost luggage report filed. That’s where the nightmare begun, and it’s still ongoing. LH refused to take responsibility and referred me to Eurowings, despite the fact the the suitcase was lost by LH and not by Eurowings, and that the ticket was issued by LH. I flew to capetown the next day, and it was impossible for me to call the Eurowings hotline as there was a loop of around an hour. Lost luggage agent in Izmir rude and unhelpful. I finally got and Email from Eurowings that my suitcase will be forwarded to South Africa, that was two days ago, never heard from them again, emails remain unanswered. I am waiting for my luggage for 5 days and no end of the drama in sight. Shockingly bad service by LH.
RouteHamburg to Izmir via Munich