Lufthansa

"seats in economy uncomfortable"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Bilbao to Singapore via Frankfurt. The intra-European flights are above average. Really well kept planes, good service on board and friendly cabin crew. The Frankfurt Singapore leg has the huge advantage from a passenger perspective to fly on the A380 but the seats in economy are really uncomfortable and the onboard service is a joke considering its a 13 hour flight.
AircraftA320 / A380
RouteBilbao to Singapore via Frankfurt
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not willing to postpone tickets"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Frankfurt booked for March 2020. Lufthansa is partner of expo Light and Building Frankfurt 2020. But after I bought tickets this exhibition was postponed because of coranavirus. Lufthansa is not willing to postpone tickets and only make cancelation with refunding only taxes.
RouteVienna to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Marvellous and friendly service"

Trip Verified | Miami to Frankfurt with Lufthansa. Marvellous and friendly service on board, very good food, less plastics, top inflight entertainment, comfortable seats. Modern aircraft, start and landing on time, 5 star-rating!
AircraftA340-300
RouteMiami to Frankfurt
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they canceled the flight"

(Austria)

Venice to Frankfurt. I was booked on a Lufthansa flight to Vienna via Frankfurt, the day before on the 6th of November they canceled the flight from Frankfurt to Vienna, leaving me with no information for hours. I started to call the Lufthansa customer service with no success, and I have proceeded to call the Austrian air. I ended up calling the Senator Lufthansa service, due to the status of my uncle, hoping to get some help from their side. After approx. 1h 30min on the phone I finally got connected to an English-speaking gentleman who apparently decided to help me. I´ve asked him what the solution would have been and he didn´t have any information regarding it, therefore as I had to go back to Vienna due to work business I asked him to rebook me to any flight within the star alliance airlines, and he mentioned just the possibility to fly via Brussels, although there was still a spare place via Zurich with SWISS. I received an Email confirmation with my flight to Belgium with Brussels airlines and proceeding with an Austrian Airlines flight to Vienna. I wanted to check- in online but on Brussels airlines it was not possible, but for the flight with AUA yes. I was a bit concerned, but I thought due to the strike this could have been normal. I arrived a bit earlier to the airport and at the check-in counter by giving them my documents their answer was “we don´t have any flight booked under your name” I was very furious as it was looking like there would have not been any solution to fly back on that day. I had to talk to other three people, until someone could have started helping me out for it, the only supervisor for five star alliance in an international airport… ridiculous, and neither from the airline but from the group S.A.V.E., company operating in Venice airport. They had to call several times, many Lufthansa desks until they told me they would have had to rebook me on a flight via Zurich (the one I´ve seen the day before, but which was never offered to me…) It was a kind of realizing news they gave me, although I was stuck at the airport for about 4 hours as it was way much earlier my scheduled flight to Brussels. I´ve asked for a small recognition or compensation as I would have been passing 4/5 hours in Venice, and they marked very much that as I asked, they gave me the lounge access, by doing “an enormous exception”
AircraftA320-200
RouteVenice to Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I´d fly again with Lufthansa"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Cape Town in January 23019 operated with an old A340-300. Very busy flight and fully booked, and our seat was the last one, or almost. For being 190 cm tall it was very spacious and clean. Took off and dinner was served with a very slow time due to the completely fully booked flight, but this would have not been an issue, if although being the last one the hostess would have not arrived by giving us the choice to choose between vegetarian or meat meals and ending his sentence by saying that he just had meat. The steward was very nice, because although we were not expecting while eating, he brought us some spare dishes from Premium economy, which was a nice touch to make it up to our satisfaction, which was worth to it. Short sleep and bright good morning over Namibia´s desert with a quiet tasty breakfast, after it we were shortly landing. A fact which I didn´t like t all that being right in front of the galley I was able to hear the whole conversations of the crew. IFE system was working very well and up to date. In overall I´d fly again with Lufthansa, as well because I´m a loyal member to since years.
AircraftA340-300
RouteFrankfurt to Cape Town
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"food served to me was horrible"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Frankfurt. The food served to me was horrible for both lunch and dinner, limited number of drinks. The crew were not nice to me. Fast but little chaotic embarking and a horrible connection in Frankfurt.
RouteSeoul to Frankfurt
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"53 mins delay on arrival"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Frankfurt. They let one passenger get off the plane just as we were about to depart because they felt unwell. This meant we sat on the runway for an hour despite the captain saying it would only cause a 10-15 minute delay. I had to sit with the seatbelt fastened for an hour after take off because of ‘bad turbulence’, even though there was almost no turbulence. The air hostesses were loud and shouted across passengers from one end of the plane to the other while we were waiting to be released from our seats. They don’t respond to the button which notifies them that a passenger requires their assistants. I must have pressed mine 20 times before someone came to help me. The cabin staff could not confirm whether or not we would land on time and no one said anything about the delay. I missed my connecting flight due to the 53 mins delay on arrival and had to sit in Frankfurt airport waiting for a new flight. My food was awful, my breakfast is near inedible and mostly consists of snack items. The inflight WiFi didn’t work. It never takes me to a page in which you can access the Internet. My entertainment screens didn’t work, you have to punch the screen to navigate the entertainment system. I can’t blame Lufthansa for children screaming, but I will say that it is ridiculous that we are living in 2020 and we don’t have the option of child-free seating areas. No one wants to sit near screaming infants. I will not fly with this airline again.
RouteSingapore to Frankfurt
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"cabin crew were extremely humble"

Not Verified | I booked the tickets long back in April for the vacation in December - February. After booking, I was very worried given some of the bad reviews in different forums about Lufthansa. But the reality was different, there was some delay in Paris airport with the boarding. But the travel from Paris to Frankfurt was smooth. I had a transit flight to Chennai within an hour. The staff were waiting for us to take us to the passport check and they were with us till we stepped into the flight. I was travelling with my 11 month old baby. They have provided a bassinet once the flight had taken off. The food was okay and we reached Chennai on time. Regarding the return flight from Chennai, it was completely smooth. The only problem that I found with Lufthansa is the seat comfort for the 10 hour flight. The cabin crew were extremely humble and I recommend Lufthansa.
RouteParis to Frankfurt via Chennai
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I recommend this carrier"

Trip Verified | Munich to Dublin. Great flight in a clean modern aircraft. Flight was on time and we were given food and a couple of glasses of wine. Cabin staff very attentive as usual. I recommend this carrier.
RouteMunich to Dublin

"Very nice flight"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Madrid. Very nice flight; friendly cabin personnel. Boarding procedure is new System (Boarding Groups). Captains flight remarks were quite OK.
RouteFrankfurt to Madrid