Lufthansa

"refused to refund the money"

Not Verified | Lufthansa chose to cancel my flights and then refused to refund the money for those flights. To make it worse, they only allow contact with call centres in South Asia, manned by people who have no means of communicating with Lufthansa. So essentially Lufthansa cannot be bothered by customers asking for their money to be returned for flights Lufthansa is not flying. How do they expect to survive in the future if they treat their customers this poorly?
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownMay 2020

"still didn’t receive my money"

(South Korea)

Not Verified | Canceled my flight on April 8th. 5 weeks later still didn’t receive my money. Was told at the beginning it will take 2-3 weeks max. After 3 weeks i was told it can take minimum 3 months. No contact from the airline before that.
RouteSeoul to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2020

"cant get my money refunded"

Trip Verified | I was due to fly in March but Lufthansa cancelled my booking the week before and to this day I cant get my money refunded. I keep emailing customer services and getting the same generic answer back. Very bad practice and would never use this company again.
RouteLondon to Munich

"Generally a very good flight2

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Munich to London. Generally a very good flight with Lufthansa but nothing extraordinary. Check in at Munich airport was smooth and without any queues, however the experience at the airport was not that good later on. The staff at Lufthansa business lounge, which I had a pleasure to try, was rude, abrupt and unhelpful. The boarding process on the other hand very well organised thanks to using the group boarding procedure. The flight was ok, on time and without any issues. The refreshments (salami sandwich, apple juice and water) were good quality and fresh and the cabin crew were also nice. The pilots didn't give any information on the flight, something I always appreciate in other airlines, such as BA. The one thing that deserves the praise is the aircraft - A320neo - very clean, quiet and designed with attention to details. The legroom in row 5 was amazing.
AircraftA320neo
RouteMunich to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the flight will be refunded"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Dubrovnik via Frankfurt. Lufthansa cancelled my flights 2 weeks ago and said to call the call centre for rebooking options, tried calling them for weeks no one picked the phone and so I clicked refund online and sent an email to their customer service team, they sent me a reply saying everything is normal and since I clicked refund, I don't qualify for a refund or rebooking when my flight is due in 5 days. It clearly even now shows that the flight is cancelled by Lufthansa on my bookings. I spent hours calling their customer service today again when they provided a different contact no, the 1st representative hung up on me and the 2nd simply put me on mute and waited for me to hang up saying that the flight will be refunded and an email would be sent confirming.
RouteToronto to Dubrovnik via Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"trying to call them multiple times"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Malta to Frankfurt. I called Lufthansa Malta customer care 8 times and no one wants to take the phone call. The generic Lufthansa email is not accepting any more emails. A process where the company decides to cancel the booking then I believe that an email informing about a refund is received rather than trying to call them myself multiple times and no email contact.
RouteMalta to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not accepting any animals in hold"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Our family was supposed to fly from Toronto to Budapest via Frankfurt with a dog in hold on March 20th,2020. While we were driving to the Toronto Pearson Airport a few hours before the departure, we received the following email from Lufthansa : "This email is to inform you that Lufthansa is currently not accepting any animals in hold at this time. As you are currently booked to travel with a dog, kindly make alternate arrangements or call our Reservations at 1-800-645-3880 We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you." Being 30 minutes from the airport, packed in a car with the kids, dog, luggages, dog cage, we called the given number. It was busy for 25 minutes than the Customer Service confirmed the fact that no dogs allowed in hold on Lufthansa planes from that day. They don’t look for an alternate solution for us and if we don’t fly without the dog (How could we? What should we do with the dog?), it is considered a no-show situation. At the airport the frustrated Lufthansa staff confirmed the same. So we stuck in Toronto, lost our tickets and may be the chance to get back home in this crazy times. I know that these days/weeks are extremely difficult for all of us but the way how Lufthansa left our family with confirmed tickets on an other continent showing no interest of finding any solution for us - this is very disappointing. As we were rejected by Lufthansa, we tried to find an other company to take us home. KLM made efforts to find the way to offer tickets to us with the dog as well. We are still waiting for the confirmation.
RouteToronto to Budapest via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Thank you to all of the staff"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Vancouver. Lufthansa is the best airline I have flown with. Their staff, food and all services in between were first-class and exceeded my expectations yet again. Thank you to all that made our rushed hectic journey from Germany to Vancouver a relaxing peaceful trip amidst all the crazy world chaos. Thank you to all of the staff for risking their lives to get us us back to our own counties safety. My heart appreciates every one of you.
RouteFrankfurt to Vancouver
Date FlownMarch 2020

"needed 24 hours in advance"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Los Angeles. I got recalled to the US due to COVID and was not given an option while changing flights to select meals. When I went up to the counter before the flight to ask if I could get a vegetarian meal plan, the lady at the counter said she needed 24 hours in advance. When I told her I booked the flight less than 24 hours ago, she said it didn’t matter. I cannot believe that for a 12 hour flight booked less than 24 hours in advance that there is no way to get meal accommodations. Her attitude was unacceptable.
RouteFrankfurt to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"after 35 calls I finally get to talk"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Amman via Frankfurt. I’ve been trying to contact them for three weeks to get a refund on a flight that I can no longer make because Jordan has banned all Italian citizens. Today after 35 calls I finally get to talk to the operator who tells me that he reimburses my ticket. Most of the time, no one answers the phone, and when someone answers, they don’t solve the problem.
RouteMilan to Amman via Frankfurt