Lufthansa

"very comfortable flight"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Munich. I booked Exit seat has endless legroom and it was great, flight was on time and arrived on time. Lufthansa service was great with lot of patient and friendly attitude. Lufthansa and Swiss are maybe the only airlines in Europe that offer even in short haul or medium haul flight - very comfortable flight with great service and very good food compare to airlines food, with variety of drinks and decent wine and decent amount of food and quality Its also pleasure to Fly from Munich airport which is real 5 star airport.
RouteTel Aviv to Munich

"service is good"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Munich. This is the 3rd time I went to Japan and the second I fly with Lufthansa. The service is good and the crew is kind and take care of you. Sometimes they ae a bit cold as German people could be. The new plane was really good and my seat was with enough place for legs. The pilot make us comfortable and try to avoid turbulences over Japan's sea. The connectivity must be improved and may be the wifi connection could have been included in the Lufthansa app and not in an other app. USB power for all seats. Meal are a bit too spicy for me but was tasting really good.
AircraftA350-900
RouteTokyo to Munich
Date FlownDecember 2018

"staff was very attentive"

Trip Verified | Boston to Frankfurt on a Boeing 747 business class on the upper deck. Intimate atmosphere there with 2-2 configuration. Fortunately not all seats are occupied and my neighbor seat remained empty. The cabin staff on this flight was very attentive. Professional service is to be excepted from Lufthansa but here it was more then that. I enjoyed the flight. I would never rate Lufthansa with full points due to the seat. They have to change this narrow thing with no sufficient storage possibilities.
RouteBoston to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2018

"just too expensive"

Trip Verified | Hanover to Barcelona via Frankfurt. Mixed experience. Even for the short flight HAJ-FRA snacks were handed out (before) and drinks (cold and hot) during the flight. FAs very friendly. For FRA-BCN the famous LH sandwiches were handed out (more than one if you asked) as well as drinks. Modern cabin all the time but little padding and zero IFE. No USB charger. I would expect more from LH. I had one more connecting flight with another airline and my luggage did not arrive at the final destination. I was told it was found in FRA and is on it's way to my location. Thus LH seemed to have left it behind for unknown reasons. I had to buy some stuff and LH refunded me without asking about bills. I would surely not book these two flights on LH because they are just too expensive.
RouteHanover to Barcelona via Frankfurt

"no consideration given"

Not Verified | Pula to Toronto via Frankfurt. The flight from Pula, Croatia was delayed and therefore we (group of 7) missed our connecting flight. Since I needed assistance for my husband (wheel-chair bound and 80 years old), we were separated from our group. While four of our travelling friends were offered dinner and breakfast vouchers, hotel accommodations and taxi chits to and from the hotel, my husband, myself and a friend who had followed us, slept in a corner of the hotel, no food, no hotel, no consideration given to age and special needs. I contacted Lufthansa twice! The first time they told me to send my complaint to Croatia Airlines, even though they have paid for our friends expenses. The second time I wrote they offered me 2 duty free vouchers for 50 euros on their flight. What makes them think I will travel with them again even though this is the airline we always used to get back home in Pula, Croatia! If you are elderly, and/or need assistance, think twice about flying Lufthansa!
RoutePula to Toronto via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"non refundable for nothing"

Trip Verified | Toulouse to Munich. It's been two times that I have problems with this company, but I have to take it from Toulouse to reach the airports of departure. This time, they forced me to buy a plane ticket out of the Thai territory, otherwise I could not get on board. They said that in Munich, the other company that would take me to Asia, would ask me for this ticket! When I told the other company, Qatar Airways, everyone laughed. However, I was forced to buy a ticket for 50 euros, non refundable for nothing! Last year, the plane was gone in advance, without me, by sending me an SMS without internet link so that I could help myself. They compensate me by wanting to offer me an SD card of 32gigas worth loyalty points! Shame on Lufthansa. I sincerely hope that other companies will take over from Toulouse, because we are prisoners with this company.
RouteToulouse to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2018

"inferior to Singapore Airlines"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Los Angeles. Rather disappointing and average business-class. The business class seats on the A380 are not very comfortable (very little privacy and very little place to store items or put your drinks etc). Food was poor and not enough (I was hungry after the flight). Service was friendly but could not overcome the deficiencies in the business-class product. I went to the Senator Lounge at FRA airport which is also average with no much choice for breakfast/food. The Lufthansa product is much inferior to Singapore Airlines, I would give Lufthansa a 3 star rating. They have a lot of work to improve their product.
RouteFrankfurt to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Overall a pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | A hassle free flight from Paris to Bogota via Frankfurt. Easy check-in at Paris CDG and connection at Frankfurt airport. The ground staff and cabin crew were nice on both legs of the journey. The seats are not the best, but comfortable enough, the in-flight entertainment system had lots of options to choose along with latest Hollywood movies. Food requires a little attention as there are lots of areas to improve. Overall a pleasant flight.
AircraftA321 / A340-600
Route Paris to Bogota via Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2018

"lot of standard scripted answers"

Trip Verified | London to Frankfurt in May 2018. Lufthansa has gone downhill for customer service. Don't bother phoning their contact centre or e-mailing for help. Feedback functionality seems to be down on the website. I got a lot of standard scripted answers but no help. Very disappointed.
RouteLondon to Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"staff were very nice"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Lisbon via Frankfurt. Lufthansa is good. But the flight from Tegel was slightly late and having a short transit time in Frankfurt I asked when were we landing and the answer I got was "I don't know". The flight attendant also told me he could ask, but it would be nice, in such circumstances, to already have such information as other passengers were asking as well. Anyway, the flight in Frankfurt was also late. Despite this, the staff were very nice, service was good. The aircraft were great too.
RouteBerlin to Lisbon via Frankfurt