Lufthansa

"back to reliable carriers"

Not Verified | Dublin to Krakow via Frankfurt. I risked a transfer from KLM to Lufthansa. It was a mistake. They change the rules after purchasing a ticket and all complaints remain unanswered. It looks like this: you bought a ticket, we change the rules and you have a problem, not us. What will you do for us? First and last time, never again. I'm coming back to proven and reliable carriers.
RouteDublin to Krakow via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2019

"wonderful care and hospitality"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Malpensa with Lufthansa. I wanted to thank the crew for their wonderful care and hospitality. My husband and I were away celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary, the crew presented us with a bottle of champagne. It is my experience, that people often write to complain about something, but do not bother when something quiet wonderful and completely unexpected happens. I just wanted to say thank you!
RouteFrankfurt to Malpensa
Date FlownAugust 2019

"booked three award tickets"

Trip Verified | In transit in Munich. Am Frequent Traveller with LH. I had booked three award tickets to go on vacation. I went with my wife and my son to the LH business lounge and was denied the possibility to buy access for my wife and my son because they have tickets issued by LOT. I argued that I did not book nor choose LOT as the Award tickets were issued by Lufthansa when I booked the awards. What a shame.
RouteKrakow to Palma via Munich
Date FlownAugust 2019

"did not get response for more than a month"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Rome via Frankfurt. First my seat broke in the middle of the flight and cant be repaired, I have to stay in half sitting, half laying down position the rest of the flight. Well this may be just my bad luck, but the thing really make me disappointed is the the customer service. We gave our coats to the flight attendant to hang in the closet during the flight. Both the flight attendant and we have forgotten the coats when deboarding. Later we visited the baggage claim desk and they said cant find it, I sent a request to the customer service and got a response with a case number, but did not get any response for more than a month while I keep sending email trying to get any status. Only until I sent an personal email to the CEO than I got a response which in no surprise that they no longer can find the coats. In 21st century the customer service should be on the mind of every major company, Lufthansa essentially has none.
RouteLos Angeles to Rome via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2019

"With catering LH touched new low"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Munich to Valencia. Outbound on A321, inbound on 320. Both planes new but with spartan equipment. No IFE, no overhead screen to follow the route. Security information done on old fashioned way by flight attendants. On outbound flight the seat recline did not work. Both flights over 30min late. With catering LH touched new low. 2hrs flight, 330€ for ticket without luggage and everything what the give to you is a chocolate cookie. A true 5 star airline. Well done Lufthansa.
RouteMunich to Valencia

"terrible in every way"

Not Verified | Casablanca to Frankfurt. The rudest crew I have ever encountered, but surely these people should be trained to service an international client base. No inflight entertainment, no pre-drinks service, uncomfortable seats, just terrible in every way.
RouteCasablanca to Frankfurt

"no hot meal served"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Malta. It’s not a 5 star airline on a 2 hour flight, no hot meal served in business class and not even a vegetarian option. What is that you not even get a business class seat just a blocked middle seat.
RouteFrankfurt to Malta
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"overall experience was very disappointing"

NotVerified | My flights with Lufthansa from London to Porto via Frankfurt were a disappointment. Lufthansa currently has a problem with its catering agents - it seems that very little food is available on short-haul flights in Europe. This downgrades the flying experience to something like that of a budget airline. On the short flight from LHR to FRA passengers were given one biscuit. On the second flight from FRA to OPO we were given a chocolate bar. That's it. That was the extent of the food service on the 2 Lufthansa flights totalling more than 4 hours. Additionally, a 10-minute thunderstorm in the Frankfurt are was converted into an arrival delay of almost one hour. There was little in the way of apology from Lufthansa. The cabin crew seemed pleasant and polite enough but the overall experience was very disappointing and not something I expected from an airline with the reputation of Lufthansa.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Porto via Frankfurt

"impeccable service"

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Frankfurt on Lufthansa in Business Class. I had a very positive experience sitting on the upper deck of the B747-400, which - due to its size had a rather private feel. The seats were arranged in a 2-2 configuration, all extending to a fully flat bed. I had read mixed reviews about the seats before. Even though there are business class products which provide more privacy, I found the seats comfortable and got a good night of sleep. The food was decent even though it is better in my experience if you fly out of Frankfurt. However, what really made my flight was the impeccable service. I would be happy to fly Lufthansa again.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Cabin crew friendly"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Amsterdam via Frankfurt. Again our flight to Frankfurt was delayed by 1 hour. Cabin crew friendly and seats were okay, however legroom on the a320 NEO is less then on the older A320's. Snack was again a small chocolate bar with a drink. Not really a 5 star experience, but okay.
RouteBudapest to Amsterdam via Frankfurt