LOT Polish Airlines

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

LHR-WAW-BEY BEY-WAW-GVA. They have discounts on Wednesdays because the flights are so quiet. LHR flight on a 767 belonging to LOT Charters - clean if a little tired. No one was in business class but it was economy class with the middle seat blocked. As there were so few people on the plane economy was the same and they let us all spread out - a row each. All other flights were comfortable new Embraer E170s with 2-2 layout. Beer and wine in economy although they keep it quiet and you have to ask. Cold food on all legs - sandwiches which were nice if simple and it might have been better for them to have served "breakfast" before landing rather than the meal after take off at 4:30am. Very friendly crew. The only downside is the complete lack of IFE which is fine for short haul but when you're flying to the Middle East that's 6-7 hours of flying. I would recommend them for short haul - not the choice for long haul.

(Luxembourg)

A bright sunny day from Bratislava to Poznan took 11 hours. Reasons given by LOT in Bratislava and Warsaw (including in writing):"technical reasons" (many LOT aircraft are antiquated which explains pervasive delays on domestic routes). Reason given by LOT head office: Weather reasons. Stranded passengers are not assisted and not informed about their rights. Alternative solutions are not offered. This is one of 3 bad experiences I had with LOT where at the end for a lower price you get cancellations and huge delays without any notice and LOT lying to you after a cumbersome and customer unfriendly complaint process.

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

Toronto- Warsaw return. Flying very old B767 filled to capacity seats worn out and no entertainment at all (broken down) - except moving map of flight. TV screens showing that we are on Zoom flight? Drinks for purchase - first time I see it on a transatlantic flight. Didn't buy the drink right away and when finally food tray arrived wine and beer were sold out. Food below average small portions. Service average little smile.

(Poland)

ZRH-WAW I was the only one in Business very attentive crew with a friendly attitude making sure I was ok. Food okay wine also - not perfect but okay. Lots of refills. Clean and comfortable E170. It was an M&M award ticket so cannot comment on value for money. The only problem was with arrival to Warsaw where the plane parked in the middle apron instead of the gate.

(Denmark)

Copenhagen - Hanoi via Warsaw and back. Nice Embraer on way to Warsaw no food. Delayed because of snow so quick transit in Warsaw. Very old B767 from Warsaw to Hanoi with only an overhead screen that plays movies on tape - not good at all. Food below average need to pay for beer/wine. No service between meals have to get up to get drinks. Noisy drunken passengers keeping us awake first half of the trip even though it was way past midnight. Quieter flight on the way home but manual boarding passes in Hanoi and needed to queue in Warsaw to get transit passes. Again snow delayed us over one hour but this time we were packed into an old 737 and told we had to wait for de-icing but the plane didn't move in 45 minutes didn't queue up for de-icing without telling us anything or serving any drinks. I would only fly this far again with LOT if they are more than £120 cheaper than alternative choices.

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

LHR–WAW–LHR B737-500 outbound and B737-400 inbound. These aircraft had been delivered to LOT in 1993/94 and I suspect the interiors are as they were when the aircraft left the factory. The seats had a dated and tired look about them - cushion of my seaton the inbound flight had collapsed into the seat-frame so that it was as if I was sitting in a bucket. Catering both ways comprised a quality filled roll with hot and cold drinks. The cabin service was efficient and professional but without much apparent joy on the part of cabin crew.

(Denmark)

CPH-WAW-HAN. ATR 170 first leg and Boeing 767-300 on second. Tickets at very reasonable price. Fastest connection CPH-HAN. Precise arrivals and departures. Airline not up to 4 star but provides good value for the money. Inaugural flight celebrations in airport in Hanoi and onboard for the new route. Customers provided with champagne souveners flowers. Food good though not perfect. Seats not flat no personal TV screen on biz-class. TV sets are portable and must be set up by staff on the serving trays which then become unavailable for other uses eg. meals laptop etc.

(Poland)

GDN-WAW-MXP return E170/175. Clean airplanes sandwich and drinks on way to MXP juice and refeshment on domestic flight. Staff friendly. Due to fog in GDN we couldn't land and had to fly back to Warsaw LOT organised a hotel food and transport and rebooked us for the nearest flight.

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

KRK-WAW on E175. KRK is a small local airport with not much facilities but check-in was OK. The flight is 45 mins but they manage to hand out drinks. Seats were good however given the age of the plane it looked a bit worn-out. Staff friendly.

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

Round trip ORD-WAW-KBP. I found B767 to be surprisingly spartan (no adjustable air vents over the seats in economy for example). The return trip was a disaster. KBP-WAW flight was delayed by 4 hours which meant I missed my connecting flight. I was put up in the Mariott adjacent to WAW which was nice but making the arrangements was a pain and should have been done for me when I got off the plane. I had to stand in 3 different lines for the better part of an hour to get the arrangements taken care of. The next morning I was put on a flight to Newark because the ORD flight was full and that flight was also delayed by 4 hours. When I became aware of the delay I talked to someone at the desk to ask if there were any open seats on the ORD flight that was boarding at that time. I was told that there were in fact some business class seats but upgrading would have required going to the ticket desk at the front of the airport. Nobody at the gate seemed to be authorized to do such a thing. In a situation where there are a dozen or more passengers like me who missed their flight to ORD the day before there's no excuse for any business class seats to be empty on the next flight to ORD. By the time I got to Newark there were no remaining flights out that night so I was handed another hotel voucher and got on an uneventful flight on American Airlines the next morning and arrived home 36 hours behind schedule. To the credit of LOT in Newark they had my voucher and rebooking ready but could do nothing more than just apologize. Why couldn't the people at WAW be this organized? It's LOT's main hub after all. I understand delays happen and missed connections happen but I think when you're handing someone their second straight hotel voucher perhaps you owe them more than just a ticket to get them the rest of the way home.