LOT Polish Airlines

"I was on an old aircraft"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Toronto. While my outbound was a pleasure aboard a 787, the same cannot be said for my return flight. This was supposed be a LOT flight when in fact I was on an aircraft operated by a Lithuanian carrier. Of the flight attendants, only a couple were from LOT with the balance from the Lithuanian airline. Generally, the service onboard was good. The food and beverages were supplied by LOT and were of average quality. My major complaint is that I was on an old aircraft. In fact, the plane was originally owned by China Airlines as was clear from the video monitors which showed our flight details in Chinese and English. The seats only reclined and were not lie-flat. This really affects my ability to sleep comfortably as I am over 6 feet tall. The crew never explained to us why we were not on a LOT plane. If I had been a Pole on the flight, I would have been quite upset as many announcements were made in English only and most of the FAs couldn't speak Polish. When one books a flight with an airline, one expects to be carried by that airline and not a substitute. I enjoying flying the 787 with its much improved air quality and LOT indicates that this aircraft is used on the Toronto-Warsaw route. So I wasn't pleased to be in a much older airplane. To sum up: "not as advertised".
RouteWarsaw to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I might have got lucky"

Trip Verified | London to Yerevan via Warsaw. One of the few airlines flying from London to Yerevan on the dates I needed & included booked luggage at no extra charge. My flight was delayed from London Heathrow, but thankfully not more than an hour, once on the flight I found out as both legs of my journey would be under 5 hours; there would be no in flight meals, unless purchased. It didn't necessarily bother me, it was nice that there was the option of complementary tea, coffee and water as well as a chocolate wafer, there were no screens either so no IFE & no USB or plug sockets to charge your device. The flights were about as basic as you can get, felt better than low budget carriers due to ample leg space, but only marginally in terms of ground service. Crews did their best. The connecting flight was already boarding by the time we landed in Warsaw, however other than the crew moving any urgent connecting passengers to the front of the plane there were no announcements or information about gate numbers, so after a frantic run we were able to check the boards and get to the gate on time, it seems that they were not going to wait, although they knew the London flight was landing behind schedule. The second flight to Yerevan was a bit of a relief as it was not delayed and baggage arrived fine, which is something I've heard and read is not a common occurrence for the route. I don't know if I would recommend the airline as I think I might have got lucky on this occasion.
RouteLondon to Yerevan via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"never ever choose this company"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Larnaca via Warsaw. Very upset on the company, 3h before my flight I get a call from a lady begging me to change the flight with another company because the connection one was fully booked, I am saying no because we had only 50 min in between the flights and that was very risky, In the end we accept and we take another flight. She said we will get a compensation of 200 € right away as a compensation. We take the other flight we almost missed the connection one, we start our holiday over stressed and exhausted. 3 months after we still didn't got our compensation, and I called them today just to hear that someone is on the case and I will hear from them in a few days, but nothing about when we will receive the compensation. So thank you Lot Airlines, we for sure never ever choose this company or recommend it.
RouteCopenhagen to Larnaca via Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2019

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Warsaw. This is by far the worst airline to go through. Terribly rude service, no wifi, old plane, food is horrible. On top of all that lost 3 luggages. Now I'm waiting for them to still find them and send them to me. Please take my advice if you can afford the +$100 difference with different airline like Swiss or Lufthansa do it, they are truly amazing to fly with.
RouteChicago to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worst airline I've ever flown"

(Slovakia)

Not Verified | Budapest to New York via Warsaw. The worst airline I've ever flown. I do highly not recommended this company. The ground service in Budapest was terribly unfriendly and arrogant staff. They cancel our flight 30 hours before departure from New York back home. The service is very poor.
RouteBudapest to New York via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"way below Singapore Airlines"

Not Verified | LOT Polish Airlines, Singapore to Warsaw in business class. Flight on time, seats were 2-2-2 in 787 Dreamliner. Flatbed. Food and drinks ok. Service: just ok, way below Singapore Airlines. I had to make my bed, spread the white sheet on seat by myself, that would never happen on Singapore, Thai etc. Will fly again only if price is significantly cheaper.
RouteSingapore to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I was able to sleep comfortably"

Not Verified | Toronto to Lviv via Warsaw. After reading all of the negative reviews of this airline, I wasn't expecting very good service, but that certainly was not the case. We has a short delay in Toronto but arrived at our destination on time. so that I could catch my connecting flight. The seating configuration is 2-2-2 and the seats are an ample width and fold down so they are completely flat for sleeping. We were provided with a blanket, pillow and sheet and I was able to sleep comfortably for about 5 hours on this night flight. Attendants provided excellent service and the food was nicely presented and quite good. They also offered a good selection of beverages. All in all, I would put LOT on par with the other major European carriers and Air Canada, but certainly below the Asian ones.
RouteToronto to Lviv via Warsaw

"almost always late"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Brussels. I like this airline except, for one thing, it is almost always late. I have missed more connections with LOT than all other airlines combined. You should always plan for this airline to be late and plan accordingly. They just can not get it together.
RouteWarsaw to Brussels

"tried to overcharge us"

Trip Verified | Lviv to Prague via Warsaw. It was the worst experience we had with an airline. Very rude from their team in Ukraine, they tried to overcharge us with their check-in luggage options with very unfriendly manners. Then on the second flight their team and one the managers were extremely rude forcing everyone to check in their carry on. !
RouteLviv to Prague via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Simply call it late airline"

Not Verified | İstanbul to Toronto via Warsaw. Simply call it late airline. I read lots of negative reviews about their delays and still made the mistake of buying my ticket from them. Also their old screens were not working. I recommend you pay a few dollars more and buy your ticket from another airline instead of this bad airline
Routeİstanbul to Toronto via Warsaw