LOT Polish Airlines

"worst trip I've ever endured"

Trip Verified | I've flown cross Atlantic plenty of times, but this was by the worst trip I've ever endured. We get on the plane, and it might as well be a Frontier (bargain flyer) plane. The seats are tiny and hard, not enough room for two grown adults to sit comfortably next to one another. I sat next to my dad and our arms were overlapping almost the entire time. If you're on the aisle you get a little more room, but in turn every single person walking by bumps into you. And the seats recline maybe one inch? I ended up contorting my body to get any sleep: kneeling on the floor, legs tucked under the seat in front of me and head on the seat. These are the conditions you'd expect from a 2 hour flight you got for super cheap, not a 9 hour flight you paid over $1000 for. Food was mediocre, even for a plane. Portions seemed smaller than ever, selection was pretty minimal. Oh, and of course the flights both ways were delayed. We missed our connecting flight in Warsaw and had to get rebooked, then on the flight back the plane was something like an hour and a half late to take off. The staff was fine, but they too weren't pleased with the accommodations. It was also ridiculously expensive. If you need to fly to Poland, do yourself a favor and fly to a major hub like London or Frankfort first, then book a RyanAir to Poland. Even with paying extra for luggage, it will still cost you less and the flight will be so much more enjoyable.
RouteKrakow to Chicago via Warsaw
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"This was my worst trip!"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Kraków to Chicago. Horrible horrible horrible. This was my worst trip! Expect much delays, end up on some old airplane, tighter than sardines. You pay 300-400 more for a premium airline to get some cruddy plane. On top of it 50 pieces of luggage left behind! It was a direct flight and they ran out of room. Choose a different airline and steer clear!
RouteKraków to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"This time was a mistake"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | New York to Warsaw. I chose polish airlines because last time I felt so comfy and impressed. This time was a mistake. They changed our plane from Boeing 787 to an old Air Belgium A340. Screen didn't even respond, no movies to watch actually. Stains on chair. One flight attendant was rude. I did not like it at all. Worst flight I've had... next time I will choose Delta&Air France.
RouteNew York to Warsaw
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"entitled to a partial refund"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Chicago via Warsaw. The WWarsaw to Chicago flight was delayed several hours because of an issue with the engines that had been delaying flights for days. The airline, despite knowing about the issue and the need to switch aircraft in advance, did not notify customers ahead of time. Flying business from WAW to ORD in their replacement aircraft, there were a number of things not working — the overhead reading lights did not work, the headphone jacks with the headsets provided, the touchscreens for the entertainment systems, etc. The delay information was communicated poorly and sporadically. I followed up with the airline on 28 December since the delay had been over three hours and I was entitled to a partial refund under EU law. I received a confirmation email on 8 January confirming that I was due this money and would receive it within four weeks. That time came and went. I followed up through the form on their website they direct you to, with their chat representatives on Facebook messenger (who gave me conflicting and sometimes inaccurate information about my claim status), and emailed an address those reps gave me via FB. It has been days and there is not a single response about the airline's failure to provide the required compensation within the guaranteed time frame.
RouteTel Aviv to Chicago via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2019

"LOT Polish Airlines lie to us"

Trip Verified | LOT Polish Airlines lie to us. Boeing 787 that supposed to fly, don't. Night before or even same day, we find out some other carrier will fly. I had purchased exit row seats on a round trip Warsaw to Chicago. Same day found out LOT took my seat they had rights according to what LOT rep told me. I was forced to purchase business class seat for $1000 one way. On the way back, night before, I was informed EuroAtlantic Airways will fly, plane from the hell. Very narrow uncomfy seats, everybody was complaining. One of the arm rests was pinching my hip, still have a bruise. Flight attendant offered me middle row seat, I took it, arm rest was in a normal position. Flight attendants mentioned to us, those seats are for a short flights, up to 2 hours. Our duration of flight was 10.5 hours, with additional one hour delay. Movies were from 1970's, Seat belts were dirty. I have been supported LOT for 35 years, but this was my last flight.
AircraftBoeing 767 300
RouteWarsaw to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"absolutely the worse airline"

Trip Verified | Newark to Warsaw. Avoid this company, absolutely the worse airline. 9 out of 10 times your flight will be canceled or delayed - speaking from my own experience and my friends. Unfortunately i had no other choice but to use LOT’s services as they are the only ones flying straight to Poland, and my mom due to health reasons (Time, distance to be walked etc) is not able to take layover flights, since they take way too big toll on her health. Todays departing; flight was of course, as expected; delayed over 4hours leaving from Newark. This completely ruined all the transportation arrangements we had made at our destination. Again do not use their services, they are by far the worse in class, I will be looking to obtain a refund for their terrible, not worth the money services. Use Lufthansa whenever possible, never had issues.
RouteNewark to Warsaw
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"missed my connecting flight"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Amsterdam via Warsaw. The plane from Beirut to Warsaw got delayed a little. So I missed my connecting flight from Warsaw to Amsterdam. Now I am sitting in Warsaw airport waiting for another five hours for another flight to take me to Amsterdam. Oh and they gave me a voucher for a free meal.
RouteBeirut to Amsterdam via Warsaw

"Food was very poor"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Singapore via Warsaw. I bought tickets under promotion. Tickets are cheap. Definitely they cut down on cost. Food was very poor. Rice with chicken was main dish. Rice with ham was as a supplement. Stewards did their job good.
RouteKiev to Singapore via Warsaw
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"a journey from hell"

Not Verified | Yerevan to London via Warsaw. We had a journey from hell. Our flight was delayed from Yerevan by over an hour, no explanation was given at the time. Upon arrival in Warsaw, there wasn't a single person to direct or support the passengers who were running around the airport trying to find out what to do next. The airline employees didn't seem to have a clue about anything, I was given free food vouchers and told that I can use them at any airport during my journey which turned out not to be true. The staff at the airport were incredibly rude and unfriendly, pushing passengers around and shouting at them. After I arrived in the UK, I contacted the airline at least 5 times and finally, I received their response after 4 months. They said the delay was due to a passenger becoming unwell on the flight to Yerevan, with no apology or acceptance of any responsibility for lack customer care at the Warsaw airport. This has been the worst airline I have ever travelled with, and wouldn't recommend it. Overall rating is 0, but sadly I can't pick that number.
RouteYerevan to London via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"steer clear of LOT Polish Airlines"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Skopje via Warsaw. Traveling a long haul flight I thought my kids will be the reason I will be exhausted, but they slept and were perfectly behaved both ways to and from Europe. On our way to Skopje the flight was delayed making us miss our connection and they had us have an additional connection (no one was willing to help or even show us where to go to figure everything out, I even asked one of the flight attendants where the transfer center was and he yelled at me: “Not on this airplane” in a condescending voice, while I just wanted to know if anyone would point us to it, since we were already late for our second flight) With kids it wasn’t easy, but the flights themselves were horror. The flight Chicago-Warsaw they brought the bassinet for my infant about 4 hours into the flight, so I was holding her the whole time everyone was eating, I asked for it many times and I was answered later they would give me food and bassinet and I was left hungry. I was never offered water, let alone food. Even while trying to put my carry on and my baby who just started getting up, fell on the floor and me trying to get one of the flight attendants to help (and I’m not saying I’m entitled to special treatment because I travel with children) they still ignored me. The highlight of the whole way to Skopje was Austrian airlines impromptu connection, they were amazing with me and the kids and very accommodating. On our way back to Chicago surprise, surprise the plane was late, yet again. The flight crew was as rude as ever. Some of the flight attendants that belonged to Belgium Airways were nice, but still, the LOT flight attendants looked as if it was a punishment to even be on that flight, as if someone was holding them against their will. I even asked one of the flight attendants if they would hold my infant daughter so I could go to the bathroom, which I was encouraged to do, before boarding, they promised as if they were incredibly kid friendly. Well, I was scolded as a child by a LOT flight attendant that they shouldn’t be doing this and they are not going to help me. He yelled at me as if I offended him. I asked very nicely if he would please or anyone on the flight crew if they were comfortable holding children help me out (one of the Belgium Airlines FA ladies did play and hold my daughter just prior in the flight, and the reason why I felt it would be ok to even ask for this). I am beyond baffled by my experience. Especially because I traveled with United before coming to Chicago and was treated with such dignity and respect, I expected to be treated the same. I honestly thought I never asked for any special treatment, but I literally received no treatment, no respect. The flight crew avoided me like the plague because I had children with me. If you are a family or just a person that feels like you have dignity, steer clear of LOT Polish Airlines.
RouteChicago to Skopje via Warsaw