LOT Polish Airlines

"Comfortable quick hop"

Trip Verified | Very pleased with ground and in-flight services. LOT staff checked me in and issued boarding passes for onward Aegean flights. Comfortable quick hop from Gdansk to Warsaw with complimentary drinks and snack.
RouteGdansk to Warsaw

"There was no leg room"

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv via Warsaw. I have a serious complaint about the Warsaw to Tel Aviv leg. The Boeing 737-800 seat map for business class shows a 2 x2 configuration which led me to believe it's a real business class seat. In fact, it's a 3x3 and the airline didn't even keep the middle seat empty. There was no leg room - configured like a charter plane. When complaining about this to Lot, I got atheanswer that as per the fine print, they can change planes.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2019

"could hear racist slurs"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Warsaw. Staff on the flight behaving as if it’s a punishment to work there. No smile, no attention, no involvement. Extremely cheap and poor food, be ready to eat something before you fly. Asked for an additional glass (!) of wine, the stewardess looked at me and completely ignored my request. Able to understand Polish, I could hear racist slurs from staff towards Indian passengers. Avoid at all cost.
RouteDelhi to Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2019

"left her alone at the luggage pick up"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Toronto. I ordered special assistance with wheelchair for 86 years old mother and she doesn't speak English. They left her alone at the luggage pick up section, didn't say nothing. My mother was left for 2 hours and assistant left her. It was such terrible time for my family waiting outside of Pearson pick up passengers. We were not allow to get in, we were asking all the airport staff about her, they just kept telling us to wait.
RouteWarsaw to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"airline is always delayed"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Beirut. The airline is always delayed. They never board on time and the flight does not take off on time. This is not my first time traveling with this airline and it is not the first time they delay us more than 45 mins while boarding and while taking off. This is very unprofessional and does not show any respect to people’s time. I will never recommend this airline to anyone
RouteWarsaw to Beirut

"Ground experience awful"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | Warsaw to Sofia. Ground experience was awful, lack of space in non-schengen part of departures, very slow boarding, bus to the airplane (remember, we are speaking about an airline where ticket for 2 hours flight costs at least 300 euro for economy class). Small airplane, but with high seats density, one of the two toilets has been blocked for business class passengers, but I have not seen any on a flight. Only basic drinks (coffee, tea and water) + small snack are offered.
AircraftE170
RouteWarsaw to Sofia
Date FlownDecember 2019

"don't care about their customers"

Trip Verified | They almost ruined our honeymoon. We were supposed to fly out from Vilnius to London City at 7AM, but after 1hr delay without any explanation they canceled the flight. Airline representative did not turn up at the gate for 20 minutes to collect the passengers. We managed to reschedule another flight to London Heathrow via Warsaw, where in the evening our onward flight to Bali was departing. Were supposed to arrive at LHR at 4PM, with 2.5 hours spare for check in. The flight from Warsaw was delayed again, for an hour. This did not leave enough time to change terminals. We tried, but still ultimately failed to fly out of Heathrow. Had to spend the night at the terminal, and buy new tickets to Bali, at our oen expense. So LOT had failed us twice on the same day. During our waiting time at Warsaw (over 4 hr long) we did not receive any food, drink or compensation. And now the important bit: They are NOT signed up to arbitration, unlike WizzAir or Ryanair, or any other major airline. That means the only way to get any compensation from them is if they agree, or if you go to court. We filed a claim - a month later a reply that the delay was caused by "an event like a bird strike" which under EU rules does not qualify for the compensation. This email was sent from a 'no reply' address, so there was no way to follow up and argue with them. They said if we wanted to reply, we would have to fill out a new form again and wait for a month. They basically don't care about their customers. Even though we arrived in our destination city many hours late, after one cancelation, diversion, and delay. No way to even talk to them. The only way is to take them to court, as they basically ignore any comms. By the way people - any time airline claims Bird Strike has happened - know that bird strikes are very rare, and all of them have to be registered with the CAA, so its easy to check they are lying. If they were signed up to arbitration, it would be an easy claim, but now our only option is to file a European small claim court case.
RouteVilnius to London City
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"crew was nice"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Krakow to Warsaw. It was another excellent and comfortable flight with LOT Polish Airlines. The crew was nice, and the plane was spacious and clean. No delays, everything on time. The airbridges during departure and arrival were provided. I see lots of negative comments here, but I have checked other airlines, and they also have similar comments. Well, most people, when getting some problem, then they are looking for commenting over the internet. Still, very rarely somebody satisfied writes anything about it, so do not worry and do not be afraid of LOT. Like any other airline, it has problems sometimes too.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteKrakow to Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Do not recommend at all"

Trip Verified | Do not recommend at all. I’m 6’1 and when sitting up straight, the seat finished where my neck started. This was from London to Warsaw, I’m hoping that the long leg of the flight is on a different plane.
RouteLondon to New Delhi via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2019

"always happens with LOT"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Kaunas. Our plane came back from the destination airport, the crew says there is was a technical problem with the aircraft. Why this always happens with LOT, I do not get it. And why you keep the shuttle bus for like 20 minutes with all people in there? What is the point, also some technical problem?
RouteWarsaw to Kaunas