LOT Polish Airlines

"an excellent combination of professionalism and sincerity, warmth"

Not Verified | I had a flight on January 10 2022, Vilnius - Warsaw - New York. Want to thank the nice team of flight attendants who assisted our side. It was an excellent combination of professionalism and sincerity, warmth. I'm sure the rest of big team share the same qualities. After Finnair cancelled a flight day before these wonderful ladies make my trip less tense. Big thanks to the young lady and the young man at the service desk who assisted me with my personal request at the departing gate and make my flight comfortable. I don't have high expectations for food on the plane - surprise - dinner was fresh and tasted nice.
RouteVilnius to Warsaw via New York
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever, the flight from Munich to Warsaw was average, nothing special, but the 'fun' started with the flight from Warsaw to Lviv. The flight was delayed by 1 hour and during that delay the gates were changed 3 times. We were behind schedule by about 1h30m when we finally took off, but it seemed that the captain decided to catch up a schedule and the flight took about 45m instead of 1h10m. The crew almost ran and pelted the passengers with snacks because they couldn't keep up.
RouteMunich to Lviv via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2021

"not very positive anymore on LOT"

Trip Verified | The flight from Amsterdam to Chisinau went very good no remarks. The return flight which was scheduled for 6th January 2022 gave lots of problems, When arriving (21 December 2021) at Chisinau airport I received an email from LOT that my return flight was cancelled and that I had to contact LOT. So I did and was invited to change the date of my return flight. I changed to 7th January 2022 same flight (LOT514) but I was unable to check-in online. I got the answer that LOT had no booking of me and my wife. So the flight to WAW is scheduled to leave at 2.35 PM today and I am still not sure that we have a seat on this flight. I tried for hours to contact LOT but to no avail. I really don't know wat to do. So we are stuck in Moldova for the moment and we are not very positive anymore on LOT Polish Airlines.
RouteAmsterdam to Chisinau via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2021

"It was my first and last time flying LOT"

Trip Verified | I am appalled by how poor the customer service was with this airline. Poor communication and attitude by staff. A few observations during my round trip travel from NY to Hamburg. Hardly any of the staff initiated a smile or smiled back - I did not once hear staff say “you’re welcome”. I consistently said “thank you” with each helpful interaction, and it’s lovely and polite to return with “you’re welcome” -staff looked inconvenienced when you asked for help - no communication on boarding process. People were crowding around the gate and when I did not follow the expectations on how to board (which was not communicated), the gate agent literally yelled at me in front of other passengers. It was embarrassing. It was my first and last time flying LOT. I would recommend paying more to fly with an airline that values customer service.
RouteHamburg to Newark via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Worst possible customer service"

Trip Verified | The worst company. Canceled the original flight. And then after I hot tested positive for Covid and was refused refund. Worst possible customer service, awful flight. The flight attendants are rude. The company employees are all incompetent.
RouteLos Angeles to Yerevan via Warsaw
Date FlownJune 2021

"Seat comfort excellent"

Trip Verified | Very good covid measurements. Seat comfort excellent, newer planes than western airlines. Food and drinks are reasonable. Approximately 50% fare savings in comparison with other airlines. The only issue is that Warsaw airport weather can cause delays: 1h delay on the second flight. The airport has a very well structured covid border control and easy transit.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteBucharest to Vilnius via Warsaw

"Very Good airline"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Very Good airline, professional cabin crew. Very good service and punctual. Excellent covid measurements .
AircraftDhc-8 400 Series
RoutePrague to Gdansk via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Will definitely fly them again"

Trip Verified | Much better than other airlines, especially western European ones. I was very worried reading skytrax reviews before flying LOT, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of service, flight, on-time arrival and overall experience. Amazing value for money that saves at least 50% comparable to other airlines fares. Price includes 2 carry-ons: regular cabin trolley and accessory which can even be a backpack. No weigh-in or measurement at the gate, extremely friendly ground service. On-board service similar to other airlines: free snack, water, coffee and tea. No free alcohol or soft drinks, so overall a much healthier choice. Staff are extremely polite and friendly, one of the best in Europe, I don't understand the unfair hate they get. Excellent covid measurements: sanitary wipes, disinfected seats, table and toilets. Smooth flight, excellent pilots. Planes are quite new compared to other airlines. Will definitely fly them again.
AircraftEmbraer 190/175
RouteAmsterdam to Bucharest via Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2021

"made me miss my connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Never again. They delayed our flight for an hour and a half. This made me miss my connecting flight by 15 minutes. Then we waited for another 30 minutes to deplane. Extremely poorly organized. The connecting flight left half empty. Now direct flight that was supposed to last 1.5 hrs, will have yet another layover and will last 6 hours. Warsaw airport matches their airline. Staff is very unprofessional in terms of never looking at customers and never apologizing to any of us. But before we even get to talk to staff, we waited in line for an hour while staff chatted with each other. It's not like they had 8 hours in flight time plus 1.5 hours deleted time to figure this all out You have a long way to go LOT.
RouteChicago to Belgrade via Warsaw

"guaranteed 100% disappointment"

(Romania)

Not Verified | This is by far the worst airline I have ever flown with. My first flight was severely delayed, and the second flight decided not to wait for the transit passengers. I managed to make it onto the second flight, my luggage did not. After repeatedly calling Lot to sort out my luggage, I was met with the most rude and disrespectful staff ever. Also, I had to pay an extra 180 USD to come pick up my own luggage at the airport after cancelled flights and severe delays. Food in business was mediocre at best, and staff is generally rude. Worst airline in existence, if you wish to have an experience from hell, by all means book this airline. You will be guaranteed 100% disappointment and your anger will be tested to its limit. Currently waiting at the airport to receive my luggage, jet lagged and about to pass out.
RouteBucharest to Newark via Warsaw