LOT Polish Airlines

"LOT Airlines is pure horror"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Tallinn. LOT Airlines is pure horror. 7 flights in the last year, out of which 6 delayed, 2 with technical problems, including a 6 hour delay in Kraków. By far Europe’s worst airlines. Avoid if you care to have a comfortable trip and safe flights.
RouteStockholm to Tallinn

"Dream flight"

Trip Verified | Budapest to London City with LOT Polish Airlines. Dream flight. Boarded quickly, less than half full, immaculate and really comfy aircraft, lovely crew, actually had nice food and drink. Landed on time, on DLR within 10 minutes of touch down. Cost the same as Ryanair from Stansted on the way out to Budapest.
AircraftE190
RouteBudapest to London City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Do not fly this airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Cluj via Warsaw. I purchased seat with bassinet for my baby. We bought seats row 10 forgot exactly the letter, but it showed that we had space for their bassinet against the wall, butthat was row 8. This is their reply email to my request for refund. Dear Ms **(not putting in my name)*, Thank you for your message regarding your travel on board of our flight LO2 on may 31st, 2019. We apologize for the time it took to review the case. We would like to inform you that the airplane which operated your flight was Boeing 787-9, where row 8 is the first in Economy Class. As per the General Rules of Carriage of passengers, the carrier reserves the right to change the type of aircraft as compared to the type indicated in the schedule. Please be aware that since you travelled in the row of your selection, unfortunately we find no grounds to offer reimbursement. Furthermore, the baby bassinets are designed for infants of up to 6 months and for safety reasons should not be used by older children. A free of charge reservation of the first row is available for passengers travelling with infants who meet the criteria. Despite your disappointment on this occasion, we hope your future travels will be satisfactory in ever respect. My baby was 5.5 months which I replied but they never got back to me. Do not fly this airline.
RouteChicago to Cluj via Warsaw
Date FlownMay 2019

"it became chaos"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to London. I recently flew Lot Polish Airlines and I am disappointed in what I experienced. I got to the airport, and my scheduled departure time was 13:30 (2:30 PM). I looked at the departure board at 13:25, and I saw it was delayed. I went and asked the gate agent what was happening, and she looked and me and grumpily snuffed that 'the plane is delayed. It will be exactly one hour. Goodbye' and walked away. She was true to her word, and 1 hour later we all boarded via jet bridge. We all got settled on the 737 that they fixed. We taxied to the runway. The engines were now at full throttle, and then we slowed down. We came to a stop on the runway and started moving back toward the terminal. We parked at a spot on the apron, and it was announced that we would have to deplane. After half an hour on the hot and stuffy plane, everyone crammed into 3 buses and were taken to the one and only bus gate at the airport. We were told that a replacement plane would be coming soon, and it did. 5 hours later. While we were waiting though, it became chaos. In fact, I even considered cancelling my hotel in London, England and just flying straight back to Toronto, Canada (There were 2 WAW-YYZ flights that night.) And then, just as I was about to cancel everything, they announced it would be bus boarding to a plane parked at a dark, empty terminal with no jet bridge connected to it, so we got through stirs at the front and back. After we all got on, everyone was quiet and upset. At least we got to get to London. With Warsaw Chopin Airport being the only hub for Poland's flagship carrier, I would've expected them to have spare planes ready for use in case of delays. They actually had to fly one in from Dubai to get to us. They started bringing it to us as soon a LOT reported to the crew in Dubai who had a spare plane to get that shipped as a passenger-less flight to Warsaw, and it was the ugliest, yellowest plane I've ever seen. Anyway, that's all for now. Don't Forget to Travel On!
RouteWarsaw to London
Date FlownJune 2019

"Highly not recommended"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Warsaw. Terrible airline. If you want to be late, fly LOT. Delays are constant, you cannot rely on connecting flights with them. If it`s not your only flight, or flight is not in the early morning, you almost can be sure, that something will be wrong. Flew numerous flights (20-25 flights) in last couple years, most of them were with delays. Cannot understand, how such airline is surviving in this tough market. Have been claiming to myself, that this is my last ever flight with them, but now I am sure. Had customers from Germany today, their flight was VNO-WAW-DUS. Guess what - first leg was cancelled. Absolute nightmare, not airline. Highly not recommended.
AircraftE90
RouteBucharest to Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I would fly them again"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Amsterdam via Warsaw. The aircraft was delayed and I was afraid to miss my connecting flight in Warsaw. However, boarding went fast and the crew managed to arrive 10 minutes before scheduled arrival time in Warsaw. I was surprised by the comfort of the seat and friendliness of cabin crew. On board a small sandwich, juice or coffee and a chocolate bar. The crew was professional. However, sometimes announcements were hard to understand due to the volume of the speakers. The legroom was fine, even being tall (195 cm). The airline has a good price/quality ratio on short haul flights. I would fly them again.
AircraftE190
RouteBudapest to Amsterdam via Warsaw

"seats were comfortable"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Nice and the crew was amazing. Legroom was good and seats were comfortable. During a flight a selection of complimentary beverages was available. I recieved a sweet bun with pudding which was delicious, and before landing a chocolate wafer.
AircraftERJ-195
RouteWarsaw to Nice
Date FlownOctober 2019

"desperate, tired and unhappy"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Poor old 737-800 really basic without any entertainment screen and basic things. Maintenance, cleaning was also poor in seats, tables and overall cabin. Team looks desperate, tired and unhappy for the flight. Food was really awful – beef with un eatable, cold and hard with something cold I couldn’t even identify
RouteWarsaw to Tel Aviv

"zero customer service"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Budapest to New York via Warsaw. Never flying with this airline again. The aircraft was old and in a very used condition. There is absolutely zero customer service mentality at this airline. I could not find the option to select a “special” meal (vegetarian) while purchasing the ticket or during online check-in. During my 10 hour flight I have been told that they can not provide me with a special meal unless I registered it beforehand. The comment of the flight attendant when I asked where was this option so I will not miss it for my return flight was “I’m sure it’s there” and pushed the trolley away from my seat. I might have made a small mistake, but the mentality and approaching this problem is definitely not neglecting the passenger and pushing the trolley away. Interestingly they have found an “extra” different kind of special meal (religious reasons) for the passenger behind me. This airline lacks customer service mentality so much they let their passenger starve on a 10-hour long journey.
RouteBudapest to New York via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I was on an old aircraft"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Toronto. While my outbound was a pleasure aboard a 787, the same cannot be said for my return flight. This was supposed be a LOT flight when in fact I was on an aircraft operated by a Lithuanian carrier. Of the flight attendants, only a couple were from LOT with the balance from the Lithuanian airline. Generally, the service onboard was good. The food and beverages were supplied by LOT and were of average quality. My major complaint is that I was on an old aircraft. In fact, the plane was originally owned by China Airlines as was clear from the video monitors which showed our flight details in Chinese and English. The seats only reclined and were not lie-flat. This really affects my ability to sleep comfortably as I am over 6 feet tall. The crew never explained to us why we were not on a LOT plane. If I had been a Pole on the flight, I would have been quite upset as many announcements were made in English only and most of the FAs couldn't speak Polish. When one books a flight with an airline, one expects to be carried by that airline and not a substitute. I enjoying flying the 787 with its much improved air quality and LOT indicates that this aircraft is used on the Toronto-Warsaw route. So I wasn't pleased to be in a much older airplane. To sum up: "not as advertised".
RouteWarsaw to Toronto