LOT Polish Airlines

"avoid at all cost"

Trip Verified | I am Polish while my wife is from outside of the EU. As my wife, she shares my right to travel to any EU country without a visa. We were flying to London just after xmas, when we arrived at the airport and tried to check in LOT told me that my wife will be refused entry to the plane because she needs a visa! I've tried educating them about the EEA law and that my wife doesn't need a visa to travel to the UK but they didn't want to listen. I was forced to book additional flights from UK to Spain in order to satisfy them that my wife will not leave the airport in the UK. Of course after arriving in the UK I've cancelled the Spain flight and went through British immigration without any issues. Horrible experience and avoid at all cost.
RouteWarsaw to London
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"a delightful journey"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | It was a delightful journey, comfortable, convenient — huge difference comparing with low-cost airlines. Cabin crew were also excellent and pleasant. Price of food and drinks was quite affordable and the quality of them is also alright. The only thing is the aircraft - a little bit of an old Embraer, and the cabin inside was already a little used up, and bus instead of airport sleeves but no more complaints. I would fly LOT again if any chance and I recommend it to other travelers.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteWarsaw to Oslo

"lacks any understanding"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Krakow. LOT lacks any understanding that they are operating in the service industry where their primary concern should be in how their staff engages with customers. I have the impression that this has remained in Soviet times. Not worthy of the star Alliance status.
RouteWarsaw to Krakow
Date FlownNovember 2018

"enough space to be comfortable"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Warsaw. Turboprop airplane. Legroom was a bit tight. No drinks on the flight but the flight attendants came with snacks. For a short flight, it was fine. WAW-LAX. The food was ok. On my flight to Warsaw (LAX-WAW) the food was excellent with rosemary potatoes and cheesecake. On the flight back to LAX, 2 meals were served. The first meal was stuffed cabbage which was actually pretty good. The second meal, which was Lasagna, was terrible. There were two carts set up in the rear, one with drinks (blackcurrant juice apple juice, orange juice, 7up pepsi, wine, etc) and snacks (candy, chocolate, peanuts, pretzels, ramen, etc.) High ceilings, quiet engines, nice aircraft (B787-8). Bathrooms were nice with a live flower, hand cream, and some pretty good smelling air freshener. Legroom was pretty good, considering I am 6'2. I had enough space to be comfortable but I was too tall to use the footrest. Entertainment was adequate, with some good movies and tv shows. IFE system was pretty fast and responsive. The crew didn't seem happy to do their jobs and their English abilities were limited. No Wifi. Overall the airline is good if you are traveling on a budget to Europe. I would only recommend it if it was much cheaper than the larger carriers in Europe (BA, Lufthansa, SAS, KLM, etc.)
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteBerlin Tegel to Los Angeles via Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2018

"airline become very unreliable"

Trip Verified | Poznan to Warsaw. I was a loyal customer for many years and I still like flying them, but this airline now has become very unreliable. Flights now are often late for airline-caused reasons and there simply are no replacement aircraft. If an aircraft is late in the morning, all following flights will be late as well. Makes them useless as a "network airline".
RoutePoznan to Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2018

"No more of this carrier"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Split to Gdansk via Warsaw. As a result of a computer error, I became the owner of two tickets for the same flight for the same person, I became a lady and a mister. Despite the two months’ time to departure, for Lot Airlines this is an impossible situation to correct. So one passenger has two tickets and nothing can be done, the payment was of course taken twice. The connecting flight from Warsaw to Gdańsk, the staff is not able to ensure getting to the plane, the solution is to buy a ticket for the next flight. Staff incompetent and rude. No more of this carrier.
RouteSplit to Gdansk via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Left and arrived on time"

Trip Verified | Great flight. Left and arrived on time and returned to LA landing an hour early. Food was good, service very friendly. I’m glad it got better, our summer trip wasn’t so good. More choices in entertainment would be nice. But for the price I’d give this flight 5 stars.
RouteGdansk to Warsaw

"no problems at all"

Not Verified | Third time on this route with LOT this year (London to Warsaw), and no problems at all. Brand new 787 MAX aircraft. Comfortable seats, nice crews, punctual flights, nice service. I will always opt for LOT when flying to Poland.
AircraftBoeing 737-MAX8
RouteLondon to Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Outdated airline"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to London via Warsaw. Pre-booked seats and vegetarian meals. At check-in in London I was given boarding passes without seat number and the team claimed the flight was ‘overbooked’. Went through security and when going to the gate, received a SMS without instructions, just a link to website, to inform me that my connecting flight Warsaw/Tokyo was canceled. The overwhelmed service desk rebooked me via Shanghai/China and the team claimed that this was the only possible route. It's quite dreadful to transit in China given that you need to apply for a visa, immigrate and check in again and go through security. When I enquired about a possible cancellation of the return flights since I was not boarding the London-Warsaw flight, the LOT service desk assured me that the return reservation would not be affected return flights fully confirmed. Instead of landing at 8:40, I arrived after 3pm the afternoon in Tokyo. I lost my pre-paid seats and didn’t get a vegetarian meal, my luggage didn’t arrive (arrived three days later). On my return flight I was told – surprise – that I wasn’t booked on the flight. The staff arebooked me but of course couldn’t give me the seats I paid for and again wasn’t given a vegetarian meal. They also make it extremely difficult to claim refund and compensation. Outdated airline.
RouteTokyo to London via Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Truly the worst experience"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Newark to Warsaw. Truly the worst experience of long distance travel in 30 years as a frequent flyer and Miles and More Senator card holder. Indeed, this was the 3rd totally unsatisfactory experience with LOT in 2 weeks. I treated myself to Premium Economy travel for a leisure trip to run the New York marathon. I expected to fly via Boeing 787. Instead LOT provided a very old Airbus in poor condition. Staff were rude and unhelpful. On both flights there was no functioning entertainment system in the cabin for 9-10 hour flights! The return flight was delayed for several hours without apology or explanation. I live in Poland and will avoid this carrier in favour of a professional airline like Lufthansa. LOT should not be run by the State and should be sold to a company that understands customer service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy