LOT Polish Airlines

"Flights on time, professional crew"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Due to no direct flights from BEY to ARN after the summer I ended up booking LOT for the second time and it turned out to be as good as the first time. Flights on time, professional crew, food plus hot beverages. Even though there was no IFE onboard and the connection in WAW can be a bit tricky with no clear transfer signs and additional security checkpoints (that always takes time), I still appreciate LOT being an airline with smaller airplanes so you skip the crowded chaos checking in at the airport and onboard the flight. The ticket was way more cheaper than all the other airlines.
AircraftE190
RouteBeirut to Stockholm via Warsaw

"everything looked low-budget"

Trip Verified | We had a rather horrible experience with LOT airlines. We had a transfer flight via Warsaw and this was the worst experience with the connecting flight I have ever had in my life. First, there was no specifically designated passage for transfer passengers at the airport. Second, we had to undergo the airport security check again. Seriously? For connecting flight passengers? That went well beyond a joke. To add insult to injury, there was a big queue and we had to rush like there is no tomorrow to get on board in time. The flight entertainment was non-existent so was the service from flight attendants. I started coughing because of my reflux and called for an attendant to ask for a glass of water. No one attended. Ten minutes later I had to catch one passing by and was told she was busy with something else and that someone else would attend me later. I gave up any hope after that. Luckily, I felt okay in the end. The seats were uncomfortable similar to the ones that low-budget airlines like RyanAir or EasyJet use. The choice of food was mediocre, just a tiny packet of peanuts and an apple tart. No hot drinks at all just still water! I mean come on, how much would it cost LOT to add up tea and/or coffee to their menus? Overall, everything looked low-budget and of inferior quality that shouldn't be the case as our tickets weren't the cheapest ones. I do not recommend LOT and will not travel with them. Never ever again!
RouteMoscow to London via Warsaw

"will go with LOT again"

Trip Verified | Very good journey from Warsaw to Dublin, ability to get a paper ticket for free from LOT check in office in Warsaw airport with very little queue. The plane was connected to gate via tunnel so it was more comfortable than the bus, we were welcomed by really friendly and nice staff that were really helpful during the flight. Free snacks and water provided, the seats were very comfortable, highly recommended and will go with LOT again.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteWarsaw to Dublin
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they would not refund me"

Trip Verified | My experience with LOT Polish Airline has been the worst experience I ever had with any company or service. The check-in agent mistakenly denied my boarding from Paris to Seoul through Warsaw because they were not competent enough to understand IATA regulation on country entry restrictions and argued that I would be refused upon arrival in Korea even if I was holding a valid visa and passport. Agents are likely not trained enough so they mixed up 'visa exemption' and 'visa' resulting in my boarding denial. Because of their mistake, I had to urgently buy another flight on the same day with Air France to arrive in Korea on time, and I was of course accepted, because I had all the documents necessary to be accepted. The agent did not refund me at the boarding desk, they asked me to go to the sales desk, where another agent told me that he would not refund me, asking me to make an online request for refund. I then received a call several hours later by an agent who told me they would not refund me because I did 'not show at the airport', after explaining my case the agent asked me to fill an online complaint and would get a response within 30 days (despite the fact that the law oblige the airline to refund and compensate you within 7 days). After waiting 30 days, they still refused to refund me telling me that the documents I showed did not allow me to fly, which was wrong because I got accepted by the Korean government to enter Korea (knowing that the reason of the denial was that my entry would be refused). I made an appeal, showing more evidence that I had the right to fly. They again did not take my evidence into account and repeated their position, which was against the law.
RouteParis to Seoul via Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2021

"should be shut down completely"

Not Verified | We had a flight from Warsaw to Chicago that was overbooked so they told us that we not allowed on the flight. They book us a new flight for the next day but refused to give us a check of 600euros that we are entitled to by the law. They dragged me, my husband and a year and a half old baby for 5 hours until they finally booked us with a hotel for a night. When we got to the Chicago airport the next day we were looking for our luggage and they kept lying to us for 2 hours. They have the rudest crew, nobody wants to listen to you they just keep talking as you are talking. My baby has a lot of food allergies and requires special food that I brought but just not enough because I didn’t expect to travel five days from Montenegro to Alaska because of how unprofessional and rude LOT airlines is. It’s a shame it exists and should be shut down completely.
RouteWarsaw to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2021

"customer service is horrible and offered no help"

Trip Verified | From the flight from Warsaw to Podgorica all five pieces of luggage were lost. Flight from Warsaw to Chicago was delayed two hours which led to missing a connecting flight to Detroit. The customer service is horrible and offered no help.
RoutePoland to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Very pleasantly surprised and highly recommend"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Both flights are bang on time. Check in staff in Paris competent and courteous. Boarding perfectly ordered on both flights. Planes tidy, legroom great. Crew courteous and know what they do. The even manage to serve small snack on every short flight (for free!). Didn’t use toilets, so no opinion on that. Didn’t check bags, but cabin allowance is quite generous. Very pleasantly surprised and highly recommend.
AircraftE195
RouteParis CDG to Kyiv via Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2021

"wasn't even a single bit of extra leg room"

Not Verified | Paid extra to book a seat in advance, because being over 2m I value every inch of leg room I can get. However, unlike specified during the booking procedure, there wasn't even a single bit of extra leg room. Same goes for return flight. I spent 50€ extra for nothing.
RouteDüsseldorf to Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2021

"LOT needs to do better"

Not Verified | Warsaw to New York. Service was good with friendly staff. However the food option was only limited to pork and pork alone, even the sandwiches towards the end of our flight were ham and cheese options. I find it extremely sad and inconsiderate that in today's day and age that an international airline does not have more than one option for a 7/8 hour flight. I am not saying there need to be 3/4 food options but having two options that accommodate all types of people is ideal; Not all people eat pork due to religious or personal choices, so to only have that one option is a lack of consideration for the population of those who don't. LOT needs to do better, offer at least two options especially when tickets are above $800 round trip per person, I'm sure they can invest in upgrading meal options.
RouteWarsaw to New York
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I was positively surprised"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | This was my first flight with LOT and I have to admit I was positively surprised. The plane is tidy, the crew is very professional and friendly. The flight was accurate. The crew were very friendly.
AircraftE-170