LOT Polish Airlines

"there was a good legroom"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Smooth flight, on time and big surprise was free refreshment for this less than hour local flight. Crew was nice. And there was a good legroom.
RouteOstrava to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I will never again fly LOT"

Not Verified | I purchased ticket to Toronto for October 2020. Firstly LOT Polish Airlines changed my itinerary twice and this was ok with LOT then I missed first leg flight (my fault, no taxi) from Poznan to Warsaw. I took a train as the second leg flight was 12 hours later but when I got there I had to pay 2850 PLN over and above the amount of 2100 PLN, just to reinstate my ticket. So, I end up paying 4950PLN. It looks that LOT is making sales by ripping people off. I queried that charge with LOT as it doesn't make sense to pay so much just for 10 min work reinstating my ticket, yet the plane was half empty. I will never again fly LOT. No customer service nor understanding especially during Covid-19.
RoutePoznan to Toronto via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2020

"asking when I will get my money back"

Trip Verified | My flight got cancelled by LOT Polish airlines on 24.06.20 and I requested full refund on 25.06.20. I got confirmation latter on Polish language! Which informed me that My request was accepted and I must be patient! I had been calling and asking when I will get my money back and never got answer. Be patient and because of CoVID 19 it’s can take up to 3 months! Today is 27.10.20. Tried to call couple of times, stayed on the line and then call been dropped! When I finally got to talk to someone and asked about the policy and Terms about REFUND I got the same answer “be patient, we don’t know any dates when you will get your money back! Then just hang up! So now I am going to ask the same question but just written on papir “when do I get my money back if I send request on it 25.06.20? What is your policy and Terms about refund?
RouteOslo to Kharkov via Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not been refunded 6 month later"

(Norway)

Not Verified | The service is terrible. Flight was cancelled due to Covid 19. Lot can off course not be blamed for this. However refund of tickets for flight in april 2020 has not been refunded 6 month later. It is not possible to get hold of them on phone and their reply on email is vague. They will not give me a specific timeline on when i can expect a refund. This is simply not good enough. I highly recommend people considering using LOT to chose other options if at all possible. Other airlines manage to arrange refund in less than half the time I have been waiting for my refund from LOT.
RouteOslo to Chisnau
Date FlownApril 2020

"Seats were clean and comfortable enough"

Trip Verified | We had originally booked to fly to Warsaw with another carrier. However, because of the pandemic, our original flights were cancelled so we rebooked with LOT. Having travelled with LOT before, this was not a problem. Our early morning departure was cancelled though, so we requested rebooking on LO282. It took a couple of days for LOT to confirm this but thankfully they did so. The original aircraft was supposed to be a B737-800 but this was later changed to an Embraer E175 probably due to the low passenger numbers. Online check in was straightforward. We arrived at the gate as soon as it was announced. Boarding was very quick and we were moved up from row 20 to row 8. Seats were clean and comfortable enough for this length of journey. Only a couple of changes compared to the previous LOT flights we have taken. First is the requirement to wear a mask throughout the flight (apart from when eating/drinking). Speaking of which, the onboard catering options have changed. In the past, economy passengers would get a chocolate and a choice of tea, coffee or water. Now, every passenger in economy was given a bottle of water, the choice between a savoury (spinach) or sweet (blueberry) roll, and a small bag of pretzels or nuts. Finally, every passenger was required to complete two forms for track and trace purposes. These were collected by the cabin crew prior to landing. The flight was smooth and we arrived in Warsaw slightly ahead of schedule.
AircraftEmbraer E175
RouteLondon Heathrow to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Refund request still not processed"

Not Verified | Flights cancelled by LOT in early June as London CIty Airport was closed due to Covid. Refund request still not processed, they advise patience ... mine has now worn thin. Can't get through on phone lines, can't get a refund or proper estimate when they might pay out. Never again !
RouteLondon City to Vilnius
Date FlownJune 2020

"really appreciated the on-board service"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I flew one way from Warszaw Chopin Airport to Gdańsk - short, domestic hop taking ca 40 minutes. The flight was on time, nevertheless the departure time had been changed - my original flight got probably canceled. In my case this was not a problem though. The cabin was a bit tight but comfy, pleasant and clean. I really appreciated the on-board service which happens rarely nowadays: the staff seemed to be enjoying their work, they were attentive and nice. Complimentary snacks and water were distributed - very nice accent. The inflight magazine was available as well. Unfortunately no jet-bridges used this time and the boarding a bit rash.
AircraftDash Q400
RouteWarsaw to Gdansk
Date FlownOctober 2020

"receive a refund after 2 months"

(Serbia)

Not Verified | A friend flew in March to New York in March and got stuck in New York because of Covid-19. She was to return in April. Getting to customer service was extremely easy at first but then it got to long waits to move our return ticket. After 5 tries and cancelations we had to change our flight with a different airline that allows travel back to Serbia because she is a cancer patient. When she got back we wrote to get the help with a refund for the second flight and got no help and even got emails in Polish. We did receive a refund after 2 months and we are now happy. Considering the circumstances I cannot blame the airline but we needed to get her back for treatment.
RouteNew York to Belgrade via Warsaw
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Customer service is so bad"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Poznan. Customer service is so bad and people working there are borderline incompetent! Firstly, it is impossible to reach them. Once you do, they are rude and give you partial information. Once I got on the plane I was also not greeted with a smile. Flights are not cheap, and I am 1000% more happy with everything that WizzAir offers than LOT for triple the price.
RouteAmsterdam to Poznan
Date FlownDecember 2019

"you pay extra £30 Admin fee"

Trip Verified | Don't use myTrip.com to book flights. It looks like they're playing games. Discrepancies between MyTrip and LOT. You end up receiving cancellations if not by MyTrip then the Airline etc. The worst part is that you pay extra £30 Admin fee each time your flight is cancelled, even if you purchase a flexible ticket.
RouteVilnius to London City