LOT Polish Airlines

"4 month wait for a refund"

Trip Verified | Tblisi to Chicago via Warsaw. I booked with this airline and 2 days later my reservation was cancelled (they were still accepting reservations). After contacting lot I was informed that there would be a 4 month wait for a refund. This seems more like a scam than anything else.
RouteTblisi to Chicago via Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2020

"very comfy flights"

Trip Verified | Both flights arrived ahead of time, very comfy flights on the wonderfully spacious ERJ170. Good service with a bottle a water, sandwich and a piece of chocolate on this 1hr flight; highly recommended
AircraftEmbraer ERJ 170
RouteHamburg to Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Very disappointed with the airline"

Not Verified | Avoid by any means! We have asked for a refund because our flight was cancelled more than a month ago and we haven’t got any response. Customer service can be contacted via phone only but noone picked up even though we tried 3x and waited for an hour on the line. Very disappointed with the airline.
RouteLondon City to Budapest
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Don’t buy from LOT Airlines"

Not Verified | For the past few months, I have had nothing but problems. There is no way to efficiently communicate with a representative because all lines are cut and no one answers any emails/messages. Many people are looking for refunds and rebooking, but instead of handling problems, LOT looks for new customers and attempts to sell new tickets (that will also be cancelled and not refunded). I have been trying for months at reaching LOT with no luck. I need to rebook the flight I paid for. Don’t buy from LOT Airlines. Also when flying with LOT, be prepared for horrible treatment. I had to fly from Warsaw to Chicago in April (beginning of COVID in Poland). I was stuffed into a small shuttle bus with approximately 50 other people of all ages. We had to sit in the bus for 20-30 minutes without any air circulation. Completely ridiculous and scary. The driver and employees ignored us. We were literally shoulder to shoulder. This shouldn’t be acceptable under any circumstances.
RouteWarsaw to Chicago
Date FlownApril 2020

"Stay away using them"

Trip Verified | I’m writing this review due to my flight was canceled due to COVID pandemic in March with a hope given that I will get my refund in 10-14 business day. My flight was around trip from Miami to Budapest. I never get an email or any type of communication from LOT airline and when I called each time on hold for 1-3 hrs just to tell me once picked up that “ wait patiently, we don’t know when refund send out and our supervisor doesn’t know anything different so She is not taking your call”. LOT airline rated by me -1 not even 0/10. Horrible communication skills and not trustworthy company. I would never fly with them. Stay away using them.
RouteMuami to Budapest via Warsaw
Date FlownApril 2020

"Service on board was good"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Toronto was on B787 to Toronto was nice and uneventful. Service on board was good flight attendants were very helpful, polite, and accommodating. The crew were speaking good English. I can't say anything negative about this flight as everything the airline did in my opinion was good.
RouteWarsaw to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"never book with them again"

Trip Verified | I purchased a flight to return home during the pandemic. I called less than 24 hours later and was told I would be given a refund asap. It has been almost 3 months. I’ve called LOT twice and have been told I have to wait. I cannot wait when there is an almost $900 charge on my credit card. It’s ruining my credit score and causing great anxiety. I will never book with them again as other airlines would have made better by now.
RouteWarsaw to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Complete failure as an airline"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Refunds for canceled flights take a long time. Managers barely answer in social networks. On the phone they hang up. No one can name at least the approximate terms of return. They say the same thing - wait. The administration responds selectively. Complete failure as an airline that is part of Star Alliance. I think that it is possible to use the services of LOT only as a last resort - if there are alternatives - I’d better use them.
RouteWarsaw to Nursultan
Date FlownMay 2020

"Terrible service"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Krakow with LOT Polish Airlines. Terrible service. Flight canceled due to Covid. Online form filled for refund. 2 months later, nothing. When contacting them, they just say "you must wait". The friends I would have met there all received their refunds in days from other airlines.
RouteBudapest to Krakow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"can’t describe how bad it was"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Colombo via Warsaw. I can’t describe how bad it was. I have flown countless of time in many business class cabins around the globe, but first time with Lot Polish long haul flight. From short leg, Zurich to Warsaw, and I didn’t expect much, but even for that short leg they come only to bring the food and to take food. That’s all. No smile, offer, kindness, asking me for some other drink. Long haul flight they bring food, take it, and during flight I barely could see them. Even when crew pass by, they intentionally ignore to see you. Any time they didn’t offer anything to passengers. You have to press the button and then someone with ‘what do you want’ face would come. And main meal - worst ever. Had some kind of beef that wasn’t eatable. Worst meal ever in any cabin class. I complain that this wasn’t good and I cannot eat, I asked for some other meal option and crew member offered me to check only if there any leftover in economy class. Can you believe? The crew was completely not interested in working and serving passengers. They just don’t want to care and obviously this was normal attitude to them. I would avoid them always!
RouteZurich to Colombo via Warsaw