LOT Polish Airlines

"service is very disappointing"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Disappointing service on a flight from Warsaw to Chicago. No option for vegetarians. I'm a member of the Miles & More program where I stated my preferences and still was told I had to pre-select a vegetarian option for each flight. Ok, forget dinner then. Come snack time I ask whether the sandwich is vegetarian and all I got was a shrug and a "I didn't check" response from the stewardess. Long flight, no meal then. These days a vegetarian option is a must on all respectable airlines so this service is very disappointing.
RouteWarsaw to Chicago
Date FlownOctober 2018

"longest flight ever"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Bucharest via Warsaw on August 31st. Flight was scheduled for 10:05 pm, reached the check in gate in time around 8:00 pm, two hours before departure. At the gate we were informed that the flight has three hours delay, our connection at Warsaw will be lost, and the next connection will be after seven waiting hours in the airport. That was unexpected and very inconvenient. We had to call and wake up our relatives (3:00 am in the morning at their end), not to wait for us at scheduled time, and make new arrangements for who to come and pick us up. So, after a total of ten waiting hours we reach the destination on September 2nd not on September 1st as it was scheduled. The longest flight ever. Return flight September 20th was not perfect either, we depart 45 minutes delay, which was recovered during the flight, but on the waiting ground there was no air conditioning, not allowed to adjust the window to make it dark and nobody mentioned why and for how long we are waiting.
RouteNew York to Bucharest via Warsaw

"a very rude attitude"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Copenhagen. The flight was delayed for 2 hours, when we talked with the guy at the gate, at the first announced time he told us, that we could go eat and come back at boarding time 19:30. My girlfriend and I sat down for a tea. I’m looking at the screen with departure times a couple of times, at 19:25 we are going to the gate which is announced on the screen. When we get to this gate, we are told that the gate was moved and closed, which we do not understand as the screens said something different and the guy at the gate as well told us “boarding starts at 19:30 at this gate” We ran to the other gate, where we were told that this gate was to Hamburg - at this point I got frustrated. We were told to go to the LOT counter. The guy we talked with here was very rude and didn’t seem like he wanted to help, after some minutes of discussion where he tried to tell us that we were dumb “don’t you know you have to go there 30 min before time” “don’t fall asleep” - I even told him that we were drinking tea and looking at the screens. All of a sudden other lady came to the counter, she had the same story and was also frustrated. It was at this point the LOT employees realised that something was wrong. The guy we talked with went into the back room to talk with whom I assume to be of a higher rank. He came out and unwillingly changed our flights but again with a very rude attitude. I am very shocked that this is how LOT treat their customers. To make it all even better our new flight is also delayed.
RouteWarsaw to Copenhagen

"service was good"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Gdańsk to Lviv via Warsaw. I find the branding of the company very well - nice uniforms, adverts, visual impressions. As for ultra short haul flghts the service was good. The staff was nice. A huge advantge is that this airline allows multi-city connections for good price. Outstanding very comfy seats both in Embraer and Dash Q400. Unfortunately LOT has problem with punctuality - my flight WAW-GDN was delayed 45 min, and I noticed that lots of flights too.
AircraftQ400 / E195
RouteGdańsk to Lviv via Warsaw

"positively surprised"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to New York. I was positively surprised by LOT. Flights on time, modern, well maintained aircraft, delicious catering by DO&CO, and professional and warm service by the crew.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteWarsaw to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I will not recommend LOT"

Trip Verified | Odessa to New York via Warsaw. On the flight to Warsaw I saw that the steward when I was sleeping put the snack on the table and did not wake me up. When I woke up the box was not sealed and it was not a full box. Food was missing from the box. From Warsaw to New York it was a "mess" in the Warsaw airport. The security checked us once. Then on second floor in airport in safe place they checked us again. After boarding when we started to go to the airplane they again checked us. Why were we checked again? In the airplane from Warsaw to New York I understand if you are not Polish they did not pay attention to you. They dont ask what food or drink you want. The steward was unpleasant to non Polish passengers. They took my blanket and pillow away form me. They did not give me back my pillow and blanket back. And why was there not normal security procedure which created much havoc and discomfort. I will not recommend LOT Polish to anyone.
RouteOdessa to New York via Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2018

"courteous and professional"

Trip Verified | Frequent strikes or strike threats at Air France made me switch to using LOT for my flights to Europe, this being my third trip this year (YYZ-WAW-VIE return CDG-WAW-YYZ). I found LOT's Premium Economy seats more comfortable than those on the AF planes, although passengers in the window seats may be blocked if the seats in front are moved backwards. The food was good, albeit rather heavy with lots of cold cuts. Nevertheless it was more plentiful than on AF and served on real china with real cutlery rather than plastic. In B787-9 there is access to toilets shared with business class, while in the older B787-8 one has to use the toilets at the far end of economy. I once succeeded in my upgrade bid to business and found it comfortable but basic with the 2-2-2 layout and lack of separation from the neighbour. I thought the food in Premium was actually better than in Business. Most of my flights departed slightly delayed but arrived on time or only a bit late. The crew on all flights was courteous and professional. The only negatives were (1) uncomfortable headphones, and (2) the fact that passengers pick up bread by hand from the basket.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteParis CDG to Toronto via Warsaw

"outstanding both ways"

Trip Verified | London to Singapore via Warsaw. Read so many bad things about LOT after booking at a bargain price, but the flight was outstanding both ways, service exceptional, food great. A bit mystified why a full meal at breakfast on the return was not dinner time in any time zone we passing through would rather muesli than prawn curry at 5am but was a great meal, loved the post-dinner shots best have slept on a flight maybe a link there. At Singapore behind the check-ins near where you enter departures there is a VIP check-in area which includes LOT, use the Singapore Lounge it far better than the one they recommend, I took the day layover in Warsaw and had a pleasant day around town only 20 mins on the metro.
RouteLondon to Singapore via Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2018

"worst airline we ever flew"

Not Verified | The worst airline we ever flew. We were supposed to fly on September 17 from Berlin to Los Angeles via Warsaw. Our flight from Warsaw to LAX was canceled. Nobody notified us. They lied that they sent us e-mail back in May. We paid extra for 2 seats in Exit row for extra leg room, they took that away from us, lied that they will put us in business class We lost a day in Warsaw, went trough 3 managers and 3 controls just to be lied again. We will never fly LOT again.
RouteBerlin to Lax via Warsaw

"a very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Avoid! On a 12-hour journey from Singapore to Warsaw there were no headphones/earphone provided, so if you didn't bring your own you're stuck. Food was the worst I've ever had on a long haul flight and I travelled a lot with different airlines, simply awful. The pillows were tiny (bring your own!). No 'nice touches' like other airlines offer during long flights (free snacks in between meals, passing through the cabin offering water etc). The crew seemed grumpy on both legs of my journey. Overall a very poor experience and I'd rather travel with a stop over in the future than choose LOT.
RouteSingapore to Warsaw