LOT Polish Airlines

"impossible to get hold of anyone"

Trip Verified | Within 15 hours after booking, I had to cancel (ie well within the 24 hour cancellation window). First of all, virtually impossible to get hold of anyone. Eventually tried Facebook Messenger, as recommended on th LOT website. Took almost an hour to cancel the ticket, after which I was informed that it would tale up to 47 working days to receive the refund. Never ever experienced a similar lack of service level. This was without any doubt the first and last time I considered flying with LOT.
RouteLos Angeles to Stockholm via Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2022

"better timewise compared to the train"

Trip Verified | I picked this as I needed to be in Warsaw early in the morning and this was the earlier flight of the day, way better timewise compared to the train and price wise I paid similar to the train ride with way less time spend to travel. We boarded the plane in the tunnel rather than the outdoor stairs which was good as it was very cold outside that morning. As I was asleep for most of the flight I missed out on the complimentary pastry and water but coming to landing as I woke up the cabin crew offered me the pastry and water which I took.
RouteWrocław to Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2022

"it was relatively cheap"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Most convenient connection between the two cities.As I needed to go from Bydgoszcz to Warsaw in certain time frame I found this connection to be more convenient than railway as it was way shorter but only small bit more expensive but for time concious people like me it was best connection between two towns. As Bydgoszcz is a small airport we boarded by stairs and had to walk only a small bit to the aircraft but weather was not bad so it was not an issue, again as on every LOT flight as we enter we get a sanitizing wipes, which was good. The flight was very short under 40 mins the cabin crew did a very good job providing complimentary pastry and cup of water. In my opinion one of the best LOT domestic connection as it was relatively cheap and the good service despite very short flight but makes it very fast journey between cities, would highly recommend anyone traveling between Bydgoszcz and Warsaw to consider this connection.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteBydgoszcz to Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Never had any troubles on LOT"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Another flight on LOT Polish Airlines, very pleasant experience from the start as I boarded plane via the tunnel rather than outside and through stairs which was good in the cold weather outside. When boarding we received the sanitizing wipes too. The seats were very comfortable as they had adjustable head rest as well as possibility of reclining seat a little. Mid flight we recieved a free sweet pastry and cup of water. I flown with them before multiple times and as always they very good, the flight was short enough under 1 hour on domestic flight so price wise too for this trip it was good deal and very fast trip from Warsaw to Gdańsk. Never had any troubles on LOT.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteWarsaw to Gdansk
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Worst experience with airline"

Trip Verified | This airline delayed my suitcase for 2 weeks and shuffled through my suitcase for personal items. After they return it 2 weeks later they don’t even bother to reimburse me for any cost to replace items that were missing. Beware traveling with this carrier as they will not reimburse you as any other airline does. Worst experience with airline
RouteTel Aviv to New York via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2022

"by far the worst long haul flight I've ever had"

(Israel)

Not Verified | I flew with LOT on a flight from Poland to South Korea. TLDR - Don't fly with them if you have better options. This was by far the worst long haul flight I've ever had. I'm vegetarian so I require a special meal on flights. Updating my meal preference using the 'Manage booking' section in LOT's website was not an option for some reason, so I contacted there customer service. I stressed that the veg meal is only for me and not for the partner traveling with me, but when I checked in the day of the flight I found out both of us got the veg meals and that it can't be changed (according to customer's service, they could only change all meals). Annoying but manageable. However during the flight I found out there was actually no meal for me and I had to eat some scraps they had onboard. In addition, the stewardesses were not very helpful and one of them was very rude and kept hitting everyone with the service cart as she walked the aisle. On the return flight, there were no vegetarian between meals options. While everyone had cup of noodles for free or the option of purchasing sandwiches, there was nothing vegetarian except for chips and chocolate. So basically I didn't eat anything for about 8 hours during the flight, except for some snacks. To top it all off, they have the most outdated entertainment system I saw on an airplane and they also control brightening and darkening of the windows so you can't really control it yourself from a certain point in the flight. I wanted to write this review on their Facebook page but they blocked this option. After experiencing several flights with them, I'm not surprised.
RouteSeoul, South Korea to Tel Aviv, Israel via Warsaw, Poland
Date FlownOctober 2022

"never dealt with such a bad airline"

Trip Verified | I have never dealt with such a bad airline. I boarded my flight to find out that my seat in business class is unserviceable, doesn’t recline or move at all from a bad position it was stuck in. How they can allow a passenger to board and travel a 8 hour night flight like this is beyond me. On all of the legs of my journey they have forgotten my dietary meals, they serve no vegetarian food, There is no internet on Lot flights either.
RouteNew Yook to Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2022

"didn't fill out the Air Sudhiva form"

Trip Verified | I purchased a round trip ticket from Los Angeles to New Delhi, India from LOT airlines via the Travelcation website. It only cost $685 for the trip. Paid an extra $200-$300 for some extra legroom seats. I took my pre travel PCR covid test, got all my documents in order and flew to Warsaw, Poland for my layover. When it was time to board for the flight to New Delhi, the flight crew wouldn't let me on the plane. They said i didn't fill out the Air Sudhiva form. I looked it up and it was just your standard "I'm vaccinated, here's the date i tested negative, here is where i will be staying etc." entry form. I didn't know it was required on top of the visa. I couldn't do it while waiting to board because the Indian Govt asked travelers to upload files in pdf format to their site. I could only take jpegs with my phone. My entire trip was canceled. Not rescheduled, not delayed. I stayed in a hotel, got my family to complete my Air Sudhiva Form and they bought me a new flight. It cost $700 for a one way trip to India. Warsaw Airport then asked me to retake a COVID test since 3 days had passed after my last PCR. I didn't have 3 days to wait again so i had to pay $200 for a rapid test. I did that too. I got on my flight, got to India and then paid $1000 a few weeks later just to get back to Los Angeles. I then started the arduous process of trying to get a refund for my canceled flights. LOT told me it wasn't their fault since i didn't buy the ticket from them. "Talk to the issuer of the ticket" was their reply. I talked to Travelcation and they said "we didn't cancel the ticket so you have to get a refund from LOT". Back and forth, until 4 months later LOT finally gave me a decision: "We looked into it, it's your fault you didn't fill out the form. Talk to the ticket issuer". I forwarded this to Travelcation, they said "we're trying to get your money back". They said this for more than a week. Travelcation then gave me back $201.91 from LOT and said "Thank you for choosing Travelcation". Stay away from Travelcation and stay away from LOT airlines.
RouteLos Angeles to Delhi via Warsaw
Date FlownMay 2022

"this airline is the worst experience I have ever had"

(Macedonia)

Not Verified | I paid for a round ticket around $810. From Skopje to Miami I had 16hr layover in Warsaw. For my return ticket, they kept changing the date and finally they canceled it. I asked for a refund and I got only $200 back. I have been trying to contact the airline and they have been unresponsive and are saying that they are not required to refund you the money. I recommend never choosing this company as they have the worst service and they cancel/delay their flight all the time. I have been flying for a long time and this airline is the worst experience I have ever had.
RouteSkopje to Miami
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Not a pleasant experience at all"

Trip Verified | My 14 years old daughter was traveling from Poland to USA in August of 2022. She had economy ticket purchased at least 6 months in advance. Child arrived at the Chopin airport 4 hours prior to her flight departing and was told that she has a stand by ticket and she doesn’t have a guaranteed seat on the plane. Long story short flight was overbooked and agents used easy targets such as my daughter who is a minor, and to that polite one, and wouldn’t stand up for herself or doesn’t quite know her rights. After numerous phone calls to the airlines they did put her on the flight right before it had taken off. Not a pleasant experience at all. Lots of stress - unnecessary stress. 3 months later after numerous complaints of wrong doing, we have gotten an apology. Avoid at all cost, spend your money else where !
RouteWarsaw to New York