Loganair

"possibly the best ever"

Trip Verified | Flew Edinburgh to Stornaway on Fri 25th June. Flight no LM0343 at 12:10 hrs. The cabin stewardess (possibly called Jenna) was possibly the best ever. Her attention to the passengers and general persona was fantastic. Whatever Loganair are paying her, its not enough!
RouteEdinburgh to Stornaway
Date FlownJune 2021

"definitely be flying again with you"

Trip Verified | I recently used Loganair and had the best experience flying with my daughter for her first time. The staff were very friendly and Matthew on board was amazing to me and my daughter, very friendly, he was a big part in my experience made it so easy for us and was so good with my daughter making her smile and laugh I couldn’t thank him enough! We also met the pilots who were very friendly and made us laugh and at ease with us both. Just want to say once again a massive thank you to everyone at Loganair, will definitely be flying again with you!
RouteNewquay to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2021

"moved our flight to the following day"

Not Verified | Has this airline ever ran a flight at the date/time that it is supposed to? Me and a my partner had a flight booked to Exeter and my girlfriend also had a flight book for a return 2 days later. A few weeks later, Loganair called and informed her that the return flight had been cancelled, so she had to rebook with another company. On the date of me writing this review, the flight is supposed to be leaving but upon checking the flight status I have found out that they moved our flight to the following day without informing us. Turns out because someone had phoned my partner to confirm the return cancellation, they left a note on the system saying that they had already contacted us so they never informed us of the change in date for the flight there. To sum up, we have had two flights booked with this company, one cancelled, one moved date. That cannot be just bad luck. We will be asking for a refund, as well as compensation for the flight booked that we no longer require due to their incompetence.
RouteManchester to Exeter
Date FlownJune 2021

"How unhelpful this small (and small minded) company is"

Not Verified | We booked a trip to Edinburgh with Loganair last January, sadly all the events etc were subsequently cancelled due to Covid, we had no option other than to cancel our flights - Loganair would not offer us a refund only a credit note valid until August 2021. (Interesting that all the attractions we had planned to visit issued refunds immediately). Recently contacted Loganair to clarify the position re our credit note, it is difficult to plan ahead with so much turmoil and uncertainty. Loganair will not extend the time period for the validity of their voucher! How unhelpful this small (and small minded) company is.
RouteBournemouth to Edinburgh
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Loganair refuses to refund me the money"

Trip Verified | This airline is engaged in unethical behavior. The Loganair flight I booked was canceled by Loganair. Loganair refuses to refund me the money I paid for the booking. Do not book a flight on Loganair under any conditions
RouteGlasgow to Barra
Date FlownMarch 2020

"This was a great surprise"

Not Verified | This was a great surprise as we have never flown Loganair before and expected a noisy prop jet, instead we had a small jet both ways. The ground staff were amazing as I requested a wheelchair for my husband at the last moment and they looked after him really well. It was a lovely smooth flight both ways and it took around an hour to reach our destination. We hope they continue to stay flying from Southampton as this is the best flight on that route we have ever had. I would certainly recommend the airline.
RouteSouthampton to Edinburgh
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"heard nothing from Loganair"

Not Verified | I booked & paid fully for a return flight from Glasgow to Donegal for 22 May 20 returning on 25th May'20 On 16th March I received an email from Loganair informing me that my flight was being rerouted to Derry instead of Donegal. As this was unsuitable I requested a refund & on 18th March they agreed to & said it would take 28 days to process. However when I contacted them again in May as I still hadn't received the refund I was told it would take 60-90 days to process. It still hasn't been processed & I've heard nothing from Loganair.
RouteGlasgow to Donegal
Date FlownMay 2020

"they would not give me a refund"

Not Verified | I was supposed to be flying from Glasgow to Stornaway today with another 8 family members, we were going to a family wedding on the Isle of Harris. Due to Corona virus the wedding, hotel and flight were cancelled. When i tried to get a refund from Loganair they would not give me a refund only the offer of flights valid for 1 year? With people's commitments it would be very difficult to get together again with work and other commitments, they are just saying you can go when ever you wish the whole point was to go together for this great occasion? Absolutely sick about the outcome and the expense.
RouteGlasgow to Stornaway
Date FlownApril 2020

"No alcohol is permitted"

Trip Verified | A good commuter service serving Derry in Northern Ireland to Southend. This recently changed from Stansted on this route but there is a minimal time difference on reaching central London by train or car. The airline has the benefit of an included service to allow you an optional free airport check in, advance seat allocation and an included baggage allowance. Pre-booking a seat, you may have reassigned due to the number of passengers and pay-load. The check in staff and cabin crew are all friendly and professional. There is a basic beverage service on board accompanied by a biscuit/snack. I asked for some water and was presented with a small cup with a peel off lid. This is rarely offered by most airlines and is a good positive for the airline. Perhaps a complimentary newspaper could be an addition at the gate! But overall the seats are good flights are good and the interior well maintained. I signed up for the Clan Loganair loyalty programme and was sent a Hogmanay voucher over the New Year period. Having booked several flights with them I was disappointed they did not honour the voucher when I tried to redeem it. I wrote a letter of complaint and they explained they would not honour this one off voucher. They accepted it was valid and in date but would not process this as the booking was already made. I have though booked other flights with them since as the airline crew make up for the poor commitment and response I received from the marketing and customer service team. My only negative comment is for a 90 minute flight it would be nice to have a glass of wine or a Beer on board as No alcohol is permitted. In this day and age this would not be too much to ask.
AircraftEmbraer 145
RouteSouthend to Derry
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Loganair is an excellent option"

Trip Verified | The fastest, stress-free, beautiful way to travel to the Queen of the Hebrides - the island of Islay, famous for its single malt peat smoked whiskies! Loganair operates out of Glasgow airport to this remote location several times a day. The Saab 340 has 34 seats and has two propellers. The seat was comfortable. The plane was only half full. The flight attendant moved passengers around the the cabin to ensure "balance". It felt quaint and reminded me of the many Saab 340 flights I had taken from Detroit to Marquette (MQT) on Northwest Airlines (before Delta once it acquired Northwest retired them and replaced with CRJs). The actual flight time was less than 30 minutes and the views of the country side, the indented coastlines, and the landing over the waters were a pleasure to behold. The sole flight attendant ensured that safety rules were communicated and followed. She was dressed in the red and black tartan uniform, the colors of this Scotland based airliner. No food or drink service on this wee plane on this short flight. Given the limited space in the cabin, even carry on bags, had to be checked in. No charge. Check in at the Glasgow and Islay airports (for the return) were smooth and went off without a glitch. The alternate to the flights would have been a very long and ardous car/bus drive followed by a ferry crossing lasting for another at least over a couple of hours. The Loganair is an excellent option to ensure you can spend more time on the island. It was an enjoyable flying experience, especially since, at least at Islay, you can arrive at the airport only minutes before the flight takes off.
AircraftSaab 340