Lion Air

"very rude and impatient"

(Georgia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. The people at the check in counter made it very difficult to check in our baggage. They were very rude and impatient. While we check in, the next counter employee join in to gang up on us while we repack our baggage. Really wish even budget airplanes treat their passengers with respect and care.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"poor and not really acceptable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bali to Surabaya via Lombok. Lion air first duplicated my family’s boarding passes. The flight was overbooked. They then allowed me off the plane to query why and immediately locked the doors behind me. My understanding is that as an air safety rule planes are not allowed to leave with baggage without the passengers. Lion air was not concerned. Half an hour later I was still waiting for someone to advise me as to what my next steps are. It was suggested that I buy more tickets. This is really poor and not really acceptable.
RouteBali to Surabaya via Lombok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Avoid at all cost"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Semarang. Probably one of the worst airline in the World. Delay has become a bad habit and they keep announcing delays without ever giving you the right information. Instead of being able to go to a restaurant, they make you wait announcing that you will fly in the next 20 minutes. 2 hours later you are still waiting. You are left with no food or drink that they should legally provide. Add prohibitive luggage fee (I’m not talking about excess) and you could fly a decent airline for the same price. Avoid at all cost.
AircraftATR 72
RouteDenpasar to Semarang
Date FlownDecember 2019

"decent selection of drinks and food"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Jayapura with Lion Air. Flight left and arrived on time. Managed to score one of the rows of empty seats at the back, good for sleeping on this overnight flight. A decent selection of drinks and food were sold on borad, unusual for Lion!
RouteJakarta to Jayapura
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Polite crew"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. Plane was clean, cool and half empty. I could stretch out on a whole line of empty seats. Polite crew. No meals served or sold on board as usual with Lion Air.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Would recommend Lion Air to anyone"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Surabaya. I have been reading a lot of negative reviews but I booked my flight 2 days prior to flying. It was the cheapest option as budget airlines should be. On the day of the flight the flight was 2 hours delayed. They gave every passenger a meal for the inconvenience and then kept apologizing which I think went above and beyond. Would recommend Lion Air to anyone.
RouteDenpasar to Surabaya
Date FlownOctober 2019

"uncomfortable, no service"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | I have at least 4 flights with Lion Air per month. Staff friendly, no complaints yet. Seats narrow, less legroom, for tall people a torture. No meals included, no baggage included. Additional baggage quite expensive, outrageous. The baggage fee can exceed the flight price. In all a cheap airline, uncomfortable, no service, baggage cheating by asking for high fees. No WiFi, no entertainment.
RouteDenpasar to Lombok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"it suits with the price"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Jakarta. Lion Air is better now, even they still have no free baggage but it suits with the price. The ground staff was very helpful, they print out my boarding pass and gave me front seat. The cabin is clean and comfy, their flight attendant were very helpful. The lavatory is clean. Smooth take off and the flight is on time.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta

"unbelievably bad service"

Trip Verified | Lombok to Surabaya. By far the worst airline I've ever encountered. The person checking us in didn't even look at us, she was too busy flirting with someone else. Just unbelievably bad service. Previous times I've flown Lion air have been equally as bad. Terrible customer service and the flights are nearly almost always late. I will never be flying with them again.
RouteLombok to Surabaya

"Terrible experience!"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience! The airline delayed my morning flight from Denpasar to Jakarta by 4 hours and did not notify me. They do not even tell me about the delay at the check-in counter. I figure it out by looking at the time on the boarding pass! I reason with them that if I take this flight I’ll miss my connection to Kuala Lumpur. They don’t seem to care at all. All they kept saying was if you’re not happy, we’ll provide a refund. Nobody even moves a needle to help a customer out. I had to run from pillar to post to cancel my ticket, book another flight and obtain my refund. Horrible airline. They should be banned!
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta