Lion Air

"Terrible experience!"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience! The airline delayed my morning flight from Denpasar to Jakarta by 4 hours and did not notify me. They do not even tell me about the delay at the check-in counter. I figure it out by looking at the time on the boarding pass! I reason with them that if I take this flight I’ll miss my connection to Kuala Lumpur. They don’t seem to care at all. All they kept saying was if you’re not happy, we’ll provide a refund. Nobody even moves a needle to help a customer out. I had to run from pillar to post to cancel my ticket, book another flight and obtain my refund. Horrible airline. They should be banned!
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"turns out I missed my flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore. This is the most horrible experience i’ve encountered. They didn’t have any sort of organisation or communication skills towards their customers. I was waiting in line at the checkin counter almost for 30 minutes and i have been asking which checkin counter is for my flight and it turns out that it was different. When i got there turns out I missed my flight because nobody was there to help or answer my question. Never use this airline ever again
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. After the flight was already 30 minutes delayed, I had to search for information myself, only to find out that there would be a delay of 45 minutes because of "technical difficulties". The airline's zero information policy towards its guests is shameful. Passengers are not "customers" at Lion Air, but simply "numbers". Not even the minimum requirements in the linguistic handling of passengers of other countries are met by the cabin crew. The crew speak a gaping English and can barely communicate with simple sentences. Even though the planes are outwardly standard, the care inside the planes is miserable. The cabin is dirty and more like a citybus instead of an airplane. Departure times are more of a guideline and changed at will, information will not be shared, the airline's constant delays are really "remarkable". On the returning our flight should have been 3 hours late without any advance information. It was not until I took a look at the boarding card that there was a different departure time than planned. Asked about the new departure time, the check-in staff member from Lion only commented: "Yes a new shedule time ... we have technical problems with our aircraft" ... then it would be better to rebook and return to Jakarta with another airline. As a passenger, I would like to be informed about changes to the timetable, etc. without being asked to do so and not have to do my own research first. There is also no service on board. Unless you pay. Is so far to agree with the pricing policy of the airline, but not that one can not even place his orders in English. For me it is by far the worst airline with which I have flown so far. Never again!
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2019

"we were charged outrageous prices"

Not Verified | Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. We feel like the airline has been very unfair to us and so will not be looking to fly with them again. The main reason is that we were charged extortionate prices for luggage check in despite having no other option. We could not add luggage on their website, and even if we could, they would not only accept Indonesian cards for payment so we had to use an alternative booking site which gave us no option to add luggage in advance. Then when we turn up and we were charged outrageous prices, more than I've ever paid before. We complained to absolutely no sympathy. Very unhappy with the experience. Will not be looking to fly again with Lion Air.
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"A little bit delay"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Makassar to Surabaya. Searching for the cheapest on this route, but finally get this airlines, but finally realize this is not cheap enough. A little bit delay, because high traffic before take off.
RouteMakassar to Surabaya
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Expensive baggage price"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta. Expensive baggage price, and a crowded flight, The check-in took around 50 minutes, quite upset with the check-in service, but the staff is trying to do their best and help us.
RouteMakassar to Singapore via Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"could barely fit my legs in"

Trip Verified | Lombok to Bali. I'm 6'2" and could barely fit my legs in, would be impossible for taller people. Shortest leg room I've ever experienced, do not take anything other than very short flights.
RouteLombok to Bali
Date FlownJuly 2019

"felt totally humiliated"

(China)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Krabi. My friend and I paid for return flights and hold luggage. We could not check in on-line for the return journey as their website was not working and when we got to the airport we were told we had not paid for hold luggage. Despite showing a receipt they made us pay THB 3900 and THB 3000 on our debit and credit cards or we could not fly. We both felt totally humiliated and it ruined a good holiday to end it that way. I will never fly with this airline again!
RouteBangkok to Krabi
Date FlownApril 2019

"worst customer service "

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. The airline entered my name twice on the ticket and upon calling them they kept on asking me to ring another number, noting that not all were local numbers. At one stage I was on hold for 45min (international) before I spoke to a person and then they hung up on me! In the end they charged my $32 for removing the duplicate name from my ticket. The worst customer service I have ever experienced!
RouteSingapore to Jakarta

"Intransparent baggage policy"

Trip Verified | Bali to Labuan Bajo. Immense high cost of checked baggage. Ultimately, we paid more for our luggage than for the flights. How much is the amount, we have learned only at the airport. Intransparent baggage policy The scheme is arbitrary - even the call center is obviously not informed. It was not possible to know in advance what the costs are. Very bad customer service. To 5 E-Mail inquiries I received until today no answer. There are several service numbers that no one answers. After the 11th attempt, I finally managed to reach one of the call centers. Unfortunately nobody could help me there any more. The staff can not speak English, but that's not the problem. Even a friend from Indonesia could not get valid information from the airline. For me, that's systematic and deliberate rip-off. The fact that the flight was delayed by more than three hours and we spent a total of 8 hours at the airport is no longer significant. There are many other airlines that are not or only slightly more expensive. Save the ordeal with Thai Lion Air and Bay another flight. DE: Immens hohe Kosten für aufgegebenes Gepäck. Letztendlich haben wir für unser Gepäck mehr als für die Flüge gezahlt. Wie hoch der Betrag ist, haben wir erst am Flughafen erfahren. Intransparente Gepäckpolicy Die Regelung ist willkürlich - selbst das Call Center ist offensichtlich nicht informiert. Es war nicht möglich vorab in Erfahrung zu bringen, welche Kosten entstehen. Sehr schlechter Kundenservice. Auf 5 E-Mail Anfragen habe ich bis heute keine Antwort erhalten. Es gibt verschiedene Servicenummern, auf die niemand antwortet. Nach dem 11. Versuch habe ich es schließlich geschafft eines der Call Center zu erreichen. Leider konnte mir dort auch niemand weiter helfen. Das Personal kann zwar kein Englisch, aber das ist gar nicht das Problem. Auch ein Freund aus Indonesien konnte keine validen Informationen von der Airline bekommen. Für mich ist das systematische und bewusste Abzocke. Das der Flug dann noch über drei Stunden Verspätung hatte und wir insgesamt 8 Stunden am Flughafen verbracht haben, fällt gar nicht mehr ins Gewicht... Es gibt viele andere Airlines, die nicht oder nur wenig teurer sind. Erspart euch die Tortur mit Thai Lion Air und Bucht gleich einen anderen Flug...
RouteBali to Labuan Bajo