Lion Air

"no customer service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Horrible. Always huge delays, no customer service. Worth paying a little more for an alternative airline (not batik or super air jet as they are the same group and just as bad).
RouteDenpasar to Kendari
Date FlownOctober 2022

"usual non-existing service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Being re-booked on this flight I was not really thrilled by the option given as definitely Lion Air isn’t my favourite airline. One of the reasons is the poor seat-pitch one gets. Must admit I was pleased to get an emergency exit seat, with lots of place to stretch out. Moreover, I was excited to fly on a Boeing 737-900ER, which is not common (though Lion Air has many of them). With the usual non-existing service (nor offer to sell onboard) I noticed an elevated number of flight attendants. Though flight was quite turbulent, we landed safely.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteLombok to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst customer service experience"

Not Verified | This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life. They should be banned from running their business. I had a flight scheduled for 630PM to CGK booked for Lion Air on august 17th. The night before the flight they sent me telling me the flight had been cancelled with no information on the new departure. I started to worry, I ended up going to sleep and at around 10am the sent me the schedule for the new flight. It was leaving at 7:15pm but from another airline Super Air Jet. So we arrived at the airport on-time and waited for boarding at 6:45pm - we didn’t board until 7:20pm and didn’t take off til 7:45pm. By the time we landed in CGK our connecting international flight had already boarded and was leaving. We were left stuck til 2:40pm the next day.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst flight experience with Lion Air"

Trip Verified | Never again! I had my worst flight experience with Lion Air. After more than 16h of flight from Paris to Jakarta. The flight from Jakarta to Bali had several hours of delay. No information provided.
RouteJakarta to Bali
Date FlownAugust 2022

"this airline really scrapes the bucket"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Avoid this airline at all costs. They will cancel flights and not provide any information or alternative. Basically will abandon you at whatever airport they wish with no information or help. I guess you get what you pay for but this airline really scrapes the bucket.
RouteMakassar to Denpasar
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the worst customer service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | This airline has the worst customer service. When my flight got cancelled, I was told by the travel agent to contact their Customer service (CS) not knowing that Lion replaced it with a different carrier at the same time. The CS rep didn’t tell me this so I changed my flight to another with different timing. After knowing that I could actually take a flight at the same time I contacted CS again but was told that I had to pay the prevailing charges because they can only change free of charge 1x. The worst was when I tried to file a complaint - instead of assisting - a different rep made issues of semantics - saying I asked the wrong questions - hence I got the wrong answer. Isn’t it their job to give info and enlighten as well as assist inconvenienced customers?? Safe to say I may never use their services again.
RouteSemarang to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2022

"Filthy airplane, delays"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Filthy airplane, delays, and no whatsoever interaction with the crew besides welcome and goodbye. Horrible check-in (disorganised), after boarding a delay without any explanation, with people sporadically walking in (even after take off time was well beyond), no one to be seen during the 1,5 hr flight (not to buy some water, not to mention proactively offering something). To top it the disgraceful luggage collection at Soekarno Hatta Airport, which takes ages and truly is something they should be ashamed of.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2022

"fare is far from low cost"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | You literally can expect to be always delayed with Lion Air. When it’s not, it’s going to surprise you like never before. I understand that this is a low cost airline, but Lion Air’s fare is far from low cost. It costs a minimum £50 to fly 1.5h from Jakarta to Denpasar. I need to arrive 2h before my flight but I’d have to wait for this airline to ruin my day? I know sometimes it’s inevitable as Lion Air serves routes that other airlines don’t, but oh my goodness, it’s just not worth it.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownMay 2022

"avoid at all costs"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Worst company ever, avoid at all costs. Loaded a full plane with passengers on a delayed schedule. Machine and air conditioning were not functioning. Temperatures were beyond belief. Kept everyone on the plane in those conditions for 30 minutes with no respect for wellbeing of passengers. Crew acted like they knew nothing. Captain made no announcement. Proceeded to offload everyone and then provided no info for 30 minutes. Plane had technical issues and was unable to depart. Passengers were made to wait for a new plane.
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2022

"has bad flight management"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Lion has bad flight management. They changed the schedule so many times without confirmation and I have to cancel my flight then choose another flight for a suitable schedule. Really disappointed, do not use this airline because it is really inconsistent.
RouteJakatrta to Surabaya