LATAM Airlines

"regulations are terrible"

Trip Verified | Lima to Los Angeles. LATAM Airlines in flight services and rules and regulations are terrible! For domestic flights they provide no in flight services like drinks or snacks. They do not let you stand up altogether after the plane is secured at the gate, and instead require you to stand only by aisle/row. And they are currently requiring a double face mask mandate, even when traveling to or landing in a country which does not require any such mandate. We felt like we were being governed by a police force when on a domestic flight we, in Row 3, tried to stand and get our carry-on luggage. A flight attendant absolutely refused let us stand, and stated that only Row 1 could stand up at that time. On an international flight, Rows 1 - 18 were allowed to stand and get their luggage, but our Row 22 could not. We have never before seen an airline regulate when specific rows of passengers can get their luggage once the plane is securely docked at the gate. During our travel, Peru and LATAM Airlines required a two face mask mandate in all airports and on all airplanes. When we were returning to the United States, they still required this mandate, even though we were in U.S. airspace and landing at a U.S. airport. This seemed a bit extreme and unnecessary to us, especially considering it is more difficult to breathe with two masks and your glasses fog considerably. We will not be flying LATAM Airlines again, and do not recommend them.
RouteLima to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2021

"LATAM had made a mistake with the pricing of our tickets"

Trip Verified | They charged us 336$ when we arrived to make the check-in of our luggage. After 45min of discussion then the manager finally admitted that LATAM had made a mistake with the pricing of our tickets, however if we didn't pay the 336$ additional surcharge we would not be authorized to get onboard the plane. Following this we raised a claim to the customer service, which answered with fake information in order to support their position and then closed the claim.
RouteQuito to Baltra
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"there is a drastic reduction in on-board service"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | Despite the current situation affecting the aviation market, it is not acceptable that there is a drastic reduction in on-board service in the executive class alleging restrictions by COVID19 while internationally renowned companies such as Lufthansa, Switzerland, Iberia, TAP, Qatar, Delta, etc. Many others who operate outside Brazil have normalized their services. Charge $10,000 for a one-way flight and return to Cancun on a plane with traveling seats and even offer a mediocre service such as deciphering passengers who were stupid to fly in Latin America and who next time would have to choose another airline.
RouteSao Paulo to Cancun
Date FlownJuly 2021

"For what I paid for the flight, I was quite pleased by the value"

Trip Verified | Decent flight like most recently on LATAM. Note that no food or soft drinks were served on this or any inter Brazil flight I think still because of covid. Water is available if you ring your call button. I had a budget ticket and middle seats were assigned at check in, which is relatively easy to accomplish online. Plane was full, but flight staff was professional and they worked hard to keep the flight on time. For what I paid for the flight, I was quite pleased by the value. The airline didn't knock my socks off, but would I use them again? Definitely.
RouteSão Paulo to Foz do Iguaçu
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they could not process the refund"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience with LATAM. Bought a ticket a refunded it 10 minutes later expecting that it would be valid within the 24 hour refund period. Spoke to representative. He promised that I would be getting a full refund within 5 business days. I even got an email confirmation. I called back 7 business days later asking why I didn’t get the refund yet. While speaking to another agent, she had no idea what she was doing, and told me to get my refund from Expedia. I kept telling her I booked direct from the LATAM site and not Expedia She then kept me on hold for 40 minutes, spoke to her manager, and told me sorry they could not process the refund. I told them several times that I received an email confirmation, and all they could say was sorry, refund was rejected.
RouteQuito to Cuenca
Date FlownMay 2021

"rescheduled my flight"

Trip Verified | We purchased tickets from LATAM and they canceled and rescheduled my flight. I did not want 40+ hours of layovers on the new flight, they refused any refund and declined my dispute which was within hours of the purchase. They sold the tickets knowing they did not have the flight. They are still selling flights right now they do not have! I was forced to accept the new flight and the next #4 changes in itinerary with no say or consent and charged an additional fee for the changes which i paid to recoup my losses. No help or flights from latam what so ever.
Aircraftunknown
RouteMiami to Sao Paulo
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Boarding was done fast"

Trip Verified | Check in at San Andres airport was a breeze, on the other hand trying to figure out what gate it left on was another story. Boarding was done fast. Service onboard was non-existent due to the pandemic and restrictions by the Colombian Aviation Officials. For a quick 1hr 45 minute flight to Bogota it was okay. Arrival in Bogota was on time. LATAM play was available on your own device so it made the flight go a bit faster and there was a good selection of movies and shows.
RouteSan Andres to Bogota
Date FlownJune 2021

"disappointed with the treatment at the airport"

Trip Verified | Extremely disappointed with the treatment received at the airport, no one deserves to be treated like that. My son and I both had the COVID test, because we hit traffic we where literally 10 ridiculous minute late, we were refused to get in even thought we had done all the info online and check in online. I asked to please let me do another test and she said no. I asked to please rebook me to a different flight, different day and “NO CANT DO’. I requested refund, they told. Me only 30% of what I had paid. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this airline.
RouteNew York to Sao Paulo
Date FlownJune 2021

"my flight was late for one hour"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | This airlines don't respect thier passengers, my flight was late for one hour, after gathering passengers for boarding they discover that they don't have a staff for this flight, after one hour they call to start boarding again, passenger stand in a queue and they let us waiting for more 30 min.
RouteSao Paulo to Florianopolis
Date FlownJune 2021

"on time and seats were comfy"

Trip Verified | Check in online was a breeze, in regards to the carry on bags nobody at the boarding gate complained about the size or weight. Boarding and deplaning was done by rows and did not take long. Due to the pandemic there was no onboard service on either flight. Flights were on time and seats were comfy. On both planes there were ports to charge your phone and the cabins looked pretty new. There was also LATAM play onboard in which you can watch movies on your own device.
RouteBogota to Cali