LATAM Airlines

"service beyond expectation"

Trip Verified | LATAM impressed me greatly. I took a roundtrip flight from Buenos Aires (AEP) to Ushuaia, both outbound and inbound flights were on schedule. The flight was full of tourists. No business class on these flights. Flight attendants provided two beverage services and a snack. Announcements were in Spanish and English. Boarding was smooth. Attendants were pleasant. Our window seats provided dramatic views over Ushuaia. The airline is a member of One World alliance and my status was fully respected. On our return, our tour company misplaced one of our bags and we had to leave Ushuaia without it. We informed the LATAM ground agent in Ushuaia that our bag may have been mistakenly taken by another member of our tour group. The agents swung into action. They got in touch with the tour company. I gave them my address of the hotel in Buenos Aires. When we checked in at the hotel, the desk clerk informed us that the missing bag had been found and would arrive by a later flight at night and LATAM would deliver it to our hotel. It did -- in good shape. It was service beyond expectation. We thought we would never receive it. LATAM's crew in Ushuaia and Buenos Aires ensured our holiday ended on a positive note. Hats off to LATAM - you are my airline of choice to South America!
RouteUshuaia to Buenos Aires

"absolute chaos"

Trip Verified | Santiago to Sydney. Horrible airline. Flight got cancelled. No explanation given. Hardly any communication from the airline. It took the 6 hours of hell to get to a hotel. A complete debacle. 14 hours later we finally got on a flight. Every step in the process was absolute chaos. These guys are a complete joke and have no idea how to run an airline. Food on the plane is Rick bottom and portions are tiny.
RouteSantiago to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"ruining my vacation experience"

Not Verified | This was my first time flying with LATAM and most definitely my last. Our flight from Florianopolis to São Paulo went by with no hitches but when we landed everything started to turn for the worse. My brother and I had arrived at our gate an hour early and made sure to say hello to the worker at the gate desk. Once it got time to our boarding, I noticed no one was at the hate still which I thought strange. I walked up to the worker which is when she informed me that my connecting flight to New York was cancelled and I had to walk across the airport to the LATAM service desk to figure out how to get back home. She said that there was an announcement( in Portuguese) over the intercom. Which astonished me that they didn’t announce it in Spanish or in English considering we are flying back to the states. Once I got to the service desk (no one spoke English) I spoke to someone in Spanish to figure out how to get back home. They said they would but us up in a hotel for the 9 hour delay but when I asked how to get there he said by taxi and they would not be paying for the taxi there and back. It was then my brother and I made the decision to just stay in the airport. The gentleman then said he would give us each a food voucher which we thought was great. Little did we know, the food voucher was only worth $6.50 usd. How could we eat a meal for that much? All I was able to get was a small pox of Pringle’s and a yogurt drink. The time was already 12am and to top it off there were only two restaurants available to us in our terminal that the voucher covered and one of them was already closed. After that fiasco, we finally boarded our new flight to Lima at 3:50am. We got to Lima with no problem at 8am. Bought some breakfast there as we were starving at this point and waited for our flight to LAX which was at 12:15 pm. Once we arrived to LAX and got out of customs, we went to the baggage claim to pick up our stuff and go home. We waited there about 10 minutes till I realized there was a lady with a clipboard with my brothers name on it. It was then that she informed us our luggage had been lost in São Paulo. This was my last straw. I have been visiting my parents from college for winter break, so the only clothes I had was in that bag! She wrote a claim and told us our baggage would be delivered the next night. If we had any problems there was a number and email written that we could contact. So when last night rolled by with no call about our luggage I decided to contact them. The number lead me to where I could only leave a message (not contact an actual human) and there was no response to our email. I called the number on LATAM online page and finally get directed to someone. They inform me that there is a hold on my luggage because I didn’t complete a form! What form did I need to complete beside the claim the woman at lax helped us with! I wrote this still waiting for my bags and still I’m the same clothes from 4 days ago. Feeling disgusting. Please I advise not to fly with this company. I will definitely be spending the extra cash to fly with someone else next time. LATAM thank you for ruining my vacation experience.
RouteFlorianopolis to Los Angeles via São Paulo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no padding on the hard seats"

(Bolivia)

Trip Verified | Lima to Santa Cruz. This flight turned out to be one of the worst in terms of passenger comfort. Fortunately the person in front of me did not want to recline, as I only had 1 finger distance between my knees and that seat back. And they only reclined a couple of inches anyway. But much more absurd is there is no padding on the hard seats. Steel or hard plastic, but nothing to cushion your body for a 2½ hour flight (plus boarding, etc.).
RouteLima to Santa Cruz
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"will not go back with them"

Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. They do not have any consideration for their customers, they had me waiting in line for almost 30 minutes and there was NO line, NO people. We were just two people waiting in line and still they did not care. Service was rude, they have you waiting and waiting in order to do boarding too. Go with Avianca or any other airline, will not go back with them.
RouteCusco to Lima
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" Seats were comfortable"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Lima. Seats were comfortable and with enough space, flat bed. Service was careful and friendly. The entertainment system slow and old. Food very bad and insufficient for a flight of 5 hours.
RouteMexico City to Lima
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I am incredibly disappointed"

Trip Verified | I am incredibly disappointed with Latam’s performance and disregard for customer care before my return flight to Munich following a schedule change. After Latam informed me of a schedule change, without specifying details, I was asked to contact the operator Iberia to determine the schedule change myself. Only after confirming the schedule, I was asked to contact Latam again for the tickets to be reissued. My astonishment only grew with the attempt to shift responsibility onto another airline, the refusal to take ownership of the situation, and the request for the customer to manage affairs between Latam and Iberia. One must question the role of Latam in this situation as one expects the agent of travel, with whom the customer book the flights, to take full responsibility for liaising with the operators, confirming schedules and notifying the customers of these changes as early as possible. In this instance, Latam made no attempt to communicate with us nor was any apology offered.
RouteMunich to Rio via Madrid

"No paid food available"

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Salvador via Sao Paulo. Check-in at Rio de Janeiro SDU airport was slow, with not enough counters, and consequently many stressed passengers queuing. Some did not make it. LATAM was able to double prices for Xmas eve period, but did not double staff. I refused today the R$20,00 to chose my seat on the first flight (45mn) and they punished me allocating the last seat, aisle, not reclining, despite the availability of others. Second leg was on a packed a321, extremely narrow pitch, internet connection was out of order, and no meal served (not even a sandwich) for a 2h30 flight at dinner time. No paid food either available. Luggage took 25 mn to be delivered.
AircraftA319/A321
RouteRio de Janeiro to Salvador via Sao Paulo

"they are the worst"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Frankfurt. This is the second time I fly with Latam and I can tell that they are the worst. I was checking my bags peacefully then a very angry lady did a mistake which they took one bag and left the other bag! Then all what she could say was go to the line and do it manually. Again i will have to stay in the long line. I asked her but why? You already took one bag! She said its ok! I told her but its easy just call somebody to fix it I barely finished!
RouteSao Paulo to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

"$200 dollars for a checked bag"

Trip Verified | Miami to San Paulo. Do NOT fly LATAM airlines. They charged us $200 dollars for a checked bag on an international flight. I have taken several international trips and I have never been charged such an astronomical fee. Upon calling customer service I received rude and short replies, especially from the supervising manager, Andrew. I am extremely disappointed in this airline and do not recommend. I cannot overstate how disappointed I am in the policies and in the customer service.
RouteMiami to San Paulo