LATAM Airlines

"Latam refuses a refund"

Trip Verified | My Latam flights were all cancelled by Latam. I made the bookings via Expedia and I contacted Expedia to ask about a refund due to passengers when an airline cancels a flight. Expedia told me that I qualify for a refund but that Latam is not authorizing Expedia to refund any passenger. This is against international regulations requiring airlines to refund passengers when a flight is cancelled. They offer a voucher valid only until 12/2020. I am 78 years old and in poor health. This was to be my last vacation with my daughter. I cannot fly anywhere before 12/2020 and probably cannot fly anywhere in future. Yet Latam refuses a refund. May they cease operations!
RouteTampa to Miami, Lima, Cusco, Iquitos=
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they charged me once again"

Trip Verified | On April I purchased a ticket from Latam and the money into my account was reduced, which, was clear that I was charged for the flight. I received an email from the company cancelling my flight and in the same day I notice that they charged me once again, so, I payed double for a flight that has been canceled. The customer service is terrible, really difficult for them to understand the situation and they need that to prove and error that they executed. For some reason I can’t clarify this into my statement, which makes the story even more confusing. I’m sure I payed for the amount a couple of months ago and now once again.
RouteSydney to Sao Paulo via Santiago
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I have had no refund"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I had a flight booked on the 8th April which was cancelled in March due to the pandemic. As flying is no longer an option, I submitted to have my travel vouchers refunded as cash into my bank account. Once this process was complete, I was told that this would take 30 days to show in my account. It has now been 12 weeks, I have had no refund and each time I call to speak to someone I get told "I don't know". All I want is a time frame and some reassurance but this is not possible from LATAM. I have been patient and understand the situation is out of the ordinary but I am disappointed in the lack of care and follow up from this Airline. I want to support this company but can no longer say I have faith in them
RouteAuckland to Argentina via Peru
Date FlownApril 2020

"the worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | LATAM is one of the worst businesses I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. While overseas I requested a change in flights from one of the ground staff and she said this was fine and she would organise that for us. Without letting us know LATAM then cancelled our flights totalling 2.5k dollars. They refused to accept their own staff members mistake and instead quoted us a flight home 3 weeks earlier than we were supposed to fly for another $2k. Then after over a week of back and forth they gave us back 2 of our 5 remaining flights for $1k (meaning we paid 3.5k for a return trip). The staff were unhelpful and the company has policies in place to abandon travellers in foreign countries with no contact information. They also managed to overbook the flight that they eventually gave us and tried to delay us for a day, without offering to pay for accomodation. I have travelled all over the world, through Europe, asia, south america and the middle east and LATAM is by far the worst flight experience I have ever had.
RouteSantiago to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never fly with Latam again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I have been trying to get my refund since March 2020 when Latam canceled my flight 2 hours before the checkin time. It was not because of Covid 19, it was because there was not enough people in the flight. I drove 600km to get to the airport, lost a day in the road, the petrol money, the Airport parking tickets and Latam simply canceled my flight just like that. I have been trying to get my refund since. I was being patient due to the current world situation but I had enough. This company can not even follow up on emails. Since March I have opened several cases on their website and they never get solved, such a huge incompetence. I will never fly with Latam again. Latam is taking more then a month to reply to the case upload on their system and whey they do reply it does not even make sense. It seems that they don’t even take the consideration to read through your situation.
RouteAuckland to Rio de Janeiro via Chile
Date FlownMarch 2020

"extremely disappointed by LATAM"

Trip Verified | I am extremely disappointed by LATAM. I've been trying to upgrade my cabin for more than a week calling and sending requests through the website link and when I get answers, it tells me that I would be contacted within 48 hours to tell me the price, but it never happened. Instead, I received a very rude e mail saying that "First of all you don't have a coupon. second, you don't have points..." Also, I sent my ESA docs and today I noticed that my case was closed (no e mail to inform, and I don't know the reasons, despite informing the animal's age and attaching ESA letter provided by a Nationally Certified and Licensed Psychologist. I phoned also several times and the costumer service has no answer, neither in Portuguese nor in English options. The only answer is "to wait for a contact within 48 hours (come on, you have an option on the calls "cabin upgrade" and when selected, you don't have the price for the service???? I will have a big surgery in Brazil and I am trying to prepare for my return with a little more comfort due to circumstances, but LATAM is making it impossible. All the aggravation is more than enough to say that this is not a serious company. Buy your ticket somewhere else.
RouteMiami to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMay 2020

"avoid business class"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Sao Paulo. Business Class was a plastic bag of frozen sandwiches, a bottle of water and an apple. No blankets, no bedding, no coffee, no tea, not even a Coke or juice. No toiletries, no wine, no hot food. Nothing. LATAM have discovered a chance to save money in the coronavirus crisis. They charge the same high price, and give you nothing. Passengers were even forced to sleep on the airport floor while LATAM tried to fix their old plane. Please avoid business class, if you have to travel LATAM, book Economy
RouteFrankfurt to Sao Paulo
Date FlownApril 2020

"been a stressful experience"

Trip Verified | Santiago to Punta Arenas. Traveling with a group of 4 throughout Chile. Chose to travel with LATAM for all 5 flights and it’s been a stressful experience from the beginning! My name was processed incorrectly and the Ms. was added to the end of my first name rather than as the title. That required that I spent additional time checking in and explaining to officials the error. Then, at SCL (Santiago, Chile) for flight to Puerto Natales scheduled to leave at 1120am was overbooked. Two of us were able to board the flight and myself and another passenger were asked to switch flights. The new flight would be the next day. This means that all activities, the car rental and hotel reservation we’ve paid for that day would be lost. After complaining they were willing to fly us out to Punta Arenas and Pay for our transportation to the hotel for the same day. Plus an additional cash credit of $640 USD and food card. Once all of the changes were processed we were given a cash voucher of only $160 USD and we’re expected to arrive to our hotel at 10 pm. After waiting in the airport for at least 5 hours, flying to an airport that’s at least another 5 hours away from our hotel and wasting an entire day of activities that have already been paid for. Not to mention that this has been a trip that we’ve planned for months. The time spent, stress and forgone activities are not compensated by a $160 voucher. The $640 wasn’t sufficient and the $160 was another insult to an already aggravating customer experience.
RouteSantiago to Punta Arenas
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"will never fly Latam again"

Not Verified | Miami to Sao Paulo. I have never been treated so poorly by an airline. My concern was not addressed and I was hung up on by the "customer service" agent I received after waiting for over an hour on hold. I was promised to re-book at no cost yet then charged $120.00 to select my Economy seats together. My husband and I are traveling with 2 babies so I need to confirm our seats are side by side but received zero assistance from horrible customer service. I can't believe I am on hold again for another hour just to see what can be done. I paid over 800$ dollars for a ticket now selling for $290.00 only because the only option I was given was to reschedule my flight (originally 4/1 MIA to GRU returning 4/29). This is at least my 6th call trying to find a solution and I feel I was completely taken advantage of and disrespected as a customer. Lesson learned. After flying Latam for many years my family and I will never fly Latam again. We will not hesitate to share this experience with the vast Brazilian community here in all of south Florida.
RouteMiami to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"taking advantage of individuals"

Not Verified | Bogota to Lima. This company is taking advantage of individuals during this pandemic and penalizing those that need to cancel flights by imposing a 70% fee of the purchased ticket. I can't believe how a company can be so disgusting.
RouteBogota to Lima