LATAM Airlines

"appalling customer service"

Trip Verified | London to Sao Paulo. We booked a holiday to Buenos Aires and Rio using Latam flying business class. The flight out was satisfactory but returning home was a nightmare. Although our seats had been booked and paid for months before, we were told that my wife and I could not sit together. Prior to this, the check in female had been asked if there was a problem and we were told NO. When we stated that this was not acceptable we were dismissed with a take it or leave attitude and told that the seating would be sorted out at another Latam desk. This continued until we were at the boarding gate where we were assured that the seats would be together and return in 30 minutes to find out. On return nothing had been sorted and we were told to board the plane and stand by the seats we should have had. A member of the cabin crew approached us and said that she had found two seats together in another part of the plane. All along the line from one desk to another we were dismissed and lied to making us out to be the trouble makers. Making matters worse was the fact that the seat which we had booked months ago was given to another passenger who only booked it 3 hours before departure and he was prepared to move but was told he could not by the cabin crew! Do not expect to get what you paid for or have any help from any Latam airline staff. If there is an alternative airline, travel with them. Our travel agent complained on our behalf as did the two reps we had on the holiday and it has taken from November to March to get nowhere with them. No communication, explanation or response. Totally rude and appalling customer service.
RouteLondon to Sao Paulo
Date FlownNovember 2018

LATAM Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Auckland to Sydney. I was truly surprised by the business class cabin on Latam. It has lots of space between seats. you do not have a lot of privacy..their lay out is on a 2-2-2 configuration. it is very spacious. The cabin service was attentive. The crew gave us his name it was a nice touch. The food was fine. I would not recommend their seats if you are a solo traveller.
RouteAuckland to Sydney

"not a good airline"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Lima. Not very pleased with this airline, very poor services in South America (Peru). The flight back got canceled sent us to hotel without paying, after I had to call my wife to get in Latam website to find me a returning flight because LATAM in Peru don’t help, the hotel was not paid by LATAM, so my opinion not a good airline to fly to South America.
RouteLos Angeles to Lima
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"will avoid flying LATAM"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. Hated the LATAM ticket and boarding from SMR. First they asked me for 100.000 pesos, then when i told them that i work at an airport they changed their mind. They underload my hand baggage while there was people with very bulky items. I will avoid flying LATAM in the future
RouteSanta Marta to Bogota
Date FlownMarch 2019

"flight departed on time"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Flew São Paulo Guarulhos to Rio de Janeiro with LATAM Airlines. The flight departed on time and landed in Rio earlier than it was supposed to which was great. It’s a very quick flight so there’s no type of service. Only you can ask is for a glass of water if you want.
RouteSão Paulo Guarulhos to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownMarch 2019

"nothing to complain about"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to São Paulo. The check in for my flight and baggage drop at Barcelona was incredibly quick which gave me some extra time to spend around the terminal in Barcelona. Once getting on board was very satisfied with everything I saw from Cleanless to the seats. Landed on time and have to say the crew were very polite. One things that stands out of question is the entertainment that’s was amazing. Have nothing to complain about really. The only reason I’m giving an 8 is for the food which could improve a little.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBarcelona to São Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"service the absolute worst"

Trip Verified | While the flight itself and the staff onboard was a pleasant experience, the after was not. LATAM lost my luggage without any knowledge of where it could be. For over 25 hours. I have not seen my family in Peru for well over 5 years, so now I must waste time to purchase clothing, sundries and medicine for myself and daughter because we were to be 250 miles away for vacation with all my family. Not only did they not know, they never offered a voucher, they single handedly ruined my family's time as well as cause misery and needless stress. When they finally found my luggage, it was way after we had already left for another destination, money wasted on new items and LATAM after numerous attempts for reimbursement, offers (after a week of contact) a 25 dollar voucher to be used towards a flight. Clothing in Peru is American pricing and that is the best LATAM could do? Because of them, I didn't have access to mine and my 5 year old daughters luggage for 3 more days, plus all the money and time spent on trying to reconcile this whole disaster that they more or less were trying to place blame of on us. Their customer service is the absolute worst. To make matters even worse, when we went to take a return flight, we were "chosen" for a random search because we complained, they took brand new unopened water bottles saying that American flights don't allow drinks purchased in airport and tossed them, wasting more money. If you ever have a problem with LATAM, you are completely out of luck trying to get matters rectified. Thank you for ruining my trip, for your lack of professional service and wasting all this precious time.
RouteNew York JFK to Lima
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not responsible for delays"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Sao Paulo. I lost my ground connection due to an operational issue. They acknowledge that was their fault that the plane was late and on top of that we had to wait for several other planes before takeoff. 2 hs delay that caused me to lose my ground transport and had to rebook it. I talked to LATAM customer service and they answered that they are not responsible for delays! To top it all, they have the same plane as 10 years back, oldest interiors I have seen lately. Basically a joke company. Avoid it if you can.
RouteFrankfurt to Sao Paulo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"such a negative experience"

Trip Verified | We could not take our flight between Sao Paulo and Madrid because our seats were already occupied (LATAM has overbooked). We had to wait 2 hours to be told that we would be transferred to the hotel and that Latam would contact us the next day to offer us new flights (our final destination being Paris). Without news of Latam, we decide to return to the Sao Paulo airport on our own (their voucher does not work with taxis). We learn there that they repositioned us on a flight 2 days later. They are told that it is not possible and that one needs to be in Paris the next day (February 28th). After 5 hours of negotiations, we finally managed to have a flight to Rome. Arriving in Rome we learn that Latam made a date error (March 28 instead of February 28) for our flight Rome Paris she booked with Air France. Apart from low cost, I have never had such a negative experience with a company. Especially since the vast majority of staff do not speak English. FR: Nous n'avons pas pu prendre notre vol entre Sao Paulo et Madrid car nos sièges étaient déjà occupés (la TAM a pratiqué le surbooking). Nous avons du attendre 2 heures pour que l'on nous explique que nous serions transférés à l'hôtel et que Latam nous contacterait le lendemain pour nous proposer de nouveaux vols (notre destination final étant Paris). Sans nouvelle de Latam, nous décidons de retourner à l'aéroport de Sao Paulo par nos propres moyens (leur voucher ne marchant pas avec les taxis). On apprend là bas qu'ils nous ont repositionner sur un vol 2 jours après. On leur explique que ce n'est pas possible et que l'on a besoin d'être à Paris le lendemain (28 février). Après 5 heures de négociations, on réussi enfin à avoir un vol en direction de Rome. Arrivée à Rome nous apprenons que Latam a fait une erreur de date (28 mars au lieu du 28 février) pour notre vol Rome Paris qu'elle a réservé auprès d'Air France. En dehors des low cost, je n'ai jamais eu une expérience aussi négative avec une compagnie. D'autant plus que la grande majorité du personnel ne parle pas anglais.
RouteSantiago to Sao Paulo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not the one I purchased"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | Buenos Aires to Miami. I purchased a ticket and a seat, after a couple of months I got an email with a itinerary change to one hour later. I accepted it. Now I am Checking in and I have a different seat, not the one I purchased. They say that I booked the seat in another flight and would only give me my money back and there is nothing they can do because my seat is already taken by someone else. I hate this airline. There is nobody to talk to, and no way to solve any problems what so ever.
RouteBuenos Aires to Miami