LATAM Airlines

"experience was quite bland"

Not Verified | Sydney to Santiago de Chile. My experience with this airline and on this flight was quite bland. On a Qantas ticket, i waited 80mins in line to check in, as QF pax can not check in online and have to queue. They has 3 agents for bag drop ( which we couldn't use) and 2 for check-in. I have not waited that length of time since the early 90s. Completely poor thought process at YSSY. The agent alluded to it being due to Christmas; oddly enough it was the same flight and number of pax everyday. They hadn't added anymore seats or a bigger aircraft. It was a seat, some food and an uncomfortable chair. Service was efficient to the point that they did there job but there was no obvious pride in their role / job / service. Cabin crew were young, not particularly friendly and made pax feel as if they were truly on an airbus. Smiles were non existent somewhat millenial in their attitude. Meal service / selections were minimal and portions, just enough to hold you down. Normally for breakfast you get the option of a hot meal with a fruit salad and yoghurt; our option was fruit salad or yoghurt as an example of how frugal the airline was. I did not see cabin crew offer water in the cabin and needed to go to the galley to get a drink and when i asked for more than a cup, felt as though i had inconvenienced the cabin crew. The best thing about the flight was the aircraft; quiet, hydrated and comfortable. Not so the chair. Sadly with only Qantas providing competition, i would consider flying them again but would come on board more prepared with food and water.
RouteSydney to Santiago de Chile
Date FlownDecember 2018

"ended up as a 25 hour flight"

Trip Verified | London to Goiania via San Paulo. I purchased the flight as I was travelling with two young children and the 15 hours flight time was better than the other airlines. I never expected that when you arrive in San Paulo you have to collect your luggage for the connecting flight (Also Latam) and go through immigration and customs before waiting in a massive queue to check into the domestic flight to Goiania, as you only have less that two hours to connect this is an impossible situation, and the check in staff admitted no one makes the published flight. So what was a 15 hour flight with connections ended up as a 25 hour flight. As far as I can see this breaks the advertising rules for one and is also a con by the airline to make it look good to the competition.
RouteLondon to Goiania via San Paulo
Date FlownDecember 2018

"never fly with LATAM again"

Not Verified | New York to Porto Alegre via Sao Paolo. I have no complaints for the service on the plane, but I will never fly with LATAM again. The customer service with the airline at the airport is horrible and you'll find yourself pulling teeth trying to figure out what exactly is going on. Everybody gives you a different answer for questions you have regarding your flights and it's extremely frustrating trying to deal with those who work for the airline (again, not as flight attendants but airport workers). On the way to Porto Alegre from JFK, I had a connecting flight in Sao Paolo. Since it was international to domestic, we had to pick up our bags and transfer them to the correct terminal. My sister checked her bag in and never saw it again since the woman working there sent it to a completely different city in Brazil. The entire time, my sister received no word on her bag and it wasn't until we got back to JFK in NY that we realized they found the bag in Sao Paolo (since it got sent back). This didn't matter though since when we got to JFK, 4 more bags were missing and we had no idea where they were. We were traveling with nine checked in bags and only received five when we got back to New York. Two of the bags missing were mine and I went home with absolutely no clothes, shoes, or gifts. After traveling 14 hours, this was rather frustrating and the response from LATAM employees at the airport was even more frustrating. They said how they didn't know how it happened and that sometimes security kept the bags extra to check them before sending them on the plane. I didn't think this made sense since five of the nine bags had been sent. They told us they'd "try their best" to find them and to keep our phones nearby just in case they found them on the next flight. It was just ridiculous that not one, but 5 bags had been lost during our experience with LATAM. Needless to say, this was the last time I would be flying with LATAM and I will makes sure to look into any other airline I use before flying with them.
RouteNew York to Porto Alegre via Sao Paolo
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"They lost my checked baggage"

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Chicago via Santiago. LATAM is the worst airline. Their customer service is worthless and they never help you with anything at all. They lost my checked baggage at Buenos Aires and United Airlines eventually found it but LATAM took forever to hand over my bag to United. They never care about your comfort and ease. They don't care about anything at all actually.
RouteBuenos Aires to Chicago via Santiago

"seating top notch"

Trip Verified | We flew LATAM from Sydney to Santiago on a Qantas code share. From this experience LATAM is a dam fine airline. New aircraft, good cabin service, good sound inflight meals, good chilean wines, seating top notch and a very good IFE. There isn't much I can say negatively about this experience. Would recommend.
RouteSydney to Santiago
Date FlownNovember 2018

"would never use LATAM again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Sao Paulo to Auckland via Santiago. I purchased a 3-leg ticket through eDreams. A few weeks later I was informed that LATAM had brought forward the 2nd leg by 35 mins. This created a layover between the 1st and 2nd legs of 70 mins. The minimun allowed is 75 mins. When this was brought to LATAM's attention the changed the 2nd flight to a later departing flight. A few weeks later this flight was cancelled. Back to the original problem! I phoned LATAM Help Center. The agent said that the minimum time between domestic and international flights at GRU was 60 mins - no problem. Great! But my Online Travel Agent said no. So I phoned LATAM again. This time an agent told me, at first 60 mins but then went away and came back and said 75 mins. He then told me to contact the airline supplying the 1st leg - Avianca - because they held the ticket. I asked if I could have a refund or change the date, no! I asked to speak to a supervisor, no. I asked him to write me an email, no. I would never use LATAM again.
RouteSao Paulo to Auckland via Santiago
Date FlownOctober 2018

"no gluten free options"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | Guayaquil to Quito. I had to check in a piece of luggage and pay 20 bucks. And go to a self-service machine to print the bag tag and get my boarding pass. The flight had no gluten free options. (I am coeliac). If I had known that Avianca flew this route I would have taken that flight. My company's travel agent booked Latam, which I avoid whenever I can.
RouteGuayaquil to Quito
Date FlownNovember 2018

"nothing to write home about"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | This airline is nothing to write home about. We had a connection flight from Sao Paulo to Rio and when the flight was delayed at Sao Paulo we missed our flight to Rio and LATAM made us stand at the airport for more than 3 hours. No one can speak English and when I got a hold of the Supervisor she stood with staff joking around laughing knowing that I was waiting for her. She was very unprofessional in her approach in how she dealt with everything, they then had to book us in to a hotel for the evening, and they booked a Hotel that was almost 2 hours away from the airport. The air hostesses were very unfriendly, when you asked them for something they give you this look of what now. We had a travel agent book this flight, will definitely advise them not to book this airline for future customers. Another thing, they only serve you dinner at 6.30 and then you don't see the airhostesses for the whole evening, only in the morning. If you do want water or a cold drink you must go to the back and ask them for it and then it is given to you with an attitude.
RouteJohannesburg to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownNovember 2018

"no information given at all"

Not Verified | The flight was meant to be at 4.05pm, when we arrived at the gate it had changed to 17.45pm, with no information given at all. We were then waiting for almost 2 hours before the flight crew arrived and they allowed boarding to begin, we were then queued in a boarding corridor into the plane for the best part of 40 minutes. We arrived at Sao Paulo looking to get our connecting flight to Madrid as we both had work the day after. The flight was canceled and they sent us to a hotel overnight, gave us a voucher for a taxi, (which was of too low a value), so we had to go back and ask for another voucher. We were then denied the courtesy of an upgraded seat, I incurred further car parking charges at Heathrow for collecting my car a day late, lost a days work, my wife lost a days work., Surly and dismissive staff.
RouteRecife to Sao Paulo
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not be flying LATAM again"

Trip Verified | Santiago de Chile to Sydney via Auckland. I have just come off a flight from Santiago de Chile to Auckland and have had the worst experience. My travel agent requested a vegan meal as am allergic to egg and fish. The meals I got had both egg and one had fish. Vegan meals are meant to have no animal products including egg, meat, fish and dairy. This has been the worst from any airline I have ever received. I certainly will not be flying LATAM in the future again.
RouteSantiago de Chile to Sydney via Auckland