LATAM Airlines

"flight was canceled"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Lima via Sao Paulo. Checked in at O.R Tambo and was told that they were unable to print my second boarding pass and said to ask for it at LATAM in Sao Paulo. Got to Sao Paulo and went straight to LATAM - the flight was canceled and I was in no way forewarned, my layover was pushed from 5 hours to 6 additional hours and then it got pushed by an additional 3 hours - a 14-hour wait. None the less I arrived in Lima (which is my second home country) many hours later than previously planned. I have never experienced bad service from LATAM ever, and now I got this! When I went to LATAM in Sao Paulo they didn't even offer any hospitality for rest nor did they provide any eats or beverages. Jeepers creepers did this tick me off to high heaven. Then about 40 minutes before the flight started boarding I wanted to make sure the return LATAM flight was not canceled and the gentleman attending to me had the audacity to tell me " Sir I can't help you right now I am busy". How hard is it for an airline that factually rakes in millions of USD per month to show a little decency? I will be contacting them within the next few days to see how my refund is coming along. I am a frequent flyer and this was the worst I have ever experienced and to be honest, I was very fond of LATAM, it was my wife and my preferred airline.
RouteJohannesburg to Lima via Sao Paulo
Date FlownJuly 2019

" refund is still not done"

Not Verified | Due to work related reasons I could not fly and well in advance I requested a refund of my fares for an eligible refundable ticket It has been over two months of frustrating calls, visits to the Sydney office and the refund is still not done. Every call is logged, a case created to find the case is later closed with no resolution They took two months to advise they had issues with their refund process to only then request another account details... still no refund I would not recommend this airline to anyone that just wishes to have a peace of mind of knowing that if changes in your plans arise you would be able to get a refund.
RouteSydney to Buenos Aires
Date FlownJuly 2019

"secrecy about flight connections"

Not Verified | Montevideo to Cusco via Lima. Staff were sort of kind but of course, there is always a priority to people who speak Spanish. If you do not speak Spanish you have to wait. Also, due to a delay I lost my connection and the staff kindly informed me that they cannot contact their colleagues at Lima to give me another flight and I would only know whether I make it or not once I arrive in Lima. What an adventure. Delay was due to the weather but people come on, you could have provided a meal to all of the passengers here. Also, what is with all the secrecy about flight connections? Pity, it looked like a nice company to fly with.
RouteMontevideo to Cusco via Lima
Date FlownJuly 2019

"nothing but empty promises"

Trip Verified | Ushuaia to Buenos Aires. I purchased two tickets on LATAM Airline for an April 30, 2019 flight. The flight was canceled because of a national transportation strike. I was promised a refund for my two tickets within 20 business days. At the end of that time, I called and a ticket was submitted on my behalf (their procedure) to find out why I hadn't received my refund. They said it would be 10 more business days. At the end of 10 business days, I called back and they told me all they could do was submit another ticket. I went on their social media page and complained and they told me they were submitting another ticket. It has now been 77 days and I have nothing but empty promises. I have also had the misfortune of reading many other people's stories who have been waiting longer than I have, some more than six months with the same formula, the refund is "in process." Ironically, the canceled flight to Buenos Aires caused me to miss a connecting flight to Santiago, Chile via Sky Airline. They refunded my money for that flight!! If you have a choice, choose Sky over LATAM, or take a bus. Dishonest company.
RouteUshuaia to Buenos Aires
Date FlownApril 2019

"praise customer service staff"

Not Verified | Return flights from Santiago to La Paz - both left on time and had exceptional helpful check-in & cabin crew but what I wanted to praise mostly is the customer service staff. They go out of there way to deal with requests for changes, far better than any airline I have used in the past.
RouteSantiago to La Paz
Date FlownApril 2019

"customer service is hopeless"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Bogota via Santiago. We had purchased our tickets six months prior to flying. The flights were selected for best time of departing, and shortest length travelling time. Departing Melbourne at 8 pm. At some point during the interim, LATAM rescheduled this flight, and the return flight, allocating us completely different Itineraries. However, they did not, at any time, contact us to inform us of the rescheduled flights, or changed return itinerary. The only way we found out was an email sent the night before, informing us that the flight was delayed a few hours. Instead of leaving at scheduled time of 12.45pm, it would be leaving a couple of hours later. This was the first time we had received any idea that the departure time had been rescheduled from 8pm to 12.45pm. I rang LATAM immediately after checking our booking, having found it different to the flights I had booked. The outward bound journey had us in Santiago for ten hours; the return flight, in particular, was a dog’s breakfast that had us making three stops on the way home, over several days, and then stranded in Sydney. LATAM were able to change the itinerary for the homeward flight, after a lot of explaining and complaining on our part, but have refused to apologise or acknowledge any wrongdoing at all. We will never book flights with LATAM again. Their customer service is hopeless. They have no accountability or responsibility or care. All it needed was one email to ticket holders when they decided to change the flight several months after we booked. The distress we experienced over this was enormous; if the flight had not been delayed, we would have been none the wiser, and we would have turned up for our 8 pm flight, only to find it had already gone. We had visits organised on our way to the airport, to visit family and grandchildren before going away for five weeks. We had to cancel these, which caused stress and upset to everyone.
RouteMelbourne to Bogota via Santiago
Date FlownJune 2019

"the most horrible customer service experience"

Not Verified | Boston to Sao Paulo. This was the most horrible customer service experience (with LATAM) I ever had in my entire 58 years of life. I have been a devoted American Airlines customer (a member of the 1 million miles “club”), and thought LATAM would be the same level of services. From this experience, I will never call, set foot, or fly LATAM for the rest of my life; and, will make sure my family, friends, and business relationships I have do the same. LATAM never more. PS: The issue was around a medical emergency and rescheduling my return (and my son) back to USA.
RouteBoston to Sao Paulo

"would never recommend"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Disgusted with the horrible experience with Latam, would never recommend. We were on a connecting flight using the same airline we’re the first flight was all on time. Upon running through the airport to try and board out next flight they would not let us on the plane (which had 30mins till take off). When asked why we can’t board the staff said “It is our policy that passengers cannot board the plane without their baggage also in the plane and our baggage supposedly had not been loaded onto the plane. However, we later found out all baggage on connecting flights gets loaded directly onto the next plane no matter the circumstances, and our baggage had left. We were left for an extra 24hrs with no clothes, toiletries or anything as well as lost wages from work we planned on attending. In return for the inconveniences we received absolutely nothing. Not even when we repeatedly tried for something as a seat upgrade.
RouteBuenos Aires to Auckland via Santiago
Date FlownJune 2019

"cannot praise this airline enough"

Trip Verified | We flew from Madrid to Frankfurt on Latam. I cannot praise this airline enough. The crew were attentive with a warm and genuinely friendly demeanour. We boarded on time and were lead to our, two abreast, seats in the middle of the aircraft. Upon taking our seats we were offered Champagne or water and a bowl of nuts to nibble. The seats were similar in layout and operation to other airlines such as LOT and offered the option of a full recline into a fully flat bed. The pitch was more than adequate. The TV was operated either by a handheld controller or by touch screen. The selection seemed fine (although I didn't take advantage of it, my wife managed a movie). We were taken back onto stand because of a late slot amendment owing to weather at Frankfurt. This delay was minimal however it did allow the cabin crew time to ply me with another cold Champagne (as a former Air Traffic Controller I abhor delays, however with Champagne, not so much). A short taxi and departure from one of the southeasterly runways and we were up. The lunch service started soon after take off. The food was very pleasant. A nice shrimp salad with a curried mayonnaise served with a fruit bowl and cheese course. It was washed down with a few glasses of very tasty Chilean white wine. Coffee was served in a large cup! Thank you for that, (I hate teeny tiny cups of coffee) and more wine or cold drinks were offered. I took advantage of stretching out and woke up on descent into Frankfurt. The whole trip was just over two and a half hours. I cannot recommend LATAM high enough.
RouteMadrid to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2019

"I missed my first flight"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Salvador. The company is extremely unreliable and I don’t recommend it. I booked 2 flights to go to 2 different cities. I missed my first flight. The agent told me that I could take the following flight if I pay 155USD with him over the phone. He said my credit card wont work (although it was perfectly working and my bank confirmed no purchase tentative has been made). The agent told me to go to the airport and I could pay There. I showed up to the airport and the agent told me the flight is overbooked. I spoke to 3 different agents to confirm that if I manage to go to the other city I could take my second flight free of charge. I asked them to send me a confirmation email they said no need and gave their name as a reference. Now I'm stuck in Salvador and they won’t let me take my second flight.
RouteSao Paulo to Salvador