LATAM Airlines

"they will not do anything about it"

Trip Verified | During Corona, LATAM cancelled the flight 5 times within 2 months assuring our tickets can be rescheduled with no extra charge. Then they reissued the ticket one day before the flight when we didn't even have a chance of being there. Now they are charging us 200 dollars for change of the flight because they say it was a voluntary no show. We have all email proof and approach them about it but they said they will not do anything about it.
RouteCalama to Cusco
Date FlownMay 2020

"I keep waiting for the promised refund"

Trip Verified | Terrible! I had my ticket cancelled in May due to Covid. It's October and I keep waiting for the promised refund. I have sent numerous emails and even had an official bank transfer receipt 2 months ago. After not receiving anything for a month I opened a new case. I was asked for all the bank transfer details again because it was obviously not done. I can see I am not the only one. Do not fly with them or TAP Portugal, they are even worse. They do not even answer at all! The only decent airline that refunded me was American Airlines.
RouteSao Paulo to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"never seen our money back from LATAM"

(Romania)

Not Verified | This is a company that offers highly priced tickets to Easter Island with 100% refund policy in case of cancellation, while in reality they never pay the rightful amount for our case dated 11/2019 although we went through their tedious refund process, wrote them 20 emails, writing them minimum 40 Facebook Messages and calling them on our cost over 20x. We flown several times with them, and although they had serious issues with the online checking, our last experience with them convinced us avoid them forever. We had two flights scheduled from Santiago to Easter Island and Buenos Aires to El Calafate, both cancelled due to the civil crisis (Contingencia Chile) from in November 2020. Although we had 100% refundable tickets we never seen our money back from LATAM although we initiated this refund process 11 months ago. Our case has the same status since 8-9 months “in payment process” but the money never reached out bank account. They keep telling us that they are working on our case, but their credibility is 0 especially as I have seen that we are not the only ones waiting our money almost one year! They tried to argue that the Pandemic of Covid-19 increased the number of cases they have to process, but we have initiated our refund process 3,5 months before the pandemic started, therefore there is no excuse whatsoever. Worse is that I read on their Facebook page, lots of complaints of same nature, so I concluded that this is usual practice not an accident. Their customer service is a disaster and a total waste of time. Is like hitting a dead end with them! I definitely won’t recommend such a miserable operator. They are a total disgrace especially for using the pandemic as an excuse for their previous incompetence, while our cases has been open since months before Covid times. Stay away from them if you don’t want to lose your money and never see them back!
RouteSantiago Chile to Easter Island
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Absolute nightmare to deal with"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Absolute nightmare to deal with. Don’t ever part with your money with this airline. I have been fighting to get my money returned from LATAM Airlines after I purchased flights in Early Jan this year to see my girlfriend in Colombia. (before Covid came about). My flights got canceled in late March and they said they would be offering travel vouchers. To this day I have not received any valid travel vouchers. When they did finally send some vouchers after 3 months, they misspelt my last name (despite providing my passport) and other identifying info. LATAM advised me that they would have to open a new case and it would then take longer to process (despite it being their fault). To this day I’ve not received a single phone call (pretty much 0 contact from them from get go). LATAM finally emailed after I called their NZ number about 50 times. They said that they would provide a cash refund, but I have yet to receive any of my money returned.
RouteAuckland to Medellin via Santiago de Chile
Date FlownApril 2020

"I still do not have travel vouchers"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Well in my case it is final, I was not refunded even when waiting for six months. For six consecutive months, I'm not able to get a refund (even in the form of vouchers) from the company. Please see my posts below. They are constantly delaying issuing the vouchers without any explanation. They tell you an expected time and at the end of the period they tell you double the time is needed. We lost thousands of USD to them. If you contemplate booking a ticket with them, please be aware of the fact, that in case your flight is cancelled (which is probable scenario these days) you won't see your money again, because they will not refund them. This is based on my first hand experience. I did a voluntary refund in March and I still do not have travel vouchers (not to speak about money refund).
RouteParis to Santiago via Sao Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"should be ashamed of their service"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Still did not receive money refund or voucher. So our case is still not solved, After five months of gross negligence and incompetence by LATAM call center (please read my previous post) they managed to issue some vouchers. Guess what happened. We were supposed to receive vouchers for taxes / fees vouchers in the amount of 160 USD per passenger. They managed to deliver two out of four vouchers. Reason unknown. We were supposed to receive vouchers for 20% of the fare (it was a voluntary pre Covid request) in the amount of 130 USD per passenger. They managed to send them out all but all of them state wrong amount of 10 USD. Reason unknown. Really, everything this company do, they do it wrong. This is an absolute incompetence or an intentional try to rip-off a customer. They should be ashamed of their service even when discounted for Covid circumstances.
RouteMunich to Santiago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"still did not receive money refund"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | We were supposed to fly with this thing in March to Santiago. Due to corona related border closure between Czech Republic and Germany, we were not able to board our flight and we voluntarily cancelled our tickets on Mar 13th. Its five months later and we still did not receive money refund nor a voucher for our tickets. This by the way prohibits us from approaching insurance company and retrieve the rest of the money. Call centre service is apalling. During last five months I experienced passivity and unwilligness to solve our case - refund request mistreated multiple times when operators put wrong or uncomplete data into system - complete unwillingness to give this case some priority after five months - obvious lies or incompetence (constantly changing info bout form of refund and time schedule) - when promised to be called back, it never happened - one operator providing different info from the other I know airlines have a hard time now, but this airline customer service is in complete disarray. They even refused to provide refund calculation so I can take our case to the insurance company to retrieve the rest of the money we spent on the tickets. Im currently in state of awe how arrogant a corporation can be and will never ever board a LATAM plane.
RouteMunich to Santiago de Chile
Date FlownMarch 2020

"frustrated waiting for a refund"

Not Verified | I have regularly used Latam Airlines in the past. After having my flight cancelled on the 2nd May 2020 due to Coronavirus. I am left extremely frustrated waiting for a refund. It has been 4 months now. I keep contacting my travel agency and all they have to say is Latam have authorised a full refund but have not issued the money. I wonder how long they will drag this on.
RouteLondon to Cuiaba via Sao Paulo

"Latam refuses a refund"

Trip Verified | My Latam flights were all cancelled by Latam. I made the bookings via Expedia and I contacted Expedia to ask about a refund due to passengers when an airline cancels a flight. Expedia told me that I qualify for a refund but that Latam is not authorizing Expedia to refund any passenger. This is against international regulations requiring airlines to refund passengers when a flight is cancelled. They offer a voucher valid only until 12/2020. I am 78 years old and in poor health. This was to be my last vacation with my daughter. I cannot fly anywhere before 12/2020 and probably cannot fly anywhere in future. Yet Latam refuses a refund. May they cease operations!
RouteTampa to Miami, Lima, Cusco, Iquitos=
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they charged me once again"

Trip Verified | On April I purchased a ticket from Latam and the money into my account was reduced, which, was clear that I was charged for the flight. I received an email from the company cancelling my flight and in the same day I notice that they charged me once again, so, I payed double for a flight that has been canceled. The customer service is terrible, really difficult for them to understand the situation and they need that to prove and error that they executed. For some reason I can’t clarify this into my statement, which makes the story even more confusing. I’m sure I payed for the amount a couple of months ago and now once again.
RouteSydney to Sao Paulo via Santiago