LATAM Airlines

"inconsiderate to people with children"

Trip Verified | São Paulo to London. Very inconsiderate to people with children. There were a lot of babies in the plane I boarded. I’d expected that they put the passengers with babies in seats with more leg room. Instead the exit row seats were full of people who don’t look like they have special needs; people with babies were scattered around the back of the economy (to be precise- one in front of me and another one next to me). I don’t have children but I could feel the pain those parents had to endure during the 12+ hours flights.
RouteSão Paulo to London
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"unhelpful and rude staff"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I bought a flight Queenstown to Bogota, the Jetstar flight from Queenstown to Auckland was delayed 1 hour because of technical problems in the plane. Then we arrived to Auckland and after making us wait for almost 5 hours, our flight was cancelled. Good thing they provided us accommodation but when the bus arrived to pick us up at the hotel to go to the airport, the bus was too small for all the people so we had to wait for another hour to get a new bus that drops us at the airport. We arrived to the airport and we bumped into a queue of at least 120 people. There are only 3 counters available so who knows what time we are going to be able to check in. It's 7am now, our flight is at 8:30am and we are still waiting in the queue. We have another layover in Santiago de Chile to go to Bogota, but the crew says that they cannot do anything if we miss the flight that we need to take in Santiago. There's no point to buy a flight with so much time in advance, if LATAM is not going to be able to sort the issues out. This airline is only queues, disorganization and unhelpful and rude staff. Wasting time in eternal queues in this of airline is a torture.
RouteQueenstown to Bogota via Auckland / Santiago
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"food was not that great"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Auckland to Sydney. The service was Ok, but the food for breakfast and lunch was not that great. No option given just a sandwich and a small tub of fruit. Flight Entertainment was ok as well but kept getting interrupted by the Captain who spoke to long and slow.
RouteAuckland to Sydney

"very good service"

Not Verified | Flew Latam Airlines under a Qantas codeshare, return to South America. All flights departed on time. I found the whole experience very easy and comfortable. The flight attendants were very pleasant and attentive, and provided very good service. On a couple of occasions they spoke to me in Spanish presuming that was my native language, but soon realised that I was English speaking and changed accordingly. The food was tasty and consistent (not 5 star), but I wasn’t disappointed. When I flew back to Australia, I was offered tea and coffee and cheese after I woke from sleeping. The bc cabin layout is 2x2x2, which could be a slight inconvenience if you have the window seat, otherwise it was comfortable. I would fly with them again. Note: I also flew Latam from Lima to Santiago in economy. I upgraded to their Space+ seats. Check-in, service and food was very good. Departed on time.
RouteSydney to Lima via Santiago
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Last time flying with LATAM"

Trip Verified | Miami to Lima. I am platinum for Life member with American Airlines and flew for the first time with this airline. They didn't honor the One World Alliance with AA. Put me in an regular economy class and our luggage was not tagged Priority as customary with my status unless I was told pay a fee of $50 dollars for a premium seat (more space) . On our way back from Lima to Peru, I called The Platinum Desk at AA and with their help I was able to get an Executive Economy seat and again not priority tag in our bags. Latham is not a true One World Partner of AA. Last time flying with LATAM.
Aircraft767
RouteMiami to Lima
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I can't recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Madrid. I am a person living with disabilities. Therefore I requested mobility assistance well in advance of my scheduled flight. I provided government issued documentation to the effect. LATAM confirmed within a timely manner by email and assigned seats in advance, in accordance with German law. When I arrived at the designated check-in desk for the disabled at Frankfurt Airport, the check-in agent behaved rude and unprofessional. He insisted on collecting a surplus charge and tried to deny me my preassigned seat, which is unlawful. I asked repeatedly to speak to the flight manager; my request was outright denied. At this point in time, I could hardly stand any longer. The staff could not care any less. To make things worse, they even canceled out my advance seat reservation for the return flight, for no other reason, but to annoy me and to aggravate me. Therefore I can't recommend this airline to any passenger living with disabilities.
RouteFrankfurt to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"profoundly disappointed by LATAM"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Frankfurt. After a very positive flight from Frankfurt to Madrid, am profoundly disappointed by LATAM. Delayed my luggage three days (according to them 48 hours) and asked me to take a taxi from Osnabrück to FMO airport because they do not have an arrangement with Lufthansa for baggage delivery. The cost of a round-trip taxi is 175€. I tried to mitigate the cost by renting a car for the weekend (it's 64€ v. renting a car for three hours is 20€ more) and parked the car in my driveway for the weekend. I saved LATAM 111€ yet they offered me only 18€ for the car hire even though they'd agreed to pay for my round trip taxi (the funny thing is that I spoke to a Lufthansa Mitarbeiterin at FMO and she told me that if LATAM had simply asked them to deliver the suitcase - as is normal procedure with delayed baggage across the industry -- they would've made the arrangements and would've invoiced LATAM the cost. I told LATAM that if they are going to land in Germany and delay their customer's baggage they'd better come to an agreement with the German carriers to delivery their misdirected luggage). My ex-husband had convinced me that LATAM has ripped me off and it is better for my mental health to let go of it but I am having second thoughts about filing a court action against them. Until they are corrected, they will continue to mistreat the traveling public. I thought only American Airlines ripped off their valued customers but it must be an industry practice.
RouteMadrid to Frankfurt

"Very uncomfortable seats"

Trip Verified | London to Rio de Janeiro via Sao Paulo. Very uncomfortable seats, entertainment, poor food. Staff okay. The narrow seat has no enough room for the legs and it's extremely very uncomfortable for a long haul flight. The seat entertainment, TV program is really poor. The food taste was really poor without any assortment of salad, etc. Nowadays that's the economy class. Really bad.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Rio de Janeiro via Sao Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"a good flight and would recommend"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Santiago de Chile to Los Angeles. Second time to fly LATAM in a week. Comfortable seat, smooth check-in, got sidelined for additional security check (with no reason provided). In flight: ok meals - but portions were way too small. Again as previously experienced, not enough toilets in the economy class section (only 4). Pleasant crew, temperature and environment. Landed on schedule. Overall, a good flight and would recommend.
RouteSantiago de Chile to Los Angeles

"good flight experience"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Santiago de Chile. Overall good flight. Relatively comfortable seats, polite and smiling staff, ok choice of movies. Negative points: inflight meals and toilet availability. I pre-ordered a vegetarian meal - this was not acknowledged until I repeatedly mentioned the request (special meal requests are usually also written on the boarding pass). The meal itself though was the worst I have ever had on an airline. White rice with a few diced tomato pieces and grilled zucchini. Absolutely flavorless, dry, and zucchini tasted of plastic. Toilets seemed to be problematic: only 4 available for the whole economy class, much less than the average - meaning relatively long waiting times for passengers after meals and before landing. Aside these two points, good flight experience.
RouteLos Angeles to Santiago de Chile