La Compagnie

"fantastic value for business class"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Newark. Longtime customer of OpenSkies (when it was business class only) and the original L'avion. Chose La Compagnie, and glad we did. Our flight was canceled at Orly back to Newark, and it was a mess - the gate agents at Orly did not speak English well, and there was lack of information given, we had to rebook 2 days later on another flight home on our own with the airline, no one at the gate could assist us with that, and they only have 2 planes, and don't partner with other airlines. 2 days stuck in Paris with hotel hopping. so why the 5 stars? The compensation when we got home to the states and quick communication and customer service was great. They offered to pay for our meals, hotels and cabs for the 2 days stuck in Paris. The flights were so comfortable, great entertainment on the flights and great food. I was able to sleep comfortably with a pillow and the plane seemed very clean. The flight crew was lovely both ways and couldn't have been nicer. For the price, this was a fantastic value for business class, and was much better than United First Class to Paris. I hope they stay in business!
RouteParis Orly to Newark
Date FlownOctober 2018

"customer care nonexistent"

Trip Verified | Paris to Newark. Service on board adequate and friendly staff. But the issue was that my checked luggage did not arrive in Newark. From that moment, no feedback, customer care nonexistent. The staff was not concerned and blamed the situation on Orly airport. No support.
Date FlownAugust 2018

"it was a delight"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris Orly. I booked this airline, because my family and I travel to France, once or twice a year. I decided to try this airline alone first. As I got closer to the departure, I decided to read the reviews. As you have read, there are many that are not favorable. I became nervous, because I had a small window of time for my visit this summer and I didn't want to spend it with airline drama. I also want to point out that I travel 50-60K miles per year domestically for work and that I am a Delta Status flyer. Previously I have flown Air France and Delta to Europe. My review of this airline is superb. The check in was uneventful, the lounge was busy (it's summer!), the cabin crew were pleasant and the lite dinner (salad with large shrimp) was good. My arrival was on time (I carried on my bags). Returning, was the same; on time, pleasant and tasty. I am a seasoned traveller to know that things can go wrong; mechanical, weather, unpleasant staff and inedible food. But in this case and on my flight, it was a delight.
RouteNewark to Paris Orly
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Feeling absolutely ignored"

Trip Verified | Paris to Newark. Sitting in a lounge for hours without any information. We are told that there are delays due to possible mechanical trouble. Feeling absolutely ignored. Will never fly with this airline again!
Date FlownJuly 2018

"they really only have 2 planes"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris Orly. We all know what they say "you get what you pay for". However, there is a minimum standard of respect for your customers and I believe the La Compagnie staff just does not get that. My flight last night was supposed to leave EWR at 7PM. After 3 hours of wait in this dirty lounge (with cheap wine, like dirt cheap stuff) they ended up cancelling the flight for a "mechanical" failure. The trouble here is that you kind of expect to be treated like a business class customers (your ticket says business class) but in fact you are not at all. We were offered to go to an airport hotel until they could figure something out, what we didn't know. I politely refuse the offer and went home instead. "We will call you at 6am tomorrow and please be ready to go again". All right, not that bad, its 11PM i am on my way home in a Uber, I'll leave tomorrow. Guess what, none of this happened. No email, no phone call on the B plan, silence. I ended up call them, or being on hold for hours should I say. See the trouble with these little guys is that they really only have 2 planes, thats it. If one fails, you are done. This is the second time this is happening to me in a year. I am a regular on AF. Let's just be real, they are no comparison, Air France is by far better. The seats (specially the flat beds), the services, the lounges etc etc. It turned out i was offered to fly to Paris on XL (the airline) - I politely declined, changed my entire trip..
RouteNewark to Paris Orly
Date FlownJune 2018

"Worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | Flew Newark to Paris. La Compagnie is terrible and a poor excuse for business class. The plane is old and worn, the lounge is cheap and overcrowded and the entire cabin smelled literally of urine. The staff were extremely rude, especially a staff member at Newark airport. Worst airline experience. I will never fly them again.
Date FlownMay 2018

"Zero service"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris. Cancelling flights without calling their passengers, let them arrive at the airport, inform them about the cancelled flight, with no additional detail, other than to show up following at 5am for a 7am departure, with a staff that advertises that it belongs to a 3rd party provider and relegates every question to Paris (what ever that means). Zero service.
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"An absolute disaster"

Trip Verified | An absolute disaster. I booked a flight from Paris to NYC, I was leaving on a Sunday afternoon and booked on Saturday night. My flight (with a different airline) from Warsaw - Paris that morning was cancelled, therefore I contacted La Companie to let them know I would not make my flight. To my great surprise, their Paris office was closed on Sundays and their voicemail stated that the NYC office opened at 9am which would have been an hour after the scheduled flight. When I was finally able to reach out to a representative, they gave me the run around and finally said "sorry, it was a no show". I tried explaining them several times that I had no way of contacting them to reschedule since their office was closed. They were rude over the phone and claimed they would call me, but never did. When I finally reached out one more time to get my flight reimbursed, they once again blew me off with no rational explanation. As the saying goes "you get what you pay for". While it's cheaper than a business class seat on a real airline, it's NOT worth it.
RouteParis to New York
Date FlownMarch 2017

"leg room was ample"

Verified Review | I had a perfect round trip flight from Newark to Paris and back on La Compagnie. Both flights left on time and arrived on time. Check-in was drama free, and we enjoyed the use of private lounges in both Newark and Paris before boarding the flight. The food offering on both legs was very good, and the wines served were excellent. The seat reclines into a near flat bed, and was comfortable enough to actually get some sleep on the flight to Paris. In the sitting position the seat was quite comfortable, unlike most airline seats, and leg room was ample. The cabin crew on both legs was terrific, they could not have been more helpful and polite. I suppose the only "flaws" would be that the movie selection was sparse (I didn't partake, so that didn't bother me in the least) and there was no WiFi (to the extent that works on airplanes). I would definitely recommend La Compagnie - it is excellent value. I flew Open Skies quite frequently to Paris before they were acquired by BA, and La Compagnie definitely fills the void. I also found Newark to be much easier to navigate than JFK in terms of the security screening and the immigration/customs process. My flight landed at 5pm and I had collected my bag and completed the entry formalities in about 50 minutes, which had to be a record.
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Great from beginning to end"

Verified Review | Newark to Paris. Great experience from beginning to end. This is what all airlines should aspire to. It could be that I have gotten used to being treated like dirt by the major US airlines and my expectations are so low but this absolutely blows away any business class service that carriers like American Airlines provide to Europe and its a fraction of the cost. $1,600 vs over $5,000 for American Airlinesbusiness class. The service was excellent all around, the equipment was a 757 that was completely retrofitted with new fully adjustable seats, and the staff was very friendly and professional. The American carriers should be embarrassed. My only complaints is the limited destinations. Please reestablish the London route and expand into EU.
Date FlownMarch 2017