Kuwait Airways

Kuwait Airways customer review

JFK-LHR Business. I flew this airline because it was cheap. Experienced the first unpleasantness at check-in when the ground crew sternly reminded me of the limit of hand- luggage weight - it was only supposed to be 6kg! This could have been said in a more polite and friendly manner. My travel agent said the flight was supposed to be B777 but it turned out to be a tired A340 - seat not comfortable. FA service decent enough.

Kuwait Airways customer review

London to Kuala Lumpur via Kuwait in Economy. The baggage allowance at 32kg fairly generous if you need that much. We booked this after reading other reviews on this website and were prepared for a poor experience it lived up to the billing! The first experience on boarding was of a filthy plane chewing gum on the floor and trays dirty from tea/coffee etc - it was obvious the plane had not been cleaned. The planes are old and much of the inflight entertainment either didn't work or was unwatchable (no sound no picture or if you are fortunate neither) - so prepare some entertainment for yourself. I had ordered a dairy-free meal and was on each occasion given either butter/cheese/yogurt and this gave me no confidence in the rest of the meal being dairy-free. The flight crew were not helpful and in one instance when tea/coffee was being served the attendant serving tea said that he would return to me with coffee (and a biscuit). However he forgot and though when reminded he did return minus the biscuit - when I asked for a biscuit he said he'd already given me one! The food was generally budget quality though water/drinks could be more frequently given out. I found the seats uncomfortable. Some would argue that you get what you pay for - we didn't think it was value for money we will not be flying Kuwait Airways again. We feel it is worth paying more to save the 5-6 hour stopover in Kuwait (perhaps 7-8 hours on overall travel time) and getting a better level of service.

Kuwait Airways customer review

Disgusting service throughout the volcanic ash period. We were due to fly back on 17 April from Manila and were told by a Kuwait Airways spokesman flight cancelled. He said natural disaster not our problem and walked away we were not even offered a drink of water never mind a hotel food or drinks. We tried telephoning all next day they would not even pick up the telephone. We traveled the next day to and from Kuwait Airways at great expense and were told we would be contacted when a flight was available. Eventually we were given a flight with Etihad Airways on 4 May - we will never fly with Kuwait Airways again after being treated this way. It has cost us an absolute fortune.

Kuwait Airways customer review

Ridiculously cheap fare LHR-KWI-KOC returning TRV-KWI-LHR. Connection time in Kuwait was reasonable and all flights on time. Flights full in economy but staff were pleasant enough and food was standard economy fare. The aircraft interiors were clean and seemed fairly modern. I noticed a few seats that did not recline properly and was aware that some people had problems with their in-flight entertainment systems. Maybe I was lucky? If you want to take a lot of baggage the baggage allowance is 40kg! I have never travelled with Kuwait Airways before but the trip was remarkable value for money over the Easter period. No alcohol served on board it being a Muslim airline.

(Thailand)

BKK-KWI-LHR. Check-in and boarding at Bangkok efficient and courteous. Cabin crew polite and the meal especially enjoyable. The economy section of the cabin was clean and tidy. I don't think the in-flight entertainment was working but I wasn't really too bothered. 7am airside at Kuwait Airport there are a few duty-free shops to wander around and food and beverages courtesy of McDonalds Pizza Hut and Costa Coffee. The on-site bank changes money and there are public telephones operated by phone cards than can be purchased in the adjacent shop. There is no internet cafe at the airport so if you need to check e-mail etc you will need to bring your own machine and use WiFi. Transit passengers get a voucher to use in the canteen on the mezzanine level. But with 5 hours to kill I went to the visa desk instead and bought a Kuwait visa (3 KD). This allows you to go through immigration into the attached shopping mall. However aside from a slightly better choice of food and shopping there is not a massive amount to be gained from venturing in there. KWI-LHR left on time B777 was more comfortable than the A340 from Bangkok. The crew were attentive and quite entertaining food and snacks better than average. The in-flight entertainment was functional this time although clearly in need of upgrading. Kuwait Airways offers a good value service that is efficient and on-time. Non-smokers may not appreciate the ambient fug of cigarette smoke inside Kuwait Airport and the facilities there are a little sparse although the people generally quite friendly and helpful.

Kuwait Airways customer review

Appalling customer service throughout the chaos surrounding the closure of airports due to the volcano ash. Very poor communication on their website and through their offices. Staff do not even pick up their phones in the London or Dhaka office. We visited the office in Dhaka and was met with such arrogance and lack of helpfulness. The Dhaka office apparently cannot even confirm passengers get a flight back on as this instruction comes from Kuwait office. Kuwait office won't speak to staff except branch managers and there is no branch manager in Dhaka because he is absent. Flights to Geneva is being offered with they are not offering to pay for connecting flights from Geneva to London.