Kuwait Airways

"wasn’t enough leg space"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Lahore via Kuwait. I have recently flown with Kuwait on a return trip to visit family. It was extremely difficult to book a child’s meal and I was unable to on the outbound flight. I managed to book it over the phone for the return flight after explaining to them that I was unable to do this in their website as I couldn’t enter my child’s date of birth. The seats were comfortable however there wasn’t enough leg space on the flight to relax properly. The outbound flight was delayed by 90 minutes which almost caused me to miss my connecting flight at Kuwait. There was no WiFi available at Kuwait airport to use. The washrooms at Kuwait were dirty and the water taps weren’t working. It was also extremely difficult to find the correct terminal on the return flight as it wasn’t signposted clearly enough. The meals on the flight and entertainment were fine and the aircraft staff were polite. All information was available in the aircraft.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon Heathrow to Lahore via Kuwait
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Improved cabin as aircraft was new"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Flew Kuwait Airways from Jeddah to Bangkok via Kuwait. Improved cabin as aircraft was new. Mediocre but decent food. The problem is the layover in KWI. They are using the old airport still with less facilities. I only have an hour stopover, arriving at the airport, there aren't any signs directing you to your next gates for departure. On my return, the gate number on my boarding pass was not the same as the actual gate used. Good thing I was alert and looked around as there is no one waiting outside the mentioned gate. KWI-JED route, I think there are less than 50 passengers only.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJeddah to Bangkok via Kuwait
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Customer service was rude"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Delhi to New York via Kuwait through Kuwait Airways. On 29 Oct 2018 I missed my connecting flight because my flight was delayed from Delhi by more then 70 minutes. Although my connecting flight (KU117) was there when our flight reached but they didn’t allow us to board the plane. Customer service was rude and pathetic. One of the help desk agent told that they are used to this. Many passengers asked for managers but he never came.
RouteNew Delhi to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Customer service was rude"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Delhi to Delhi to New York via Kuwait through Kuwait Airways. I missed my connecting flight Because my flight was delayed from Delhi by more then 70 minutes. Although my connecting flight (KU117) was there when our flight reached but they didn’t allow us to board the plane. Customer service was rude and pathetic. One of the help desk agent told that they are used to with this. Many passengers asked for managers but he never came.
RouteDelhi to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownOctober 2018

"missed the connecting flight"

Not Verified | Flight departed 1 hour late from the original starting point hence the 1 hour layover at Kuwait was missed and hence I missed the connecting flight from Kuwait. Initially the staff didn't take any responsibility and only offered the same flight the next day and hotel accommodation but I had to reach COK urgently. After 3 hours of struggle, talks and debates a manager turned up and people who didn't have to travel urgently were sent to a hotel and the rest of us were booked onto an alternative airline (Oman in my case via Muscat) which would get me to my destination 9 hours later than my original itenary, had no choice!
RouteLondon to Cochin via Kuwait

"wait another 15 hours"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Kuwait. It was just little bit raining that’s why they cancel flight. We were waiting more than 5 hours then they cancel the flight. I have to wait another 15 hours for the next flight. What should I do now since I live very far away from JFK and they didn’t even offer for hotel.
RouteNew York to Kuwait
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"forgot my luggage in Kuwait"

Not Verified | New York to Delhi via Kuwait. Water Bottle not provided in the flight so every time you want to drink water you have to call the flight attendant and she will bring a small glass of water for you. Flight delayed 1.5 Hr and second time it delayed 1/2 hr. They forgot my luggage in Kuwait, though it had a tag of Delhi. They are not picking my call. Vegetarian food is not available, you have to give special order for vegetarian food. Mostly food was halal and pork free. Too much of crowd, if you are travelling in economic class you have to be in a long queue for every check-in boarding. Blanket will be provided to those who ask for it. It was WiFi equipped but paid so I don't know how was the speed. For entertainment it had decent number of nice movies. Movies in english Islamic Hindi but subtitles available only is Arabic. Announcement were mainly in Arabic and English.
RouteNew York to Delhi via Kuwait
Date FlownJuly 2018

"three seats to myself"

Trip Verified | New York to Dubai via Kuwait. Before booking, I had read many reports about the improved Kuwait Airways and unbeatable price. I was unsure what to expect. The check-in was a breeze at JFK and the agent said it was a light flight with about 35-40% load factor. That was surprising being just a day before Eid. Boarding was easy, and the aircraft pushed back 15 min before schedule. JFK-KWI flight, the aircraft very clean and seats comfortable. Legroom was fantastic. I managed to get a window seat and had all the three seats to myself. Rather almost everyone in the aft cabin had 3 seats to themselves. Individual TV screen was very responsive with a decent collection of programming. The crew was friendly and courteous. Menus, blanket, and basic amenity pouch handed out. Food was ok but can improve in quality. Was concerned about the short 45 min connection in Kuwait, but the flight arrived about an hour early. Kuwait airport is medieval and dirty with a few coffees and duty-free shops. Security checks are not centralized but occur at each gate leading to long lines and delays. My KWI-DXB flight (B 777-300 ER) was packed and was delayed more than an hour due to long lines at gate security. The short flight was uneventful and were handed out in a takeaway Iftar meal boxes. So, an in all a rather good flight. Return leg: DXB-KWI (A320) was short and uneventful with breakfast boxes handed out. KWI-JFK via Shannon was painful with an 85% load. Long security lines at the gate in Kuwait. One of the Kuwaiti pax who I chatted with was like - this flight is always delayed. Multiple security checks and verifications. Lotta connecting passengers mostly from South Asia and some of them didn’t know the flight had a stopover at Shannon. Lunch served, and amenity kits handed out. My choice of meal had run out but was nothing great. All pax deplaned at Shannon to go through multiple hellish security points and get back in about 2 hrs. It just gave time to stretch and use the toilets. Cabin crew was cheerful and courteous but I asked for blankets and was told none remain, however at the time of deplaning at JFK found an open overhead bin full of blankets. Verdict: Decent airline but Kuwait airport needs an urgent upgrade. Shannon stop over is painful. Yes, fantastic price, beating some of the major middle east airlines by 35% on this route. If you’re not budget constraint choose a better airline for this route.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteNew York to Dubai via Kuwait
Date FlownJune 2018

"the worst customer care service"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Jeddah via Kuwait. It's the second time within a few months that my connection in Kuwait City could not be reached, due to delay from Frankfurt. Every time I had to stay over night in Kuwait City. The first time I received only a registration number from their customer care service, when I entered my complaint on their website. I asked several times for a response, but they never send me an answer for my first complaint. Currently on 19.06.2018 it was the same situation again. But now then even don't send me a registration number for my second complaint. You have always to fight to get a hotel room for the over night stay in Kuwait. The first time they forced me to share a hotelroom and a double bed with an unfamiliar person. It's the worst customer care service I have ever recognized in my life. I don't expect to receive now any response from them. My advice is, avoid this airline, if you expect an airline with an acting customer care service!
RouteFrankfurt to Jeddah via Kuwait
Date FlownJune 2018

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to JFK via Kuwait. Worst customer service. I didn't get a blanket even though I was feeling very cold and on requesting - I was told first older peoples would get and finally I was told all blankets are over. Coming to food I am a vegetarian and cabin crew ran out of vegetarian food and were asking me to try other options as they don't have vegetarian food. When I insisted I don't want non vegetarian food then after half an hour when everyone finished their meal they gave me vegetarian meal and that too it was very very limited quantity. Same thing applies to soft drinks. Very cheap and unprofessional staff. You have to tell them 2-3 times at least if you need anything be it water or any other help.
RouteMumbai to JFK via Kuwait