Kuwait Airways

"poor service they provide"

Trip Verified | London to Kuwait City. On arriving at Heathrow terminal 4 (1.17 hours before my flight departure) I was told by a rude man who works for Kuwait Airways that my flight had closed. He said I was too late to check in. He said the desk were checking in passengers (the people in the queue) for a later flight. He told me that I could not join the queue and I could not speak to another member of staff on the check in desk. I informed him that it was over an hour to my flight departure therefore I was not late. He said I was, and that I needed to step aside, “go over there” waving his hand dismissively and book another ticket for a later flight. Most people with a hint of empathy can imagine that at this point I was upset and anxious as I weighed up both the financial implications due to purchasing another ticket, and the work implications as a result of arriving in Kuwait a day late and missing work. Therefore, I ignored this inept Kuwait Airways employee, and spoke to a woman on the check in desk. My attempts to reach her were comical as he attempted to block my path the whole way while raising his voice to bark orders at me. To my surprise, the woman at the desk informed me that my flight was open. Even more outrageously, everyone in the queue was getting on the same flight and the people joining the queue after I had arrived were also getting on the same flight. It was at this point I joined the line to check in. The same staff rushed over to what I later learned was his supervisors during my exchange with the woman behind the desk. He later returned at my side to inform me that he would “allow me” to check in, but the incident was my fault, I should have got there 1.20 hour before the departure time. It was a misunderstanding, but It was my fault! Needless to say, I was astounded! I complained to his line manager who was also very unprofessional and obviously his friend, so I have placed a formal written complaint with their superiors. I have never experienced such incompetence by an airline. I would recommend other potential passengers consider if they really want to fly with this airline. The low star ratings and negative feedback from other passengers is reflective of the poor service they provide. The only positive in want was an experience that almost brought me to tears was a lovely woman who checked me in. She was very effective and embodied excellent customer care. If Kuwait Airways recognised and promoted their good staff rather than allowing a clique of obnoxious inefficient people to rise to higher front line positions, they might be able to start turning around the substandard service and negative feedback from their customers.
RouteLondon to Kuwait City

"their horrible service"

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Delhi. Never fly with Kuwait Airways. No responsibility for connecting flights. They might have better prices but they will compensate with their horrible service. Flights are overbooked so they would off load you and give you the next flight on the next day. And in this process they misplace your luggage and promise to get it delivered to your door steps however eventually charge you for the delivery.
RouteKuwait to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"don't care about customers"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Dubai via Kuwait. Very spacious legroom for economy but frequent Late flights. IFE had a small selection of movies, cabin Crew extremely rude and unprofessional. Ground Staff rude and unhelpful. Transfer experience at Kuwait is confusing and difficult. Kuwait Airport lacks many facilities common in most international airports Review: I initially booked this flight because it was the cheapest option to Dubai, around $60 cheaper than the competition; big mistake. I did not have a single flight with Kuwait, either on my way to Dubai or back that was on time. From JFK, my flight was delayed for 3 hours, causing me to miss my connection to Dubai. They put us in a Hotel on Airport property, which, although had a good view of the apron, was a sub-par hotel. The ground staff do not know how to do their job correctly. They are rude, and the airport lacks proper signage. You are bussed around from terminal to terminal with no real staff presence to guide you. We almost missed our flight to JFK because the gate was labeled Mumbai, so we didn't know that it was intended for New York. Kuwait Airport doesn't even seem qualified to be a domestic airport, lacking proper signage and two distant terminals which you're bussed around in. Ground crew does not care about you, and show no interest or courtesy when dealing with you. The same can be said with the cabin crew. They are rude, and do not know how to treat passengers. The meal timings are horrible, as they leave many passengers extremely hungry for long hours on the plane, and water service is extremely selective. You'd think an airline knows when to give out water and food. They also gave us no details about our stop in Shannon on our way back to JFK and could not be seen for much of the flight. The only good part about the flight was the legroom, which was spacious. However, that is not a reason for booing Kuwait over any other competent airline. Do not book Kuwait, they don't care about customers and lack the competency to even communicate basic necessary facts to customers.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteNew York JFK to Dubai via Kuwait

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | New York to Kuwait via Mumbai. Worst airline ever, no respect for customer comfort. There was water leaking in the flight. Then on Kuwait airport where I was shuttled 2 between transit center at one end of the airport to the gate at other end where one is supposed to take the terminal transfer bus. With no absolute coordination between the staff for execution of a smooth journey.
RouteNew York to Kuwait via Mumbai
Date FlownDecember 2018

"we faced the rudest staff"

Not Verified | I traveled from Dubai to Islamabad via Kuwait with my wife and we had one of the worst experiences. Our flight was delayed for an hour and by the time when we arrived to Kuwait we missed our flight to Islamabad and our nightmare started from there - we faced the rudest staff, we have been given one of the worst hotel. If you missed your connected flight because Kuwait Airways have no mercy, they will treat like your fault you missed your flight.
RouteDubai to Islamabad via Kuwait
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Never ever fly this airline"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever travelled in. Took flight to Paris from Delhi via Kuwait in September 2018 and back in December 2018. All flights were delayed with no correct and timely information from the staff. Technical failures are very common. For some unknown reason Kuwaitis are fond of security checks. Everytime to board a flight we had to go through security twice for no apparent reason. They have worst kind of customer service and in name of compensation for delay provide sub-standard meals with bread and juice. Even in case of a small protest from flyers security is called who are rude and have no sense of handling the situation. Never ever fly via this airline if you have even little respect for your time.
RouteParis to Delhi via Kuwait City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Poor service on the plane"

Trip Verified | Manila to London via Kuwait. Beyond poor. 9 hours delayed with no prior communication. Not even updated the details online. The flight was delayed as the aircraft had not even set off yet from Manila - so they obviously knew the delay was coming. False claims of poor weather from the airline. On prior flights two weeks before were not much better. Poor service on the plane, no service in Kuwait airport.
RouteManila to London via Kuwait

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Colombo to London via Kuwait. Worst experience ever with an airline. Both flying out for holiday and upon return. We have been lied to about what will happen for our connecting flights that departed without ~30 passengers. Kept waiting for hours only to find out we will not be completing our travel for another 24 hours. Twice. No apologies and no communication.
RouteColombo to London via Kuwait

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Kochi to London via Kuwait. Kuwait Airways is the worst airline ever. First flight delayed and missed the connection flight from Kuwait. Our trip got delayed by 24 hours delay. Hundreds of passengers with similar delays simply being dumped into the airport hotel. Extremely rude behaviour from the ground staff. No apologies offered on both the trips. One of the staff even told us "nobody forced you to book Kuwait Airways". Don't know why and how such a terrible airline exist. Literally taking the passengers for a ride. Do not fly Kuwait Airways. Simply avoid.
RouteKochi to London via Kuwait
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I am positively fuming"

Not Verified | London to Bangkok via Kuwait. I feel sorry for Kuwait having unusually bad weather in November, but that is where my sympathy ends. The decision was made the day before we travelled for the government to suspend work at all ministries, state institutions and colleges etc so why the airport remained open was a mystery. We arrived into Kuwait and there was rain - no more than a typical day in London. Our connection time of 2 hours actually lasted 26 hours and we missed the wedding in Thailand that we were travelling for! There is a complete lack of order in this airport, they have a tannoy system and screens outside of the gates that never got used. They did not communicate to the whole airport that it had been closed due to poor weather conditions instead sending thousands of people to 1 transit desk which had zero queuing. No hotels were provided, nor was basic blankets or pillows, a shocking meal of bread and a carton of juice and then cold plane food the next morning. Nobody working there knew what was going on, the airport continued to let in passengers the following day even with the large backlog from the night before. The airport is obsessed with searches, even though you have been stuck in the airport all night each time you went through a gate you and all your belongings were searched, bottles of water you brought in the airport were taken off you. The place sprung leaks all over with the rain, the floor was hazardous and buckets were all around trying to catch the leaking water. No plane that I caught with them left on time, the staff had a too laid back attitude, no one communicated what was going on, you were told to sit down and relax which is not what you want to be told after a 26hour delay in a airport with no sleep, no blankets and rubbish cold plane food! Return journey was equally a joke, landed into a terminal, searched, put on a bus to drive past planes on the runway, searched another 2 times in 15 mins and then put back onto a bus to go to a plane that we had already gone past - what was the point?! Overall I found the service abysmal from start to finish, there is a complete lack of customer service, no concept of communication and I am positively fuming that the decision not to close the airport at the start of weds was not taken which could have prevented a lot of people getting stranded in the airport. Above all I am so angry that there incompetence meant I missed the wedding of a very close friend.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Kuwait