Kuwait Airways

"I had an awful experience"

Trip Verified | London to Colombo via Kuwait. I had an awful experience flying with KU. Both flights to Colombo via Kuwait City and back to London were delayed, which meant missing my onward connections in Colombo and Kuwait (from Delhi). Got no sympathy nor assistance from KU staff at the very poor Kuwait airport. I ended up re-booking my flight at my own expense in Colombo and being rerouted through Cairo to get to London, which added 7 hours to my journey. I received no apology nor compensation from any KU staff. Their customer service was so poor ,with an attitude of passing the buck, just to get rid of you. Twice,I was promised to be met and assisted at the gate, nothing materialized. This airline must be avoided at any cost, Their staff are poorly trained in dealing with delayed flights and service recovery. As a delayed passenger, you are helpless and can't access Kuwait Airways customer service managers because they don't answer their phones. Anything less than a star in your rating?
RouteLondon to Colombo via Kuwait
Date FlownMay 2019

"barely have any complaints"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Rome via Kuwait City. First time travelling with Kuwait Airways and barely have any complaints. Luggage drop/check in fast and smooth, normal (not incredibly organized) boarding. When it comes to the flights, much more leg space than what you usually get on other aircraft and everything was new. Big screen , not the widest western movie selection but you may find 4/5 movies that you'd like to watch. Food more than decent (good salmon quiche also), plentiful and fruit and veggie tasted fresh. Kind -and really pretty hostesses,I'm a girl and can add that on top! Only given a blanket, face mask and headcuffs. No problem with the luggages. The airport in Kuwait deserves mention: free wifi and free lounge with the comfiest recliner chairs and snacks for economy travelers. Add on top of this (and actually in the first place) a really competitive fare! Would gladly choose again!
RouteBangkok to Rome via Kuwait City
Date FlownMay 2019

"staff is insensitive"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London via Kuwait. The staff is insensitive to the needs of the passengers. My flight from Delhi to Kuwait got delayed and consequently I missed my Kuwait to London flight. I had already made reservations in London for that day but could not avail them. They booked me on night flight to London which meant that I had to stay in Kuwait for about 7-8 hours.
RouteDelhi to London via Kuwait
Date FlownApril 2019

"disturbed by insensitive attitude"

Trip Verified | Flight got delayed at Delhi. Subsequently flight which we supposed to catch in Kuwait, missed and Kuwait Airways allocated different flight which made us to wait at Kuwait airport for 4 hrs approx. We expect some refreshments from Kuwait Airways to mitigate the effects of late hours, we are traveling with whole family and badly disturbed by the insensitive attitude of Kuwait Airways. Crew is good and need more training to get accustomed to different culture customer.
RouteDelhi to London via Kuwait
Date FlownApril 2019

"Be prepared for nasty surprises"

Trip Verified | Kuwait Airways experiment, my first and not a preferred one for another trip. There are few positives throughout the journey, but more negative aspects, will make me think twice before choosing this career again. Aircraft is brand new, maintained in pristine condition. Online checkin experience can be better, no clear steps of how to proceed. First time users, good luck with the process. but won’t complaint. Checkin at the airport was quick and can’t expect anything more. Boarding process can be improved, as there were no clear instructions for the lines. People were impatient and it was a mess. I was traveling JFK-Kuwait-Chennai (KU118). On time flight left the gate, probably since it’s weekend and peak hours we were taxiing for more than 30 mins. This delayed the departure quite badly. Snacks served right after take off, food was very good. Snack and Brunch menu have many options for vegetarians and kids as well. Crew were very friendly and was available to help the needy people. In my flight onboard WiFi was available. It is not free and it’s pay per use. $10-30mins, $20-60mins, $40-180mins. -Kuwait International airport, very unorganized arrival security and transit procedures. One staff handling the entire crowd and verifying the boarding pass. Airport have free WiFi, can be used to get in touch with dear ones. Transit, airport is under construction. You need to find the way around things and figure out on your own. Transit lounges are available, if there is a bigger layover (my case flight delayed by 3hours) you should use the facility. It’s free and has lot of seats. Connection flight, boarding again another chaos. Until last minute no clear information about the boarding gates. Once announced (literally one ground staffed shouted, no proper PA system) all the people came running to the gates. Could have been organized better. Since everyone came in random order, it took lot of time to settle down. Baggage, it could be the time of the day, but almost took one hour for collecting the bags. With the lean crowd, officials were not organized and bags in random order. Overall I will not recommend this carrier for family trips, if you are alone and want an adventurous trip then go for it. Be prepared for nasty surprises.
RouteNew York to Chennai via Kuwait
Date FlownApril 2019

"my experience was great"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Manila to Kuwait, my experience was great. The staff were very friendly at ground and throughout the journey. The seat was very comfortable and the leg room was great. The food was great and plenty. The entertainment system was good but could use some improvement in more variety of movies and music. All in all I would say it is 9/10 but considering the ticket price.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteManila to Kuwait
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to London via Kuwait. Having read poor reviews, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and comfort of the planes and the good service. Both flights were punctual enough and baggage delivery was speedy. Almost my best experience of flight from India to a hub airport.
RouteBangalore to London via Kuwait

"I would recommend"

Trip Verified | We found the best option to go to Istanbul from Bangalore on Kuwait Airways having a transit in Kuwait airport. The trip from Bangalore to Istanbul was very comfortable suprisingly, the food was great, flight was comfy and great legroom in almost all the flights. Kuwait airport was not bad but lacked some basic amenities. Overall I would recommend Kuwait airways
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A320
RouteBengaluru to Istanbul via Kuwait
Date FlownMarch 2019

"probably avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | New York to Mumbai via Kuwait. The two major problems were with boarding, and seat assignments. During boarding, it was a bit chaotic. There is no structured line dividers or anything. It was a big confusion trying to board, and rather tedious. The second was our seat arrangements. We had already reserved a seat online while booking, but when boarding, the agent suddenly changed my seat and my parents seats. We got in the plane, and then 30 mins later a flight attendant asked us if we can switch our seats with this guy who had children. Apparently she can’t seat children by the exit, and that’s fine. But this needed to be sorted out by the airline beforehand. Most importantly, the meals are based by the seat numbers. So when we changed seats like 2 times, we almost got the wrong meals. We had to tell the flight attendant our selected meal preference during the booking, otherwise we would’ve received the wrong meals. I mean it’s a service we paid for. The food was decent though. It was an alright flight for the price of the tickets. However, I’d probably avoid this airline if I could. It’s only worth it if you don’t have another option or are on a budget.
RouteNew York to Mumbai via Kuwait
Date FlownDecember 2018

"It was the worst travel experience"

Not Verified | We traveled with Kuwait Airways recently for the first time from JFK to go to Chennai, India, specifically for a friend’s wedding. We had a group of 7 of us traveling to the wedding, including the bride and groom. Our flight left 3 hours late from NYC and we were told by the team on flight that we wouldn’t miss our connecting Kuwait flight to Chennai and that they wait for even 1 passenger. Sure enough when we got to Kuwait the connecting flight had left and they said they cannot wait for anyone. The next flight was a day later and after pleading they switched the 7 of us to a SriLankan Airlines flight and advised us to travel to Sri Lanka and then to Chennai and told us they were issuing the 7 of us the same flight. After waiting 6 hours in a very disorganized airport, the 7 of us arrived in Sri Lanka to find out that 2 of the members of our party (my husband and I) were issued the wrong flight that left 7 hours later from Sri Lanka. We begged the airlines there to let us on the earlier flight but since it was Kuwait Airways’ mistake we couldn’t get on the flight. After 33 hours of traveling to the other side of the world, we ended up missing our friends wedding in Chennai and the bride and groom lost money on several events they had to cancel leading up to their wedding. It was the worst travel experience we have ever had and we are frequent international travelers. Don’t fly this airlines unless you enjoy nightmares.
RouteNew York to Chennai via Kuwait