Kuwait Airways

"worst airline one could ever choose"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline one could ever choose to fly with. Going and coming back they lost our luggage and no one can help in finding them. Completely ruined our vacation we worked so hard towards. Never again
RouteNew York to Dubai via Kuwait
Date FlownJune 2022

"used the call bell but no one coming"

Trip Verified | I usually enjoy to fly with Kuwait airways. However, in this occasion the cabin crew left me with tray of food for over an hour. I used the call bell but no one coming and all I can see them at the back chatting. I have rung the bell for the second time and yet no one came. Accidentally, one of the crew pass by my seat and ask him if he can remove the empty tray. I also told them i have been calling them for sometime but no one respond.
RouteKuwait to Jeddah
Date FlownApril 2022

"Lousy, irresponsible crew"

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | Recently travelled from Kuwait to Thiruvananthapuram on 24 February 2022. IFE not working. It will work for sometime and automatically shut down. Lousy, irresponsible crew with no idea of about what is meant by inflight service to be provided to passengers. Asked for water multiple times, but none of the crew members responded. We were sitting in row 26. By the time inflight food service reached us, they said only Veg option available whereas our preference was non-Veg. When enquired they said it is over? Later when I was using the rest room, I saw the cabin crew enjoying the inflight meal in their station which was non-Veg. Do they think their choice comes first before passenger choice? When I was trying to put by luggage in cabin luggage area, the area was fully occupied by blankets meant for passengers? No blankets were included in the seat and this needs to be requested?
RouteKuwait to Thiruvananthapuram
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I have ever flown. Kuwait airport transit lounge does not have facility to lie down to have rest although recliner are provided which are very old & poor condition. New York flight was long but air crew was reluctant to provide extra water even did not respond to call attendance,
RouteDhaka to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"the most uncomfortable seats"

Trip Verified | It started with the worst check in I have ever experienced. The check in did last over 3 hours and I barely missed my flight. They told me something is wrong with my papers but they could not explain what, it is just that for the airline it would be fine but the airport in Kuwait requires something. They charged me another 50$ to sort things out. The flight was disappointing too, despite sitting in the "Premium" class the seats where the most uncomfortable seats I ever sat in an airplane. I honestly thought the times of aircraft food are over. Here you get the nostalgia of survival kit like sausages and a tasteless bun with nothing more than butter, the yogurt comes plain too. Staff was nice. A lot nicer that the ground staff in Mumbai. But don't expect them to walk the extra mile. Blankets (on a night flight) are only given by request. Than they wake you up way to early just to show you a movie how amazing Kuwait is with Ferraris and Guccis. I took my time to look through the movies which offers right about what you would expect by now. It could be worse but I would rather play on my phone and write this review. At least the flight was cheaper than most, so I did not expect too much. On the other hand they even managed that I feel like I overpaid for what I got.
RouteMumbai to Kuwait
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Nothing about my request for the refund"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | I am a Chinese citizen living in Bahrain and I was travelling from Bahrain to Bangkok in February in 2020. When my trip ended and time to return to Bahrain, I was refused to board the airplane just because of my nationality. At that time Kuwait government banned Chinese citizens from entering Kuwait due to corona-virus pandemic, which i totally understand. But Kuwait government did not mention anything regarding transit passenger. Besides, I hadn't travelled to China since August 2019, and I had been living in Bahrain since the pandemic began. When the airline refused my trip they mentioned it was a rule from the Kuwait government and they could not provide another trip with another airline to me. So I was abandoned by them, stranded in Bangkok with nowhere to go for a night, and had to buy another ticket to return to Bahrain. Since then I tried to request a refund and an apology, but they only replied once to my email saying the ticket can be rebooked with normal rebooking policy and charges may apply. Nothing about my request for the refund and apology ever since. They do not have a international call center so it is impossible to call them directly when you are not in Kuwait.
RouteBangkok to Bahrain via Kuwait
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"One of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | Paris to Delhi via Kuwait. One of the worst airlines I have ever traveled with. CDG-KWI sector went fine and uneventful. But at KWI airport not a single soul to guide us to the next boarding gate. The change the gates without notice. When enquired with the staff, i was literally shooed away. Pathetic in-flight service. Forget food, I kept on requesting them for a glass of water and they did not even have to courtesy to get me that. They had the seatbelt sign on the whole time to prevent people from getting up. The return flight was way worse. They cancelled the DEL-KWI flight and put us in a hotel after people started complaining. We had by then stood in the queue for almost 3 hours. Next morning they hurdled us away from the airport at 0600 hrs saying we will have an early morning flight. The flight came at 3 pm, and we were made to sit near the boarding gates for the entire time. Again no food no water. At KWI, there was no one around to let us know anything about our next flight. We (passengers headed to US/Canada/EU) headed to the transit desk to ask and were then informed that KWI has cancelled all their flights and we will fly by Lufthansa the next morning.
RouteParis to Delhi via Kuwait
Date FlownApril 2019

"a good experience"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Jeddah via Kuwait. It was on time. Cabin crew is friendly and responsive. KWI to CMB my screen was not functioning. Better to add some new good films to the system. Overall, It was a good experience.
AircraftA330-200
RouteColombo to Jeddah via Kuwait

"nice meals, nice staff"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Rome to Kuwait City. After reading all those low review votes I was pretty nervous but I just want to let people know that I was really glad to fly with them nice meals, nice staff, I had a really wonderful flight with them.
RouteRome to Kuwait City

"disinterested, unfriendly crew"

Trip Verified | This was a short journey from Qatar to Kuwait and my first time flying Kuwait Airways - left Doha about 5min early and landed in KWI some 20min ahead of schedule. A friendly and warm welcome from the lady (I guess she was the Inflight manager) at the aircraft door and that was where all the pleasantries or smiles ended! The other flight attendants positioned throughout the cabin, looked surly and and greeted 3 of them as I walked to my seat at the end of the aircraft - not a single one acknowledged my “hello, good morning”. The end of the safety video was still playing as we entered the runway for takeoff. Naturally, the cabin crew were not checking seat belts were fastened and seats were up. As for the service, a snack box was offered but neither myself nor a man seating opposite me received it. When the miserable and unprofessional looking crew were collecting the empty boxes, the man seating on the opposite aisle seat to me asked one of the cabin crew if he could please have a snack box as he never got one. With an eye roll and a sigh, the crew member went to the galley and brought the man a box - all this without a word to the passenger, never mind an apology. The kind man on the aisle opposite to me (not travelling with me) even mentioned to the same attendant I had not received a snack box either, however the crew member glanced at me and went back to the galley. I do fly for work about a month ago and I cannot remember flying with such a disinterested, unfriendly crew. I was so thankful it was only a 1-hour flight. I will ask my company never to book me with Kuwait Airways again!
RouteDoha to Kuwait