Kulula

"made the flight comfortable"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Durban. Loved the flight. The take off, journey and landing was splendid and in particular was the cabin crew who were professional and charming the whole flight even though it was only 45 mins. They made the flight comfortable and enjoyable
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"my seat had been changed."

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg, Our flight was operated by Comair, therefore this needs to be taken into consideration regarding the following review. After 2 hours of delayed take-off standing at the gate, the clerk tells me my seat had been changed. Usually one couldn't do much I guess, but this time I specifically paid for a seat in the front section in order to leave early upon landing. Everyone was stressed an I didn't want to fuss too much around, so they gave me a number to call later to get my refund. Great they give me the job to arrange my refund. The next day I call, they tell me a story, I have to write an email etc.. It's a typical situation where the customer gets pushed around, wasting time to get his rightful refund for a service not provided. I thought instead of writing them an email, with all the details, I thought it would be better to go public about this and warn against their paid seat service.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"delayed by 3 hours"

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. Flight delayed by 3 hours. Checked in online with aisle seat only to be given a middle seat at the check in counter. Rude check in agent. It took me 3 attempts to get an aisle seat again. Cramped seats, unfriendly service. Use South African Airways for a better service!
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"the worst low cost airline"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. By some distance the worst low cost airline in South Africa. You have almost no chance of being on time for any flight after midday. Terrible legroom. Avoid!
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownOctober 2018

"wouldn't recommend it to anyone"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | A month I flew Kulula to Durban from Johannesburg there were delays. Today I am flying Kulula from East London to Johannesburg, we have delays. Kulula is really dropping the ball. I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone even if cheaper. Rather book an airline that is dependable .
RouteEast London to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Long wait. Under staffed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Flew Kulula from Johannesburg to Durban. Long wait. Under staffed. Rude. Asked for seat with leg room and he put me in back seat with no leg room. Awful. This isnt the first time. Particularly poor is the attitide of the check in staff. Also not well presented or dressed but mainly lack of service.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"changed the check-in times"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Durban to Lanseria. My wife was at check-in 40 mins before flight and only found out then that Kulula changed the check-in times from 30 mins to 45 mins before departure. No Kulula employee was willing to help even thought she had a small bag which could be taken in as hand luggage. This happened on the 13th Nov 2017 and I emailed Kulula on that day and to date I have not received any response. Pathetic customer service from Kulula.
RouteDurban to Lanseria
Date FlownNovember 2017

"low cost that gives a fair service"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Durban to Johannesburg with Kulula. Nice to be honest, simple planes, old, but crew were nice and not aggressive. Flight on time, a low cost airline that gives a fair service. Fast check in. 45 minute normal flight. Plenty of space for the bags.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownNovember 2017

"customer service is deplorable"

Verified Review | Had a very bad experience with Kulula flying from Johannesburg to Cape Town. I had picked exit row seats when purchasing the tickets months in advance. When we go to leave the bags at the counter they said the flight had changed. They reassigned seats and I asked them to make sure to give us exit row seats. They agreed and said we had exit row seats. One of our group had a check in bag 2 kg over the limit. The other check in bags were 6 kg, 2 kg, and 1 kg under the limit. But they said for the 2 kg overage which would cost us R300 or we have to move things around. So after 5 minutes of shuffling things around they say we are good to go. Once we get onboard we realize not only are these not exit row seats but we can not recline the seat back. Customer service is deplorable.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownMarch 2017

"service little unprofessional"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | I experienced over 2 hour delays on both Kulula flights to and from George from Johannesburg, which caused extreme dissatisfaction as plans had to be rearranged and some fell through. I also checked in online but my seats that I had specifically chosen were disregarded as another aircarft had to be used. The service was in my opinion a little unprofessional and I found it really disappointing as I felt that I did not get my money's worth regarding both flights. Not very keen to use this airline again as delayed flights seem to be a pattern.
RouteJNB to GRJ