KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

KL1477 on Feb 26th. After having issues with the booking the KLM customer service support staff were very slow to respond (certainly not within 24 hrs as claimed) and the responses were unhelpful. The actual flight was ok and close to on time (slightly delayed) in flight beverage/snack service was good. However the KLM website stopped recognizing my frequent flyer code (and all partner airline codes from what KLM tells me) and I have not been able to select my seats for 1.5 years since they had a website change in Nov 2012. To select a seat I must contact KLM directly for each flight which has proven problematic repeatedly. I found the customer support to be something that needs improvement both with the level of service and the consistency.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

First and last time flying KLM. Terrible outbound and inbound experience. 8 day round trip. Outbound flight from Heathrow cancelled and I had to be rebooked onto an alternative airline with a 12 hour delay. Due to fly out on 15/02/12 on flight KL1000. Due to fly back on KL523 leaving Lusaka on 25/02/14 inbound flight grounded in Lusaka (Lusaka-AMS) for 24 hours! Poor communication from staff. I had paid for Economy Comfort seats lost them at connection in AMS. Terrible food service AMS to LHR - only egg sandwich served. My daughter doesn't eat egg and when asked for a biscuit or something else we were completely ignored. Supposed to connect from AMS to LHR on flight KL1017 on 25/02/14 but ended up on flight KL1007 on 26/02/24. Absolutely awful experience start to finish.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

AMS-GVA 16/2 KL1925 and GVA-AMS 20/2 KL1932. First flight on KLM 737-700 was ok simple breakfast but good quality bread in a small box with tea and orange juice to order all free from charge! Return flight on a KLM City Hopper a bit crowded in a loaded Embraer 190. Drinks were ok but the food was only a very small. Crew on both flights were ok.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

We recently returned from Malaga Spain on first Transavia Air Flight 2648 on Feb. 15 2014 to Amsterdam and then transferred to KLM Flight 301 to Montreal. My husband had suffered a severe leg injury the previous week and had a very difficult time walking. When I mentioned this to the staff of Transavia Air I was reassured that a wheelchair would be available and assistance given for our connection. This was handled expertly with compassion and care. Arrangements were also made by KLM for assistance to exit the plane retrieve baggage and connect to bus for the final leg of our trip to Ottawa. All staff on both planes were helpful courteous and made a long journey much easier.

(Sweden)

AMS-ARN. Check-in went smoothly and the check in agent was polite helpful and friendly. Big plus for the Crown Lounge. The food was nice although there were only two things to choose from. Plenty of drinks though. I know it was a 2-hour flight so I didn't expect much but the service onboard was so so. Nothing special. I got my drinks and my meal nothing more. And please if you only serve cava on short haul flights then don't call it champagne please. I had some issues when I booked my flight. KLM promised to get back to me but they never did. Although I really enjoyed the lounge at AMS but because of issues during booking process the customer service the service onboard in the class I was traveling in I will try to avoid KLM in the future.

(Denmark)

AMS-MEX-AMS. Seated in Economy Comfort. Very spacious leg room. Seat a bit narrow. The seat was very hard and was uncomfortable after a short time. From AMS food was good and tasty with good presentation. On the flight back the food was below acceptable with same side dish for both dinner and breakfast. Inflight entertainment fine without being extraordinary. Cabin service was fine but not extraordinary.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Flew LAX-AMS-JNB on Jan 22 2014. Flights were on time. Cabin crew superb. Polite friendly and provided service with a genuine smile. Inflight meals were good. VOD on B747 Combi from LAX-AMS did not work in our row. Crew made every effort to fix the problem. VOD on B772 from AMS-JNB poor picture quality. Economy class seats on both aircraft similar so comfort levels are adequate.

(Sweden)

KL723 AMS-HAV business. Adult couple: We could not have been happier with our flight. Remarkably friendly staff and the most tasty food we have been offered on a flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Amsterdam to San Francisco in a B747-400. Check-in was quick and easy the waiting was not so long due the amazing airport. The waiting time at the gate was not long. When we had boarded and found our seat we had a small delay due to seating problems. In the air we got beverages and delicious food. The personal entertainment system did not have amazing movies but that was because there weren't good movies that time of year. A good detail was that you could not look at the screen from the person sitting next to you. After a small amount of time they where handing out warm meals. I chose chicken with a beverage of my choice and after they collected my empty tray I got a bucket of vanilla ice cream. By the time we got to our luggage it had already been taken off the belt.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

BHX-AMS return. Online check in worked perfectly and I was able to upgrade my seat at low cost. Friendly cabin crew. Outbound on Embraer full flight but crew served drinks round and a waffle during the short flight. Arrived exactly on schedule and bussed to terminal quickly. Return on 737 again selected an economy comfort seat plenty of legroom in seat 5a. Sweet or savoury snack offered along with drinks service on 50 minute flight. Aircraft very clean. On time arrival at BHX. Overall could not fault anything on these services.