KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

(Ecuador)

UIO-AMS-GVA-AMS-UIO. UIO check-in and boarding were excellent but amazed me only two ground agents were using KL uniforms the rest were with common clothing helping passengers. Flight to GYE a beverage service was provided buy service excellent. At GYE boarding was also excellent and flight to AMS: excellent on board service from flight attendants dinner and breakfast provided with good food as tasty as this can be on an airplane free spirits served with dinner inflight entertainment excellent. At AMS to GVA boarding was excellent snack provided also excellent service from flight attendants. GVA check in was good not as excellent as at other flights but no boarding pass was provided for connecting flight as check-in agent told me she was unable to issue it. GVA boarding was good but not as in previous flights many people boarded when they should not. Good breakfast provided on flight to AMS and excellent service from flight attendants. Arriving at AMS only machine check-in was possible to obtain boarding pass not issued for connecting flight but pre-reserved seat one month in advance was not honored instead an aisle was provided; as a claustrophobic I always need a window seat but agents at AMS gate told me there was not a possibility to give my pre-reserved seat neither another window seat and only a not sincere "I'm sorry" was provided. Flight to UIO was very good flight attendants service excellent a good meal and refreshment were served free spirits given with lunch inflight entertainment was excellent and for all flights seats were good. Unluckily the aisle seat gave me a not so pleasant flight for reasons explained before this makes me question why the possibility of pre-reserved seats are open when they don't honor them? Not good customer service in this aspect. Thinking if recommending KL to others.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Flew NCL-AMS-FUK-HND with my wife and 11 month old baby then returned NRT-AMS-NCL alone. The service regarding my infant son was fantastic. He was presented with a very cute bib and given a bassinet to sleep in. The stewards also provided baby food for him and hot water so we could make up our own things for him to eat. Also they were quite happy for us to spread a blanket on the floor near the exit for him to play on. It's the third time we've used KLM with our son the second long haul trip we've made with them - and they've been wonderful and friendly every time. No hitches everything smooth and on time and an excellent price!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

October 2013 I flew KLM to the UK from Vancouver Island. I was very impressed with this airline. I had tricky connections coming from the Island on the Pacific to Leeds returning from Heathrow. The service was amazing food was tasty wine great. The only criticism had nothing to do with the airline. The Schiphol airport had a weird system of going from a secure area to a non-secure area only to be frisked again to get into a different secure area. I was going to buy a bottle of duty-free whiskey for a relative but was advised that I was risking it being confiscated as I passed through multiple screens.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

LBA-AMS-SFO/IAD-AMS-LBA. Flew with KLM as part of our honeymoon in the USA. Both Cityhopper flights were excellent – no hassle quick decent snack and good attendants. Transfer going out was a bit tight but comfortable with a brisk walk and knowing your way through Schiphol. Boeing 747 to SFO was a little dated the IFE in my seat didn't work due to a broken audio input socket (not ideal on an 11 hour flight!). Luckily the gentleman on the aisle agreed to move to the only remaining seat on the plane had this not happened I think I would have lost my mind with boredom. Flight attendants were great - brought us a couple of glasses of champagne from Business Class for our honeymoon which was a nice touch. The journey back from Dulles was a different experience. Modern 330 again good selection of IFE. Cabin crew weren't particularly friendly - gave the impression of doing the bare minimum didn't want to ask for anything extra. Food was also a lot better going out than on return Our transfer at Amsterdam was scheduled to be 50 minutes between flights however with our first flight being 10 mins late and with taxiing etc we only made our flight to Leeds by 4 minutes with a sprint through Schiphol. There was no help in the terminal available or information to help us get there and the KLM staff at the gate made us to feel it was our fault we nearly missed the connection. The luggage wasn't so lucky – no apology was given but they did arrive at our home in Leeds later that day. I would only use KLM again if they were the most competitive - a very mixed experience and the transfer issues at Schiphol have seriously put us off.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Terrible experience and we haven't even gotten to the airport yet. We had assigned seats. When I checked in online one of our seats was changed to the back of the plane. We paid for upgrade to Economy comfort in the front of the plane. KLM changed the seats - no explanation no effort to make the change. We are going to have a great time at the airport tomorrow.

(Austria)

VIE-AMS- SFO return. We booked (my Wife and me) a Delta Ticket all flights operated by KLM which provides an overall good trip experience. Everything very good on board! Friendly Staff acceptable seating good catering. But both directions long haul flights the seats reserved during booking process were not any more reserved during check in. On AMS SFO it was a minor issue because of availability and assignment of two other seats located together. On the return it was worse. Assignment was 15 rows between the seats. To solve the topic found out during internet checkin I wanted to use the customer service hotline during check in which was not available by phone despite of 20 minute Queuing at the phone. The other communication methods offered by KLM (facebook communicator were not accessible from my mobile device using for internet check in). I solved the problem afterwards by myself finding close seats and negotiating with other passengers. All checked luggage from VIE to SFO delayed for one day because of baggage transfer problems in AMS despite of on time arrival of the aircraft VIE-AMS.

(Norway)

We bought tickets to fly round trip to Amsterdam from Oslo. My husband inadvertently pressed the wrong day for return but immediately called them within 5 minutes. They changed the date but made us pay 270 euros for the change refusing to consider an honest mistake. We received an email saying our day was changed. On the day of return we arrive at the airport and after waiting in line for 30 minutes we were told that we don't have a booking. We had to then go to another line to purchase our ticket and had to pay the difference of 270 euros again. We were told at that counter that we don't have to pay for our luggage as we are Delta frequent flyers but the lady at the luggage drop off refused to listen and made us pay 30 euros but after paying it our bag was returned due to an error so we went to another full service counter with our baggage where we were told we shouldn't have to pay for luggage. So now we have to claim the 30 euros online. So frustrated and disappointed with KLM. The ground staff were trying be helpful but were disconnected from each other.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I flew from LA to Amsterdam. The service and entertainment was excellent. They had many options for movies and music! There was no need for me to ask the staff for anything since it was offered to me. The staff were friendly attentive and courteous. I had the best yoghurt I have had as well my favorite alcoholic drink. My economy class truly felt like premium economy or business class.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

KWI-DMM-AMS-MME Economy Comfort. I have worked in the Gulf for almost 3 years now and have only recently started flying with KLM. I generally use Saudia and have sometimes flown with Air France but I wish I'd decided to try KLM sooner. The caring and friendly service on board is great and the in-flight product is proving to be reliably good. Upgrading to Economy Comfort is definitely worthwhile. Seats 11D and 11G on the A330-200 to Kuwait and Dammam offer amazingly generous legroom. The catering service is the same as standard Economy but the options are interesting and have tasted appetizing. KLM also offers wine and beers once flights have departed Kuwaiti and Saudi airspace and these have been enjoyable. Movies on demand include current releases and the newer aircraft have decent sized seatback TV screens. There is no amenity pack - not even a simple pair of eyeshades and a toothbrush - on the overnight sector. This would make a nice difference when you are leaving the Gulf around midnight and landing at Schiphol at 6 in the morning. The in-flight management of services by the Purser was very polished and as previous reviewers have noted KLM seems to offer a solid choice. I took a connecting flight with KLM Cityhopper to Durham Tees Valley and the service was similarly friendly and professional on a Fokker 70 with two by three seating and the option of extra legroom. Bags were checked from Kuwait right through to Durham and the amenities at Schiphol whilst in transit were high quality. It is worth checking the schedule as some KLM Gulf destinations involve double hops and the order of these will vary from day to day. A flight from Dammam may stop at Kuwait before Amsterdam or call at Dammam en-route from Kuwait. If you board at the first call or leave at the second this will add a good ninety minutes to your journey whilst the aircraft is refuelled and cleaned. Passengers travelling onwards do not have to leave the plane and you can stretch your legs on board before additional passengers take their seats but travelling on the previous or the following day might remove the need for this inconvenience. Fares especially the least flexible economy fares have been very reasonable indeed in relation to the overall quality provided.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Had seat 10A which is the front row of the A330-300 which has a huge amount of legroom. Flight left and arrived on time. Food was quite good. Staff very friendly and one of the stewards was gorgeous. I would recommend KLM.