KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

IAD-AMS-RIX (Air Baltic codeshare on the intra-Europe portion) on 9th July returning 17th. The fare was surprisingly low for this time of year (under $900) but the service was top-dollar. Seats on A330-200 were maybe a tiny bit tight but basically comfortable overall (took an aisle seat toward the back with fewer seats in the rows). A full plane but any situations were quickly dealt with by the friendly helpful cabin crews departures and arrivals were quite punctual and connections were handled perfectly. Decent meals (with freshly warmed bread rolls served from a separate basket - a nice touch) and plenty of drinks available throughout the flight. (I don't use the IFE apart from the flight tracker so no opinion there.) All in all on this showing KLM is a solid choice for transatlantic travel - especially at such a low fare.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Sao Paulo - Amsterdam - London and back. Their website was very efficient and online check-in worked fine. Picked up the boarding pass at the airport via self service machine without any trouble. Boarding was efficient and quick. Plane (B777-300ER) left on time. I am not that big but leg (and knee) space was more than enough (considering it was economy). Enjoyed the IFE although I do believe the movie selection could have been better (however it changes monthly). Food was good and I must state that the fact that KLM constantly replaces the snacks on the back of the plane is very good: If you are ever thirsty or hungry you can always find a constantly renewed set of snacks and drinks at the back. I had a good short haul experience (B737-800). Leg space good and nice crew. Nice snacks were served there as well. I had the same experience on return and I must say that I considered KLM a great airline.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Flew SYD-KUL-AMS-ZRH-GVA-AMS-IST-AMS-KUL-SYD in January/February 2013. Flights planes crew ground staff all excellent. Food was enjoyable good and plenty of it. Good range of drinks cheerfully delivered topped up. I was pleasantly surprised by KLM. Their in-flight team is a credit to them. I look forward to flying them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Vancouver-Amsterdam in Business Class. Overall a poor experience. Lounge shared with 5 Asian airlines looked dated not clean limited food/snacks on offer (instant noodle soup) dirty washrooms and cramped seating. Wifi OK. Boarding chaotic. Priority given to family with small children resulted in 40% of all pax moving forward. On board seating unacceptable as to be expected no lie-flat seats. Food and beverage service just acceptable. Not a fan of a Dutch Winter meal (hutspot) offered in mid-summer. Professional friendly Staff. Offering a non stop YVR-AMS service is a big plus. For me the only reason to choose KLM.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

CWL-AMS-CGK in Business Class: delayed out of Cardiff meant very tight connection in Amsterdam with no time for luggage to be loaded. I was offered a night in Amsterdam but couldn't opt for this due to business meetings in Jakarta soon after arrival. Bought a few clothes which I hope KLM will reimburse me for. Luggage delivered to my hotel room in Jakarta the following night. Service on Cityhopper F70 and B777 good and food reasonable. I thought movie choice a bit limited but music choice adequate. on AMS-KUL I thought the service was only average which was unusual for KLM in my opinion. Allowed to remain on board during brief stop in Kuala Lumpur. Looking forward to return flight in August and being able to fly into Cardiff a regional airport close to my home.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Booked and paid for our flights 8 months ahead. Arrived at airport 3 hours before our international flight - they said we were on standby because we didn't book our seats online 30 hours previous. We were on holiday and received no conditions when we booked about having to confirm online. We had connections so they probably had to put us on the flight but assured us we would be well compensated if they couldn't get us on the flight. These people were so rude and arrogant. They did put us on the flight (the one we booked and paid for 8 months out) and then somehow felt we should have been extremely grateful! Then the electronics didn't work the entire 12 hour flight so we got a voucher for 50 euro discount on our next booking. Never again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

YYZ-AMS-YYZ. The economy seats booked in February were changed. On the outbound flight my seat remained the same as booked but my wife's seat was changed to one somewhere else in the plane. We upgraded to two seats in comfort economy. On the return flight both of our seats which we had booked were changed to the row in the middle immediately behind the washroom. Trying to inquire about these changes was time consuming and useless.

(Austria)

Vancouver to Oslo via Amsterdam in Economy Comfort. Aircraft B777-200. Very happy with KLM product. Excellent website where you can select your meal seat and even the person next to you if you use "Meet and Seat". Extra legroom in the Comfort zone and front of cabin with a friendly and enthusiastic steward. A drink with a nuts was served as an aperitif and the meal after that with another drink service. Meal was not large but tasty. Enormous movie and TV selection on personal screen without charge. Throughout the flight plenty of water was served a snack mid-flight and continental breakfast. Transfer at Amsterdam easy and pleasant Good signage nice cafe's and shops. Short flight to Oslo very good. KLM really have a consistent and pleasant economy product now which is excellent value. Transferring at Amsterdam Schiphol airport is much easier and nicer than Frankfurt or London. In my opinion and I fly 80 flights a year on many different airlines KLM really deserves its new 4-star status.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Often fly KLM on Amsterdam - Vienna route either with 737-700's or Embraer 190's. For a limited amount (10-20 euro depending of your Flying Blue status) you can get a premium economy seat on the 737's resulting in 4 inch of extra space making the seat very comfortable. If you're lucky you even can get a seat with extra space in economy if business usage is limited and classes shift forward. Seats on the Embraer are fine as well mostly as it is a 2+2 layout. KLM staff are in general very friendly and often call me by name. Drinks service is ok always giving 2 drinks sometimes even an extra round. Snacks unfortunately are a shame often only providing a small bag of cookies. On the morning flights there is sometimes a sandwich but always the same (cheese spread). Also the lack of a newspaper is a pity. All together the flight and seats are fine the staff are friendly but catering is poor.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I was unable at the time of making my reservation to select a seat due to systems problems. I went to the site that advertises the option of seat selection and selected seats. I arrived at the airport and discovered my selected seats were not available and I was assigned a seat beside the washroom and behind infant row. My seat selection was also changed on the second leg of my journey. False advertising poor contact centre service and the seats are worse than other carriers. The food was really awful. The staff were the only positive attribute. If at all possible I will never fly KLM again.