KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Flown from AMS to LHR on July 11th and from WAW to AMS on August 19th. Both flights on-time. Great customer service on board and at Amsterdam airport from KLM staff. Excellent food and beverages and highly trained and efficient cabin crew. Will certainly recommend and fly with them again in the future.

(Austria)

KWI-AMS with one stop in Dammam wonderful crew everything was above my expectation very generous with food and drinks smiling crew willing to do anything in order to make the passenger feel comfortable. Very reasonable price connecting flight to Vienna was also more than great.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

BRS-AMS-ATL Fokker 70 and A330-300 8/8/13. Flight BRS-AMS on time take off. Cabin crew always friendly on the city hopper service. My son and I were the only ones in BC. Service quick for a short flight 2 drinks and lunch. Arrive AMS on time and bus transfer to main terminal left us with a bit of a rush to D gates. A small delay getting security clearance but still onto plane with plenty of time to spare. Service has clearly improved in the World Business class. Food much better than previous trips all served on a stylish black tray. Service good and with a smile. Had a couple of visits from the flight leader. Generally good experience. Not too many interruptions from flight deck unlike some US airlines. Pretty good entertainment. Not touch sensitive screens but fairly easy to navigate. Great movie choices. Seats are not entirely lie flat but for 9 hour flight they didn't seem uncomfortable.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

AMS-FRA. Good flight on a KLM city hopper Fokker 70 professional crew and adequate flight info during the short flight. Taxi at FRA was very long after landing at remote landing strip (25 min).

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

In general I find the service of KLM terrible. On my last trip from Birmingham England to Amsterdam a stewardess just before we should have begun to taxi for take off came down the isle and said that I was too heavy to sit in an exit row seat and will need to change seats. I am not too heavy the stewardess had called the incorrect name. The other person in the exit row was not much heavier than myself though. The stewardess was followed by the co- pilot who said that we all had to be very quick because KLM was loosing a lot of money waiting. They should not have asked us to leave our seats and they also should not have waited for just before takeoff to do so. I am 6 ft 190lbs. I do not like their seats on their long haul planes. They give me a back ache as it seams that they have a type of lumbar support which I find too low.

(Zimbabwe)

My family and I travelled from South Africa via Amsterdam to Leeds UK. We had requested Hindu meals and I must say that I was disgusted by the food served to us. We were given only vegetarian meals the quality of which left a lot to be desired. A Hindu meal does not mean strictly vegetarian. I probably would not have minded so much if what was served to us was tasty.

(Luxembourg)

LUX-AMS-Almaty return all in 48 hours. Booked economy extra seat 10B a bargain at EUR 67 per flight so ample legroom well worth the money. A330 rather new good and generous catering decent IFE but most of all excellent crew who seem to spot passengers in economy with FF-status. KLM beats Lufthansa hands down in this route in flying experience a pity they do not fly to Almaty daily. Already alone for the crew experience I would not doubt to fly KLM again.

(Bahrain)

Bahrain to Amsterdam via Abu Dhabi. Check in was fast and the flight to AD took of on time. for a 45 minute flight the service was very good the cabin crew were friendly and attentive. Small snacks and drinks were served. AD-Amsterdam was excellent. The inflight entertainment was amazing there was a wide range of movies and TV shows to choose from. Breakfast (pancakes or eggs) was delicious. The cabin crew were extremely attentive and friendly. They all spoke fluent English. Drinks and small snacks were regularly served. My only problem was the seats. There was little legroom and space. Other than that it was an excellent service. Would definitely fly with them again.

(South Africa)

We were booked 3 months in advance Johannesburg to Amsterdam. Arriving at the airport 3 hours ahead of takeoff we were told that the flight was overbooked and we were on standby. This was the first leg of a flight to Barcelona for an important business trip. There would have been serious losses to ourselves had we not been able to travel. No airline has ever done this to us before. Some pleading with the staff got us on to the flight but seated a couple of rows apart. I would never trust KLM with a flight booking ever again. I would arrange my travel plans to specifically avoid travelling with them.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Deliberately overbooked flight from Amsterdam to Vancouver. Would not allow on line check-in said have to check in at airport which I now believe meant they were overbooked. Would not acknowledge this at point of departure Vienna where alternate routings were available. It seemed that the persons bumped all had carry on luggage only - a coincidence or does KLM select by whether they have to get luggage off the plane? After the flight left without us it Took KLM nearly 5 hours to get us an alternate flight now departing the following day. Staff were somewhat apologetic about the long time dealing with this. KLM understaffed the people dealing with overbooking and there were so many overbooked flights they could not manage. They gave us different information one person saying they would assist us to upgrade on return next person saying first had no authority. I will never fly KLM again.