KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I made a late booking to fly Manchester (Amsterdam) Prague on 1st December return on 12th. So far so good. Unfortunately the flight on 1st was delayed - apparently to replace the co-pilot's seat - long enough to miss the connection. I spent a pleasant night in a hotel. The return journey was also delayed long enough for my luggage to be booked on a flight the next morning. In fact I could have made the connection and was turned back at the gate. (The last flight of the day was already full with a waiting list. Another pleasant night at a hotel). I had as it happens arrived at the airport at about 6.30 am for my 1405 flight so I asked if it was possible to take one of the earlier flights. The answer was 'yes' but there would be a charge I declined the offer. Bearing in mind that problems pile up during the day it must surely be to the airlines advantage to get passengers on their way earlier if possible. I had already paid for my ticket I had my luggage with me and I had not yet checked in.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

RIO-AMS-BUD. The first leg of the trip was AMS-FCO with KLM and on to GRU with Alitalia. As a Dutch national living between AMS and BUD I had a separate ticket BUD-AMS that same morning connecting in AMS for above mentioned schedule which was booked through Expedia on a separate ticket. 10 days before departure tried to select a seat and modify the travel class for the leg RIO-AMS to Economy Comfort but could not access my booking. Check- in at BUD airport not overly friendly. Even though I had received an email from KLM alerting me that online check- in had commenced hey could not see any other booking and tagged my luggage only to AMS. Re-checked luggage in AMS but they also could not understand or solve issue. Online check-in Rio to AMS opens some 30 hours prior to departure. Tried to check-in and change seat selection and travel class online to no avail. System would only indicate that seat selection is not possible and check-in should be at airport. Eventually changed that during check-in at GIG which was friendly and hassle-free. Flight itself (GIG-AMS leg) was delayed by more than one hour but arrival was only 30 min behind schedule. Seat (first row of economy comfort) is comfortable enough and recline allows for relatively good sleep. Crew friendly attentive and professional. Plane clean. Food and entertainment sub-par. Would have given a 7 for the experience but for the glitch in the entire booking management process and the abysmal customer service feedback.

(Oman)

MCT-AMS-MCT. This has been by far the worst long-haul flight I have had. Grotty "crown" lounge at MCT airport disorganised and unhelpful ground staff. Aircraft was an old Airbus A330-200 very cramped seats. No amenity kit for a night flight no special food for Premium Economy pitch size is nearly the same as regular economy. Our flight arrived 1 hour late at AMS with no apology. Return was horrible. Incredibly rude ground staff at Schiphol access to lounge has been denied to me despite of Sky Priority access and Premium Economy ticket. Security staff ignorant and incompetent. I could say the same about cabin crew: impolite. Same A330-200 we were packed like sardines. Food inedible and served cold. My IFE was not working and was never reset. My luggage was missing at MCT and only came 2 days after with no apology. Never again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

MSE-AMS-LIM-GIG-AMS-MSE Economy. Headed to Lima Peru and was surprised to find no direct flights from London and didn't want to mess about in Miami or travel with Iberia long haul from Madrid. So used the newish route from Manston (Kent International) near Ramsgate for short 35 min hop to AMS for a no trouble connection for direct 12hr flight to Lima. Manston is a pleasure to fly from tiny airport with KLM only operator on small 80 seater jet. To Lima was 777-300 flight full but service was excellent great inflight entertainment and comfortable enough seats for daylight flight. Return flight from Rio was overnight flight another excellent onboard service luckily not full so had a row of 3 seats to self so very comfortable. AMS back to MSE slightly delayed but only took 8 minutes for touchdown taxi unloading immigration customs and in car.

(Belgium)

I fly about 60 times a year with KLM. Service seems to get less and less to a point where it is unacceptable. Last flight was on 7/12 AMS-SHA. After boarding in AMS they left us in the plane for about 3 hours during aircraft repair before we left off. No catering during these hours except for one glass of water and a cookie. Cabin crew was plain rude and uninterested during the whole flight. Makes you wonder whether it is a good policy to put your older staff in the front of the plane.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I flew with my family AMS - Curacao - AMS in the new business class. I have to admit great seats now. Total flat bed! The food is tasty and service is great. We all enjoyed flying with KLM. Surely I recommend it to other travellers.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Barcelona - Amsterdam - (supposed to be Dulles/IAD) - Minneapolis - Dulles. The check in and baggage check in at Barcelona airport was total chaos. The lines were mixed the self-serve kiosks were moody and the staff was pretty cold. Flight to Amsterdam was fine. Got through gate security in Amsterdam 10 minutes from boarding and they moved our gate. Five minutes at the new gate and they cancelled our flight. KLM had given our plane to another flight and cancelled our flight due to "mechanical issues". We were told to sprint down to a transfer desk where they held us in a queue with "no information" for about an hour. During this time they were already re-booking people who had access to the lounges. They slowly filtered us through the transfer desk by handing out "now serving" numbers. It was another hour before we made it to the desk and were told we were being rebooked on Delta through Minneapolis boarding now at a distant gate. Only one of our bags arrived in Minneapolis. We were told the others would meet us in Dulles. Had to stand in line at the lost baggage desk in Dulles for another hour 12 hours after we were supposed to have been in originally. The Delta staff were very helpful but we were told that the bags had never reached them so it was KLM's issue. When we contacted KLM they originally said it wasn't their problem contact Delta. The bags arrived 24 hours later having never left Amsterdam in the first place. This is the second time I have been stranded by KLM in Amsterdam. I was hoping their service had improved in 10 years but unfortunately I was mistaken.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

AMS-DXB-AMS 23/11 and 27/11. Both sectors with (old) MD11 good food and drinks perfect crew inflight entertainment ok but old. Cabin a bit noisy. MD11 KLM will replaced in Oct 2014 KLM have to compete with Emirates A380 on same route which makes it difficult new KLM B787 Dreamliner equipment is coming but we have to wait until 2016.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Amsterdam-Atlanta-Amsterdam. Good food personal TV with lots of programs and movies to choose from. The legroom was not that good in economy but economy comfort has no problems.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

My wife and I fly economy with KLM a lot in most instances we have found this airline very efficient the staff have been friendly and helpful when needed. You do get some flights when there are grumpy staff maybe overworked or tired. Seating is not to bad if you take time to choose your seat when you book.