KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"total waste of money"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Dublin to Amsterdam business class. had bought a semi flex ticket and upgraded at check in to business class. Huge queues for check in at Dublin so would guess many were running for their flights . Did not use the lounge - boarding on time - no air bridge - Seats old and in need of replacing - Aircraft + 16 years old and needs a refurb badly/ The seat had little padding. and standard Y class seats with middle free . Crew ok, went about the job no smiles. catering awful - was totally inedible and was a salad. Couple of drinks served with no problem. Landed on time - bags out first I would not pay for this service for 90 minutes - total waste of money.
RouteDublin to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"good flight and service"

Trip Verified | Flew on the KL 0947 City Hopper from Amsterdam to Belfast. As I had already checked my baggage through from another flight I was able to relax in the KLM lounge. The lounge is quite large and has a very good selection of food, snacks and drinks. The plane was located in a remote area, therefore we had to board via a bus, however the boarding process was quick and orderly. The flight itself was good and the cabin served a small lunch with drinks. We arrived in Belfast 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Overall good flight and service and will certainly try it again.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteAmsterdam to Belfast
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"betrayed as a passenger"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Helsinki via Amsterdam. I have flown to Argentina with KLM before, and I have never had to pay extra for checked luggage before. Especially considering KLM is not a low-cost carrier, I would have never expected to pay extra for checked luggage on an international flight with KLM (or with any other carrier for that matter). When I performed the reservation process, at no time did I see a clear and visible placard stating that baggage was not included in the fare. This should have, in the first place, been clearly stated when I was searching for the price of tickets through KLM. I found out that my luggage had to be paid for at Helsinki airport when I went to drop it off. Furthermore, the fact that checked luggage was not included was also not clear during the on-line check-in process (because I could have corrected it there and paid for it). This is misleading and shows poor business practices on the part of KLM, tricking their customers into viewing low fares that so not include something as basic as checked luggage. Furthermore, they charge so much for the checked luggage at the airport (€60 at Helsinki, and €76 at Cordoba), that the fare ends up being more expensive than competitors. This is quite simply a scam. Also, when I tried to check-in online, I was unable to, because neither KLM, nor the other carrier GOL would allow online check-in. This meant that I was forced to pay even more for the checked luggage at Cordoba airport because I was unable to pay for it on-line (which would have costed less). I am very angry, and disappointed, and feel betrayed as a passenger, by my until-now favorite airline.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Helsinki via Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"On board staff were friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Helsinki in June 2019. Good flight. Good food. On time departure. On board staff were friendly. The flight was delayed due to rain in the Netherland
RouteAmsterdam to Helsinki
Date FlownJune 2019

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Buenos Aires to Mumbai via Amsterdam on KLM. The service was excellent and appreciable. But on the leg from Amsterdam to Mumbai the cuisine on board was only vegetarian in spite of having passengers from many nations. Just because a certain percentage of passengers were vegetarians, this should not be forced on to other passengers.
RouteBuenos Aires to Mumbai via Amsterdam

"Would highly recommend"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Inverness. I have been flying with KLM for a while now and have not had any bad experiences. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Since I have been flying only within the Europe, there is always a choice of a snack and a drink. Even though the tickets are a little bit expensive but I do not regret paying more, as it pays off. Would highly recommend this airline.
RouteAmsterdam to Inverness

"a wonderful trip"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Vancouver. Had a wonderful trip from Amsterdam to Vancouver on flight 681 on January 9th. I would like to thank purser and his whole team for an amazing and memorable flight! Thank you for everything
RouteAmsterdam to Vancouver

"something goes wrong"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Munich. Every 2nd time something goes wrong. Customer service is clueless and not at all customer oriented. It feels like talking to a wall, totally helpless and the customer is not valued. From now on when I have a choice I will book with someone else instead of KLM.
RouteAmsterdam to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Was not happy at all!"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Seoul ICN to Amsterdam. Extremely old aircraft. My seat pocket was partially torn. Seat pitch was really narrow even for a small-framed female like myself. I can’t imagine how a tall Dutch man can manage to sit there for 11 painful hours. The IDF screen resolution was really low, I couldn’t read the English subtitle when I tried to watch “Pavalotti” (subtitles were blurred). Not all the movies listed on KLM website were available. The meal service was mediocre. I asked for both white wine and red wine with my meal, and the FA said, “One drink at a time.” Later, I finished my white wine and called an FA (they finished distributing meals by then), but nobody came. They just ignore your calls. I usually fly with Cathay to Europe, but I couldn’t because of the ongoing situation in Hong Kong, so I chose KLM. Bad mistake! Flying Blue is a joke. You get very little % of actual mileage, and the mileage expires. Was not happy at all!
RouteSeoul to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"The food was outright horrible"

Trip Verified | Worst value for money amongst the vast majority of airlines I have used. I travelled KLM to and from Manila in December 2019. The service on KLM flights generally is a minimum required service level. Staff are polite and practical but adds no elegance or service excellence in any way. The food was outright horrible. I honestly think it was prison grade, a tasteless mushy and grey colored omelette for breakfast and a nasty macaroni for dinner on a 13 hour flight. Really? Can you really not do any better than that. I paid over 1000 euros for a return ticket and got 1 piece of check in luggage. This is unheard of with other international airlines. Are they trying to compete with Ryanair? Perhaps they should measure their standards more by the Middle Eastern airlines. I really wonder whether KLM executives ever travel economy class. If they would I am pretty sure it would be an eye opener and a rude awakening. Whenever I have a choice I will choose other airlines over KLM.
RouteManila to Amsterdam