KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"no business class style of seat"

Trip Verified | This plane is old and there is no business class style of seat. Shocking when you pay business class prices and rewarded with an economy seat with same legroom. No pre take off drink offered. A breakfast box offered for this 50 minute flight. The chief flight attendant was fabulous cheerful and an asset to this airline which made the journey bearable. KLM obviously don’t spend money on planes & cabins. I wouldn't personally choose to fly with them based on this experience and my previous flight from Dammam. This airline is in need of a major overhaul if they want to compete with the Middle Eastern Airlines who have fabulous cabins and young planes.
RouteAmsterdam to London Heathrow

"A tired old plane"

Trip Verified | A tired old plane that seems to been refitted with newer business class seats which are an outdated 2-2-2 configuration so dreadful for window passengers to climb over aisle seated passengers. This is outdated & should be changed for ease of movement & relaxation for passengers. In the days of Covid you get two choices for a hot meal but at least you get a hot meal so it’s a plus here. Staff pretty friendly but disappeared after lights out & never saw them again. Although seat is flat bed you can’t move once lying flat &, it’s very claustrophobic. KLM flying old planes that have not been refitted with the passenger in mind sadly when you compare the layout to the middle eastern airlines who have a far superior product in terms of cabin layouts. It’s an OK airline but not recommended for flights over 6hrs.
RouteDammam to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2021

"The worst flight experience"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | The worst flight experience I ever had. I book a ticket in KLM from Mumbai to Amsterdam. The flight suppose to departure at 2:30 am. But they extended the time to 5:30 due to bad weather, then extended to 7:30am. Then by 8am they said the flight is canceled because the crews are tired. All other flights in the airport resumed their operation by 5am. KLM forced those tired passengers to find accommodation yourself even if it is a covid 19 pandemic everywhere. Everyone needs RT PCR certificates. Most of those certificates going to expire on next day. Most of the people came to Mumbai from different parts of India in domestic flights. After making a lots of issues in airport at-last KLM agreed to book hotel for everyone. And then, hotel transportation was very poor, by 12 pm they only managed to accommodate not even half of the passengers. Then the airline rebooked ticket for every passengers, and it includes travelling via different countries, and transit visa required for those countries. Those selfish crews in the flight made everyone’s journey very pathetic. Then nothing expected about their cabin services when i departure my flight, and i was right. Very poor cabin service. Never ever travel in this flight even-if they offer a free ticket for you.
RouteMumbai to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I would not fly with KLM againv"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Poor experience. Food was below standard. No meat served on both flights. Sandwiches and vegetarian dishes only. I received one sachet of hand sanitiser for the whole 12 hour flight. My bag went missing in Amsterdam. I was not informed and had to find this out by waiting at the bag carousel until the last bag. Worst of all, they took over a day and a half to get my bag. No phone call or apology from any staff. An absolute nightmare to contact a poorly manned customer care portal. The staff were not interested in speaking with me and tried to fob me off with generic web links for me to follow. I would not fly with KLM again after such a poor experience.
RouteBangkok to Dublin via Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2021

"KLM could not care less and offered nothing"

Trip Verified | I changed my return date weeks before my trip. When I arrived at the airport to travel home, KLM informed me I wasn't ticketed (even though I had emails from KLM saying I had a ticket). I spent hours in the re-booking line only to be told they couldn't help me and to call a 1-800 number. I spent the rest of the evening/the next morning trying to rebook my flight since the automated system kept hanging up on me. I was finally re-booked and KLM admitted it was a ticketing issue on their end but I had to spend hundreds of extra dollars and miss work due to their error. To add insult to injury, my husband and I weren't seated next to each other in the half empty plane and I had to beg to get the seat upgrade we had originally paid for. KLM could not care less and offered nothing in the way of compensation except a shrug.
RouteAmsterdam to New York City
Date FlownJuly 2021

"never going use this company again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I am a Turkish Citizen living in Cape Town/South Africa. I have a United Kingdom visa and I booked a flight from Cape Town to Kyiv via KLM. I sent a message by WhatsApp to KLM to ask if I can fly to Kyiv with my UK visa. They sent me a link to check if I need any requirements. And uploaded my documents to the KLM system and the answer I got is "Visa is not required for transit through the Netherlands" (my final destination was London but the reason I was flying to Ukraine was to vacation in Kyiv instead of staying in UK quarantine hotels) So I have been to the airport on time and the KLM staff took my passport and told me to wait. I waited for 1.5 hours and they told me they can't reach head office to ask about my situation. And then they told me they talked to Netherlands consulate and they don't allow me to fly. Today (2 days later) I reached the Netherland consulate and asked about the situation. The answer is "no one called them." KLM staff lied to me and they didn't allow me to board. only told me if i want to fly to Turkey i can but to another country they can't allow. Turkey is also on Red list countries by UK. Why should i want to fly to Turkey. I couldn't fly. My hotel booking in Kyiv is gone. I booked another flight with double price with 2 stops. And I am trying to refund my money back but it is impossible to reach anyone on KLM. They give some answers on Whatsapp but only after 15 to 20 hours later for each messages. I am never going use this company again.
RouteCape Town to Kyiv via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2021

"you show no respect to your most loyal customers"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Not the first time I complain about KLM. Beside their food being the poorest and their new lounge before Covid restrictions being extremely poor now it is even worse than before. The reason for this post is that KLM does not respect it's most faithful customers and makes any FQ status a farce. My status is plat for life. Check-in in Brussels was fine and fast but then when wanting to enter the diamond lounge I was not permitted to enter. Reason was that KLM has no contract with this lounge anymore. When calling the platinum service line I am told to go to pier b next to gate 1 and use the Brussels Airlines lounge. Firstly this lounge is closed, secondly this lounge is in the non-Schengen area of the airport and as I am flying within Schengen to Amsterdam I could not go through as I needed to go through passport control. This means that all business class, as all passengers entitled to lounge entrance have no lounge to go to when flying out of Brussels airport with KLM. Very poor service and you show no respect to your most loyal customers in my case ex customer.
RouteBrussels to Tel Aviv via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2021

"Never flying this airline again"

Not Verified | Never flying this airline again. I never write reviews but this experience was so terrible I had to do this so others avoid this terrible company. We were 3 hours from Amsterdam to Atlanta, then had to turn around due to an “error in a backup system”. Once we landed, we were told to go to a terminal where we waited an hour and a half to even talk to anyone, then another half hour talking to someone to get a new flight and a hotel. Once we finally arrived at the hotel, we were told that they would have to check with the hotel about our service dog. Mind you that the assistant at the desk called the hotel in advance about him. We were given ramen noodles, a small bottle of water, and a stale croissant as consolidation.
RouteAmsterdam to Atlanta
Date FlownJune 2021

" never ever fly with them again. "

(Israel)

Trip Verified | A company with no responsibility, they cancelled my flight 24 hrs before the departure for COVID reasons (and this can happen in other companies too) but the unexpected part was that they didn't respond to my messages/calls in WhatsApp/local office/Facebook/Twitter. they didn't call me or offered me another flight with another company, they simply cancelled the flight and send me a mail. unexpected behaviour from a big company. I'll never ever fly with them again.
RouteTel Aviv to Lima via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2021

"shocked at the unprofessionalism of the staff and airline"

(Kenya)

Not Verified | I will never fly this airline again, I was flying with my family to Canada with a layover in Amsterdam. I had a broken foot, which made travel slightly more complicated, I called the airline several times (was disconnected every time) to book special assistance for the airport. I eventually got through to KLM and the woman whom I spoke with was rude and condescending (saying things like "do you even need a wheelchair" and "you're wasting my time"). She albeit reluctantly booked special assistance for my ticket and I thought that was that until I got to the airport. The flight attendant working there kept denying me wheelchair access despite my ticket saying I needed it and my visible crutches and cast. I had to get a supervisor involved to get the wheelchair I needed (the airport was far too large to use my crutches the whole time). After I finally got the wheelchair and made it to my gate, they helped me onto the plane. I had to repeat a similar song and dance during the Amsterdam layover. I finally made it to Canada and the moment I got home I changed my return flight to another airline. I was shocked at the unprofessionalism of the staff and airline. Please steer clear.
RouteNairobi to Amsterdam via Canada