KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"no customer service whatsoever"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Milan. I was extremely disappointed with my trip. The ground people were very nice, but the other staff or management I needed help from were extremely non-flexible, did not listen, and had no customer service whatsoever. This ruined my experience so much that I have to give a 1-star rating. I have never experienced something like this in my life. I will never fly with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines again. I was shocked by such a lack of customer service.
RouteDublin to Milan
Date FlownOctober 2018

"A fantastic airline"

Trip Verified | Newcastle to Amsterdam. A fantastic airline. Both flights on time, excellent food and beverage service despite only a 1 hour flight time and the most friendly and attentive cabin crew I've had looking after me in 100+ flights. A perfect service. I am taking a longer flight with this KLM next month from Newcastle to Miami via Amsterdam and Atlanta and it's something I'm really looking forward to. A quick word about that; We only had a 1hr 25m layover in Amsterdam which leaves little margin for error and could become a stressful situation with a young child especially as we were flying in on a smaller plane which parks up away from the terminal and requires a shuttle bus to the airport. I called KLM customer service and despite me not having a flexible ticket they have kindly allowed us to travel on an earlier flight meaning that we can now relax safe in the knowledge that we will definitely make our connection to Atlanta. Great customer service.
RouteNewcastle to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2019

"no help was provided"

Trip Verified | I was travelling with my wife and daughter 3 year old from Birmingham to Alicante via Amsterdam. The flight from BHX was late by more than 2 hours. And I was stranded at the airport with my 3 year old without any help. I called the customer care three times; the first two representatives were very rude but got no answer even after 30 min. The ground staff was horrible. They appeared at the gate only after 1 hr and were very unprofessional. The airline could have asked the ground staff to distribute some water bottles to the passengers at least. When I reached at Amsterdam airport, I have to run to the gate with my daughter in the lap for almost 20 minutes because the connection time was less 10 min. Again no help was provided by the ground staff. I was exhausted my back continued to ache for the next 2 days, our daughter was exhausted and my wife was tired. Our first 2 days of holiday in Spain was a complete waste. Also, our baggage was not on the same flight and got it delivered next day at 5 p.m..
RouteBirmingham to Alicante via Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"lovely couple of flights"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Vienna via Amsterdam. I had a lovely couple of flights on KLM. Booked Economy Comfort with slightly better legroom and recline. Cabins were a bit old, but perfectly decent. The crew were lovely, smiley and jokey, and for only £90 for both flights, this was perfectly decent, especially after factoring in the fact that you get complimentary food and drink, and we got 2 services on the flight. Overall lovely, happy and friendly flight and crew
RouteHelsinki to Vienna via Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"searching for the booking option"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Malaga via Amsterdam. I chose a flight, in the following steps they promise I can purchase check in baggage afterwards online but in reality I was searching for the online booking option for one hour and in the end called the company to hear that this was not possible! The woman on the telephone tells me that I have to buy the check in baggage on the airport counter on my day of check in. Worst is that she can't even cant even tell me how much this will more or less cost!
RouteLjubljana to Malaga via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2018

"definitely fly KLM again"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Our family of 9 flew Jakarta to Tel Aviv via Amsterdam and back. Usually for this route we take Turkish Airlines but as we are not happy with Turkish lately, we chose to fly KLM. We are quite satisfied with the service KLM has given us. We were all seated together on each leg, cabin crew were funny and friendly, we were given our kosher meals and the layover in Amsterdam was easy. Also all of our bags came with us on time in Tel Aviv and Jakarta. Only on the return leg Amsterdam to Jakarta (this flight stops in Kuala Lumpur) my IFE screen stopped working. But that wasn't a big deal for me. We will definitely fly KLM again for our future trips to Israel.
AircraftBoeing 737-900 / B777-300
RouteTel Aviv to Jakarta via Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"service was very impressive"

Trip Verified | My first time flying KLM on from Dubai to Birmingham via Amsterdam, the service in both KL428 and KL1421 was very impressive. The cabin crew was very engaged and were friendly. I noticed that most of the women cabin crew to Amsterdam were more mature, but they were switched on and experienced. Breakfast was not that bad, the cost of the ticket was worth it. The inflight movies are updated with recent releases. The selection is not a lot but at least it had the good new ones. Their SMS reminders/ messages are helpful. Plus, they have a Whatsapp account that keeps you on track. KLM thank you for the seamless first experience. Hopefully my return flight to Dubai would be a wonderful experience.
RouteDubai to Birmingham via Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2019

"change was done without fuss or charge"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Arrived from Brazil into Heathrow and asked to be put on an earlier flight. (I was not confident enough to book earlier flight in case my inbound was delayed). The change was done without fuss or charge. I had important work in Amsterdam (photographing my first Champions League game) so the extra time was invaluable in terms of preparation time at the stadium. The flight itself followed the familiar format of a KLM European flight, sandwich and drinks served by as always friendly crew in a well presented 737 cabin. I have flown a lot of these short hops with KLM in the last 2 years and its a really nice way to fly. Flight was expensive but I did only book it 48 hours before.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"a very comfortable flight"

Trip Verified | I had a great flight with KLM from Tokyo to Amsterdam in Business Class. Decided to upgrade during online check-in for a reasonable amount of Flying Blue miles because there were a lot of open seats left. Check-in at the airport went smooth and security check was a breeze. Decided to spend some time in the Delta SkyClub lounge but wasn't really impressed by the breakfast they had on offer. Some fruits and bread rolls but nothing fancy. The seating options and the views over the tarmac were fine though. Boarding started on time and immediately after taking my seat the purser introduced herself and offered me a welcome drink. The crew on this flight was great and everything was done with a personal touch. One hour after takeoff lunch was served and the meal was great. After lunch I was able to get a couple of hours sleep in the lie-flat-seat. Think it was pretty comfortable. A second meal could be ordered any time you liked. I decided to try the guilty pleasure burger which tasted good but unfortunately the meat was still cold. After notifying the crew it went back to the oven again and after a few minutes the burger was hot and perfectly cooked. This B777-300ER was equipped with wifi but it didn't work for most of the time, probably because we flew on a very northern lattitude. When flying business class with KLM you also have to pay for using the wifi. Only the very slow message service is provided for free. I had a very comfortable flight with KLM. Their hard business class product is not the most fancy one up to todays standards but the crew really made this flight very special.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteTokyo to Amsterdam

"excellent team leader"

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to London via Amsterdam. First time in Business Class with this airline. Very comfy layover in Skyteam Lounge with wide choice of food and drink. Fascinating to compare in flight operation with recent experience on Air France. More down to earth cabin crew, warmer welcome and more care and attention throughout the flight. Senior Purser excellent team leader. Midnight departure from JNB but they still managed a drinks run, dinner service and second drinks run in less than 90 minutes. Seat too narrow for my shoulders in full lie-flat mode, but slept ok once I put it into recline instead. Excellent breakfast. Arrived slightly early. Only a short hop to LHR but crew still managed to serve a light lunch. Arrived ahead of schedule.
AircraftBoeing 777/737