KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"cheaper than budget airlines"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. Once again, KLM was cheaper than budget airlines on this date. Friendly crew, good selection of movies but once again tasteless food (just a wrap) given.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I was not able to board the flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. My friend and I have had an appalling experience with KLM. Due to an emergency, I was not able to board the flight on that day. In response to this, an employee at the KLM counter had helped us made another reservation on next day. However, when I had arrived at the KLM counter, the KLM employees told me that there were no seats available. Therefore, I have no choice but buy another ticket with other Airline. I worried KLM will cancel my flight for returning ticket. So I contacted KLM, and they promised me that they will have a seat for me but I need to pay some penalty. However, KLM didn't achieve what they guaranteed. When I arrived KLM counter, they told me it was fully booked. I talked to Manager, she told me that what HQ promised to you is not our business.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2019

"cheaper than budget airlines"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. Surprisingly, KLM was cheaper than budget airlines on this date. Despite the short distance flown, there was a hot meal (tasting awful), personal movie screens and 23 kg checked-in luggage allowance. The main complaint might be the boarding process. Zones made no sense, with 90% of passengers in Zone 5.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"I would fly KLM again"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Amsterdam. Our flight was delayed due to a tyre requiring change. We had to disembark but the plane was ready for take off about 1.5 hours later. On flight meal is a sandwich plus one round of drinks for the 2 hour flight. The seats were comfortable for the 2 hour flight, staff were very friendly and professional. Despite the delay, I would fly KLM again.
RouteStockholm to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2019

"impressed by the service"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Buenos Aires via Amsterdam. I was impressed by the service, quality of the aircraft, cleanliness and food. There was just an hour and 15 minutes transit time in Amsterdam but in fact due to a delay leaving from Rome the transit time was reduced to only 40 minutes. Despite this I made it to my flight and even my suitcase made it to Buenos Aires as normal which was a pleasant surprise.
RouteRome to Buenos Aires via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"seat itself is fairly comfortable"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Beijing. Flew on KLM’s new Boeing 787-9, so the cabin overall is new and modern. The seat itself is fairly comfortable and legroom is average (I’m 175cm tall) however, KLM only provide a blanket on long haul flights, which do make trying to sleep harder. The amount of movies and shows available on the IFE is one of the best I’ve seen. While the range of shows is great, most only do have 1 episode. The huge selection and modern IFE is, unfortunately, undermined by the horrible audio quality. I’m not sure if this is true only for my seat, but there was a lot of background noise, meaning that I had to half-guess what the actors are saying (as there aren’t any English subtitles available either). Dinner was served with a choice of beef or chicken (I went for the chicken), which was a little bland in my opinion but the rest of the meal is fine. Overall, I enjoyed my flight, however, there's nothing about their service that would make me pay extra to fly with them, but it's definitely an airline to choose when the price is right.
RouteAmsterdam to Beijing
Date FlownJune 2019

"Good flight with KLM"

Not Verified | Tokyo to Amsterdam. Good flight with KLM. Always really good service and nice cabin crew. Crew speaks good English and on Japan flights they have Japanese speaking crew. Two good meals and in between I was mostly sleeping. Really quiet nice flight.
RouteTokyo to Amsterdam

"excellent service"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Manchester. As ever, excellent service and flight with KLM. I also enjoyed the Crown Lounge 52 at Schipol, which was great. The flight was short and sweet, and very comfortable in seat 2F. As a new plane, it had in-seat USB charging too, which came in handy. Excellent food and drinks as well. Very happy customer!
RouteAmsterdam to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2019

"dropped its standard considerably"

Trip Verified | London City to Amsterdam. The check in was an hour. The flight delayed and seat at I'm sitting in has vomit on it and I was not offered an alternate seat. This is the worst flight I've been on. KLM has dropped its standard considerably. I will not use KLM now.
RouteLondon City to Amsterdam

"service was good"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Wroclaw to Amsterdam. It was a bit delayed leaving but arrived on time. Everything was okay but the snacks were very small. The service was good and all the processes were smooth and I really like the colour of the aircraft.
RouteWroclaw to Amsterdam