Kenya Airways

"cabin crew were very rude"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | The cabin crew were very rude. Food was almost thrown at us. When I asked for beverage she said she didn't have and no alternative was offered until I peeped and saw what I asked. The crew was not courteous at all.
RouteJohannesburg to Jeddah via Nairobi
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst experience that I had"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Due to flight delay I have to stay airport long time. Firstly in Antananarivo to Nairobi there was 1h flight delay. Real time was 7pm and in Nairobi they said flight will fly at 8pm but again it delayed - it fly after 11pm. This is a worst experience that I had in my life. because of his I have to stay on bench 24h without food and sleep.
RouteAntananarivo to Mumbai via Nairobi
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"quality of the food is poor"

Not Verified | Paid a fortune to return to Kenya on short notice. I have used KQ many times and always flown business, not used them for a few years now due to covid and using other airlines. Check in at Heathrow and boarding the plane was a shambles. stood in a business class line, but no one checking in Business class passengers , despite being told by ground staff this was the correct lane. Eventually we were spotted and check became proactive after 20 minutes. similar issue trying to get on the planE. KQ is let down by the ground handling at Heathrow. Once on Board, the service is excellent with attentive staff and I like the Boeing 787. Quality of the Beverages is good and has clearly improved. The quality of the food is poor and not what would get on SWISS, etc. In contrast on the return journey at Nairobi, excellent and quick check in, security and lounge has improved form when used in the past Food on the return leg just as bad as on the way out. Once again the staff were excellent and attentive and very helpful. Entertainment, pretty poor and lacking in choice.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"a customer friendly choice"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | This was my first flight on Kenya Airways. I was impressed with the service, cleanliness and punctuality at the airport as well as on flight. I would highly recommend the airline as a customer friendly choice.
RouteNairobi to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2022

"it's my worst experience"

Trip Verified | I recently had a trip to Dubai on the 10th of July 2022, it was a Linking flight from Cameroon passing through Bangui to Nairobi Kenya then to Dubai. Honestly speaking it's my worst experience so far, it's been almost two weeks since I arrived Dubai but am yet to receive my luggage. Before leaving the airport on arrival I placed a complain with Dnata baggage services regarding my baggage and I was assured that I would get my luggage in less than 48 hours which have turn into two weeks have finished every penny I had on me for mobile top up and when I even call no 1 picks no get back to me, have sent emails and gotten no reply. Maybe next time you inform customers in advance that their luggage aren't safe or secured so they would know what to do with their luggage. Would never recommend this airline to anyone unless they wish to have a similar experience. what a waste of my money.
RouteDouala to Dubai via Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Everything today was pathetic."

(Rwanda)

Trip Verified | KQ257 from Antananarivo getting late for more than an hour causing passengers missing connections at their own costs with bad customer care and in addition, poor bag management. Passengers losing bags with bad tagging. We had to spend more than 2 hours waiting for baggage tracking. Incompetent staff on duty with no respect towards passengers. Everything today was pathetic.
RouteAntananarivo to Nairobi

"services are excellent"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I highly recommend Kenya Airways, their services are excellent, especially their cabin crew, very efficient. My trip to and from Bujumbura to Johannesburg was very smooth.
RouteBujumbura to Johannesburg via Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"such an ill-functioning airline"

Not Verified | I have never seen such an ill-functioning airline. The airline people took 1 hour to check my documentation and after issuing my boarding pass they informed that the flight is delayed by 3 hours which left me no choice but to stay at the airport for more than 5 hours. The airline was least bothered with the inconvenience and didn’t do anything to compensate this. I will strongly suggest never fly with them.
RouteNairobi to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2022

"They treat people with absolute disrespect"

Trip Verified | I have never flown on such an inconsiderate airline. I am appalled by the service. The flight from Paris to Nairobi was delayed, which meant I missed my connecting flights to Johannesburg then to Cape Town. This did not seem to worry them and they said it would be at my expense to rebook another flight to Cape Town. This is the fourth time I’ve flown Nairobi airways and all four times they were late and caused subsequent missing of flights. This airline should be shut down! They treat people with absolute disrespect!
RouteParis to Johannesburg via Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"if you can avoid it, do not fly on Kenya Airways"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever flown. We booked roundtrip direct flights to Mauritius to and from Nairobi for our honeymoon. We planned to spend 7 days in Mauritius. The night before our flight from Nairobi to Mauritius, I was emailed (yes, emailed) at 11.19pm while I was sleeping to inform me that our flight time was to be changed from 1.00pm to 7.30am. As I was understandably sleeping at the time, I did not review this message until I woke up at 5.30am that morning. I was staying in Naivasha, Kenya at the time and so did not have time to make it to the airport. We immediately called due to the fact that we were going to miss our flight and no one was able to explain to us why this change was made so last minute to the flight schedule and why we were not informed ahead of time. I would think it would be common sense that an email in the middle of the night 8 hours prior to the new proposed flight time (for a now 7.30am flight) is insufficient notice. Even after speaking to multiple different Kenya Airways employees, I was never given a reason for the flight time change (just "operations"). Ultimately we were rebooked for a flight late that day, but this was an indirect flight through Dubai, which didn't leave until 5.10pm and involved >16 hours of travel instead of what was supposed to be a 4 hour and 20 minute flight. Because of this, we were unable to check in for our hotel that we had paid for the night of our arrival and instead arrived the next morning, exhausted, having been traveling all night and transferring in Dubai in the middle of the night. To boot, the behaviour of the passengers on the plane from Nairobi to Dubai was absurd. People were constantly standing up on the plane and blocking the aisle even after being asked to sit down by flight attendants. Kids were running around unrestrained and flight attendants had to ask over the intercom for parents to restrain their children multiple times. In the row in front of me someone was watching a movie on a tablet with nonstop gunfire with the volume on max and he was not using headphones. To top it all off, in addition to missing our first night of the trip, Kenya Airways also changed our return flight time, moving it up from 7.10pm to 1.40pm. This effectively compromised two different days of our trip (as we were unable to do much the morning of our departure and were unable to take advantage of the late checkout that we were qualified for at our hotel). On top of it all, our return flight was ultimately delayed by 40 minutes and the process to check in our bags took an absurdly long time, longer than it has ever taken for any other flight I have been on. We had all of our documents and it still took us >10 minutes to complete the check in process and this was after standing in line for one hour waiting for the check in desk. Bottom line, if you can avoid it, do not fly on Kenya Airways. You will absolutely regret it. We contacted customer service multiple times and they have absolutely refused to make amends or compensate us in any way for destroying our honeymoon.
RouteNairobi to Mauritius