Juneyao Airlines

Juneyao Airlines customer review

PuDong to Xiamen. Wasn't expecting much based on the inexpensive ticket price from an airline I'd never heard of but was impressed with new plane and upbeat cabin crew. Dinner was a typical tin-foiled beef/chicken with noodles. Drink service was plentiful for such a short flight. Much like Southwest and jetBlue in the US. I love that they fly to both Shanghai airports and have cheap flights even in the afternoon. Overall I'd rate them as an above- average 3 star airline.

(China)

Shanghai-Harbin-Shanghai. On the Harbin-Shanghai segment midair the undercover air marshall rudely demanded that I turned off my PDA phone which was already set in "no connection'. Juneyao should better train their air marshal on manners and be sufficiently knowledgeable about PDA type phones. I am an international frequent traveller and found Juneyao's air marshal manners offensive. Travellers intending to fly Juneyao should make note about using their PDA type phones. Apart from that the air hostess service was good airplane interior was clean.

Juneyao Airlines customer review

TSN-SHA. I have no idea why it's called Juneyao Airlines in English because this is nothing like its Chinese name. Check-in smooth new A320 was spotless inside. Every seat taken. The crew were friendly and helpful free newspapers - I was the only person on the flight with a foreign surname and they'd made a point of ordering in an English-language newspaper for me which was a nice touch. The food was interesting - a tangerine and a dry bread roll (no butter or anything) - but it was inoffensive. Passenger discipline an issue as it is on most domestic Chinese airlines : one stupid woman stood up to get her luggage out the bins when we were still about 100 metres in the air. The crew shouted at her to sit down but she ignored them : she fell over when we hit the ground which was funny.