Juneyao Airlines

Juneyao Airlines customer review

Booked Shanghai to Xiamen flight on 28th December 2013 at 2.15pm. Checked in and settled in the business class lounge. As soon as we heard the flight started to board at around 1.45pm we started to move out of the Business Class lounge and made our way to the gate. It was a long walk so we got there at 2.00pm. Behold the plane was already starting to reverse! Asked the gate agent they said our luggage had already been taken out so we missed the flight! We had to book on to a different airline as we were going to a wedding that night. So stay close to the gate when catching flight in China even if you travel on business class. Will avoid them from now on.
Seat TypeFirst Class

(China)

Checked in at Shanghai Pudong airport 20 minutes before boarding (boarding time: 4.20pm departure: 4.50pm). Told it was delayed but staff had no information on when the flight would arrive. Decided to go through security. At about 7.30 after about 3 hours of waiting they handed out food but still didn't offer any explanation for the delay and they still didn't know when the plane would arrive. After about 3.5 hours of waiting many customers started shouting at workers. After 4.5 hours the workers fled. Still no explanation or ETA for the plane. After 6 hours we were told that our plane had landed. We finally took off around 11.50pm. 7 hours late.

(China)

Shanghai Pudong-Macao round-trip. 3+ Hours delay on the departure because the airplane left its previous point of origin that late. 4 hours delay on the way back. Compensation meal tickets on the return flight were only redeemable for a bottle of water and a package of instant noodles. No compensation on the departing flight. This was a weekend trip to Macao and the delays meant we lost our Friday night and didn't get home until past 4am on Monday before going back to work. None of us will fly Juneyao again.

Juneyao Airlines customer review

Shanghai Hongqiao to Sanya and back (party of two). Check-in in Shanghai smooth and professional no issues assigning 2 aisle seats in the same row to us. must quite efficient we showed up at the gate in Shanghai 5 minutes after the indicated "boarding time" only to find ourselves greeted by a PA announcement that we should report to our gate immediately for the boarding of the flight. We were the last passengers to board after which the flight proceeded to sit at the gate for the next 30 minutes. In-flight on the positive side: brand new A320 aircraft. Seats reasonably pitched every seat had a plush pillow and flight attendants distributed free blankets before takeoff. Food during the flight was standard pork/chicken with noodles - but quite edible. In-flight negatives: my request for English newspapers was met with a rather curt no. The seat- belt sign was on throughout the entire flight for no rhyme or reason when I queried the flight attendant he either did not understand my question or couldn't explain why the sign was always on. During cruise one of the flight attendants also rather rudely asked me to turn off my smartphone which was already in flight mode. Sanya to Hongqiao: flight delayed 40 minutes with absolutely no information provided to passengers by ground staff. Ground staff spoke very little English. After boarding we sat at the gate for an additional hour waiting for ATC clearance. I unfortunately cannot comment much on the in-flight experience on the return leg as I slept for the vast majority of the flight. Overall Juneyao seems to be about on-par with China Eastern and Air China for domestic flights.

Juneyao Airlines customer review

Shanghai Pudong to Xiamen (return). We choose Juneyao purely on price being the cheapest. Check-in at Shanghai was swift albeit delayed a little. Juneyao uses new(ish) Airbus planes and the aircraft had good decor and very friendly cabin crew. Food was slightly better than most domestic Chinese airlines. All in all a very good experience with helpful and attentive cabin crew. On the return our departure was delayed due to congestion in Shanghai thus we boarded over an hour later than planned. The cabin crew again impressed very attentive. Food was a snack box on this leg as it was late evening - but this was a fairly decent standard.

Juneyao Airlines customer review

Shanghai to Changsha. The Check in staff was helpful. I was very late for check in and I called them before hand trying my luck and hoping against hope that they would keep the counter open for me. They asked for my passport number and asked me to come to a particular counter asap (all in Chinese they spoke no English). When I reached the counter my boarding card was ready and was asked to rush for boarding. Onboard given a drink. Reading material was bilingual. Flight was on time. Cabin crew OK limited to no English. Safety demonstration was manual. No entertainment except for reading.

(China)

Shanghai Pudong - Xiamen. Flight delayed firstly 'due to weather' [it was a very clear day for Shanghai] and then later 'due to late arrival of aircraft'. Overall delay 3 hours with no rescheduling until all of a sudden let's board the plane. Thought it was very poor that the airline didn't even offer to us a drink. Staff seemed in hurry once we got into the air literately had to catch my snack box as it was thrown to me. Staff handed out a raffle ticket and a suggestions card [both bilingual] to most other passengers though I didn't get one maybe because I'm a foreigner. Seat didn't recline at all though better width than the other time I've flown with them. Probably won't fly again unless it is a very cheap flight.

(China)

Ha'erbin - Shanghai Pudong. No aerobridge so waiting in a cold bus with its doors open. Get to the plane and telling everyone to get out of the bus and wait on tarmac to file up the stairs onto the plane. Seats very close together. Seat belt sign on for most of the flight even though it was only minor turbulence. So I could not recline my seat.

(China)

Hongqiao to Qingdao professional and friendly service. Aircraft new staff friendly and speak good English. The only problem I experienced is finding the check-in desk at the Hongqiao airport. Their ticket prices are slightly lower then other domestic airlines.

Juneyao Airlines customer review

Great food and service inflight but both my flight Qingdao to Shanghai and Shanghai to Harbin were delayed an hour or more. The first was assigned to late arrival of the aircraft and the wait was in the terminal. Note that check-in desks are not destination specific for Juneyao at Shanghai Pudong. This means that one cannot arrive after the expected rush (but before check-in closes) and expect a very short or no line since there will likely be a line of people checking in for other destinations at every counter.