Jetstar Pacific

"unable to process a full refund"

Trip Verified | I purchased a one way flight with Jetstar Pacific at a total cost of A$519 to fly from Da Nang to Sydney on 19/12/2019 for Xmas. The first leg involved a domestic flight to HCMC where I was to connect to the international flight to Sydney. My flight was due to depart Ho Chi Minh City at 10.35pm. At 7.15pm I was advised that the flight had been delayed until 4.45am the next day. After much trouble, I managed to change my flight to the same flight departing at 10.35pm on 20/12/2019. I had to outlay for taxis and a hotel. On 20/12/2019 I checked in and was waiting to board when we were advised that the flight had been cancelled. We were subsequently advised by an ‘Information officer” (no Jetstar rep met with us) at the boarding gate that all Jetstar flights had be cancelled and that we were to find and fund our own way to Sydney. We then paid for taxis to a hotel paid for by Jetstar. I booked a flight with AirAsia to Sydney for the 21 December at a total cost of $679. Today, 21 January, I contacted Jetstar seeking a full refund and was advised that they would only refund $197 because ‘we’re really unable to process a full refund for your flight since you took the first flight (log transcript). This is how Jetstar Pacific treat their customers – absolute disgrace!
RouteDa Nang to Sydney via Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2019

" included free services and luggage"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Hanoi. Regional flight Hong Kong toHanoi 2 January 2019 on an A321 aircraft. Ticket included free services and luggage. Hot meal given was OK. Flight full, on time. Nice, clean aircraft. Seats were good, but space to front seat was horrible and extremely tiny, small, de facto painful to knees. Check-In in Hong Kong was quick and easy though my hand-luggage was double the limit. Checked in luggage arrived smoothly, checked by customs in Hong Kong who had left a note inside the bag. Airbridge provided at both ends.
RouteHong Kong to Hanoi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"meagre limit which is only 7kgs"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Regional flight Danang to Hong Kong before X-mas 2019 on newish A320 aircraft. Had to change ticket prior to travel and it went quite OK though had to pay another 45 USD even that I had purchased a “bundle” (convenience packet) with the ticket adding “free services and further luggage”. I got three emails prior to flight warning about excessive luggage and charges. Flight on time. Check-In was quick and easy. No hassle with luggage though my hand-luggage was 6kg over the meagre limit which is only 7kgs which is almost impossible to comply with for international travellers. I had two suitcases inscribed from Danang arrived very quickly in Hong Kong. Onboard, a prepaid hot food package turned out to be very delicious. Flight was full but staff were on top of passengers and served well. I recommend that Jetstar Pacific should decide clearly whether to go tom be legacy carrier or Low Cost as now it is between 2 chairs and overly focused on charging for luggage.
RouteDanang to Hong Kong
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Cannot fault much"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Flew internally in Vietnam, Hue to Da Lat and back mid November 2019 on their A320 equipment. We were tempted from online promotional sales and made a domestic tourist trip to Dalat. Additions and charges for everything (payments, changes, additions, service charges, payment fees, taxes on every addition purchased) makes the experience so-so and completely ruins the deal of “free tickets” that ended up in a considerable amount. This route is not heavily trafficated so I was surprised to see a full plane loaded with a lot of monks. Both flights were punctual. Aircrafts were not very old and well kept (livery and décor). Check-in was a breeze, no issue with luggage though I was over clearly the limit for handluggage. Flights on time. FAs were fit and quick, started services only 4 minutes after departure seconds before the seatbelt signs were off. Inflight sales of food, drinks and souvenirs. The food is not expensive when flying domestic and easy to order from the rich illustrated “Menu Book” found seat pockets. Seats and seat environment were modern and fully functioning. No entertainment, but also not expected on short flight. Inflight magazines OK. Luggage delivered in no time and was on the belt before I could even reach there. Overall, much better than feared and better than expected. Job done well. Cannot fault much.
RouteHue to Da Lat
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I would never recommend"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Buon Me Thuot. One of the worst airline I have ever experienced. This airline is trying to find more ways to make money out of their customers. I would never recommend anyone to use their services. Please save your money and fly with some other airlines
RouteHo Chi Minh to Buon Me Thuot
Date FlownOctober 2019

"no room for legs at all"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Hanoi with Jetstar Pacific. Plane was horrible and no room for legs at all! Delays! Boarding time was listed as 13.25, we only started boarding at 14.00 when we should have lift-off at 13.55. Lift-off was at 14.40 and landed at 15.50 (instead of 15.15). Service of the flight attendants was very nice.
RouteDa Nang to Hanoi
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"service was absolutely shocking"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Our family of 5 travelling with Jet star from Queenstown to Auckland. Online checkin system allocated our family to 5 individual seats, which mean an infant will be on her own siting between 2 males. We went in to ground service desk, the service was absolutely shocking. We were in the processing of getting seat rearrange with staff her jetstar colleague on the next counter came and stopped her, said to our her they need to paid to choose the seat when making the online checkin with a condescending tone. The staff suddenly changed the tone told us its a full flight. We offer to pay to choose the next to each other seats, the senior looking girl started raising her voice: Sir we have other passenger to serve. Later the members siting in the front find rows of empty seats, so the child was safe. We sat at the back individually till landing. Jer star will take every cent they could possibly make on their customer. Ground service personnel was telling every at the gate to weight their belongings. Hand bags was even weighted and tagged. Its a waste time exercise, over weight carrier just pull content out of the carry on and put on themselves, Jetstar personnel was allowing this happen in front the scale.
RouteQueenstown to Auckland
Date FlownAugust 2019

"already expected a delay"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Da Lat. Based on previous flights on this route, I had already expected a delay between 1 and 4 hours, and I was right: 2 hours delay. So I tried not to stress myself. Not much announcement from the company (like email, SMS). Even the captain did not bother to say something. The check-in staff was friendly but they weight anything that moves. Be prepared! They also retain your ticket and passport until your checked-in luggage is scanned. You can check-in online and it is nice that they assign the seats together even if you did not book seats. The plane was relatively new (2 years old).
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Da Lat
Date FlownJuly 2019

"recommend steering clear of Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Nah Trang. We arrive at Tan Son Nhat airport at 6.00am on the day of departure which was scheduled for departure at 7.40am. The queue was of considerable length, by the time we had reach the boarding/check in counter it was 6.45am, then was told that we needed to change our baggage weight between checked in and carry on to comply with their requirements.( our carry on was 1kg over for each of us 2kg in total we then repacked our case to obtain the correct weight for boarding luggage) After completing that we re- waited in line to get boarding passes, once that was done then told to wait 10 minutes to ensure checked in baggage had cleared the scanner, by this time it had now got to 7.05am Then lined up to have our hand luggage scanned to pass on through to the departure lounge. This queue was of considerable length because of only two scanners at the departure entrance, only one was in operation at that time. Our boarding passes showed gate 3, so headed directly to the gate and waited. There was a few minutes and we started to think something was no right so checked the departure board to find our gate had changed to gate 2 We then went directly to gate 2 to be told we were too late for departure that closed at 7.25am. At this time it was 7.33am. We were then told to head back to the Jetstar desk, they then told us we had no choice but to wait till the next day, would we like to book a ticket for that. For very obvious reasons we were not happy with this and said as much, the reply was we had arrived at the departure gate too late, they had called our flight and gate change over the public announcement system 3 times which we had never heard, the only flight I had heard was for flight #BL366. After a few minutes of consideration and checking other available flights we asked for a refund of which we were given & bought tickets with another airline. Have had a few issues with Jetstar over time but this is now a time that I would recommend steering clear of Jetstar if at all possible. The only thing that keeps people boarding their planes is their cheap prices but to what benefit is that if you are treated so poorly.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Nah Trang
Date FlownMay 2019

"legroom was the absolute minimum"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Check in was efficient if incredibly impolite. Boarding was shambolic with travelers with children being sent down the stairs first then trampled once the way to the runway bus was opened. Passengers with huge amounts of carry on luggage then pushed up and down the aisle stowing sacks and boxes. The legroom was the absolute minimum for a 1.8m tall person - any limb protruding into the aisle was rammed by the drinks really from behind. As we came into land my child felt sick. Of the six chairs in our row there was only one sick bag. The luggage was thrown into the belt (we could watch through the window). We had one case damaged and considered ourselves lucky. Never again.
RouteHue to Ho Chi Minh City