Jetstar Japan

"have to fight their policies"

(Japan)

Verified Review | This flight was booked as the final leg of an international series from the US. However, they insisted on applying their domestic baggage rules rather than acknowledging that they were part of a larger booking and allowing the most permissive of the rules. Twenty four hours of travel, and rather than having a relaxing final leg you have to fight their policies and rearrange all of your belongings. Extremely bad form, avoid at all costs.
RouteNRT to KIX

"worst travel experience"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Tokyo to Okinawa with Jetstar Japan. Worst travel experience, 1 hour delay on the way in. More than 7 hours delay on the way back. No explanations, no excuses. Seats are uncomfortable and inflight service (extra fee) started 2 hours after take off in a 2h 40 flight. 7 hours delayed flight was handled by a single person for 200+ travellers. To offer less than 7$ of voucher, Jetstar manages to make Ryanair attractive.
RouteOKA to NRT

"disappointed traveller"

Verified Review | Manila to Nagoya. Jetstar Japan is one of the worst airlines I have been on. My niece, along with her children, all under 7 years old, traveling in our party of around twenty people, asked for a cup of water as soon as the seatbelt sign was turned off. Both she and I were refused water saying, "you may purchase water if you'd like", which we did. This at a cost of around $2.50/bottle. On the return flight I was once again refused water. Understanding it is a discount airline, it is unacceptable to be refused a cup of water. Very disappointed traveler.
RouteMNL to KIX
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight was cancelled on the spot"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Tokyo with Jetstar Japan. Our scheduled flight was cancelled on the spot due to a crew member getting sick. It was a poorly managed situation as all of us passengers have already checked-in and we were simply made to wait by Jetstar to be transported to a hotel without any assurance or given timeline of when the next flight will be. The notification of the cancelled flight was made way past the time of departure. We tried to coordinate through hotline, even speaking with an agent for more than an hour, and to no avail they didn't have any idea what plans have been set out for us who needed to be in Tokyo as we had prepaid arrangements and plans. This left us with no choice but to book to another airline for a hefty price as Jetstar cannot finalize a decision that morning. Tokyo to Manila both our baggage were left in the return flight because the plane was overloaded. We prepaid our check-in baggage of 20 kg each person months before and only checked in less than that (only 15kg) which makes me wonder why Jetstar didn't even foresee the load the plane had to carry. We were only informed that some baggage were left when we were waiting at the pick up area in Manila airport and both our names weren't even included in the list. Which we can't even confirm right then and there whether our baggage was still in Narita or not. We were simply left in line to wait to process our lost baggage claim late in the night. I think it's certainly unfair for you to treat us without any feeling of assurance and blatantly just expect us to be fine that our baggage was left. As I called in the morning to follow-up on the status of our luggage, I do not understand why their staff can't simply update us regarding the status of our report. Up to this moment, no Jetstar representative has called, text messaged, nor sent an email regarding this matter. I had to call numerous times before finding out that my luggage was on it's way via JAL flight tonight, but my sister's luggage which we checked in at the same time has no confirmed flight back yet.
RouteMNL to NRT