Jetstar Asia

"Worst experience ever"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. At Phuket the Jetstar Airways crew checked my baggage but not to my final destination, explained that it’s impossible and I would have to check my luggage again. But dropping off my luggage again means taking 2x passport controls and security checks for which I don’t have time due to short connections. Now there is a huge risk that my luggage won’t come to my final destination. Double check those situations twice. This is very confusing. I’m disappointed that the crew did such a thing without checking.
RoutePhuket to St Petersburg via Singapore and Helsinki
Date FlownMay 2019

"338SGD last minute to change flight"

Not Verified | Taipei to Singapore. Jetstar is the worst airline. I booked 2 tickets for my Friend and I, same plane, same date, same booking order. When I received the confirmation order my flight time was the same, same date but 1 month after, but it was the right month for my Friend. They charged me 338SGD last minute to change my flight. I just hate this airline, I don’t respect you, you make mistakes, don’t take the credit of those mistakes and charge crazy amount of money.
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2019

"crew was friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | Yangon to Singapore (Flight 3K584 seat 1C). The online ticket purchase was easy. I was positively surprised with my check-in as well as the in-flight experience. I had to catch a connecting flight (with a different airline) and the check-in staff was very friendly and allocated a seat at the front so that I can disembark quickly. The crew was friendly and efficient.
RouteYangon to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2019

"very helpful ground staff"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Penang. I was running late and met this very helpful ground staff helped to speed up my check-in using the automated system and completed it within a couple of minutes. She does the job with professionalism and a smile. If more airline staffs are like her, it will help take away some of the hassle of air travel.
RouteSingapore to Penang
Date FlownApril 2019

"Don't recommend this company "

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | It was supposed to be quick, domestic flight. Ho Chi Minh - Phu Quoc. I was waiting to check in, when the clerk said that his stand was closed and he instructed me to go to different attendant. There was another passenger waiting too, with some styrofoam package, it took quite a while. I only had my backpack with me and was hoping to get everything sorted out quickly. The lady said that I was literally 3 minutes late and she can't let me go, even though there was plenty of time. She said no remuneration, only possible thing was another flight, 9 hours later + extra fee. They treated me really poorly, needless to say. The worst flying related experience ever. Don't recommend this company at all, wish there was an option to give zero starts, they don't deserve even one.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Phu Quoc
Date FlownMarch 2019

"disappointed with Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Yangon to Singapore. Totally disappointed with Jetstar. Feedback to Jtstar online about their poor management in checking in group check in. On 22 Feb, there is a big group checking in, group calling out to their members to filled up their luggage weight to maximize and not pay extra $$. The queue is super long and the staff did nothing. I went to online jetstar feedback and told them about having a group check in and not to delay other passengers. The only reply I get from Jetstar is they will feedback to their team leaders. And they shut off my online chat without letting me reply.
RouteYangon to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"impressed with the cabin staff"

Not Verified | Penang to Singapore. Flight 3K678. 15 Jan 2019. My wife and I were very impressed with the cabin staff and the help with me needing a wheelchair to the plane. Cabin staff very attentive and polite. Well done
RoutePenang to Singapore

"the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh city. Had the worst experience with Jetstar and I do not recommend you to fly with them. You get a short amount of time to check-in, 2 hours, they still opened 15 minutes too late. They put you in a overcrowded bus, you could not move an inch. They had a full bus go to the airplane, while I was waiting in the second bus, I noticed another bus (or the bus who got back from the airplane) parking behind us, I knew this bus shouldn't be overloaded. The third had less than 15 passengers, why didn't they just distribute them normally.. They had the bus stop in the blazing sun for several minutes. Now I made a mistake not carrying my ticket on me (I gave it to my girl), but right from the start this flight attendent put up an aggressive tone towards me and I told him, "sorry, my girl (who walked ahead of me) is carrying it" But he ignored what I said and repeated more aggressively "Sir! Can I have your boarding ticket!". So I went to my seat and grabbed my ticket. He then walks to my seat and went off on me and I told him that she had it. He said he didn't know. Instead of giving the ticket back in a normal way, he threw it and walked away.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh city
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"my entire journey was smooth"

Trip Verified | During my trip from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City, my entire journey was smooth. Jetstar offers e-check in kiosk in Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1 and you can obtain your boarding pass/upgrade yourself at the touch of a button. There are also check in counters available for my use which is very convenient. The crew on board were courteous and polite and it made the entire journey more enjoyable. Good job!
AircraftA320-200
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"journey was a pleasant one"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore. Jetstar Asia is one of the better low-cost carrier in the region. Check-in staff were quick and were able to deal with the high volume of customers in Ho Chi Minh City. Within 10 minutes, we were on our way. However, at the airport, we were met with 3 gate changes within the span of an hour. The information provided by the airline on the airport displays were also inaccurate and had confused numerous passengers on this flight. One effort, however, that ought to be noted was how the check-in staff had sauntered through the airport spaces to inform passengers of the gate changes. Boarding, as a result, was late. The crew on the flight, however, were professional. The entire journey on board the aircraft towards Singapore was a pleasant one. Taking into account the fact that Jetstar Asia is a low-cost budget carrier, the level of service provided is acceptable and should be lauded. However, Jetstar can do much more in ensuring that their ground crew are sufficiently trained to deal with the unexpected situations which may arise on the grounds to attempt to alleviate the customers' frustration.
AircraftA320-200