Jetstar Asia

"not even apologetic"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Hong Kong delayed 4.5 hours. The flight time was 9.30am, the bus transfer picked all the passengers and let us wait for about 10mins inside the bus while the sun is high up. When we board the plane at 9.35am theres an announcement the flight will be delayed. Delayed for 2 hours plus for technical problem. Your airline shouldnt have let us board yet. Its already almost lunch time and no offer of anything not even a free meal to compensate for such a delay! Our time was wasted, the entire day was gone. I asked a male attendant why the plane is not leaving yet and hes not even apologetic.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Customer service is poor"

(Guam)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Manila. It was our first time flying a budget airline, hoping to save a few hundred dollars. It ended up costing us more. Customer service is poor. Our flight was delayed which caused us to miss our connecting flight and when we called customer service they said they have no record of any of their flights delayed. I had to send them a screenshot. You can't call them directly and have to communicate via chat. I've requested an insurance later and have yet to receive it.
RouteSingapore to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"would not fly with them again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. This is the 2nd time that I have encountered this problem. Flight delays are common and I don't blame the airline if delays occur from time to time. However please have the courtesy to inform passengers upon check in that the flight is estimated to be delayed for how long and update the airport boards. The flight departure time was not updated and everyone came to the gate because it was shown on the board to be final call. Imagine everyone's frustration when at the original departure time, we still have yet to board the plane! Both ground staff and air crew were also poorly trained. Row 6 to 9 were the last group allowed to board and the cabin crew did not help ensure that the cabin bag storage space were kept free. We were told to place our cabin bags all the way to the back of the plane because our original spaces were fully taken up! When a passenger feedback to the cabin crew on this matter, she was told its on a first come first serve basis. How is it first come first serve, when we were only allowed to board last?! When we told them that it's because we were allowed to board last, the cabin crew blamed the ground staff instead. Flight delay, incompetent ground staff and cabin crew, who only knows how to blame each other instead of resolving the problem at hand and appease already disgruntled passengers. If given a choice, would not fly with them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2019

"No service recovery"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Danang. On 8Dec my Jetstar flight 3k541 was supposed to depart Singapore at 6:50pm. However upon push out, the captain mentioned there is some technical issue with the plane so we have to return to the gate to let ground staff to check. After the checks, the captain mentioned to us “Good news, the issue is resolve and we will be able to fly in 20 minutes. However the captain mentioned once again they have to do further checks and sign some documents so we have to return to the gate again, from the start when announced there was a delay, no service recovery was given to us, no drinks or nuts or anything was given to us while waiting . So after about another 30 minutes wait we were told that due to company policy they have to arrange a replacement aircraft for us at gate C17. If there is a need for us to change aircraft at the start, why do you let us have false hope saying we will be at the sky within 20 mins and let us just wait in the aircraft like some idiots, Furthermore, from E24 to C17 was so far apart and very long distance, why can’t the replacement aircraft be parked nearer, it have cause much inconvenience to my grandparents. We finally boarded the plane at about 9:50 and took the skies at 10:45pm. From 6:50 to 10:45 it is a more than 3 hours delay! No refreshment voucher was given to us. No service recovery, letting passengers just wait and stranded.
RouteSingapore to Danang
Date FlownDecember 2019

"an uneventful short hop"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore with Jetstar Asia. Flight left somewhat late. Other than that, it was an uneventful short hop. Seats rather stiff and unconfortable, staff seemingly somewhat stressed out or tired, but they took us there at a low cost.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"their extra baggage fees"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Jetstar has their extra baggage fees as with all airlines however their unscrupulous extra charging methods must stop. My flight costed $60-70, the extra Baggage fee was $60? So unreasonably high the extra baggage fee. The metal frame at their counters are smaller than their measurements. I’ll avoid this airline forever. Be reasonable my luggage was only 3-4kg as I knew it could exceed 7kg carry on.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the check-in counter was closed"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Singapore. My initial flight departure time with Jetstar was 10:00 PM. When I tried to check in online in the afternoon the same day, Jetstar website showed me that the flight was delayed, and that the new departure time was 10:35. So, I arrived at the airport at 9:31. As per policy, the check- in counter closes 45min before the departure time. So, I was within policy. Upon arrival, I discovered that the check-in counter was closed. At the information counter they called the airline and I’ve been informed that the check in counter closes 1 hr before the original departure time. Which is nonsensical, since the whole point of informing the passenger about the delay is to let us know in advance and reducing the wait time in the airport. After a while of discussion over the phone, I was redirected to one office and then to another. At first, they doubted how could I find out about the delay. And asked to show the proof. So, I showed the Jetstar webpage. They went back to check the system, but that didn’t help. Then their explanation was “How come all other passengers came on time and only you are late?”. Seriously? How do I know. Perhaps they didn’t try to check-in online. Then they said we always wait to the passengers, you were just too late. I was offered no refund, only to buy another ticket at my own cost.
RoutePhuket to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a small bag they would weigh"

Not Verified | Manila to Singapore. Singapore to the Philippines my hand-carry baggage weighed 6.4kg which is in line of the 7kg baggage allowance rule. Personal bag is never ever been included. I’ve heard rumours of now even personal bag and laptop bag they will aim to get money from the passengers. They will even hold your boarding pass until you pay for it. I thought it was just a rumour until it happened to me. I'm flying back to Singapore and while at the counter they ask to weighed my hand-carry bag even my personal bag. I’ve always taken the same flight and same bag but its the first time this happened to me. Even a small bag they would weigh just to get money.
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Never again with Jetstar"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Horrible flight experience: 1-hour flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur was delayed for 30 minutes. Also, they forced me and at least 10-20 passengers to ship our carry on luggage because they didn't have enough space. So I had to waste another 30 minutes at the airport. In total, I spent as much time waiting because of Jetstar as I did on board of the plane. Definitely there are way better alternatives in Asia. Never again with Jetstar.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"went wrong with taking luggage"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. The flight turns out perfectly and it went wrong with taking luggage at belt 17, frame and wheels slightly spoilt mean like it was a part of quotation letter or statutory declaration letter to submit in order to claim the bag from Jetstar.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore