Jetstar Asia

"my entire journey was smooth"

Trip Verified | During my trip from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City, my entire journey was smooth. Jetstar offers e-check in kiosk in Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1 and you can obtain your boarding pass/upgrade yourself at the touch of a button. There are also check in counters available for my use which is very convenient. The crew on board were courteous and polite and it made the entire journey more enjoyable. Good job!
AircraftA320-200
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"journey was a pleasant one"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore. Jetstar Asia is one of the better low-cost carrier in the region. Check-in staff were quick and were able to deal with the high volume of customers in Ho Chi Minh City. Within 10 minutes, we were on our way. However, at the airport, we were met with 3 gate changes within the span of an hour. The information provided by the airline on the airport displays were also inaccurate and had confused numerous passengers on this flight. One effort, however, that ought to be noted was how the check-in staff had sauntered through the airport spaces to inform passengers of the gate changes. Boarding, as a result, was late. The crew on the flight, however, were professional. The entire journey on board the aircraft towards Singapore was a pleasant one. Taking into account the fact that Jetstar Asia is a low-cost budget carrier, the level of service provided is acceptable and should be lauded. However, Jetstar can do much more in ensuring that their ground crew are sufficiently trained to deal with the unexpected situations which may arise on the grounds to attempt to alleviate the customers' frustration.
AircraftA320-200
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Singapore

"Horrible experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Taipei. Horrible experience flying with Jetstar! The staff is super unprofessional, rude, and most of them can't speak English. Tons of rules to follow that other airline don't have, such as no use of earphones during take off and landing and that you can't stove your luggage under the seat in front of you. Also the only airline I've flown with who demands to see return tickets for the destination! Avoid this company and save yourself from a load of trouble!
RouteOsaka to Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Think twice about booking Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. I booked a flight for 5 to Bangkok, choose my seats and paid in full. On the day of departure I was informed at the counter the flight was full due to overbooking and I had to take the next flight. Jetstar offered compensation of $150 vouchers for future booking. They will not offer cash vouchers. This is ridiculous as payment has been made in full. Why would I want travel vouchers for another flight with Jetstar? What makes Jetstar think I would want to fly with them in future. Think twice about booking Jetstar.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Good budget airline"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Osaka. Check-in was quick and smooth. We were handed our boarding passes with our pre-assigned max. legroom seats. Our pre-reserved meals were served promptly as soon as the plane reached cruising altitude. My black pepper chicken was hot and tasty. The flight was half full but service was so so. The crew just went about their duties perfunctorily. We enjoyed the lounge access in KIX that came with the fare bundle upgrade. It also came with priority boarding, which was a nice touch. It was pretty much the same story with our return flight after 5 days. Good budget airline. I would fly them again.
RouteManila to Osaka
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Pekanbaru. Initially the ticket price is cheap. Later they want to make money by charging heavily even for little extra luggage weight. Will not recommend this airline
RouteSingapore to Pekanbaru
Date FlownOctober 2018

"unprofessional way of making money"

Trip Verified | At the airport, my hand carry bag was weighed to ensure it was within the maximum allowed 7kg. Since it was within the allowed limit, I was asked to weigh my computer bag as well. Then the total weight exceeded the 7 kg (marginally by 3 kg) and I was made to pay $60. This is a very unprofessional way of making money. It was as if the Jetstar staff were waiting to find an excuse to make me pay extra for something. I will do my best to avoid this airline in the future.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"asked to pay extra for laptop"

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore. Arrived at Terminal 1 in Manila, I have a less than 7kg hand carry plus 1 laptop bag with my laptop inside. Weight of hand carry plus laptop (plus charger) is 9kg. Jetstar is the only airline that asked to pay extra for laptop. I asked why in Changi they never asked for extra for laptop. This guy answered in a rude voice and said that he don't care, and he insisted that I pay. Not sure if this should be a review about the terminal staff or the airline but I won't book on this airline again. By the way, I have booked other budget airlines, to and from Manila, like Cebu Pacific and Tigerair (now Scoot) before, and they never asked for laptop bag excess payment. Since there are other choices, better not book Jetstar. Second problem is that their gate in NAIA Terminal 1 need to take stairs and need to open luggage for them to inspect. I'm fine with this but I just went through 2 screenings before going to the boarding gate so not sure what they want to see. I know they want us to be safe and all but it's just too troublesome for all passengers.
RouteManila to Singapore

"not worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Singapore. Huge hassle all around. Online check in not working, will not send boarding pass in advance, customer service is awful, unhelpful and unaccommodating. If you want easy and stress-free, choose another airline. The cheap ticket is not worth the hassle. AirAsia is much better, easier, and often cheaper.
RouteDenpasar to Singapore

"amazing customer service"

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore. Amazing staff on flight 3K764 Monday 20th August. Late leaving Mania and I was concerned about making my connection in Singapore. Staff contacted Singapore ground staff to find out the gate we would arrive at and where my connection would depart. They also sat me at the front of the plane before landing so I could make leave the aircraft quickly. Thank you for all your help on Monday 20th August, amazing customer service.
RouteManila to Singapore