Jetstar Asia

(Hong Kong)

SIN-PNH flight full but got an exit row. They gate-checked my bag for me since no more overhead space. Flight quick and painless no complaints. Plane a bit tired but no big deal for budget airline.

Jetstar Asia customer review

I booked a Jetstar flight which they cancelled at the last minute giving me a flight that was not workable. I had to call twice to make sure that they knew it wouldn't work and that I wanted my money back. I had to pay a higher last minute fee to rebook at a different airline. They promised me my money back within 7-10 business days. It has not been more than 6 weeks with no return of money. I filed a complaint on their website. They said they would look into it within 2 weeks. That has now been a month since they have communicated with me at all. I would never book a flight with them again. Buyer beware! They can mess you up and then not return your money. Meanwhile you have had to book a last minute flight which is more expensive.

(Sweden)

MNL-SIN-MNL: Flights with relatively new A320s. Leather seats adequate in width although pitch was only barely acceptable (29.5 inches). As on most low cost carriers there were no blankets or pillows in sight but a daytime flight. Neither in SIN nor in MNL did we have to wait more than ten minutes at the carousel for our bags. We didn't try JetStar Asia's meal service which the airline charges for. Flight attendants efficient. Safety procedures were excellent. Cabin announcements a bit difficult to comprehend both from the flight deck and the cabin attendants. Toilets were clean. Overall the standard of these flights was good better than on some of JetStar Asia European counterparts although the seat pitch was less than advertised. Would we fly with them again? Yes but we might consider upgrading to a seat in an emergency exit row for S$30 extra in each direction.

Jetstar Asia customer review

Melbourne to Singapore delayed by one hour. Pre-ordered meals were average similar meals on offer both times. Return trip an evening flight again delayed by 1 hour. Headphones not working in group of middle seats. Service was poor and meals pre-ordered on this sector were that bad you could not eat it especially the breakfast. Hot tea was spilt on a passenger nearby and could not believe that staff had no idea how to deal with the situation. Cabin- crew on this return leg was so disappointing that I will pay more to travel on a more reliable airline.

Jetstar Asia customer review

Although not comparable to 5 star airlines if you can find cheap tickets it would be worthwhile! Singapore from Perth and back again. Flight was very quick don't bother to pre- order meals (on the red eye flight at least) - poor cup noodles and bland soup. Flight attendants very nice. If over 170cm you may want to choose seats with extra legroom. Return at check in the lady allowed me and my 3 sibling to check in together which allowed us to combine our luggage weights - we were 8kg over. Secondly she bumped us up to the front row seated together which had plenty of legroom. Purchased some food on the plane - reasonably priced.

(Hong Kong)

HKG-SIN-HKG. Check-in smooth 20kg allowance which is better than some budget airlines. At Singapore Changi Airport the counter will only open 2 hours before departure therefore no need to arrive earlier than that. Unlike some low-cost airlines seat is allocated at check-in time. Both flights depart on-time. The seat is comfortable. No service it is nothing more than a bus that can fly. In my booking given the price is 45% cheaper than conventional airlines I have no complaint. I would recommend this airline if and only if the price is at least 30% cheaper than the conventional airlines for the same direct flight.

(Malaysia)

KUL-SIN-KUL. This is my first experience with Jetstar Asia. The fare is cheap and comparable with other Low Cost Airlines. FAs and Ground Staff helpful and efficient. The departure at KUL was on time but for the return flight there was slight delay for half an hour. The plus point is that they depart from KUL Main Terminal and not LCCT.

(Indonesia)

Singapore - Jakarta. Flight over 1 hr late which I expected as Changi Airport departures showed this flight as late every day for the previous week. Captain apologised for the slight delay but apologies become meaningless when the airline keeps doing it! The airline should drop or reschedule this flight to a time within their capabilities as it isn't at the moment. It's certainly cheap and the attendants did their jobs satisfactorily but persistent lateness isn't acceptable.

(Indonesia)

Jakarta to Singapore not good at all. Senior FA rude with passenger and her junior FA. The seat was good for LCC airline and legroom is not bad. The ticket price is very cheap too.

(Malaysia)

KUL-SIN. What's great about Jetstar in KL is that they fly from the Main Terminal instead of the LCCT which makes the experience so much better for the same or less price. Seat for me were spacious for a budget airline compared to Airasia.