Jetstar Asia

Jetstar Asia customer review

Ho Chi Minh City - Singapore. Everything as expected or even a bit better. Never had a delay with JetStar. No issues comfortable seats.

(Hong Kong)

Hong Kong - Singapore - Perth. We flew from HKG to Singapore originally at 11.05am and should have taken the second flight to Perth at 5.50pm. Jetstar delayed the flight for 7 hours due to 'adverse weather and operational reason'. Flights of other airlines had the planes boarded to Singapore with at most 1 hour delay. We finally could not catch up the second plane and were forced to stay one night in Singapore with no accommodation provided. Staff were not helpful and made us confused. We arrived Perth with a 24-hour delay with no luggage. We called the so-called 'hotlines' and the people there said they are not the customer service department staff and we could only complain by email. Finally we were back to Hong Kong and sent an email to Jetstar.

Jetstar Asia customer review

Singapore - Medan - Singapore. Online check-in option made checking in easier. However ground staff insisted that my hand carry be weighed. Exceeded boarding allowance by 4kg. They were every insistent that I pay for every single kilogram exceeded (they even threatened that Jetstar will re-weigh your luggage inside). I was shocked by this as this was the first time I encountered this. Staff took back my boarding pass and refused to let me enter unless I paid SGD80. I was able to negotiate with a more senior ground crew who eventually halved my fees. Although this is a budget carrier their policies come across as desperate rigid and unlike Asian carriers. This experience left a bitter taste in my mouth as it seems they are using every opportunity to make money from you. For future customers I would advice choosing an alternative carrier. I hope this serves as a warning to future customers.

Jetstar Asia customer review

Singapore-Jakarta-Singapore. Smooth check in flight was on time seats were okay. It was a short flight so it wasn't too bad. I thought it was a bit too hectic when they were selling food. Did not have a bad experience like I normally had when travelling with other budget airlines.

Jetstar Asia customer review

KIX-SIN-KIX then KIX-SIN both via TPE. Jetstar was cheaper by at least 20% than all other airlines on this leg excluding the other budget carrier but the timings (midday departure from Japan red-eye return) were better for me. Check in lines were long but the internet check in line was empty. In Japan when I mentioned that I tried to check in online but was unable to they put me into the internet check in line without delay which impressed me. Boarding was prompt and service very nice onboard; the FA proactively suggested I move to a roomier seat when the plane was emptier. Onboard food and drink are very expensive but we could bring on what we needed and with the stop in Taipei you're able to have an affordable lunch. Would definitely fly again as long as the price stays low.

Jetstar Asia customer review

Jakarta-Singapore-Jakarta. Slightly delayed but it wasn't a big problem cabin crews were pretty friendly and welcoming when we boarded the aircraft but seemed to be ignorant when we were about to get off the aircraft. One passenger's mobile phone went off when the plane was about to take off and cabin crew made an announcement to remind passengers to switch their mobile phones off at all times straight away. Overall it was good especially for a budget airline you were also allocated to a seat once you've checked in unlike budget airlines in Europe where you have to run for it.

Jetstar Asia customer review

KUL-Singapore in seat 6A. Ok for the short flight although leg room quite limited. Cabin was clean and bright. Late arrival from its previous journey caused a delay to this flight but fortunately my onward connection to Perth was not affected. The short hops are satisfactory but I still miss that extra leg room on longer international flights as well as not having to purchase everything including water which I had to on this one.

Jetstar Asia customer review

BKK-SIN on a full A320. Check-in about 20 minutes not bad for Jetstar most importantly on time despite a full plane. All this for much less than the full service carriers. No frills but you get where you are going efficiently and this is all I want.

Jetstar Asia customer review

SIN-KUL return. Flights were pleasant and cabin crew service satisfactory. Cabin on the flight back was newer. Wished they created more leg room on the A320 as the seat in front touches the knees of many passengers which made it uncomfortable. Liked the fact that although fares are mostly lower than their rival low cost carriers they depart and arrive at the main international terminals in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and not their budget terminals. Will recommend Jetstar for their price and condition of their fleet and will continue to fly with them as long as their prices are kept low.

(Thailand)

BKK-SIN return. Check-in at BKK easy with no queue A320 75% full. Very tight seat pitch. Seat has no recline. Long 30 mins check-in queue at Changi Terminal 1 at 5.30 am. Plane new and clean. You have to pay for everything so you get what you pay for.