Jetstar Asia

"refused compensation"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore. Damaged baggage and refused compensation. My baggage is a backpack that I've purchased in USA sometime 12 months ago, which I do not have a receipt and was paid for in cash. But I found a same design but in a different material, that is what I used as proof to claim for the amount of my backpack, but Jetstar insist on every emails, that they have to follow protocol and refused to even understand the situation. I know there are certain protocols to follow, but my case isn't something that can be resolved if to follow strictly to protocol of having a quotation from a luggage repairer and officially on a letter head, or receipt or credit card statement, which I've none to provide. Jetstar is making it very difficult and very much trying their best to avoid any claims for damaging passenger's property. On my numerous emails asking for an clear explanation on how my backpack can be so badly damaged, when there was a FRAGILE tag with special note to take extra care hand written by ground staff? I didn't get a reply.
RouteJakarta to Singapore

"okay cabin crew"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Denpasar Bali to Singapore. On time, really friendly gate agent at DPS easy boarding by groups, and okay cabin crew. Website is really easy to navigate and add on/remove services on request.
RouteDenpasar Bali to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"my carry on baggage exceeded"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Baggage policy is terrible. I was offloaded because i got excess baggage which i am willing to pay by card, but they say that their system is down so they can only accept cash. I’m willing to pay for my excess baggage but they‘re should be the one adjusting since it’s their system is the one that got issue. Staff are not helpful and non apologetic at all. I wasn't allowed to board the plane because my carry on baggage exceeded.
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the usual budget flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore. Perhaps thanks to the coronavirus panic, the flight was half empty and everything went faster than usual. I got an entire row of empty seats to stretch out on and we bith keft and landed a bit early. Otherwise, it was the usual budget flight with no freebies.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"terrible in terms of consistency"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore with Jetstar Asia. Absolutely terrible in terms of consistency. Also encountered a one hour delay flying from Singapore to Malaysia. If you value your time, please fly with another airline as two out of two times I encountered a one hour plus delay. They really need to step up their game. Whether your flight is delayed is just a coin flip.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"we have never heard a thing from JetStar"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Manila to Johannesburg via Singapore. We were booked to fly 3K764 on 14 Jan from Manila to Singapore with Jetstar Asia. On waking up to the news of the Taal volcano we decided to check our flights only to find that our Jestar flight for the 14th Jan had been cancelled for many days prior to the volcano but with no notification from Jetstar to ourselves. Ethiopian quickly re-arranged our flights which meant us laying over for an additional 2 days but we have never heard a thing from Jetstar about flight cancellations. Same thing happened to another Ethiopian pax whom we met in the offices that day trying to change his flight.
RouteManila to Johannesburg via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"65 bucks on random bag check"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. I am flying on 23rd jan the price was overly high for such an airline. Staff at the airport payment counter Weigh my bag and tell me it will cost me 65 Singapore dollar if I want to take my bag as I was 2 Kg extra. He was holding on to my bag as if I would run away and not pay for it. This flight was suppose to be my flight back home for the holiday season and now my mood were all spoilt thanks to these kind of staff.. you should really look into your price of your ticket if you still wish to charge anyone the extra 65bucks.. for a 300 Singapore dollars flight on a Budget airline without any service and charging 65 bucks on random bag check.. seriously?
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"baggage policy absolutely ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. General comment on Jetstar Asia baggage policy - it is absolutely ridiculous. 7kg combined hand luggage is not enough for a day trip. I was charged $65 SG for an 8.2kg laptop bag. How I was treated during the weighing and payment process was disgraceful. I will never fly this airline again. I am a regular business and personal flyer (60+ flights per year). I will avoid at all costs.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"do not care about costumers"

Trip Verified | Clark to Darwin via Singapore. First flight delayed ~2h. The crew knew at Clark Airport that I would not reach the next flight to Darwin and I had separate tickets with the same company. Not a single word from staff. At Singapore transfer terminal they refused to give my boarding pass Singapore to Darwin as I needed to clear immigration at Singapore. (Carry on 7kg only) and do not understand as I am in the transit zone and traveling with an Australian passport. Made it to Darwin flight, excellent customer service from staff. Jetstar never again - scammers that do not care about costumers.
RouteClark to Darwin via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Overall an efficient flight"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Taipei. Flight departed slightly late but arrived on time. Leg room was small, as expected on a Low cost carrier. Cabin crew were professional but lack warmth. Overall an efficient flight from point to point.
RouteSingapore to Taipei