Jetstar Asia

"charged $65SGD for 3kg excess carry on"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Singapore. Worse airline ever, was charged $65SGD for 3kg of excess carry on and I wanted to remove the items on the spot but staff was giving excuses to not delay the time and gave us horrible attitude. Was not notified that flight was delayed by 1h 40 minutes until I reached the boarding area. Charged $65 and flight got delayed this is the worse service I’ve encountered, never experience such service from Jetstar before this is the first time and I’m horrified.
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"acceptable and reasonably priced"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore with Jetstar Asia. From past experience I find budget carriers in Asia to be aerial buses, you get what you pay for and not much else. The flight was just that, it left on time and we arrived. The plane was an old airbus that had seen better days and was in a fairly run down condition, the back of seats were showing all the signs of a well used plane and the one in front of me would not return to the correct upright position meaning my already tight seating position was made worse. These airlines / planes are configured to fit the maximum number of Asian travellers and as such make them tight for bigger aussies. Generally the staff were concerned with getting everyone on and off as quickly as possible. However the flight was not bad just tight and endurable for it's 2 hour length. That however would be the limit. I dont believe I would want to be in those seats for longer. For a shortish hop around Asia it was acceptable and reasonably priced. I would use them again but not for longer than two hours.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"actually had 52kg in total"

Trip Verified | Penang to Singapore. I don't like feeling hustled! My girlfriend and I ordered tickets online without having a way to weigh our luggage. We were allowed 40kg for baggage claim but actually had 52kg in total. Cost for the difference came out to double our flight costs combined. Our only solution was to stuff as much clothing we could into our carry ons which only made a 5kg difference. The attendant was not helpful with solutions or cost effective options. What's weird is that we're putting the same amount of weight onto the plane!
RoutePenang to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Service on board was rather warm and efficient"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I was pretty impressed by Jetstar Asia, which is not the one in Australia, Japan or Vietnam. This one is based in Singapore, I have been told they have the better service than the other 3, and I could testify that. At Hong Kong airport T2, another counter was opened to cater for passengers who checked in online, hardly anyone did, so I didn't have to wait long to check in. Service on board was rather warm and efficient, departure and arrival was on time. The chicken rice I ordered was surprisingly delicious, and came with a very nice locally made Udders ice cream, a nice finishing touch to my meal. Rest of the flight was very uneventful and restful, the 4 crew worked hard from beginning to end. The flight experience was really way better than I had expected!
RouteHong Kong to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"it was a bad experience"

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore. Airline personnel at Manila airport have bad customer service, unfortunately the ticket that I bought had no luggage allowance (be warned to double check your ticket) or else you have to pay a ridiculous charge of $80 for 1 luggage. The airline check in system is one of the worst, it took me around 1.5hr to get to the counter. Seat clearance is so small and designed for 5’5” and below. Flight crew don’t smile. Overall, it was a bad experience. I have travelled with different airlines, unfortunately, I would not recommend Jetstar Asia due to poor customer service.
RouteManila to Singapore

"overall a great flight"

Trip Verified | Flew Bali to Singapore. Jetstar Asia was an impressive and great airline to travel with. Boarding commenced on time which was great. The crew were also cheerful and friendly. When conducting onboard service, the crew were also careful and considerate. It was overall a great flight and I would definitely fly Jetstar Asia again.
RouteDenpasar Bali to Singapore

"airline’s extortion scheme"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Clark. My family and I booked international flights from the USA to Singapore flying through JAL. We stayed in Singapore for 3 days then booked jetstar to the Philippines. Our luggage allowance with JAL was okay but with Jetstar we were charged excessively. We ended up paying an amount close to the fare of one person. If you go to their site - there are no clear rules about this. They just want to extort as much as they want. Some of their Singapore staff are also rude and dismissive. What good experience I had in Singapore was marred by this airline’s extortion scheme.
RouteSingapore to Clark
Date FlownMay 2019

"carry-on had to get checked in"

Trip Verified | I’m flying over to Manila from Tokyo right now and was recently told that the bag that I’ve been taking as carry-on everywhere along my Jetstar travels had to get checked in, despite meeting the weight and size requirements. Isn’t it strange that there’s a severe lack of consistency across the Jetstar kiosks about what can be taken on as carry-on luggage versus check-in luggage? This may obviously occur at kiosks from other airlines, but what happened here at Jetstar threw my entire travel itinerary for a loop. Being my only means of carrying my laptop back and forth, I had to then awkwardly carry my laptop around like an idiot instead of being able to leave my belongings in a bag that, I was told, was acceptable to have on board. Not only that, but the kiosk was severely unaccommodating. At the end of the day, my message to Jetstar is to get your rules and policies together. Had I known that I had to have a different bag, I would’ve been able to prepare an adequate solution as opposed to frantically having to rearrange my belongings and receiving a severely suboptimal customer service experience. I want Jetstar policies and rules to be both communicated and implemented effectively. That way, other customers don’t have to have their entirely good trip end on such a sour note.
RouteTokyo to Manila
Date FlownJune 2019

"offers fairly decent service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. As mentioned before in previous reviews, Jetstar offers fairly decent service and seats at a competitive price. Ground staff and the air crew are usually very polite and helpful. There was an instance where the crew had actually prepared some candy to be distributed after landing. A really thoughtful gesture.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Singapore

"I have had no issues"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. Jetstar offers tickets that are priced competitively. I have had no issues with Jetstar thus far. Ground staff, as well as the cabin crew have been respectful and helpful throughout the entire trip.
AircraftA320-200