Jetstar Asia

"Think twice about booking Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. I booked a flight for 5 to Bangkok, choose my seats and paid in full. On the day of departure I was informed at the counter the flight was full due to overbooking and I had to take the next flight. Jetstar offered compensation of $150 vouchers for future booking. They will not offer cash vouchers. This is ridiculous as payment has been made in full. Why would I want travel vouchers for another flight with Jetstar? What makes Jetstar think I would want to fly with them in future. Think twice about booking Jetstar.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Good budget airline"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Osaka. Check-in was quick and smooth. We were handed our boarding passes with our pre-assigned max. legroom seats. Our pre-reserved meals were served promptly as soon as the plane reached cruising altitude. My black pepper chicken was hot and tasty. The flight was half full but service was so so. The crew just went about their duties perfunctorily. We enjoyed the lounge access in KIX that came with the fare bundle upgrade. It also came with priority boarding, which was a nice touch. It was pretty much the same story with our return flight after 5 days. Good budget airline. I would fly them again.
RouteManila to Osaka
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Pekanbaru. Initially the ticket price is cheap. Later they want to make money by charging heavily even for little extra luggage weight. Will not recommend this airline
RouteSingapore to Pekanbaru
Date FlownOctober 2018

"unprofessional way of making money"

Trip Verified | At the airport, my hand carry bag was weighed to ensure it was within the maximum allowed 7kg. Since it was within the allowed limit, I was asked to weigh my computer bag as well. Then the total weight exceeded the 7 kg (marginally by 3 kg) and I was made to pay $60. This is a very unprofessional way of making money. It was as if the Jetstar staff were waiting to find an excuse to make me pay extra for something. I will do my best to avoid this airline in the future.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"asked to pay extra for laptop"

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore. Arrived at Terminal 1 in Manila, I have a less than 7kg hand carry plus 1 laptop bag with my laptop inside. Weight of hand carry plus laptop (plus charger) is 9kg. Jetstar is the only airline that asked to pay extra for laptop. I asked why in Changi they never asked for extra for laptop. This guy answered in a rude voice and said that he don't care, and he insisted that I pay. Not sure if this should be a review about the terminal staff or the airline but I won't book on this airline again. By the way, I have booked other budget airlines, to and from Manila, like Cebu Pacific and Tigerair (now Scoot) before, and they never asked for laptop bag excess payment. Since there are other choices, better not book Jetstar. Second problem is that their gate in NAIA Terminal 1 need to take stairs and need to open luggage for them to inspect. I'm fine with this but I just went through 2 screenings before going to the boarding gate so not sure what they want to see. I know they want us to be safe and all but it's just too troublesome for all passengers.
RouteManila to Singapore

"not worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Singapore. Huge hassle all around. Online check in not working, will not send boarding pass in advance, customer service is awful, unhelpful and unaccommodating. If you want easy and stress-free, choose another airline. The cheap ticket is not worth the hassle. AirAsia is much better, easier, and often cheaper.
RouteDenpasar to Singapore

"amazing customer service"

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore. Amazing staff on flight 3K764 Monday 20th August. Late leaving Mania and I was concerned about making my connection in Singapore. Staff contacted Singapore ground staff to find out the gate we would arrive at and where my connection would depart. They also sat me at the front of the plane before landing so I could make leave the aircraft quickly. Thank you for all your help on Monday 20th August, amazing customer service.
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2018

"only has 15kg allowance"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Hong Kong. Jetstar Asia wasn’t a friendly airline nor a cheap flight at all! The flight price itself is reasonable but for the first baggage which only has 15kg allowance was very expensive. For whichever that goes over the 15kg, you need to pay $20~$30 per kg. And you have to pay by kg, no other options - they said ‘you pay or you miss your flight!’ I ended up paying $400 in total for the baggage check in. I asked them if i could take out things from my bag because I was two hours early.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2018

"impressed with the service"

Trip Verified | Jieyang to Singapore. My boyfriend and me were on flight 3K 824 on 30 July 2018. We were very impressed with the service rendered by the 4 crew members. It was a full flight with quite a number of infants, toddlers and impatient elderlies, yet the crews displayed an outstanding amount of patience, cheerfulness and an overall great service. It really made a difference to the general atmosphere of the flight. Thank you for a memorable experience. Good job, keep it up !
RouteJieyang to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2018

"They did not apologize"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Mình City to Da nang. I spent a lot more money to book tickets on this day. Despite of the higher price, we just have only 7kg portable instead of 20kg consignment. After checking in online, I went to get the boarding pass ticket, my family spent over $25 for 15 kilograms on round trip, I carried a 7kg suitcase and a briefcase over 1kg, but that's okay my family does not carry any baggage on the airplane because all their luggage was deposited. At the boarding pass time they checked again my briefcase and it exceeded 7kg so they forced me to pay $25 more with an attitude very unprofessional. They did not apologize and just returned me boarding pass paper to boarded the plane on time. I’m disappointed about the unprofessional attitude of the ground staff from Jetstar.
RouteHo Chi Mình City to Da nang