Jetstar Airways

Jetstar Airways customer review

Perth to Bali. This must be the worst airline that I have ever travelled with and I have not even left the ground yet! I make the booking for a pleasant time of day and even pay extra for the privilege then within a week they reschedule it to a horrible time. After four phone calls and several weeks of aggravation they finally manage get a booking on a flight leaving at 9 am - OK not a bad time. Then we arrive at the airport to be told that they have transferred our Aircraft to a domestic route and we are rescheduled from 9 am to 4 pm - OK Bali at 8 pm hotel at 10 not bad. Then an hour later they reschedule to 7 pm departure! Midnight at the hotel and a days leave wasted and I have not left home yet!
Seat Comfort N/A

Jetstar Airways customer review

I flew PER-MEL on 1st July. The flight boarded well ahead of the departure time but sat at the gate for 45 minutes probably because the Qantas systems were down that day and Qantas passengers were being shuffled onto our flight. We made up time and arrived early. Cabin crew were led by a Staff Development Manager so were on best behaviour. A reviewer below mentioned that all other Australian airlines have 30-33" seat pitch - I'm not sure this is quite true (Tiger run the same aircraft type with the same number of seats and some Virgin seating is very tight these days) but some seats are definitely better than others. What I don't understand is why they only run A320's to Perth - these are the longest domestic flights and according to the website their A321s and A330s have more generous seat pitch.

Jetstar Airways customer review

JQ926 BNE-CNS. The flight had no entertainment which I knew so I just brought my own food on the plane for my entertainment and to eat. The flight with your own entertainment is great.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Myself and partner flew Sydney to Cairns return. From the international terminals we could purchase sandwiches and muffins on the forward trip but they only had Mars bars or crisps on the return trip at 7am in the morning. Pretty ordinary for a 3 hour flight. The seat in economy on the A330 are very tight my knees were on the seat in front flight attendants never smile. Never again.

Jetstar Airways customer review

MEL-HNL via SYD. Jetstar insist that their own international passengers claim their bags at Sydney domestic and then carry them across to International although they will check bags through for American Airlines passengers! In fact nowhere on the ticket is it mentioned that passengers have to make their own way from the domestic terminal in Sydney to the international - either a bus or a train fare away. The only oblique reference I could find on the Jetstar website was that passengers with a Qantas segment on their tickets could use the Qantas shuttle bus without charge. On the SYD-HNL leg I had an empty seat beside me which was fortunate as there wasn't much legroom. A330 economy seats are hard and uncomfortable on a long flight. I had paid in advance for meals - food was OK and the bottle of drink was fine. The flight wasn't great value for the fare I paid. I would suggest that elderly passengers in particular stay away from Jetstar International if their flight involves a domestic connection because Jetstar will require them to claim their own luggage and check in again at the connection point.

Jetstar Airways customer review

JQ038 to Bali and Back. The seats were awful. They are so tight once the person in front reclines you have to recline your seat. We paid for all the extras the food was very limited so we had to buy food anyway they forgot our comfort pack and in fact we found later into the flight they gave it to someone else who hadn't paid for it. The entertainment was very limited and the sound quality was terrible. The staff were non existent and inattentive.

Jetstar Airways customer review

I just returned from Hawaii on jq3/4 and would like to say what a good flight both ways. The crew were delightful and the seating very comfortable. There were long lines at the check in and there were long lines at the other airline check in counters but they moved along and were very efficient. The biggest problem I observed was the minority demanding public that seem to think it was their right to have everything go their own way. I can only imagine that it was this mob that left their seating space like a tip once we had disembarked.

Jetstar Airways customer review

My wife just booked flights and made a mistake booked flights on the right dates but the wrong way round. I rang jetstar to see if they could help me out to change these flights around to the right departure and arrival. I have flown with them for 4 years and when I speak to someone to get it changed they try to charge me $150 more than what it would cost me to rebook and lose the money I first booked with. All I got was "it's policy" nothing we can do but we are helping you the best way we can. It's ok when they change my flights have flights late with no word of a sorry or explanation.

Jetstar Airways customer review

I've flown Jetstar many times and over the last half dozen flights have opted for business class seats. On 11th June we returned from Phuket to Sydney once again in business class. I have to say the food provided on this flight was very disappointing. Very little difference to what companions were given in economy class. Bland tasteless muck. We did have metal cutlery! Once the meal was served the attendants seamed to disappear and even getting a fresh bottled water was a chore. I'm not convinced the extra cost over economy is actually good value. The seats are comfortable if you're above average height and you do get off the flight first upon arrival making it quicker at immigration. overall though I think they need to lift their game. In their favour I did think the food quality was better on the Sydney to Thailand leg maybe they need to look at the suppliers in Thailand?

Jetstar Airways customer review

You can't check-in until 2hrs before flight. But you must check in at least 1/2 hr before - no exceptions - or then you lose your ticket. This means check-in counter staff are idle until each flight opens - then bombarded - by the people who are all waiting just outside the check in queue anyway. They usually don't use air- bridges so you have to walk in the weather across the tarmac. You kind of expect that on a little Dash-8 at a regional airport - but not on a big jet in a capital city. As per Jetstar website seat pitch on the A320 is 28" - not 30". All other Aussie airlines have 30-33". That makes a big difference on a 5.2hr flight BNE-PER. Seats only recline about 4 degrees back as a result. You can't even get a drink of water for less than $3.50. No room in overhead lockers because they're full of carry-on luggage from those who won't pay $18 for checked luggage - but will happily pay for numerous $7 bourbons en-route. You can't move to spare seats because they are sold to someone. The worst aspect: You can't check your bags through on multiple domestic flights (only on some international). You have to get your bags after each flight and then re-check for the next flight and re-clear security. A pain when there's 5 hrs between flights (remember - can't check in until 2hrs before) but worse if your flights are close & first flight is late. For inflight entertainment you do have the option of paying $10 for an iPad but these are limited.