Jetstar Airways

"cancelled due to staff shortage"

Trip Verified | JQ 401 on July 14th was cancelled due to staff shortage. Were kept waiting and chased from gate to gate forwards and backwards only to be told after 3 hrs that the flight was cancelled. Were offered transport to ibis hotel at olympic park after another 4 hrs am wait. We preferred to take the train where we had to deal with our luggage and changing trains 3 x. The food allowance was $30 in a hotel where the cheapest hot dinner meal costs $28. No money left for the $35 breakfast. The first flight they could book us on was the following day at 2:35 pm. At 2:29 we were told the captain is late for work.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast

"Cancelled my flight"

Not Verified | Cancelled my flight from Sydney to Gold Coast. Moved my flight to afternoon the next day and refused to time so I can change hotel bookings and ruined whole trip. Made me lose money and I lost and wasted multiple bookings in Gold Coast for different trains, entertainment, and my next flight.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownMay 2019

"blaming weather conditions"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. Cheap airline blaming weather conditions to cancel flights with next availability more than 36 hours from the original time. Jetstar was the only airline cancelling its flight. No chat or phone line available to help. Shame on you Jetstar.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2019

"an airline of last resort"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Hobart. Worst airline for punctuality flying Australian domestic routes. This airlines website provided no flight delays on their app 1 hour prior to arrival. Staff could not provide a reason, when queried, A’s to why the flight was so delayed. If you have commitments at your destination don’t fly with them, it is an airline of last resort.
RouteMelbourne to Hobart
Date FlownJuly 2019

"have never let me down"

Not Verified | Melbourne (MEL) to Coolangatta (OOL). Jetstar is probably one of the best cheap airlines in Australia. They have friendly staff, decent seats with generous leg-room and meals/beverages that are nice but not excessively priced. I have flown Jetstar numerous times and have never let me down!
RouteMelbourne (MEL) to Coolangatta (OOL)
Date FlownMay 2019

"checked luggage did not arrive"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Nadi with Jetstar Airways. My checked luggage did not arrive with my flight in Fiji until 4 days after I arrived. This is is because, and I quote an employee, “the aircraft had too many bags, so we had to take some off”. When I returned home I began seeking compensation for the lazy mistake but the advisor was only willing to pass a message onto management.
RouteSydney to Nadi
Date FlownJune 2019

"Customer service extremely lacking"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Launceston to Sydney. Weather was very bad with extreme fog lingering all day meaning that most flights in and out were cancelled. This is not the bit that bothers me because weather is something out of an airlines control. What is in Jetstar's control is rescheduling. Instead of running a flight the next day for us, Jetstar instead tried dumping passengers on pre-existing flights, all of which were booked out until Tuesday! (My flight was supposed to be Sunday). If they had put on another flight on Monday, I would not mind. Customer service at Jetstar is extremely lacking. Would not even offer me a cash refund, instead trying to offer me a voucher! I had to spend hundreds rebooking myself on a Virgin Australia flight the next day in some hope of trying to salvage my hotel booking in Sydney and getting myself onto my International flight a day later.
RouteLaunceston to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Jetstar, you need to improve your services"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Arrived at terminal to see on the departure board that my flight was delayed. I was not notified by email or text that it had been delayed. If I had been, I would have left a lot later from home. Then it was delayed, a second time. I'm now waiting almost 3 hours to get on a flight which takes 50 minutes to get to my destination. I asked the reception workers what is going on, they have no answer. I have never had issues with Air NZ, they always communicate any delays via email. If I had more money I would have flown with them. Jetstar, you need to improve your services. This is unacceptable! Do you even bother to read your reviews? So many negative reviews, I'm surprised that you get any business. I will not be traveling with you again.
RouteAuckland to New Plymouth
Date FlownJuly 2019

"travel vouchers as compensation"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Melbourne. We booked two round way tickets - Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh. Due to health issues we needed an upgrade to business class on our flight back to Australia. We paid an additional $1584.22 for the upgrade. We were not advised there would be no refund applicable if our flight was cancelled (we have saved the chat history evidence, no such policies were mentioned). Due to foreseen circumstances, the original flight was cancelled and we were forced on to economy on the replacement flight when there were more than 2 seats available in the business cabin. (The response from their customers' service regarding this complaint was there were no seats in business which is not true) We were ensured by Jetstar staff we were guaranteed with business class seats on the replacement flight (online customer service representative and ground staff who I’ve confirmed with on the night of the cancellation ). I have saved all the chat history with the customer service representative. The Jetstar customer service representative has given us misleading information. Also in the attached itinerary, it shows our return flight is BUSINESS. If we were told originally that there would be no refund applicable in the event our flight was cancelled, we would not have upgraded the tickets in the first place. In summary, Jetstar has misled us and failed to deliver the service promised and subsequently stolen 1584.22 dollars from us. This is not a small amount of money and it was paid for a service which wasn't delivered. If we didn't pay for the upgrade, we will come home with zero additional cost. After lodging a complaint, they offered some travel vouchers (with time limits) as compensation. We do not want some travel vouchers as a refund, we need our full payment for the upgrade back.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2019

"my flight was delayed again"

Not Verified | I will never fly Jetstar again. On 21st June 2019 I was meant to fly from Perth to Bali the flight was cancelled for no reason at all. I was put on another flight the next day but before I left home I got a text from Jetstar saying my flight was delayed again. I went to the airport and I finally left Perth at 4pm on Saturday afternoon of the 22nd June.
RoutePerth to Denpasar Bali