Jetstar Airways

"no refund was possible"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. The flight was cancelled and Jetstar’s refund terms limit your ability to make other options. The return flight was not until the next afternoon, costing me a day’s work. I paid for premium seating but the staff member sitting next to me got the window seat and felt like playing loud YouTube clips without earphones. I was told a refund would be possible but following up a week later they said because I took the flight home no refund (even partial for the inconvenience) was possible.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Date FlownOctober 2018

"prepare for a longer delay"

Trip Verified | Constant delays as we have experienced yet again can only mean that either the maintenance being performed on these aircraft are substandard or the operational side of the airline is substandard. Four hours late arriving for a wedding in Denpasar Bali though part of this issue was not caused by Jetstar. And now we are sitting in the airport in Bali waiting to leave and a minimum five hour delay though they are telling us to prepare for a longer delay. No airline should be allowed to operate with these constant engineering and or mechanical delays.
RouteDenpasar to Perth

"No apologies offered"

Trip Verified | Given our recent experience with Jetstar, this airline doesn't deserve a rating (can you give a negative score?), it was shocking. Our flight from Uluru was scheduled to depart at 12.55. Before leaving our hotel we received a text saying flight departure changed to 15.00. On arrival at the airport, advised departure now 17.30. (Given a $7 voucher for our inconvenience). Further announcement, departure now expected to be 18.30 (given another $7 voucher). By this time the only cafe at the airport had run out of all food. Later advised flight expected to depart 19.30. Plane arrived around 19.30, by the time we got airborne it was 20.15 approx. Got to my house in Melbourne around midnight instead of 4.30pm. No apologies offered by Flight Captain or Aircrew. (Our flight to Uluru from Melbourne was also delayed 3 hours).
RouteUluru (Ayres Rick) to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"haven't received any response"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore, 9 Oct 2918 the Jetstar Airways flight QF5204 was delayed for about 50 minutes due to computer problems. We finally departed Jakarta at about 4:00 pm local time and when we arrived Singapore, it already almost at 7:00 pm Singapore time. The crew didn't inform passengers at all about how we are going to catch our connecting flight to Sydney with 7:30 departure schedule. We were just instructed to go directly to Gate D46 from the arrival at Gate C24. It was quite far. My wife with her back problems and knee weakness have to follow me to run as quickly as we could. When we arrived at Gate D46 it was already closed. We were instructed to go to the transfer desk to take another flight which is QF2. It's good that we still have another flight. But why the crew with QF5204 didn't tell us about this once we exit the plane on Gate C24? It was really a outright ignorant of Qantas. Even after I wrote the same complain in their website, till now I haven't received any response.
RouteJakarta to Singapore

"felt entirely disrespected"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Cairns. I have flown Qantas many times and expected their sister airline to have some of the same polish and class but on that score it failed. The process used to check in could not have been more confusing and frustrating. I was over weight on baggage and the process to purchase additional kilos required visiting not one but two additional desks and then waiting in line again to check the baggage. Why does it have to be so complex? Could this airline do anything more to make a passenger feel like an object without value? The flight itself was uneventful and comfortable enough but after the difficulties checking in and paying for additional baggage (the fees were excessive and made this anything but a "budget" flight), I was frustrated, angered and felt entirely disrespected by the airline. I will try my best to avoid Jetstar in the future.
RouteBrisbane to Cairns
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"worst airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Jetstar is by far the worst airline that I have ever flown with. Extremely unprofessional and rude ground staff, long delays, very bad organisation, dirty planes. Don’t ever waste your time and money flying with this airline.

"Very below par airline"

Trip Verified | Very below par airline! They cancelled my flight that was booked from Cairns to Melbourne on Sept 27th 2018. Wouldn't refund me and wouldn't change my flights without having to pay "the change flight fee" As I am a mad Westcoast Eagles supporter who had tickets to the AFL grand final that weekend and to the footy show for that night. The flight was cancelled in that morning, there was no way I was going to miss out. I was then forced to book a new flight that day with Tiger airways. At a cost of $400!! I tried everything and was on the phone for an extensive amount of time. All I asked was for at least a refund as I had to rebook another flight. Will never fly with Jetstar again! Very disappointing from a very below par airline.
RouteCairns to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"rude customer service"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Horrible, rude customer service. I've flown budget airlines in India, US and Europe. Nowhere are the airline employees as rude as this airline. They let some customers through with 1 or 2 kgs extra weight ahead of me in my line. Saw an Indian passport and made it a point to reduce the weight to 10kgs, not a gram more. This was given the fact that I was carrying 10 lithium polymer battery is weighing 6 kgs which I had no option to check in. Avoid this airline at all costs.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Obviously they don't care"

Not Verified | Cairns to Sydney. The ground staff of Jetstar was extremely rude and unprofessional. Poor manners and attitudes. Submitted complaint to Customer Care Team did not reply. Followed up with Live Chat. Not helpful at all. They just tried to brush you off. Obviously they don't care.
RouteCairns to Sydney

"I got what I paid for"

Trip Verified | The flight was on time as was the return trip. Cant complain with the airline. The only issue I had was the legroom in economy as I am over 6 foot, but its pretty much the same for every airline these days. No IFE so you have to bring your own or a book like I did. Any food or drink purchases are by card only, so beware they don't take cash. All in all I got what I paid for knowing its a budget airline (I paid extra for baggage and to choose my seat) and would fly them again.
RouteSydney to Queenstown