Jetstar Airways

"5 flight cancellations!"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | 5 flight cancellations! No refund issued but credit vouchers which were unwanted. I've been on live chat, telephone, and email without resolution so far. We booked a flight in good faith, we tried to rebook but the company kept cancelling and are not issuing refunds.
RouteAuckland to Dunedin
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"this company just care about money"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with them from Auckland to Christchurch on 31st August and back from Queenstown to Auckland on 9th September. The first flight was cancelled due to coronavirus alert level3. Just to let you know, Air New Zealand kept their flights going so why have Jetstar cancelled? The answer is the company don't want to loose money and don't care about their customers. Believe me, the reasons is not Covid19. Instead of giving me a refund, Jetstar just offered me a voucher (still haven't received anything yet). Because it's really important for me to go I decided to pay $300 to go with Air New Zealand. Today is 4th September, and surprise Jetstar cancelled the return flight (we are now on level 2 and Air New Zealand keep their flights going). What do Jetstar want to offer me? Of course one more voucher because they don't want to give me back my money! So now I'm stuck in the South Island and my only option is to go back with Air New Zealand paying an extra $400. So because this company is not serious at all I lose almost $700. If they would like to take care of their customers they will refund straight away the money and plan things in advance. But nope, they don't care at all. Believe me, this company just care about money and if they can take advantage of you they will. Do not lose your time and money with them and use a serious company.
RouteAuckland to Christchurch
Date FlownAugust 2020

"a very convenient flight"

Not Verified | Gold Coast to Auckland in January 2020. It was a very convenient flight as I did not have to transit through Sydney. I like to fly Jetstar whenever possible.
RouteGold Coast to Auckland
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"provided good service"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Melbourne to Busselton (West Australia) was cancelled due to the COVID -19 pandemic. I was contacted by Jetstar to inform me of the cancellation and was informed that I could get a credit or reschedule . They also advised that I could get a refund by contacting them. I decided on a refund as it gives me the most flexibility. I expect to be in for a big protracted struggle when in fact the opposite was the case. I phoned the contact centre number and was talking to a person within 3 minutes. I explained my situation and they informed me that I qualify for a refund and that it would be processed within 2 weeks. True to their world I received the cash into my credit card account today. Jetstar gets some bad press sometimes, in this instance they were true to their word and provided good service.
RouteMelbourne to Busselton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refuse to give me a refund"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | They cancelled my flight twice due to the coronavirus, but refuse to give me a refund. I had told them that having my flight cancelled twice has been an extreme financial burden to me. I am a student and asked for compassion from their company. Nobody wanted the flights to be cancelled yet they still refuse to refund my ticket. I tried refunding it through their website but when I tried, they gave me a credit voucher. I told them that I wouldn’t use the credit voucher because I have no intention of flying with them anymore. They said that I should give it to family or friends if I won’t use it. What kind of resolution is that? Their service is absolutely terrible. I talked to their chat support for 1.5 hours but still refuse to refund it. They can transfer it to a different flight but can’t return the money to me?
RouteTokyo to Osaka
Date FlownAugust 2020

"My good seat given away"

Trip Verified | My good seat given away, and thrown down the back of the plane, 80% Extra Transfer fee to another flight, not telling people that no-one except essential services can enter Queensland now, a police escort on the next flight out of Queensland, with a ticket fee one third extra. $120. Cab fee and $450.
RouteSydney to Prossipine
Date FlownAugust 2020

"won't even give me a voucher"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney booked for October 2020. Just called customer service and explained that my accommodation in Sydney had closed its doors & issued a refund due to covid, my travel insurance company issued a refund also. Jetstar won't even give me a voucher to fly another time. Melbourne is in stage 4 lockdown & you can't fly anywhere anyway, my trip is for 5 nights but you have to quarantine for 14 days if your not from that state. I asked why they haven't changed the terms & conditions in accordance with with the global pandemic, she just kept saying no our policy doesn't change.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"do not care about their customers"

Not Verified | I booked a flight with them to New Zealand in June, which was cancelled due to coronavirus. Instead of giving me a refund, Jetstar just gave me a voucher. Today is 4th August, my Australian visa is expiring soon and I must go back to my home country (where Jetstar do not operate). Due to this situation I will not be able to use this voucher because traveling is not allowed at this times and I do not have any plans to go back to Australia at any time soon. When I've called Jetstar today to explain this situation and require a refund of my money the answer I have received was: "you can sell you voucher to someone else if you can not use it". Now, I will lose $700 because Jetstar do not care about their customers and have a completely disrespectful policy. Believe me, this company just care about money and if they can take advantage of you they will. Do not lose your time and money with this people.
RouteSydney to Auckland
Date FlownJune 2020

"never fails to disappoint me"

Trip Verified | Having flown with Jetstar numerous occasions over many years it never fails to disappoint me. Why are they currently listing flights as being available on Webjet and when you go and book and pay for them you get confirmation. Then less than 12 hours later they cancel them! They then direct you to a 'chat with us' system that doesn't work and if you chose to get the voucher you still lose the Webjet booking fee and the voucher cannot be used to re-book the flight with Jetstar on another flight on the same day because it takes 2 weeks to issue. What they are trying to do is to get the travelling public to do their work by listing flights that they never intend to fly, letting people book, then cancelling the flights which force those people to re-book onto any remaining flights (usually Jetstar) and then because they can't use the voucher to re-book they are going to be forced to use this disgusting airline again within the next 12 months or lose their money. If I had any choice out of Hobart I would pay more not to use Jetstar. Is Webjet in cahoots with Jetstar on this, so it makes a booking fee on flights that are never going to fly?
RouteHobart to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2019

"you have ripped me off"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Melbourne. Just like everyone else on here. Voucher for 840$, can't use it. If you even bother to read this in Jetstar HQ, you have ripped me off. Never again you only got a 1 out of ten because I cant give you zero.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne