Jetstar Airways

"would never recommend this airline"

Not Verified | I have only bad words about this airline. Seats are hard, don't even have a pocket in front to put the water, many flights are delayed and canceled but worse than anything: They don't care at all about customer satisfaction, if there is any kind of problem you will receive no help at all! Been billed without my permission, called customer service and all they have to say "was an automated process so we can't help". Completely useless, I would never recommend this airline to anyone!
RouteSydney to Gold Coast

"I enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | Cabin crew & airport staff all do their best. We had a great captain & turbulence today. I enjoyed the flight. But Jetstar the airline is awful, it's like some "Freemium" game. Next, the seat belt will be $10. Today, Jetstar herded people to stand at the gate at Gold Coast - before the A320 had even disembarked it's last load! Jetstar made 120 people, many elderly, stand for 20mins in a queue to nowhere, just for Jetstar's convenience. My tip: wait until the line is already getting short, rather than standing in the 'maze' for no reason. Also check your fare rules. I find 'Plus' the best/least worst.
RouteGold coast to Canberra
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"Completely unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Completely unprofessional. Arrived on time for my international flight to Japan, waiting in line and got a text, flight cancelled. Rebooked in 24 hours. I have accommodation booked, hire to pick up. Just because they can not organise the crew for the international flight. Hopefully I will fly tomorrow, but I will never book another flight with Jetstar.
RouteGold Coast to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"This airline is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Where do I start? So my and daughter, son and other family members booked a flight to Bali. Flight was cancelled last minute. My daughter and son were split up and now in separate flights. Ok, 25 hours after first leaving planned flight my son finally flies out. Then sends me a pic taking off with duct tape on the aircraft wing. Not a small amount either. Pic below. My daughters bags were lost with baby formula in them. This airline is a disgrace and should be put out of business.
RouteSydney to Bali
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"nothing short of disgusting"

Not Verified | Since 25/12/2022 we arrived in Bali and our bags didn't, Jetstar's service has been nothing short of disgusting, I have given them ample time to find my checked in bag and they don't know where it is. Now they are going to compensate me for my belongings and they have offered 25% of the value of my luggage as a compensation. They don't care about their customers they simply cant be bothered
RouteMelbourne to Bali
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Can’t refund the flight"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Booked a flight with Jetstar as they were more than half the price of other airlines. Have a previous flight before I get on the Jetstar flight with 45kg of luggage + 7kg hand luggage. Paid up to the 40kg limit for checked luggage with Jetstar and as advertised on their website, you can add an extra hand luggage. Was told I cannot do that as it’s already all booked out for the flight, despite when I go in to book the exact same flight, it’s allowing me to add extra hand luggage (so clearly not sold out as they’re saying). Can’t refund the flight I already have to swap it for a new booking. So now I have extra 5kg of luggage that I’m going to get charged a fortune for at the airport that I was willing to pre pay for. Absolute scam.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2022

"cabin crew was friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | The cabin crew was friendly and helpful. But if you're a tall person don't expect the legroom to be great. I am 5'10 and I wasn't even able to stretch my legs. If you do fly with Jetstar just expect: No inflight entertainment (Unless you're flying the Boeing 787), barely any legroom, my knees were against the seat in front of me. Food can be a bit expensive is recommended you bring your own food. Isn't too bad if you're flying around for 1 hour. Your flying on a lowcost airline don't expect to much
AircraftA320-200
RouteMelbourne to Auckland

"Terrible experience"

(Japan)

Not Verified |  Terrible experience. Firstly, the initial "low" prices are a loss leader only. Once you pay for the ability to change or cancel your ticket it's more expensive than SIA business! (Unfortunately we needed a direct flight and Jetstar was our only option). Flight postponed a few hours with email notification. Later postponed again with no notification (found out from our relatives who checked their status page for us). Went from leaving at 9.30pm to 12.30am to 5.30am (check in at 2.30am). So we booked a hotel and rushed to the airport so we could check in so early the next day. Flight cancelled just as we checked into the airport hotel. They refunded the hotel, but there is no compensation for stress, running around, etc. of course. We changed to the flight leaving 9.30pm next day and fortunately this one took off. But late, and not before 90 minutes standing in check-in line (despite being early) because they only had one economy checkin counter open. Staff is abrasive, curt, unfriendly, both on the ground and in-flight. At the other end the wait for our bags was over an hour. My advice - if you travel with Jetstar you're doing it at your own risk. I would advise anyone to take a longer route to get to their destination by choosing any other airline. Jetstar's only redeeming feature is that their economy seats are more comfortable than Emirates economy seats.
RouteKansai to Cairns
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Staff could be nicer to customers"

Not Verified | Staff could be nicer to customers instead of yelling. There are some people who do not fly often and are not familiar with the rules, so be considerate of that and tell them what they are doing wrong instead of being rude.
RouteSydney to Avalone

"horrendous experience"

Trip Verified | If you are thinking of flying to New Zealand using Qantas owned Jetstar, then think again! Read on to understand why. We flew into Auckland Airport, New Zealand on 3.12.22 with the intention to cycle tour around this beautiful country. Unfortunately our hold boxes containing our bicycles and everything else except our hand luggage, did not arrive at the same time. We were left with no option but to hire a car to get to our prepaid accommodation some 60km away. For 4 days we rang and emailed Jetstar. On each occasion we were told that they were still trying to locate our luggage. We were promised on numerous occasions that someone would call us back to give us an update. Annoyingly no call was ever received. With our travel plans totally disrupted, out of sheer frustration, we drove back to Auckland airport to discuss the matter face to face with the lost/delayed baggage department. After queuing for an hour with our angry folk trying to locate their luggage, we finally got to see someone. Eventually, they actually found our boxes whilst we waited. There must of been at least another 6 bike boxes in the lost luggage hall along with literally hundreds of suitcases. Who knows how long we would have been waiting for Jetstar to advise us that they actually had our luggage at Auckland airport. Days possibly weeks we suspect. Ours, is sadly not an isolated incident. Since then, we have sent email after email trying to recover the unbudgeted car hire costs we were forced to spend due to Jetstar’s inabilities. Jetstar flatly refuse to refund us these costs and insist that they will only cover the costs of the emergency toothpaste and brush we had to purchase. Needless to say that after our horrendous experience, we will never be flying with Qantas/Jetstar ever again!
RouteMelbourne to Auckland