Jetstar Airways

"Do not fly Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Sydney. Do not fly Jetstar. I travel for lite work, but have to carry a computer and in past my small briefcase has not been included in hand luggage weight. I was charged an extra 65 dollars in the queue for being 2kg over. No point in flying with them. Go with a better carrier and don’t get ripped off.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Its not worth the hassle"

Not Verified | Booked 4 people Business class from Honolulu to Adelaide and paid $9213 one way. Flight was cancelled that morning and we were put on a Hawaiian Airlines flight in Economy. Was late arriving in Sydney and missed our connection to Adelaide so had to book 2 hotel rooms and were booked to leave Sydney for Adelaide the next morning. Boarded the Jetstar flight at 7am and sat on the plane for 2.5 hours without even being offered a bottle of water. Spent hours on the phone and doing Live Chat just to be offered $ 250 per person. If I wanted to travel Economy I would pay for Economy. If I pay the premium to go Business class for the extra comfort I expect to receive it. If I supplied a service that was worth 25% of what I was supplied I would get arrested but Jetstar seem to get away with it. Dont fly with them. Its not worth the hassle.
RouteHonolulu to Adelaide
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" how poor the service is"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Cairns. I was literally 1 min away from cut off and the computer couldn’t find me, I then went to the customer service desk which in turn delayed me by about 2 mins. I then got told I was 2 mins late to check in and would have to buy another ticket. I cannot put into words how poor the service is .. especially when the staff told Me to go to 2 different places before then saying I was late Arriving 31 mins before departure.
RouteSydney to Cairns

"Very bad airline"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Sydney via Singapore. Very bad airline. The flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore delayed significantly as a result we missed the connection flight from Singapore to Sydney. In total we wasted 7 hours and had to pay a lot for meal and transport re-arrangement fee. Jetstar has no policy to pay compensation for delayed flight. Already knew this is very bad service that is why booking through Qantas but Qantas refuse to pay any compensation and ask to contact Jetstar.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Sydney via Singapore

"Regularly delayed"

Trip Verified | Newcastle to Brisbane. Jetstar I call them latestar. Regularly delayed and will put a flight to the same destination in front of your flight so only one will be delayed. Very poor.
RouteNewcastle to Brisbane
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"very disappointed with Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Cairns to Perth via Darwin. As a budget subsidiary of Qantas. I was expecting Jetstar to be half decent. Next time I’d rather just pay the extra $100 to go on a Virgin plane and get everything included. With Jetstar, you have to pay for checked baggage and for seat selection and meals which adds to the cost and it somehow ends up being more expensive than Virgin or Qantas. The flight I was on JQ 920, was scheduled to leave Cairns at 0850 and arrive in Darwin at 1125. A Jetstar employee notified customers that the flight was delayed by half an hour. 20 minutes later, the same message was repeated meaning the flight had been delayed by an hour. Then I got a notification on my phone saying that the flight wasn’t going to leave until 1650!! This was bad news for me as I had a connecting flight out of Darwin. I then spoke to both Jetstar and Qantas customer services and they couldn’t put me onto another flight combination (even though there were at least 20 seats on two Qantas planes back home, I googled it). The customer service, in my opinion handled it very poorly and only offered me accommodation in Darwin. I needed to get home urgently for an appointment the next day but they couldn’t care less, no sympathy shown at all. I am very disappointed with Jetstar and Qantas and for that matter I will no longer fly with them (this is the fourth time in a row where I have been delayed on a Qantas or Jetstar flight in a year). Never fly with these people on domestic services.
RouteCairns to Perth via Darwin

"Poor customer service"

Not Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. Poor customer service. Had a funeral the next day and they cancelled my flight and wouldn't find a replacement flight or pay for the difference between a different flight. They are the worse humans with no heart. I'd rather drive 12 hours up there than fly with Jetstar.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"refused to let us check in early"

Trip Verified | Queenstown to Auckland. Worst airline. They refused to let us check in early with our 11 month old baby and could not let us check in online as it would not work and have booked us in separate seats. And my fiancé had shoulder surgery so can’t do anything with his arm and they sat our child with him and won’t change it so he can sit with me. We went to the desk to try to change it and they just told us we have to leave it the way it is and won’t do anything
RouteQueenstown to Auckland

"nabbing hapless passengers"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. I just got charged $65 for being over on carry on luggage even though I have zero checked-in luggage. The ground staff were nabbing hapless passengers pre flight like revenue-desperate parking cops. Very uncool. Not travelling with them again!
AircraftUnknown
RouteSydney to Melbourne

"Hopeless customer service"

Not Verified | Auckland to Sydney. Lost the bag, but did not let anyone know so we hung around for an hour while that was being figured promised to deliver between 4 to 8pm the next day. No one showed, promised to deliver before 12.30pm on the next day no one showed, finally turned up at 2.30pm after 5 phone calls and attempt to go through the online complaint system that resulted in being told that someone would get back to me in ten days. Hopeless customer service.
RouteAuckland to Sydney