Jetstar Airways

"lack of customer service"

Not Verified | Denpasar to Sydney. Staff were rude and lack of customer service. They hardly smiled and when asking for Pen to fill up the declaration form, they just had a rude face and was like "Somebody borrowed mine". Pilot was very good though. He was keeping us informed.
RouteDenpasar to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2019

"no time to read fine print"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. This was one of the worst airline experiences I had for such a short distance. The problem is the outrageous penalty system built in fare system. Apparently they have 7 kg in cabin limit. Anyways I could check in my baggage for free but apparently if I bring it on board they charge it. I had a back pack which is 8.1 kg while boarding they decide to weigh bags on board. They charged me$60. Look if I had to pay the same price checking in my bag I would not mind. But this is clearly a bad customer policy especially designed to exploit busy people like me who have no time to read fine print. The ground personal was not helpful either. They were on a tight leash.
RouteSydney to Melbourne

"the worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh city to Sydney. First of all the price is really cheap when comparing to the other airline and because of the cheap price of course the services are not good. The price it showed only the ticket price, not include any other services. You have to pay more for baggage, food or only a blanket and entertainment option. A 8 hours flight with no food, cold but no blanket, bored but can’t watch any show. And the seat, super uncomfortable, I dont know why or just my seat but I can’t pull down the seat so I can’t sleep at all. Obviously this is the worst flight ever.
RouteHo Chi Minh city to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2019

"I paid $200 for a surfboard"

Trip Verified | Perth to Bali. I spent so much time on Jetstar website for finding how to add a surfboard. After a while I decided to call them but no one was able to do so. After all I started an online chat for adding the surfboard and finally we payed $50 for it. Once we arrived at the airport I’ve been told that the Kg for the surfboard weren’t in the package so they charged me other $100. Then I had tho pay other $50 for flight back so in total I paid $200 for a surfboard.
RoutePerth to Bali
Date FlownMay 2019

"never use this air service again"

Trip Verified | When comparing prices, they are deceptive in not clearly showing what all the add on costs could be. They have a shocking web site page whereby to add a seat, food and checked baggage would keep dropping information from the checkout. I had to book singularly for the meal and seat allocation. I could not find costs on baggage as their search details kept telling me they do not fly out of Thailand (only sell seats for such). I could not add the checked baggage option and nor could a friend trying for me in another country. It took hours to try and complete everything and was incredibly frustrating. They do not provide an easy working web site to manage your bookings. They had a chat function, but that was useless for trying to get any help, it was more an automated add on service marketing tool only. Overall experience. I will never use this air service again. $120 Australian dollars paid for check in baggage when the web site had it for around $48. When comparing prices, many other carriers allow 30kg checked baggage. Jetstar are not really comparable on a pricing basis because they charge for anything they can without full disclosure on the compare sites.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2019

"staff were very friendly"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Wellington. Never having flown JetStar before I was a little hesitant however there was no reason to be. The flight is quick so only an hour or so. Seats are comfortable and staff were very friendly on the outbound and pleasant enough on the inbound return flight. We upgraded our seats so we were in the more leg room section but on such a short flight it is not necessary.
RouteAuckland to Wellington
Date FlownJune 2019

"made to pay for extra baggage"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Absolutely disgusted that a staff member was giving incorrect information and telling passengers they can’t put anything in their pocket. Passengers had less than 2kgs over and were made to pay for extra baggage. When I went to customer service to ask, they confirmed you can have items in your pocket! Their excuse was the lady telling people incorrect information was new and didn’t know the rule! That’s appalling. Staff should know the rules.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2019

"charged $60 for carry on"

Not Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. After the service I received from the people at the plane gate then charged $60 for 2kg of carry on luggage after being extorted to choose a seat, exactly the same carry on luggage flown twice with on Jetstar in the last 24 hours. I will never fly with Jetstar again. Fly any other airline.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownMay 2019

"like to thank all the staff"

Not Verified | Denpasar Bali to Adelaide on Monday May 27. I would just like to thank all the staff that were on that flight. These ladies obviously all love their work and are passionate about the service the provide. They were very accomodating and attentive and after leaving such a beautiful holiday it was so nice to be greeted with a genuine smile and warmth. Thankyou for making it such a pleasurable flight.
RouteDenpasar Bali to Adelaide

"so many rude staff"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. Budget service for a budget airline. Honestly I have never met so many rude staff members. From check in to the flight and return they were very rude. Food was overpriced and average but I get that being a budget airline. What I don't understand is why Jetstar offer appalling service when a smile doesn't cost them any extra.
RouteBrisbane to Honolulu via Sydney