Jetstar Airways

"never fails to disappoint me"

Trip Verified | Having flown with Jetstar numerous occasions over many years it never fails to disappoint me. Why are they currently listing flights as being available on Webjet and when you go and book and pay for them you get confirmation. Then less than 12 hours later they cancel them! They then direct you to a 'chat with us' system that doesn't work and if you chose to get the voucher you still lose the Webjet booking fee and the voucher cannot be used to re-book the flight with Jetstar on another flight on the same day because it takes 2 weeks to issue. What they are trying to do is to get the travelling public to do their work by listing flights that they never intend to fly, letting people book, then cancelling the flights which force those people to re-book onto any remaining flights (usually Jetstar) and then because they can't use the voucher to re-book they are going to be forced to use this disgusting airline again within the next 12 months or lose their money. If I had any choice out of Hobart I would pay more not to use Jetstar. Is Webjet in cahoots with Jetstar on this, so it makes a booking fee on flights that are never going to fly?
RouteHobart to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2019

"you have ripped me off"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Melbourne. Just like everyone else on here. Voucher for 840$, can't use it. If you even bother to read this in Jetstar HQ, you have ripped me off. Never again you only got a 1 out of ten because I cant give you zero.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2019

"We need our money back"

Trip Verified | My friend and I were travelling to Vietnam. We were trying to be cautious and followed Smart Traveller (official governement information published in regards the safety of the traveller) which clearly indicated not to travel and decided not to risk our health and request a voucher. But the problem is that we can't use our vouchers in the future as I am no longer there and my friend will be leaving very soon. So, a voucher doesn't make sense. And we don't want a voucher. We need our money back. We have explained them several times. It is a real shame how they have treated us (my friend, really) on the phone, trying to make us look like fools, trying to make us finish their endless calls with hours put on hold, telling us they would call us back and didn't do it. We are never again using Jetstar.
RouteMelbourne to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownApril 2020

"I'm absolutely appalled Jetstar"

Trip Verified | I'm absolutely appalled Jetstar is not willing to issue a refund for our flight. We're currently required to shelter in place for our own safety during this world pandemic. Not to mention many of the international borders are closed and we're unable to fly. Yes, we're all affected by this pandemic, and I understand the airline industry is hurting, but don't attempt to profit off of your customers who aren't even able to utilize your services. Issuing your customers a voucher that expires within 6 months is not acceptable. It's not like we can just put our life on pause and travel whenever we wish. These trips take a ton of planning and coordination to pull off, and the fact Jetstar is unwilling to empathize with their customers during this difficult time is a perfect example of the kind of company that puts ethics to the side in order to benefit themselves for the short-term. Disgusting.
Date FlownApril 2020

"Extremely poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Extremely poor customer service and attempting to profit off a pandemic! My experience with Jetstar has been completely sub optimal. My flight has been cancelled - and despite multiple attempts and hours and hours waiting for live chat or email response, they finally get back and say they can only provide a voucher. This is really a weak offering given every other airline for my trip provided refunds with no questions asked. Then, the most laughable part of all - their voucher is only valid for 6 months! They refuse to adjust the policy. How am I meant to plan and book a trip in the next 6 months with this level of uncertainty and borders being closed? They are trying to gauge passengers. It's despicable. I will never fly Jetstar Airways and I will ensure that my friends, family and community are advised of this behavior. Do not support such a crooked airline. Its businesses like these that deserve to go under during these times, all of my support will go to airlines that also did their best to service their customer and meet needs and expectations. I will be happy to book time and time again on those other airlines.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2020

"offers me only a voucher"

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with Jetstar. I am requesting a refund for the canceled Brisbane to Melbourne flight ($ 610) the day after I booked it. Jetstar offers me only a voucher that I cannot use. I am returning to my country on Thursday and have no other flights available before this day. They don't want to hear anything. Jestar is taking advantage of these times of crisis to rip off people. Shame on you.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne via Sydney

"terrible, terrible company"

Trip Verified | I’m very upset with the customer service I received. I booked a flight through Jetstar for the first time to fly from Hawaii to New Zealand and because of Covid-19, Jetstar has to cancel my flight to New Zealand and gave me a voucher instead of a returned payment. During these hard times where I am currently out of a job and trying to pay my rent, I called to see if I could get a refund and had very poor customer service. The man I spoke with continuously talked over me and said it’s a non refundable ticket. I booked with Hawaiian airlines for my return flight which was also non refundable and they gave me a full refund because THEY had to cancel my flight. It is the right thing to do and I will never fly with this airline. People are in need of money right now. The right thing to do is return people’s money when Jetstar has to cancel my flight due to border closures. Terrible, terrible company.
RouteHonolulu to Auckland via Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2020

"The most disgraceful airline"

Not Verified | The most disgraceful airline. Cancelled our flight altogether coming out of Nadi to Sydney. Expected us to accept a flight 2 days later. Incurred 1000’s of dollars more rebooking with Virgin and last minute. Do not fly with the company. Getting a refund is near impossible and when you do they tell you they will take a month to give you your money back. Disgraceful JetStar!
RouteNadi to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2020

"definitely fly Jetstar again"

Not Verified | Perth to Gold Coast. The tray table was clean, as well as the seat, windows and lavatory. Although, there was food and gum stuck to the floor. Before the flight, I had to wait in a giant queue to get my baggage weighed, even though I wasn't purchasing extra baggage. There were machines that were supposed to weigh the bags but they were not working. Both pilots managed to do nice smooth landings. For the price, it was a great experience and I'll definitely fly Jetstar again.
AircraftA320-200
RoutePerth to Gold Coast
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"non-existing support"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Bali via Sydney. The flight was cancelled by Jetstar, but they refused to refund it and gave a (useless, since I won't come back to a region where Jetstar flies in the next years) voucher instead. Very bad experience, non-existing support, 'chat-robots' that (if you should reach out for one) only say 'we are sorry but we can not change anything'.
RouteAdelaide to Bali via Sydney