Jetstar Airways

"never travel with Jetstar again"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Sydney. They canceled my flight because they didn’t have enough staff, the link they provided in the e-mail didn’t work, I called and I was on the line for over an hour an no one picked up (that was after couple of minutes of dealing with AI). There was a flight after my canceled flight but because if that it was booked fully, I called as a new customer and they picked up the phone immediately, they didn’t provide any good solutions I asked for refund so I can go back with another airline but of course no refund, so I didn’t make it back for my business and missed a lot of thing, I will never travel with Jetstar again.
RouteAdelaide to Sydney

"my luggage was missing"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Honolulu via Sydney. Auckland checkin people helped with an issue with my flights (ended up with two ref numbers) so the issue was to correct them so my luggage transferred (both routes where with Jetstar). Auckland to Sydney went well with no issues. The next flight I didn’t have food booked and it was difficult to find someone to fill my water bottle on the flight. In Honolulu my luggage was missing and it’s been almost impossible to speak to anyone from customer services. My delayed luggage was reported and since I’m flying onward to an area not covered by Jetstar I was told it would be to expensive for them to forward my luggage that their lost (so I’m starting to think I’ll never see that again).
RouteAuckland to Honolulu via Sydney

"Very positive experience"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Phuket. The trip went smooth, on time in both ends, friendly staff both in Singapore and onboard the plane. Very positive experience. We do not expect that, when it comes to LCC.
RouteSingapore to Phuket
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"option for an additional charge"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Cairns. Firstly I have to say that having the entertainment system blankets and drinking water as an option for an additional charge appears to be a really bad service since long range flights over 4h are expected to include those features in the price. Flying from KIX to CNS on a Boeing 787 was just another less than average service. Having pre-booked the entertainment package ($10) and a meal($10) to make sure that this flight remains a chance to be somewhat 'okay' still turned out as not being enough. My screen was frozen about 1:10h after starting to watch a movie. After it automatically rebooted, the system asked me to pay for the use of the entertainment system, so I contacted a crew member and asked if they could fix that issue. Even during the remaining 5+ hours they weren't able to make it work - wasted money (rip-off). Second flight, same day, CNS-BNE, A320: Pre-purchased a meal when I booked that flight and expected to have it served before other customers who still have to pay for whatever they order on the plane. This wasn't the case either. Instead it took that long, that landing was only 30 minutes away on a 2h flight.
RouteOsaka to Cairns

"worst flight experience"

Not Verified | The worst flight experience ever. Jetstar cancelled our flight when we waiting at the boarding gate at Melbourne Airport. The reason is engineering problem of the airplane. At first, as the the flight departure is quite close to the departure time and still haven’t received any announcement about the flight until the last minute. After a while, Jetstar announced that the flight will delay for another 30 minutes to check and fix the problem of the plane but unsuccessful. They gave each of us $10 refreshment voucher to spend in the airport.
RouteMelbourne to Bali

"The filthiest plane"

Not Verified | Perth to Melbourne. The filthiest plane I have ever been on. The seats weren't even brushed for crumbs and sand. There's also absolutely no room for your small carry on items, not even a water bottle or purse. Extremely long wait at every point of checking in and boarding. Will never fly with this carrier again, not worth the small money savings.
RoutePerth to Melbourne

"Fly the competitor"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Christchurch to Auckland. Worst airline every step of the way. Perpetually understaffed. I ended up paying $150 for an extra bag even though I had already paid, already flown one leg with it, and showed a receipt for the payment. Also, their extra bag fee is $60, not $150 that I was charged. The staff spent so much time figuring out what to do with my receipt that was not in their system, that I was about to miss the flight, gave up, and paid any number just to depart and make my connection. And after all that they damaged my fragile cargo, which I fly with all over the world and no other airline has ever had a problem handling. Fly the competitor, trust me.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteChristchurch to Auckland

"I do not like Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Sydney. I do not like Jetstar at all. I’ve been flying for years and years now and they are the only airline I’ve experienced that does not offer complementary drinks and weighs your personal bag and carry on. Also the inflight entertainment cost money so I had nothing to do for my 10 hour flight. Every other airline I’ve been on, if they have it, it has been complementary. The flight attendants returning home were extremely rude when I politely asked for a cup of water! I will not be flying with Jetstar again in the future.
RouteHonolulu to Sydney

"can't rely on Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. If you want to make it anywhere on time or have life dependent on getting anywhere then don't use Jetstar. Absolute joke. Flight delayed from 4pm to 6pm no explanation why. Missed my meeting which was well timed 3 hours after my flight was suppose to land. Why have a departure time if you cant meet it. Def will spend the extra money next time and go Virgin cause can't rely on Jetstar. If I could give less then 0/10 i would.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2019

" cancelled at last moment"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. My flight has been cancelled at last moment due to weather, it is understandable. But after waiting at airport counter, they were not able to give another flight for next 4 days. And offered Qantas voucher with life time validity. Then after a week, I received a Jetstar voucher with only 6 month validity. I am not a regular domestic traveler , so it is same as no refund.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast