Jetstar Airways

"makes you feel unwelcome"

Trip Verified | Staff is unfriendly and overall makes you feel unwelcome. You have to pay for every single thing, and exceeding the (tight) 7kg carry on limit even by <1kg costs $65 - feels like they're just out there to get you. Seats are uncomfortable. Australian equivalent of Ryanair.
RouteSydney to Cairns
Date FlownDecember 2020

"The worst airline ever"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. Paid for an extra oversized bag, was told that was all I needed. When I arrived they told us that we didn’t have an extra bag, that we’d just paid for an oversized bag not another one even though I was reassured that this was fine when purchased. They then tried to change us an extra $250 for the bag. We eventually agreed and watched as they took off our bag. Which is now who knows where. Will never fly with Jetstar again, no matter how cheap they are. Never have these hassles with Air NZ.
RouteQueenstown to Auckland
Date FlownNovember 2020

"not met community standards of communication"

Trip Verified | I did not get to take my flight due to COVID-19. I was provided with a flight voucher, however, after later submitting a complaint to Jetstar I was informed I was not eligible for a refund. Despite raising a number of queries regarding the inconsistent information I was provided and requesting specific details regarding the complaints process, they never responded to my concerns. Further to this, I requested the details of the ombudsmen to which the staff would not respond to. Despite multiple request for return contact, Jetstar refused. Finally after escalating my complaint to the ombudsmen, it was confirmed I was eligible for a refund. I was not advised at the time that this was an option. Jetstar refused to include information that was pertinent to the decision making process which has impacted the financial outcome. Jetstar refuse to respond to this complaint. Jetstar's complaints team continue to refuse any call back requests. By neglecting to include important decision making information, Jetstar has not met community standards of communication.
RouteMelbourne to Bali
Date FlownMarch 2020

"changed our flights twice"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Terrible airline, changed our flights twice and then got to the gate and told us our flight had been delayed 6 hours because they hadn’t checked the engine/engine faults. Also charged me $65 for being less than a kg overweight and charges $4 for a plain tea on the plane.
RouteWellington to Auckland
Date FlownOctober 2020

"5 flight cancellations!"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | 5 flight cancellations! No refund issued but credit vouchers which were unwanted. I've been on live chat, telephone, and email without resolution so far. We booked a flight in good faith, we tried to rebook but the company kept cancelling and are not issuing refunds.
RouteAuckland to Dunedin
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"this company just care about money"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with them from Auckland to Christchurch on 31st August and back from Queenstown to Auckland on 9th September. The first flight was cancelled due to coronavirus alert level3. Just to let you know, Air New Zealand kept their flights going so why have Jetstar cancelled? The answer is the company don't want to loose money and don't care about their customers. Believe me, the reasons is not Covid19. Instead of giving me a refund, Jetstar just offered me a voucher (still haven't received anything yet). Because it's really important for me to go I decided to pay $300 to go with Air New Zealand. Today is 4th September, and surprise Jetstar cancelled the return flight (we are now on level 2 and Air New Zealand keep their flights going). What do Jetstar want to offer me? Of course one more voucher because they don't want to give me back my money! So now I'm stuck in the South Island and my only option is to go back with Air New Zealand paying an extra $400. So because this company is not serious at all I lose almost $700. If they would like to take care of their customers they will refund straight away the money and plan things in advance. But nope, they don't care at all. Believe me, this company just care about money and if they can take advantage of you they will. Do not lose your time and money with them and use a serious company.
RouteAuckland to Christchurch
Date FlownAugust 2020

"a very convenient flight"

Not Verified | Gold Coast to Auckland in January 2020. It was a very convenient flight as I did not have to transit through Sydney. I like to fly Jetstar whenever possible.
RouteGold Coast to Auckland
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"provided good service"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Melbourne to Busselton (West Australia) was cancelled due to the COVID -19 pandemic. I was contacted by Jetstar to inform me of the cancellation and was informed that I could get a credit or reschedule . They also advised that I could get a refund by contacting them. I decided on a refund as it gives me the most flexibility. I expect to be in for a big protracted struggle when in fact the opposite was the case. I phoned the contact centre number and was talking to a person within 3 minutes. I explained my situation and they informed me that I qualify for a refund and that it would be processed within 2 weeks. True to their world I received the cash into my credit card account today. Jetstar gets some bad press sometimes, in this instance they were true to their word and provided good service.
RouteMelbourne to Busselton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refuse to give me a refund"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | They cancelled my flight twice due to the coronavirus, but refuse to give me a refund. I had told them that having my flight cancelled twice has been an extreme financial burden to me. I am a student and asked for compassion from their company. Nobody wanted the flights to be cancelled yet they still refuse to refund my ticket. I tried refunding it through their website but when I tried, they gave me a credit voucher. I told them that I wouldn’t use the credit voucher because I have no intention of flying with them anymore. They said that I should give it to family or friends if I won’t use it. What kind of resolution is that? Their service is absolutely terrible. I talked to their chat support for 1.5 hours but still refuse to refund it. They can transfer it to a different flight but can’t return the money to me?
RouteTokyo to Osaka
Date FlownAugust 2020

"My good seat given away"

Trip Verified | My good seat given away, and thrown down the back of the plane, 80% Extra Transfer fee to another flight, not telling people that no-one except essential services can enter Queensland now, a police escort on the next flight out of Queensland, with a ticket fee one third extra. $120. Cab fee and $450.
RouteSydney to Prossipine