Jetstar Airways

"awful way to treat people"

Trip Verified | Christchurch to Denpasar via Melbourne. My boyfriend and I left early from Christchurch on Feb 14 looking forward to getting to Denpasar for a 10 day trip. We were delayed in Christchurch for a couple of hours because Jetstar did not have the equipment required by the regulations. We paid $80 each to check in one bag each. When we got to Melbourne, we were rushed to our next plane. We had no time to get food as planned and as a result, spent a lot on food to Denpasar. When we got to Denpasar at around 1 pm local time, our bags did not come off. We waited in the long line at baggage services and were told they had no idea where our luggage was. We were given a PIR number and sent on our way. We have no clothes or toiletries. There absolutely no inquiry about how this would affect our plans or how they could help us. It has been a day and still they have no idea where our luggage is. Jetstar is very difficult to get ahold of and really not helpful. The customer service has been awful so far. We are stuck in a foreign country with none of our belongings and no timeline. I would expect that the airline would contact us (not the other way around), and apologize and give us information at least, compensation for at best. If they were going to rush us to the other flight in Melbourne because of their delay, they should have been honest and told us they would not also be sending our luggage- then we would not have gotten on. It is an awful way to treat people.
RouteChristchurch to Denpasar via Melbourne

"sorry for miscommunication"

Trip Verified | Jetstar has canceled both the flights (Melbourne to Bali return) and both the time it was an engineering issue. They asked me to stay in the same hotel where i was staying in Bali and said that the amount will be paid by Jetstar. When I went to claim that money, then they say there is a limitation of $150 per day and said sorry for the miscommunication.
RouteMelbourne to Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Very disappointed in the service"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Bangkok. Very disappointed in the service that I have received from Jetstar. After checking in my suitcases, l was advised that the brand new pram & portacot for my 6 mth old needed to be taken to oversized luggage check in. Flight details JQ17 3:20pm 12/02/2019. l did this, however l noticed that when the female staff member asked for my boarding pass, she then ripped off our labels, that I had printed out when my other luggage was checked, and stuck on different labels. This only occurred as a problem to me, when all my other luggage arrived at our destination and there was no portacot or pram! Jetstar have been contacted and all they can say is that they have no idea where it is! I have had to chase up Jetstar and Melbourne airport where I cannot get a definitive answer! Jetstar have been very unhelpful and don’t give a damn! Stuck with an infant in a foreign country with no portacot and no pram has proven to be very difficult thus far!
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok

"Terrible delays!"

Trip Verified | Flew Jetstar Airways from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi. Terrible delays! Will never recommend! We received multiple messages of delays within hours. Our flight kept getting pushed back hour after hour. We had reservations for a pick up in Hanoi and a hotel we had to cancel because of this! Terrible airline, never flying again.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hanoi

"No complaints here"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. This is a budget airline so I wasn’t expecting bells and whistles. My flight was cancelled but I was put up overnight in a very pleasant hotel called The Branksome. We had a delicious buffet which was Indian curry. When I checked in the morning my workplace still went on without me and my business still exists. My customers understood these things happen. Given the choice of a maintenance issue with an aircraft and a cancelled flight with overnight accommodation and dinner provided, I will take the second option every time. No complaints here.
RouteSydney to Brisbane

"delayed over 24 hours"

Trip Verified | Launceston to Sydney. Our flight was delayed over 24 hours. There were open seats on other flights but the airline would not release our baggage. The reason given was that they did not have adequate ground staff to unload the baggage from the plane. We just went over 12 hours from the last update on status of the flight When I asked if there was a manager to whom we could provide feedback the answer was no When trying to submit a claim for direct costs associated with the flight we spent over an hour trying to upload receipts but each time the customer service agent terminated the session before the claim could be submitted There is no email address to send a claim to. No phone number to call. No form that one can complete with a claim This was our first trip to Australia. We had paid a significant amount to have two nights in Sydney. Instead we will have 8 hrs from 11pm to 7am to see the City. This airline is a disgrace. I have never experienced this lack of communication or customer service Do us all a favor.
RouteLaunceston to Sydney

"Customer service non-existent"

Trip Verified | Was due to fly Jetstar business class from Melbourne to Denpasar. Received text overnight indicating flight was cancelled. Live chat gave me 2 options: a flight via Singapore with Qantas later that day or wait another 1.5 days for a Qantas direct flight. I chose the first option and was assured that as I had booked JQ business class, I would be transferred to Qantas business class. Of course when I arrived at the airport I discovered I was in QF economy. I again contacted Jetstar live chat, who confirmed I should be in business class but could do no more to help me. A walk to the international Jetstar counter showed it to be closed. My 5.5hr direct flight became a 13hr epic. I am facing the same situation now in trying to get home. Customer service is non-existent - they use bots for direct messaging and facebook comments from the Filipino staff repeat the same information over and over. Not possible to get through to call centre either. Never again.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"I asked for my money back"

Not Verified | Honolulu to Sydney. Worst airline experience I've ever had, and I fly a lot. The savings will not be worth it, pay more and book with another airline. I never write reviews but my experience with Jetstar has been so unbelievably bad, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. They sold me a ticket and never delivered on the flight. They told me to buy my own place to stay in Hawaii for two nights while they tried to find a plane that could actually fly. Mind you, this was in perfect weather, the cancelation was because of "Engineering requirements" whatever that means. They never reimbursed me for the non existent fight, nor the room in Hawaii they told me to book, at the last minute. When I called to try to get my money back they treated me as if I did something wrong, like I missed the flight or something. They were incredibly rude when it was entirely their fault. I asked to speak to a manager, I was denied, I asked for my money back, I was denied.
RouteHonolulu to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not be using them ever again"

Trip Verified | Ridiculous terms and conditions. It was going to cost me more to change my booking than to completely cancel and rebook. I've been bitten twice with this joke of an airline and I will not be using them ever again.
Routen/a
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"outrageous amount for a carry-on"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Gold Coast. They charge the most outrageous amount for a carry-on handbag when you have to pay the bag charge at the gate, 60 dollar for a few kilos. You have to be extremely alert on the weight of your carry-on bag. They advertise with low fares but if you add all the baggage charges and the extra charges at the gate when you have made a mistake with your carry-on bag they are not at all cheap, but quite expensive, this is it how a low cost airline should be, they misuse the rules of baggage weight as they know that people can make mistakes with their baggage weight and the overcharge you without having any options to correct this online. Never again flying with them.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast