Jetstar Airways

"happy with the 12 month voucher policy"

Not Verified | Really happy with the 12 month voucher policy of Jetstar. It offers great flexibility without sinking the airline and it was really easy to request online, came in a few days later.
RouteMelbourne to Auckland
Date FlownApril 2020

"very disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Sydney. A very disappointing experience. Expect condescending staff and opportunistic cash grabs wherever possible. In this case it was $130 to pay for 2 bags (1 per person) that were slightly overweight. They have the scales there ready to go Just before you board the plane and this is despite the check-in baggage allowance being 20kg and therefore no overall additional burden on the aircraft whatsoever. Add to this staff talking down to you like a child! Additionally, this was a return flight - the initial flight was with the parent carrier (Qantas) where a different weight limit applies, despite both flights appearing on the same ticket and under a Qantas letter head.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2020

"hould be offering refunds"

Not Verified | This company should be offering refunds not vouchers during the Covid-19 crisis. Beware: They also change your flights without notifying you. Even once the flight is cancelled, they only offer a voucher. They trick their customers out of a refund in which they are entitled to. If you call them to discuss your options, be prepared to be on hold for minimum 4 hours before being disconnected. They give a short deadline to accept a voucher, expecting a decision without being able to discuss your options with them, as they give not other option but a voucher. Eventually, I got through to them via Messenger. It was like talking to a robot. They repeat their phrases as if it is scripted. Terrible customer service, just another greedy company. Zero stars.
RouteMelbourne to Queensland

"Really bad experience"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Really bad experience start to finish. They offer 20 flights a day, then cancel 90% of them not offering immediate other options in hope that people dont apply for refund. Was only able to get another flight because I paid extra, food was also canceled despite I paid extra on it when I booked. I added another big bag and a carry-on. Was 2kg over with my carry on because I had a handbag with me. Had to pay $65 dollars extra. Staff was nice but the company policies at such times are just unacceptable. Won't fly again with them.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2020

"should be offering full refunds"

Not Verified | Bali to Melbourne. Awful customer support in dealing with COVID-19. They should be offering full refunds to their customers during this time, not trying to capitalize via voucher. I begrudgingly must take a voucher that I never will be able to use again and therefore, I am the one who loses in this situation.
RouteBali to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Didn't​ have​ little​ bit​ of​ manner"

Trip Verified | Darwin to Brisbane​ . Last​ night​ i​ was​ seated​ between​ two​ men​ and​ there​ was​ used​ mask​ at​ the​ front​ of​ me.​ After​ everyone​ seated​ I​ moved to​ front​ seat​ with​ nobody at​ all,​ 3​ seats for​ health​ relate esp this​ Covid19​ time.​ A​ staff​ came​ quick​ said​ "did​ you​ hear​ PA!" I​ said​ no​ sorry.​ She​ told​ "move​ back​ to​ your​ seat!" Didn't you​ have​ little​ bit​ of​ manner to​ speak with​ a​ customer​ or​ ask​ why​ do​ I​ have​ to​ move. After​ i​ moved​ back, more​ than​ 15​ mins​ before​ all​ staffs gave​ safety instruction​ so​ I​ dont​ know​ why​ she​ pick​ me​ to​ cranky about? All​ other​s​ staffs been​ very​ kind​afterward though.
RouteDarwin to Brisbane​

"staff actively annoyed"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Cairns. Went to gate 48, terminal 4 to board. Shocked to find people lining up as usual i.e. closely bunched up, despite being well into pandemic precautions with the entire country aware of appropriate social distancing. Speaking to the staff and asking them to remind people to appropriately distance they responded it is up to individuals and they wouldn’t make any announcement. They were not only unreceptive to this idea they were actively annoyed that I would bring it up. Good luck Australia. With attitudes like this from Jetstar staff god help us all.
RouteMelbourne to Cairns
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Staff were rude and dismissive"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Sydney. Staff were rude and dismissive while trying to check in and ask questions. Then got told at gate we need to pay extra for baggage that we could have checked in. Staff noted that we were told 3 times on the check in machine - that quickly passed through warnings.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2020

"only thing is to give us a voucher"

Not Verified | Just had the most disappointed message from Jetstar after going to Denpasar airport today to see if our flight are still a go ahead for next Saturday afternoon (28th March) and being told that it is still going ahead and if there was a chance there will be other alternatives that they would help with. Then this evening we have just reserved a message from Jetstar saying they will not be flying us home on the 28th and that the only thing is to give us a voucher, but as we have just discovered the flights that are earlier are over $1200 return per person. This is very poor on there behalf, they have not helped there customers at all.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"flights we had were perfectly fine"

Not Verified | Perth to Melbourne. The flights we had with Jetstar were perfectly fine. The amount they charge you for overweight luggage is spelt out very clearly. So I would suggest to people they read what they are purchasing first.
RoutePerth to Melbourne