Jetstar Airways

"were required to change planes"

Trip Verified | We were boarded onto a Jetstar flight from Adelaide to Melbourne. Just before departure, the pilot advised that we were required to change planes. We disembarked and went to another gate which had a plane at the gate which was unable to fly due to a fault. Jetstar then reloaded the first plane with customers travelling from Adelaide to Cairns. Extremely deceptive behaviour. Jetstar are trying to say it was a safety reason but the first plane left for Cairns. Jetstar staff stated that the changed occurred so the Cairns flight could return to Adelaide before the curfew.
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2019

"$60 for being 2kg over their limit"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Sydney. Stingy airline. You get what you pay for but worse in actual fact. It’s worth paying more to avoid the scrutiny Jetstar have with their baggage restrictions, poor quality seating and mediocre staff. I got slogged $60 for baggage being 2kg over their limit with no change to go through my bags. Never again
RouteGold Coast to Sydney

"Absolutely frustrated!"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Absolutely frustrated! Our flights were the most expensive part of our 3 day trip and was the most disappointing experience! First off our flight on Monday 7am was cancelled with no explanation we had to sit at the airport from 5:30am to 1pm, we didn’t get to Melbourne until the afternoon (one day taken up sitting at a airport). then we get to the airport on Wednesday at 1:30 for our 4:30 flight home and 4:10pm the flight gets delayed again, expected departure 6:15 come around to 6pm and it’s delayed again. Didn’t fly out until 7:30pm, no compensation given! Never again will we fly with Jetstar!

"Extremely frustrated"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Extremely frustrated, worst airline ever. The flight was cancelled 4 minutes before the departure time due to “weather” in Melbourne while my friend just arrived in Melbourne 2 hours earlier and was shocked to hear “weather” issue in Melbourne when the weather there was pretty good. While I had to wait in the queue for an hour to see any “flight options”, I already saw online there was no more flight available that night. I already paid for the hotel in Melbourne and couldn’t change. After confirming with the staff in check-in counter, I could only book the flight at 6 am the next morning and was also told I wouldn’t get any compensation for hotel or train cost because it was weather issue, not Jetstar’s responsibility. I had to return home and left home at 4 am to the airport for the flight at 6 am. After I came back, I tried to complain and request for compensation for the hotel. I hadn’t found an email address and could only submit my hotel receipt and train record via an online form and complained to a machine in a chat window who showed no human emotion and just said it was weather and there was nothing they could do. They don’t have Toll free number and the phone number charges apply. They simply refused to take any responsibility or even listen with a human ear. I will never fly with Jetstar again.

"Beyond frustrated"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Bali. Flight was delayed by over an hour for no specific reason. Apparently there were “issues”. Prior to my recent vacation, I’ve also flown with Jetstar and every time it has been unpleasant. I’d recommend just paying a little more and going with something more reliable, punctual and comfortable. Beyond frustrated
RouteMelbourne to Bali
Date FlownNovember 2019

"last time I fly with Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Melbourne. This will be the last time I fly with Jetstar outside Australia. We waited in a line for 2.5hrs with our 6 month old, poor communication, no water offered while waiting, overnight accomodation was tacky to say the least! $30 food voucher for the day, what a joke, see what you get for that on their flights a drink and a packet of chips! Jetstar if you not up to delivering a service, then pull out of the business. What a distasteful end to what was a beautiful holiday.
RouteDenpasar to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2019

"they didn't allow me to fly"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Sydney . Non professional behaviour from Adelaide staff. Never fly in this airline again. The gate shows last call and they didn't allow me to fly. Strange strange arguments for that. I asked for compensation. Its not my fault that the gate didn't show closed.
RouteAdelaide to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2019

"rude and not understanding"

Not Verified | My wife and I traveled from NZ to Gold Coast via Sydney. We had 1 luggage bag 15kg purchased and of course cabin luggage (including laptop etc). No problem on NZ-Sydney, but boarding flight in Sydney, we got called by Jestar staff to weigh our cabin bags. We had few kgs over. After some repacking, (putting jackets on) it was only 1kg over the limit. We explained that we had extra 1kg in luggage (our bag was 14kg) and that it was laptop and we traveled internationally to no avail. They took our boarding passes and rushed us to pay $60 fee. I said may be we can re-pack (I had few old magazines there and battery pack for mobile, which I could put in the pocket). But they said we will miss our flight. They basically, extorted money from us and other passengers quickly. I complained online , but their customer service repeat the same mantra, that it is correct. Overall, they ruined experinece over 1kg and aim was to charge money and fast , not to accommodate customers. Horrible Jetstar, rude and not understanding. We will avoid when possible.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast

"Terrible behaviour"

Not Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. The second time I took Jetstar for interstate travel. Never taking their service again. Terrible behaviour by staff, rude and arrogant. I was asked to keep my phone away and after the first request, I was told that my phone will be confiscated. Never faced such troubles in any airline across the entire world.

"terrible standards"

Trip Verified | Hobart to Melbourne. If you value your time more than money do not fly with Jetstar. Getting a flight on time is as common as spotting a unicorn. I had the displeasure to fly with them 4 times this year. My yearly record is delayed 2 hours, delayed 1hr, cancelled (no refund and not even a voucher) and today I am delayed 3 hours (for now!). I would highly recommend flying with other companies, at least as a push to improve their service. It is a pity that their parent airline Qantas does not push for improvements. I hope another budget airline decides to open shop in Australia, would be great to have some tougher competition to raise those terrible standards.
RouteHobart to Melbourne