Jetstar Airways

"give some training to staff"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever with any flights, not recommended at all. First, they delayed the flight for 1 hour with congested flight seats which was not comfortable at all, after landing we had to wait for 1.5 hours for our baggage but they didn’t bring in flight. We came for holidays and we mentioned that to them but still no response. On holidays we had nothing with us even after 24 hours we can’t track our baggage. No communication between staffs and they were very rude at Brisbane airport. They didn’t even show any sympathy or regrets for ruining our holidays. Jetstar should shut there company or improve your service and give some training to staff. We are not travelling with you in free, we are spending a lot of money so this type of behaviour is not tolerated at all. After more than 24 hours we are without our baggage on holidays.
RoutePerth to Brisbane
Date FlownOctober 2022

"my flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | I received an SMS to check in, but then I received a message the afternoon before that my flight was cancelled. They gave me an alternative flight in the afternoon but that would have been useless since I would have missed a concert. So I had to desperately look for last minute flights on other airlines. Very expensive at the last minute. I will only fly again if I have no other choice. At least I got a quick refund.
RouteMelbourne to Adelaide
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Give this airline a miss"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I travelled with in in my life. Had a holiday in Queenstown, New Zealand and booked a Scoot flight to Sydney from Singapore, and a Jetstar flight to Queenstown from Sydney. At the start of my trip, I faced no issues entering Sydney with my valid Australian Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), and was promptly cleared by immigration. After which, I took my Jetstar flight to Queenstown, and did not encounter any issue as well. At the end of my Queenstown holiday, I arrived promptly at Queenstown airport to check-in for my Jetstar flight back to Sydney (where I would then take a Scoot flight a couple of hours later from Sydney to my final destination - Singapore). At the Jetstar check-in counter at Queenstown airport, I was asked to present my Australian ETA which I did, and was told by the Jetstar staff that there was an issue with my ETA, because my full name was stated in the Family name field, and told me to apply for a new ETA right then and there. Flabbergasted, (as I had not encountered an issue with my ETA that had allowed me entry into Australia twice before, most recent being the start of my holiday AND my ETA only expired in Mar 2023) I did as I was told and started to apply for a new ETA using the Australian ETA app. As retrieval of passport information via the app is by scanning the chip in the passport, my Full Name auto-populated in the Family name field (and could not be edited). Even on the app, it explicitly said "For some passport types, the applicant’s given name will appear in the family name field… Please do not rescan the applicant’s passport in these cases as the information is displaying correctly". I highlighted this to the Jetstar staff and was then told to NOT use the app to apply for a new ETA, and to do via the website instead, which went contrary to what was written on the website "From 6 April 2022, all ETA-eligible passport holders can now apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app… At this time, ETA lodgement is only available through the Australian ETA app". Long story short, as I was not able to reconcile this alleged issue at check-in, the Jetstar staff informed that she would not be able to check me in for my flight, and hence I missed my Jetstar flight back to Sydney, which meant that I also missed my Scoot flight from Sydney back to Singapore. Given that I had to return to Singapore ASAP, I had to spend about SGD$2000 for a one-way last-minute flight ticket back to Singapore from Queenstown, and also spent about SGD$300+ for an unintended additional night's stay in Queenstown given that the next available flight was the next day. Lodged a complaint to Jetstar requesting for an explanation, and was informed that it would take up to 15 days for the Resolutions team to get back to me. 15 days came and gone and I again followed up with Jetstar, who informed that it would take another 5 days to process. 5 days have passed and I have yet to receive any word from Jetstar. Without a response, Jetstar is now impeding my ability to take other necessary actions with other entities that will help me with this monetary loss related to travel disruption. Give this airline a miss. Bad experience and you will end up losing money/ paying for additional costs that would not have arisen had you taken another airline to your destination.
RouteSydney to Queenstown
Date FlownAugust 2022

"pay more for any other airline"

Not Verified | Wish they weren't the only airline to fly direct. I'd happily pay more for any other airline and next time I'll double the flight time to avoid these clowns. If the staff at the airport tell you anything about reimbursement, the customer care team won't honour it unless you get it in writing. If you have unlimited time and money to rebook another airline when they invariably cancel, then go ahead. Otherwise, it's time to vote with your cash, book elsewhere.
RouteAdelaide to Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2022

"cancellations and flight delays"

Not Verified | Sydney to Phuket. Please avoid this airline at all cost. The cancellations and flight delays will end up costing you much much more as we had to rebook flights with other airlines to get home.
RouteSydney to Phuket

"Worst airline by far"

Not Verified | Worst airline by far. Worst experience so many delays and no contingency plans. No communication and their refunds or reimbursement are appalling. Never ever am I ever flying with Jetstar. Quite frankly they shouldn’t even fly international because the flight is not equipped for it.
RouteMelbourne to Christchurch
Date FlownMay 2022

"Staff show no empathy"

Trip Verified | Shocking customer service, would like to give 0 of 10 but can't. Changing flights, to add a forced stop over, and wasting a day of our trip without so much as an apology. Trapped in the check in area of Brisbane airport for hours because we had to recheck our bags during the forced stop over but we're then prohibited from checking our bags for hours. Staff show no empathy. Never again!
RouteProserpine to Melbourne via Brisbane
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | They don't answer your calls, respond to live chat or even turn up at the airport to tell you your flight is cancelled. What I witnessed tonight at Ho Chi Minh Airport deeply disturbed me. Old people, families, budget travellers - queuing up in preparation for a flight, coming to the realisation after no one turned up or messaged up or contacted anyone, that no flight was leaving. I will never fly this airline again.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Melbourne

"Very unreliable airline"

Not Verified | My flight from Melbourne to Brisbane was cancelled without offering any options for another flight. The e mail stated I will be reimbursed for the hotel When I contacted the airline I was told they would not reimburse me for the hotel because I didn't accept the flight option they gave me. There was no other option. We had to fly with Virgin the next day which cost me and my husband one day of wage pay, the hotel and more expensive tickets for the next day. I am extremely disappointed and will never fly with Jetstar again. Very unreliable airline.
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Incredibly disappointed and enraged"

Trip Verified | I will never fly with Jetstar again. They moved my flight without telling me then when I called customer service they yelled at me. Flights delayed a day, then another day, then an hour, then another 15 at the airport. They took away my checked baggage when they changed my flight and wouldn't reinstate it. Then they quoted me $17 per 10kg, then when i got to the service desk in the airport they charged either $50 for an extra 7kg of carry on or $45 for 15kg of checked baggage. When going through TSA I was scanned, asked to take my shoes off, even though I had previously asked the TSA if I had to, they said no. Took my shoes off and was body scanned again, then was accused of hiding something in my armpit!? In the 2 minutes it took me to take my shoes off and put on the conveyer line? They kept insisting I should go somewhere private for it, but I had nothing to hide and they were only making me late for my flight (all good though, cos it was delayed again). Nothing came up in the search, obviously. They then pulled my bag aside to pull apart then decided they wouldn't. Flight delayed again. Each time another delay I failed to get an email to update me of the change. A friend caught a Jetstar flight the same day and they delayed her flight twice, even while on the plane, and the staff misprinted 3 passengers tickets so they had to reprint their tickets while they waited. I have had to spend an extra 410 on a flight I originally booked weeks and weeks ago (I even had insurance but they refused to refund me). Incredibly disappointed and enraged by the service.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney