Jetstar Airways

"I will never recommend Jetstar"

Trip Verified | I booked Jetstar for interstate travel - Sydney to Darwin in the month of August 2021. I was relocating to Darwin to work for an organization that I was chasing for 1 year. Before I confirm my ticket I contacted Jetstar customer service and confirmed that their flight is communicating from Sydney to Darwin as the COVID lockdown situation was going on. They also mentioned if you have the NT border pass and you have a valid reason to travel you are eligible for interstate travel. After confirming that I booked the flight with Jetstar, then the disaster situation start - total my flight cancel and rescheduled 4 times in 2 weeks, and later on, I booked another ticket with Qantas to travel to Darwin. And refund policy or reschedule policy is a different painful process with Jetstar. I will never recommend Jetstar to anyone or will share this experience with everyone in my workplace, home, and with friends.
RouteSydney to Darwin via Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2021

"worst nightmare experience"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I want to share my worst nightmare experience with JetStar. It was on Sunday 15/08/2021. I And one of my friends were traveling from Wellington - Christchurch - Wellington (Flight number JQ290). I would suggest it's better to go with Air New Zealand or any other airplane company instead of Jetstar. Service desk assistance was the worst part of this experience. She doesn't know who to deal with. She behaved very rudely and even didn't try to help us. She thought that she is some kind of owner of this company and can do whatever she wants. First, they took money for transfer fees and then refused to refund that. When I called their complaint department, they denied it as well. I felt that I got framed. I was so shocked and depressed by their behaviors. I will never ever fly with this airline and would suggest the same for everyone.
RouteWellington to Christchurch
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Very bad customer service"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Very bad customer service and servere issues with reliability. I have flown with Jetsrar twice in a month and both time the my flights has been cancelled and rescheduled so that I have had to wait at the airport for half a day. The staff was uninterested in helping us and the fact that we had a baby at home and was unable to find a babysitter to look after our child until new flight arrived was "not their problem". Now sitting at the airport again with a cancelled flight. 5 hours to get through and screaming children. No apologies by the jetstar staff, not worth it for the cheaper flights. No way.
RouteAuckland to Wellington
Date FlownJune 2021

"officious approach to nuisances"

Trip Verified | Jetstar have the uncanny ability to need be at fault or feel the need to apologise for errors or omissions. From the call centre to ground staff and cabin crews, there is a unilaterally officious approach to nuisances, otherwise known as customers. Listening skills are decidedly absent and in general, the care factor hovers around zero. Legroom is an interesting euphemism for the wee gap between rows and I'm far from tall. Any opportunity to charge you additional is immediately seized upon. Refund is a word so unfamiliar to them it might as well be an ancient lost language. Email links don't work and the flight status web page too often sits and spins it's hamster wheel relentlessly without producing results. Definitely and sincerely, not a fan.
RouteMelbourne to Coolangatta
Date FlownJuly 2021

"still didn’t refund my money"

Trip Verified | Had to cancel my flight because Melbourne went into their fifth lockdown. I added travel insurance for the ticket through Jetstar, knowing that they’ll pull out some weird policy and won’t refund my money back. Guess what, they still didn’t refund my money back even though I’ve travel insurance. So please don’t pay extra for their insurance rather book your flight through virgin Australia or Qantas.
RouteHobart to Melbourne

"Cabin staff are rude"

Trip Verified | Not really one to write reviews unless extremely impressed or stuff like the below happens on multiple occasions. I'm so sick of this airline, constantly cancelling flights with no viable alternative arrangements possible. "we have replaced your 2 hr 0 stop flight with a 13 hr / 3 stop nightmare. Cabin staff are rude, zero attention paid to enforcing covid rules. ie wearing masks and moving around cabin. My personal favourite was their handling of the hysterical woman sitting beside me in an exit row. Some very minor turbulence 2 minutes into take off... and I spent the next hr with passenger sitting ON my lap and her arms wrapped so tightly around my neck I started losing circulation to my brain. Apparently this was my problem to handle.
RouteMelbourne to Gold coast
Date FlownJuly 2021

"refused to give me a refund"

Trip Verified | My trip to Queensland was cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions and Jetstar refused to give me a refund. Shame on you, Jetstar.
Date FlownJuly 2021

"all round horrible experience"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Avoid this airline. Awful experience every time I fly with them. Flights get cancelled for no reason. Flights constantly get delayed, and delayed, and delayed again. Customer service is shocking, updates on new arrival and departure times are slow. Seats are very cramped, hand luggage is checked for the 7kg limit and they will stop you boarding if you are over and don't pay extra. It's just and all round horrible experience flying with this company.
RouteAuckland to Wellington
Date FlownJune 2021

"find this airline’s service appalling"

Not Verified | The last two times I have flown with Jetstar both have had technical issues & each time we were at the behest of an “engineer to sign-off” before being allowed to take off - a wait of about 90mins each time. Besides being concerned about the seeming regularity of this occurring on Jetstar - a free refreshment would have been particularly appreciated, but nothing - why? As a “forced” Jetstar passenger (ie Qantas don’t cover those routes) I find this airline’s service appalling.
RouteSunshine Coast to Adelaide
Date FlownJune 2021

"never be travelling with them again"

Not Verified | I had planned a trip a few months ago however due to covid and border restrictions closing for QLD I am unable to travel next week. I had advised the agent about this however she showed no compassion or sympathy and offered "travel credit" as an option and said due to policy reasons they were not be able to change this. I am sickened by their policies that put people further into financial hardship. I will never be travelling with them again.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne