Jet2.com

"ground service was amazing"

Trip Verified | The ground service was amazing, who helped me a lot before my flight. During the flight, flight attendants were so helpful. The same was at the arrival destination, there were a number of ground attendants on the airport to show us the way. Thank you for the lovely flight!
RouteHeraklion to Birmingham
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"lack of safety measures on the plane"

Trip Verified | I have recently used Jet2 on my way from Rome to Birmingham and I was shocked about the lack of safety measures on the plane. As a doctor in medical microbiology I can say that it was a joke what I saw during the flight. Passengers were wearing all sorts of masks in all possible ways. Some masks looked like they chewed them, before they put them on their faces - Nobody checked our passenger locator form - Temperature was checked only for some passengers - Passengers were boarding in big groups, crowding next to each other without keeping any distance - There was service during the flight several times. The crew didn’t use any hand gel when passing debit cards, money, serving food and drinks - People were carelessly walking to the toilet and to chat with friends - After landing people were crowding in the aisle, passing bags to each other, some of them had their masks on their necks, staff didn't react at all, there were no measures implemented regarding how passengers should leave the plane. I flew with other airlines in the last few weeks including Alitalia which amazed me with their policies and all safety measures they implemented but what I saw during my flight with Jet2 was completely unacceptable.
RouteRome to Birmingham
Date FlownAugust 2020

"money refunded within 10 days"

Not Verified | Congratulations to Jet2 on how they have dealt with customers during the pandemic. Had a flight to Malaga booked for June 2020 and obviously this was a non starter. They sent an email with options 1. Move the flight 2. Take a credit 3. Do nothing and money will be refunded. For a number of reasons option 3 worked best for us. Jet2 had the money refunded within 10 days. Big Thumbs up.
RouteManchester to Malaga
Date FlownJune 2020

"would not do this without charges"

Not Verified | I believe Jet2’s handling of bookings during the Coronavirus pandemic has been appalling. I am a man in my 60’s who has underlying health issues, and I am currently shielding on advice from my GP. I asked Jet2 to cancel my booking for September as it is probably best I do not travel this year. I did not ask for a deposit refund just that they change the booking to the same dates next year. They would not do this without charges that would virtually wipe out the deposit. Our friends, who travel to the same destination at the same time, use Tui. They had no problem having their deposit transferred to be used any time up to October next year. Unfortunately I Could not get a booking with Tui for the dates we wanted for next year, so I had no choice but to book with Jet2 again.
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"landed in Newcastle earlier than planned"

Not Verified | We were locked down in Tenerife until March 20 and couldn’t wait to get home. Jet2 e mailed me to say our flight would go ahead as normal on 20th, and it did. Arriving at a busy Tenerife airport to check in was stressful given so many people were milling around the airport. Jet2 staff met us and checked us outside of the airport building, taking our suitcases away for us. The plane left on time and landed in Newcastle earlier than planned. The service was first class from everyone.
RouteTenerife South to Newcastle

Jet2.com customer review

Not Verified | Antalya to Edinburgh. Flew on this route 10/03/20. Check in at AYT quick and efficient. This is where Jet2 excel themselves. The onboard crew operating this flight were outstanding. Polite friendly and very efficient. All worked very hard and were not intrusive with all the onboard sales. Credit to the airline.
RouteAntalya to Edinburgh
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Zero contact or updates from Jet2"

Not Verified | I had booked to fly Jet2 for a family holiday, and with the coronavirus, we increasingly knew that restrictions on movement meant it was increasingly likely our flights would not go ahead as planned. Zero contact or updates from Jet2. I logged into my account to manage my booking and low and behold find out my flights have been cancelled. No email, no phone call, nothing. Had I not logged in I would not have known. I then called their 'customer services' to request a refund. The lady I spoke with tried to encourage me to rebook (what a joke, Jet2 have no idea when the route will be open for business). She then told me I would receive a refund which was £100 less than what I paid. Only by insisting she go through my booking details and then advising her of what I paid for did she agree to refund the full, actual amount I paid. Time will tell in the next few days if I actually get the full refund, fortunately I am covered by my credit card. I wouldn't book these cowboys again. They had a great opportunity to provide great service, yet failed at each hurdle. Never again.
RouteEdinburgh to Fuerteventura
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lots of Jet2 representatives"

Not Verified | Arrecife to Stansted. My daughter became subject to the current difficulties and was due to travel back to the Uk yesterday 17th March. She received an email that informed her that her flight from Lanzarote would operate as usual. At the airport there were lots of Jet2 representatives guiding her and many worried travellers, Jet2 were outstanding. My grateful thanks on behalf of my daughter.
RouteArrecife to Stansted
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Cabin staff were pleasant"

Not Verified | Departed Edinburgh twenty minutes late, arrived in Gran Canaria on time. Boarding in Edinburgh was very orderly, called out in groups C,B and A/ We were in group A, in row 4, so were among the last to board, not a problem as there was plenty of space available for our carry-on bags. Seats would be fine for a three hour flight but for four hours thirty gets a bit hard and with no recline available rather uncmfortable. Staff both ground and on-board were pleasant, helpful and cheerful. We didn't partake of any drinks or food on this outward trip. On the homeward trip boarding was an absolute shambles, not helped in any way by the boarding announcements being inaudible even standing two metres away from the member of staff making the announcements! Sheer chaos ensued but we all got on the aircraft just as fast as we had in Edinburgh. Something to be said for chaos theory. On this return flight we had ordered a meal and, sorry to say the meal was for both of us, truly awful, lukewarm and tasteless. I know Jet2 can do better as we have eaten on their flights previously so I shall put this down to bad luck or, more likely, bad choice on our part. The flight left half an hour late but exactly four hours from wheels off the ground to wheels on the ground we were back in Edinburgh. The flight crew on this homebound journey kept us well informed about timing, routing and weather. Cabin staff were pleasant and not too over-bearing in their selling roles. Edinburgh airport was the usual shambles for baggage delivery, but that is not the airline's fault.
RouteEdinburgh to Gran Canaria
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the crew on board were extremely nice"

Not Verified | Had a return flight from Rome to Manchester. The seats were very nice, covered in leather and had a lot of legroom. The seat was comfortable and the crew on board were extremely nice. However, the window blind could not be shut so I had the sun in my face the whole time. It was slightly distracting but I could live with it.
RouteRome Fiumicino to Manchester