Jet2.com

"There are some good aspects"

Not Verified | Birmingham to Palma. There are some good aspects to this airline. Their check in is well staffed and staff usually pleasant. The aircraft are standard 737s but have large overhead lockers. We normally select extra legroom seats, but on this occasion finished up in the centre of the aircraft as we booked a little late. The seats are hard and non reclining and how anyone finds them OK I don't know - they are typical low cost airline.. Our flight was marred by a male stag party who were obnoxious throughout. They were not well dealt with by the cabin staff, who are admittedly in a difficult situation. They were happily not present on the return leg. One issue bemuses me - I am aware of the red colour used in the airlines' corporate logo, but I can see no convincing reason why that should be echoed in the internal lighting - its an airliner not a sex shop.
RouteBirmingham to Palma
Date FlownMay 2019

"can't fault them"

Not Verified | I cannot believe some of the reviews on here. We have flown with Jet2 on a flight only basis also the last time on a package to Menorca, can't fault them. Service excellent, plane good and the amount of staff to see you through check in etc was brilliant and very helpful. Recently returned from Turkey with TUI hotel very good, however TUI changed our flight to a Smartlynx flight that was rubbish, it was so cramped, I am 5 foot and was so glad had an aisle seat, the 2 TUI staff on board were not the best for customer service, would I go with TUI again, no would I fly with Jet2 again, yes. In fact flying with them again in November.
RouteEast Midlands to Menorca
Date FlownAugust 2019

"clean, seats comfortable"

Not Verified | Palma to London Stansted. Great flights with Jet2.com for our holiday to Mallorca. The planes were on time, clean, seats comfortable with good leg room for economy. The attendants taking your boarding cards at the gate were very friendly, particularly the young man in Mallorca on the return flight. A good range of snacks and drinks but not forced into you. Our return flight on Fri 25th Oct landed during strong winds but the captain did an excellent job landing the plane smoothly.
RoutePalma to Stansted
Date FlownOctober 2019

"planes were spotless"

Not Verified | I travelled with Jet2.com for the first time late September 2019. It was Stansted to Tenerife and was the nicest airline I've ever travelled with. The staff were happy to see us and were genuinely interested in our trip and what we were going to do there. Its such a breath of fresh air for us as customers to see staff smiling, joking and enjoying their jobs. The planes were spotless and staff again lovely and welcoming. I will most definately book again and have done for 2020 to Cyprus. Keep smiling Jet2.com your amazing and doing a great job!
RouteLondon Stansted to Tenerife
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"no transfer came"

Trip Verified | Me and my family (which included an 11 and a 16 year old) were due to be picked up from our hotel, the San Antonio Hotel and Spa in Bugibba, Malta, at between 7.45 – 8.15am, for a transfer to Malta airport and then our return flight home at 11am. We waited in the hotel reception between those times and no transfer came! At 8.17, I rang your Jet2 customer service helpline and was told that the transfer was often late and should ring again if it hadn’t arrived by 8.30. I rang again at 8.35 and was told that the representative I spoke to would look into the issue and call me back. As I hadn’t received a call back by 8.55, and our flight was due to take off in just over 2 hours time, I rang Jet2 again! Once again, I was told one of their reps would look into where the transport to the airport was as a matter of urgency and call me straight back! Finally, I got a call back saying that there had been some sort of clerical error on your part and we would have to make our own way to the airport! I was told to book a taxi and that I would be reimbursed for this expense once we arrived at the airport. I informed the representative that I didn’t have enough money for a taxi as we had spent all our remaining euros, it being our last night on holiday. The Jet2 rep was not very understanding, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was put on hold for two minutes then cut off! During the next 20 minutes, both me and my wife tried getting back in touch with Jet2 but were either kept on hold or cut off again, twice! I finally managed to get through but the customer services representative we spoke to was very rude and patronising to my wife, suggesting that I run around the resort and find a cash point to withdraw money for a taxi! When my wife asked to speak to a manager to complain about her attitude, she was cut off. By now, I had managed to withdraw some cash and the hotel had booked me a taxi. We got to Malta airport, after great stress and upset, worrying about what would happen if we missed our flight, at 10.10am (50 minutes before the scheduled take off!). The stress and anxiety we endured when trying to get to the airport put a massive dampener on what had been a nice holiday! On return to the UK, I contacted Jet2 to tell them of the poor service we had received from their customer services team, and after several email exchanges, during which Jet 2 admitted fault for the whole incident as their transfer operator had forgotten to pick us up, I was offered a derisory amount of compensation (approximately 0.015% of what we had paid for a holiday that had cost us over £6,200 with Jet2) , I escalated the issue to their CEO, Stephen Heapy. The response from his Customer Services Escalation Executive was to agree that while the level of service we had received was below their required standards and the admission that they were at fault, they would not be taking this matter any further! I feel obliged to share my experience as I would hate for anybody else to go through the stress and trauma we endured for those few hours, without and help or support from Jet ! And their follow up lack of empathy when trying to resolve the issue.
RouteMalta to Stansted
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst experience"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Faro. Worst experience me and my partner have ever experienced. My partner is 31 weeks pregnant and we were off to Faro with our 2 year old for her first holiday. Our flight was delayed by 2.30 hours so we were at the airport for 7+ hours to then be told because my partners fit to fly letter is 8 days old rather than 7 we cant go - on your website it does say it should be within 7 days, but due to weekends and how the community midwife works by us we got it 8 days before as it states on jet2.com it should be under 16 days old from signing date so because we went for 7 days her letter would only be 15 days old on returning. Extremely stressful as we should of been asked at checkin 7 hours earlier and we could of gone hospital to try and get a emergency one. So we reschedule the flight for the next day after spending all night worrying about all this we managed to get a new note. So we get to Faro and are told our transfer to hotel we paid for the day before isn't available even though 2 airports Birmingham and east midlands said it would be there so we had to pay 80€ taxi. We get to the hotel at 8pm and the guy at the desk said weve gave your rooms away because we didn't think you were coming it had only been 20 hours from when we should of originally arrived - jet2 should of informed them.
RouteBirmingham to Faro
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"made our experience one of the best"

Not Verified | Alicante to Edinburgh. The cabin crew Ellie and Rebecca were amazing. I was a single mother travelling with 3 children aged 1, 8 and 11 and they made the flight so easy and nothing was too much bother for them. My 8 year old daughter got to be cabin crew for a while and she loved it. Ellie was part of our cabin crew going on holiday and see her on the flight home was just amazing. They made our experience one of the best.
RouteAlicante to Edinburgh
Date FlownJuly 2019

"just total indifference"

Trip Verified | Venice to Manchester. After having a frustrating experience in Venice airport which was total chaos we eventually boarded jet 2 plane. We were hungry. The staff did not get to our row(24) until we were getting ready to land, we were told no sandwiches were available. They also gave us a voucher for perfume, which we intended to use, but that never happened either. There was no apology, just total indifference. The staff were too slow.
RouteVenice to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Terrible service"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Paphos. 4 hours delay and locked in the plane on a morning flight and ended up losing a day of holidays due to Jet2.com They kept blaming the aviation authorities for not letting us fly with no real explanation on why we are being delayed. Crew staff didn't even offer water to the passengers as a refreshment. Terrible service.
AircraftBoeing 737-300/800
RouteStansted to Paphos
Date FlownJune 2019

"not happy with this service"

Not Verified | It has been 9 days for the IT department to fix the issue with my booking reference which is only numbers and why would they use numbers for reference when the system doesn't pick up. Every time I called was given a different answer, "IT department will get back to us within 1 or 2 hours", or " They will fix it by tomorrow". I am not happy with this service, the seats are taken, the luggage price increased and you expect me to pay a higher price for everything when you have an issue with your system. Poor service, definitely don't recommend them, horrible experience with customer support as they are so rude in order to fix the issue and my flight is in a few days still can't book anything.
RouteLondon to Zante