Jet2.com

"lovely and helpful"

Trip Verified | Just wanted to say a massive thank you to the air hostesses on our flight to Turkey from Manchester on June 11th at 15.15, honestly they were just lovely and helpful. The flight was delayed and they were patient with all passengers, they were smiley and chatty as we had the extra leg room seats and they were sat in front of us. Not used to this type of service! Carry on Jet2.com with these type of people!
RouteManchester to Antalya
Date FlownJune 2019

"disgusted with this company"

Not Verified | I am disgusted with this company. I have flown with them a few times before and not had any issues however I will never be booking with them again. We holidayed in Majorca from 20th - 29th may, the flight out was fine. Upon landing we had transport so were directed towards the coach with no issues. We then sat on the coach for nearly an hour and were told after about 40 minutes it was due to someone needing special assistance and this had not been sorted. We got to the resort and unfortunately encountered a few rainy days so were looking to book an excursion, there was no one to speak to in the hotel so we called the 24 hr helpline to book as per the brochure we were given and were told we would receive a call back. We wished to book an excursion for early the next day, we received a phone call at 1100hrs the next day so could not book anything so a whole day of our holiday was wasted. I would have happily put this down as a minor issue however we were then not picked up from our hotel on our day of travelling home. Our transfer time was 1055hrs - 1125hrs, we checked out of the hotel and waited outside of the reception where we dropped off from 1040hrs - the time came and went so at 1130hrs I called to enquire where the coach was and was told it had arrived and left. This is a lie. If it had arrived it certainly did not come to the drop off point or the reception, where else would you expect to get a pick up from? I was then told by a rude customer service woman that it had come so to get a taxi, we ordered the taxi and paid and I spoke to a lady at the airport who said she would flag it up. Upon returning home we emailed the complaints team to then receive an email 8 days later stating they would not be refunding the money for the taxi as they checked the gps and the coach was in the area at 11.18hrs for 2 minutes. I believe they have gone to the sister hotel directly next door and not bothered to come to ours assuming we would be at the same pick up point but why would we be?? I will never be flying or holidaying with this company again and will be urging everyone I know to avoid it like the plague. We have basically been called liars and have received no apology, they must be really struggling if they cannot refund a 36 euro taxi. Disgusting.
RouteStansted to Palma
Date FlownMarch 2019

" best budget airline I have used"

Not Verified | Edinburgh to Fuerteventura. I would just like to say a big Thank you to jet2 who I think without doubt are the best budget airline I have used again and agai,n and i have tried a few enroute to Fuerteventura. Staff fantastic and polite and space in compartments and seating for what you pay is above any other.
RouteEdinburgh to Fuerteventura
Date FlownMay 2019

"Jet2 is perfectly decent"

Trip Verified | Leeds Bradford to Thessaloniki. For the most part, this airline is fine. Both the outbound and return flights took off an hour late, not the longest of delays but a bit annoying. The pilots made up a chunk of time on the return and we arrived only 25 mins after the scheduled time. I guess the swift turnaround helped to explain the lack of cleaning. Always a bit disconcerting to open one's tray table to find the spill marks of a previous passenger’s drink (see pic). Same plane for both journeys, a 27 year-old 737-300. However, it had been retrofitted, including winglets, and the interior looked very new. Apart from it being a little noisy, the plane’s age was no issue. The seats were interesting, plastic with minimal cushioning (see pic). They didn't lean back (a good thing) and had tiny armrests (a bad thing). I suppose it allows the airline to fit more in without reducing legroom. They were comfy enough for the first couple of hours, but as we approached the third hour, the lack of cushioning started to tell + the plastic felt sticky (avoid wearing shorts). The legroom was perfectly fine for short haul. This is the first flight I’ve taken on which there were no window blinds or dimmers. A real curiosity, and I can’t think why they would be absent. It made the outbound journey uncomfortable until I fashioned a blind of my own using a sweatshirt. Until then, the sun was pretty blinding and hot. As a budget product, Jet2 is perfectly decent. Booking easy; online check-in and printing of boarding passes easy; no IFE but none was expected; didn't bother ordering food but the menu items were predictably overpriced; didn't pay for checked-in baggage as the 10kg allowance for hand luggage was enough for my short trip (well done for this in particular Jet2!). The staff were fine. Efficient and friendly enough without being overbearing. I felt a bit sorry for them to be honest, having to spend much of their time trying to sell stuff. I guess it's the necessary economy of the budget airline. I didn't like the fact that they prohibited the drinking of one's own alcoholic beverages, and only allowed us to consume those bought on board. I appreciate there’s a security aspect (being able to refuse extra drinks to very drunk people) but I suspect there’s a profit-based motivation too. Naturally, when the crew announced “you shouldn’t drink your own alcoholic drinks”, I understood it as “you shouldn’t get caught drinking your own alcoholic drinks”. I was very discreet.
RouteLeeds Bradford to Thessaloniki
Date FlownMay 2019

"warn regarding resort transfers"

Trip Verified | While I can’t fault the plane, cabin crew, or flight, I can however seriously warn travellers regarding the resort transfers. Myself and my partner were left stranded at the resort hotel by a driver that did not stop at our hotel, despite us being at the designated place at the designated time. I stood on the hotel steps and watched him sail straight past without even slowing down. One expensive phone call to the 24 hour UK helpline resulted in a £140 taxi fare to the airport. Upon emailing jet2 on return I have been told that they asked the transfer company and the driver has said he did stop, looked but was unable to find us, so drove off. And, as reimbursement they have said they won’t refund the taxi fare but we can have 2 free inflight meals next trip. As if there will be a next trip with this airline. I would think long and hard before you trust this company, even to the point of arranging your own transfers, as that way, you will be guaranteed to get to the airport at no extra expense.
RouteManchester to Barcelona

"plane was so noisy"

Trip Verified | Belfast to Reus. Staff lovely, onboard pricing not bad, leg room good. I fly often and that jet2 plane was so noisy compared to other airlines. I’m a nervous flier and this has put me off completely flying with jet2.
RouteBelfast to Reus

"Catastrophic experience"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Faro. Catastrophic experience. Loud and ice cold Cabin. Arrogant and rude staff. Left 45 min too late. Arrived late therefore too. Food had no taste. Drinks expensive. Seats stiff and hard. Not able to recline. No leg room. Total waste.
RouteManchester to Faro
Date FlownMay 2019

"Smartlynx ancient A320 extremely poor"

Trip Verified | Leeds Bradford to Faro. Flew with this airline because of its reputation as being a cut above Its budget rivals. Legroom is usually better and the new slimline seating more comfortable. This time, without warning, the flight was operated by Smartlynx on an ancient A320 with extremely poor and uncomfortable seating and a tiny amount of legroom. My thoughts are Jet2 should have given me the option to re-book or cancel this flight.
RouteLeeds Bradford to Faro

"Pretty punctual"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Naples. Another return trip with Jet2.com. Pretty punctual, friendly crew and slightly uncomfortable seating. Nothing special to report, no complaints.
RouteStansted to Naples

Jet2.com customer review

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Malaga. Previously had flight only but took package holiday with Jet2.com this time and found the whole experience to be 5 Star, from check-in and hassle-free boarding (less able passengers get on-board first and settled) to the holiday itself. The flights were comfortable. The food and beverage on-board was good and had enough choice of hot and cold. From flight and bus transfer to hotel stay I cannot find any fault with my experience; in fact it was fantastic and the staff were fantastic too, especially the hotel rep who went out of her way to ensure we had the best experience.
RouteGlasgow to Malaga