Jet2.com

"On board service was good"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Funchal return on rather elderly B752 aircraft. The one coming back was over 31 years old. However, from the interior you would not know. Jet2 have plenty of ground staff to assist with the check in process. This is far better than other European budget airlines that I know of. They work hard to get things moving smoothly. Another difference is that most of the airlines ground handling is done by themselves and not contracted out to third parties. This makes a huge difference, especially at Manchester baggage claim. MANs handling companies are terrible, sometimes waiting over an hour for bags, but on a Jet 2 flight they got our bags very quickly. On board service was good and friendly and the pilots gave regular in flight update. The seat tray tables are too small though, the seats I find a bit thin, OK for short flights. It's a shame that Manchester Airports poor infrastructure does affect the service you get if using that airport.
RouteFunchal to Manchester
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"never fly with this company again"

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Malta. I am a 72 year old diabetic vegetarian. Obviously too difficult for JET2 to deal with . Monday 24th September I did not receive a Vegetarian breakfast that i paid for and the stewards (although polite) were unable to help or understand the complications of this issue. They simply said there was nothing they could do, which I felt and still do feel as unacceptable. I explained to them I was diabetic, they could only offer and ham and tomato sandwich instead. I tried to explain to the steward that if I didn't eat and because of my diabetes I could go into a diabetic coma. Luckily I had a packet of crisps in my bag and ate whilst I was on the plane. Air steward just said "sorry nothing we can do" and to contact customer services on her return. I also said that seat in front of me had not been cleaned properly and was disgustingly dirty. Air steward did come and clean the seat but it shouldn't of been like that in the first place. I paid extra for check in, seat allocation and vegetarian meal. The flight did not cost the basic paid for a lot of extras because I wanted to more relaxed on the plane. I wanted to have an aisle seat due to my age and agility but a basic cleanliness would be expected. On return, Customer Services took two emails of complaint and two months later to reply that we could receive a refund for the breakfast I didn't receive (the basic minimum of what they can get away with). you buy a meal and don't get it or a suitable replacement you expect an immediate refund not 2 months later after trying to contact and non existent customer services! This situation and flight was so uncomfortable and stressful for me and the lack of communication from customer services was ridiculous. I will never fly with this company again.
RouteGlasgow to Malta

"What a waste of time!"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Alicante. We thought we would give them a try as never flown with them before. What a waste of time! Everyone checked in at the airport in Alicante waiting for a flight and announce 1 and half hour delay! Why? No explanation. Too late to go out of airport now. Just stuck here!
RouteEast Midlands to Alicante
Date FlownNovember 2018

"limited space for anything"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Rome. Avoid. Stewardess spilt coffee on me and still charged me for it. I was checked into an emergency seat which was horrendous due to limited space for anything. There is no pocket in the seats in front which is very inconvenient. The seats do not recline. The stewardesses are very inexperienced. No in flight entertainment.
RouteBirmingham to Rome
Date FlownNovember 2018

"free resort flight check in"

Trip Verified | Paphos to East Midlands. Will definitely fly Jet2 again. Love the free resort flight check in it was so easy and stress free. All staff encountered where friendly and helpful.
RoutePaphos to East Midlands
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Cabin crew all fantastic"

Not Verified | Heraklion to Newcastle. Brilliant experience as always with jet2. Could not fault either flight from Newcastle to Greece and from Greece to Newcastle. Cabin crew all fantastic, flight times were great as always. Would always recommend this airline to anyone. 10/10 As always. Well done jet 2.
Aircraft737-800
RouteHeraklion to Newcastle
Date FlownOctober 2018

"avoid them in the future"

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Heraklion. Their airline service is normal as other airlines, they render rather standardized service. During our flight to Heraklion our stroller had been damaged, when I had filed a complaint the initial response was rather quick, but after I had delivered all of the proofs, jet2.com became silent for about 3 months, even though they would suppose to answer within a maximum of 21 days. After 3 months elapsed I had reminded them about the claim - their customer service executive deigned to reply with rather dissatisfying apologetic tone (as he verbally apologized only for the delay in response, not even for the damage inflicted), saying that the wrecking was minor, and they would not reimburse. He had ended his message in a way, that we would be still welcome on board their aircraft as if we were the ones who made some sort of a misdeed to them. Briefly recapping - I will rather try to avoid them in the future.
RouteGlasgow to Heraklion
Date FlownJune 2018

"Jet2 is value for money"

Not Verified | Flew from Edinburgh to Dalaman and Dalaman to Edinburgh. Departing on September and just arrived the early hours of this morning. Jet2 has a very quick and efficient process compared to other leisure airline which means you are not standing in a que for long - something which other leisure airline should follow. The outbound flight was delayed by 45mins due to the Captain and First Officer operating an inbound Greek flight and due to resting time regulation had to report later however the flight arrived in Dalaman 15mins early. The flight was comfortable and the cabin crew were efficient, friendly and very welcoming onboard and also speaking to passengers. We booked an inflight meal and despite Jet2 being a low cost airline, the inflight meal was one of the best I have ever had. The inflight service was efficient and there was several bar services, one inflight duty free/tax fee products. The aircraft was clean and seemed new. On the inbound flight back to Edinburgh the aircraft was uncomfortably hot however after speaking to one of the members of cabin crew they asked the crew working at the rear to lower the temperature. Again the Jet2 is value for money and they are very family friendly orientated. Definitely would fly again. Worth value for money.
RouteEdinburgh to Dalaman

"delightful cabin staff"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Faro. We always love flying with Jet2 but I thought the flight out to Portugal on the 8th September (LS685 departed 07:40) was particularly enjoyable. This was due to the delightful cabin staff. Not only professional and efficient, but they had a natural pleasantness.
RouteEast Midlands to Faro

"Would fly again"

Trip Verified | Belfast to Alicante. First jet2.com flight and was impressed. Excellent crew not overbearing or noisy and attentive to passengers with children or who needed assistance. Had preordered the vegetarian breakfast which was served immediately after takeoff. It was a little disappointing but was good value. Would fly again.
RouteBelfast to Alicante