Jet Airways

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline ever. I checked in a luggage at Pune and the person check in in the luggage mislabeled the tag, that is, she labeled wrong baggage on my name. I've following up with them since the last 4 days but there has been no response from them. This is really the worst experience ever. How can they mislabel a check in luggage!
RouteDelhi to Jaipur
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"the worst you can experience"

Trip Verified | 1) The Jet Airways BOM to LHR flight was supposed to takeoff at 2.35am. All passengers were on time, no weather issues, but, they delayed it until 3am and that's when BOM airport authority declared runway maintenance for 1hr. Finally, the flight took off at 4.15 am, and I missed all other connections. First issue with Jet Airways is around punctuality 2) On board service is the worst you can experience on any airline possible. On a 10hr long flight, they served one meal that too was of poor quality. 3) Hygiene - is something that this flight has never seen I guess. I booked my flight with Delta Air Lines and they out sourced it to Jet Airways and I had to go through the saddest experience of my international flights so far. It's really sad to see an Indian Airline providing such sub-standard International flight experience to people of India and from other countries.
RouteMumbai to London
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"a farce from start to finish"

Trip Verified | Just no, do not do it. What a farce from start to finish. Flying from Manchester to Bangkok via Mumbai, the layover was way too short. 1 h so no surprise we were delayed 2 hours which meant we had to get on the next flight 7 hours later. In this 7 hours they provided us with the cheapest meal burger king had and nothing else. They constantly lied to us. Then lied again saying I'd still get my emergency exit seat. The flight from Mumbai to Bangkok didn't have TV's. The cabin crew were unfriendly and wouldnt give you a drink aside from one in 4 hours. Coming back I couldn't check in because the app kept failing, which meant I couldnt sit with my wife and had a non reclining seat next to the toilet. Pay the extra £150 and fly with somebody else.
RouteManchester to Mumbai via Bangkok

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | London to Amritsar via Mumbai. The worst experience ever. One of my two checked in bags never arrived at Mumbai airport and while I asked the customer service people there, no one seemed to care that I had to catch the next flight to Amritsar in 1 hour. They asked me to file a claim for my bag and as I was in line, my next flight took off, so I had to wait 4 hours at Mumbai airport till they found another flight to chandigarh after 5 more hours. However, its been 6 days now and I haven’t received my lost bag yet. I have been calling their office everyday and all they say is they need another 24 hours. This is horrible service and I had very important articles in that bag. I don’t know how to get it back. Do not ever trust this company with your baggage or time.
RouteLondon to Amritsar via Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"not let you select your seat"

Not Verified | My flight was from Chennai to Miami on Jan 6, 2019 Chennai-Delhi-Amsterdam on Jet Airways 831/234 . Amsterdam -Miami on KLM 627. Ticketing done by Delta, but operated by Jet Airways and KLM. On Jan 6th during check in at the airport counter at 5 pm, the agent said the Jet Airways connection flight #234 from Delhi to Amsterdam was cancelled. There was no email or phone message regarding cancellation. It took them almost 2 hrs to reroute via Chennai-Paris on Jet Airways 128, and Paris-Miami on Air France 090. Jet air ways 128 is at 1.45 am on Jan 7th. Service, attitude of the Jet Airways staff was horrible. They did not seem to care. one would say some thing and walk away, saying some one else would help find the rerouting. They were going away on breaks. No one seemed sincere or interested in doing their job. Rerouted as Chennai- Paris on JA 128, Paris-Miami on AF 090.Connection time 2 hrs Later on, when i check on line it shows the flight 234 flew as scheduled. Its obvious the ticketing staff at the counter lied. I can't figure out why they had to lie and made me stand anxiously for 2 hrs. Another problem is- even though the bags are checked to the final destination, Jet Airways would not issue the boarding pass for the Paris-Miami segment, asking me to see a help desk at Paris airport. This flight 128 from Chennai to Paris went in late, and there was no help desk on arrival. I had to run to International transfer area, security and wait in line to get on a shuttle bus to get to the Air France Terminal. Business class boarding door was closed by the time I got there. I was probably the last person to board. Ticketing done on code sharing problem- Delta gives a confirmation number which does not work on Jet Airways, KLM or Air France. It took me a while calling Delta and my travel agent to figure out the PNR number of my reservation on Jet Airways. Both said that I have to get the reservation confirmation numbers from the other party, Delta says to get the PNR for JA from the travel agent. Travel agent says to get it from Delta. Finally Delta gave me a PNR number which did not work. So, I had to call Delta again, wait listening to music for over 30 mins, and was given a different PNR number, which worked to open my trip on Jet Airways. Despite entering the correct PNR number, Jet Airways does not let you select your seat.
RouteChennai to Amsterdam via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"don't go with Jet Airways"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Varanasi via Delhi. Schedule changes all the times (they have a "policy" that allow them to anticipate or postpone a flight in 2 hours - and they can even decide it less than 12 hours before the original ETD). Every single flight has been changed at least twice (and one has been cancelled). I've lost a train connection because of them. They have a baggage scam: their website informs that tickets bought abroad allows 25kg of baggage.They do not honour the baggage allowance, and provide only a ridiculous 15kg (of course you can buy 5kg more; It will cost only USD 30/flight). I've flown with Jet Airways, Air India, Indigo and Vistara (no problems with the last 3). So if you want a smooth experience, don't go with Jet Airways.
RouteKathmandu to Varanasi via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"announced cancellation of flight"

Trip Verified | Chandigarh to Bhopal via Delhi. My mother was on wheelchair. They took her for boarding and as i along with other passengers were about to board they suddenly announced the cancellation of flight. I did not know the whereabouts of my mum and when i asked they repeatedly told me that they were going to bring her back. She did not arrive even after a wait of an hour and a half. Finally my wife went back to the check in counter after going reverse through the security and completing all the formalities and found her there. She told us that she was sitting in the wheelchair for about half an hour near the plane in rain as it started raining suddenly. There was a big confusion among the staff about the cancellation of the flight. The Delhi flight was announced again but they told us that we cannot board the flight as we would not be able to catch our flight for Bhopal due to delay in the Chandigarh flight. We then awaited for our luggage to come back for another three hours only to find that half of our luggage was not removed from the flight and it had been taken to Delhi. No one was telling us anything during all this as their whole staff was itself confused and was in a panic mode. When i enquired about this from their supervisor he was making excuse like a school child that due to all this mess up and heavy rains they were not able to unload all the luggage of the passengers. I told him that if they were so untrained that they were not able to handle such a simple situation what will happen if they have to deal with a real emergency.
RouteChandigarh to Bhopal via Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"dishonest, rip off airline"

Trip Verified | This airline turned out to be, for me, the most dishonest, rip off airline I have flown with over the past 40 years of extensive travelling. In essence, if you can’t be bothered with the smallprints, you may find yourself completely ripped off. I booked returns from London to Ahmedabad via Mumbai, return. Flight out ok but basic with regards to service etc. However, I had to go through picking up luggage at Mumbai, picking up luggage and clearing customs (count a couple of hours) before re-issuing national boarding pass for follow on national flight to Ahmedabad (doesn’t work like most transfer flight arrangements, do it yourself is the motto). So far, so medium good. Now to the rip off part of the story. I wanted to change my return flight from Ahmedabad to London via Mumbai to directly flying out from Mumbai (as I was Pune three days before departure). So called them to let them know (as requested by terms and conditions) that I was cancelling the Ahmedabad to Mumbai leg of journey and the operator said all was fine and should check in at Mumbai directly. This seemed confirmed by email, inviting me to check in at Mumbai (and not Ahmedabad). At check in at Mumbai I was confronted with a >£300 penalty fare for ‘no-show’ at Ahmedabad. They maintained that if I wanted to get my flight back (none of this was mentioned on phone or email) I had to pay the penalty fare for the entire journey. So basically it was pay up or stay in Mumbai. Funnily, after being forced to pay the penalty fare, a stranded tourist asked for a quote on same flight and was offered a price of £190! So buying a new ticket was much cheaper than the penalty fare I just paid (not that the Jet Airways staff offered this alternative solution to me at the time, great customer care!). Since, I provided them with all requested information to reclaim my extra not justified costs. So far only got a nearly (English) incomprehensible drivel (quite comical) from customer relations with no detailed explanations.
RouteLondon to Ahmedabad via Mumbai

"Rather take a train"

Trip Verified | Lucknow to Delhi. Horrible airline, always delay or cancel the flight last moment and dont even get you a proper refund on time. No staff is ever available on the airports to talk to - such bad service. Rather take a train than this flight.
RouteLucknow to Delhi

"inappropriate rescheduling"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Pune. As we were on a trip, we researched on the timings of the flight and booked this one so that we could reach home by 11:30 in the night and can join office afresh next day. We received a message 5-6 days saying it has been rescheduled to 26th Dec 2:10 AM due to operational reasons. We reached goibibo from which we had booked the flight to know the alternatives. As a solution, the provided flights were 25th or 26th morning which were not at all feasible. So we didn't have any option other than to travel along. We reached home at 5 in the morning and joined office at 9. The complete day was ruined due to this inappropriate rescheduling of the flight by the airline without considering the customer's comfort.
RouteBangalore to Pune