Jet Airways

"business class service is near excellent"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I flew 4 sectors as Hong Kong - Delhi - Dubai - Mumbai - Hong Kong with Jet Airways, in economy for the first 2 sectors and in business for the last 2 sectors. After completing the trip, the impression is that there is tremendous gap between business and economy class for this airline especially for the software side. While economy class service is something like that of LCCs' and the inflight maintenance of the lavatory is unacceptable, business class service is near excellent with pretty good care by the attendants and continuous check and cleaning of lavatory, besides dated and a bit of dirty hardware around seats.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 and A330-200
RouteDubai to Hong Kong via Mumbai
Date FlownNovember 2018

"This airline is a mess"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Amsterdam. This airline is a mess. I had a return trip AMS-TO. When we were flying to Toronto, the boarding time started earlier as mentioned on the tickets and we were literally one hour before on the plane before our scheduled departing time. Plus, there was a delay that was not even announced or said what was the reason. So we were sitting inside for 2 hours + 8 hours travelling time. Crazy! It was hot inside and the crew is so unprofessional. The planes are old and earphones did not work both flights, had to ask them for new pairs, but, of course, it took some time as they could not find them. When we were landing in Toronto, the compartment opened and the bags started to move, so I had to unfasten my seatbelt and react quickly. My food was uncooked. The chicken was raw and veggies were still uncooked, hard to eat. As my Low calorie meal snack I got only 4 slices of apple when everyone else got a healthy wrap. Plus, on my way back, some crew members had problems with English. Hard to explain, but their attitude seems really informal. Definitely would not recommend. Also, the boarding at Toronto airport was a mess, we were still boarding when we actually had to depart already. Everything was moving so slowly.
RouteToronto to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Udaipur. Although it clearly stated on my ticket booked with a 3rd party that I was allowed 23kg of luggage, at check in they told me I would have to pay beyond 15kg, which meant an extra $34 for 5kg! I showed them the ticket where it clearly stated this, but they said I cannot get on the flight if I don't pay them the extra money. I will never use this airline again.
RouteDelhi to Udaipur

"Staff was excellent"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Delhi. Flight delayed. Gate was heaving. A lovely member of ground staff gathered all business class passengers and and boarded us. She was excellent. Staff looking after our aisle was excellent and the other crew were great. There was an elderly lady who needed help going to the bathroom and the crew assisted her every time. Food was excellent. Lunch - salad, soup, mains with sides, cheese, fruit - ok by now I am stuffed. No space for snack before landing. Good drinks selection and fresh popcorn was a nice touch.
RouteAmsterdam to Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2018

"trying to avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Ahmedabad. I am a frequent flyer and most of the times my bookings are last minute, so I always pay a premium for the tickets. The grumpy ground staff made me stand in a queue for check-in and then instead of issuing a boarding pass they direct you to the self service kiosk for boarding pass and the baggage tag as well. The attitude of the staff was curt. On entering the flight and a till well after take off the AC was not working properly and it was sultry and suffocating, and again the reply from the staff that we will try to rectify it. The captain did make an announcement of inflight audiovisual entertainment and out of curiosity I tried it but it was not functioning. The snacks they were offering were some stale veg puff, and on enquiring if they have anything else they asked me to take it or leave itk. A foreigner couple were sitting in the adjacent seat enquired if non veg option is available were greeted with a condescending grin and told to pre-book their meals if they want such luxuries. Anyway the only good thing was that the flight was on time, and on completing this horrid ordeal made a mental note of trying to avoid this airline as much as possible. If you're traveling in India much better to take a low cost airline like Indigo or others. They score over this airline in all aspects, are courteous and have spacious seats as well
RouteMumbai to Ahmedabad
Date FlownOctober 2018

"worst experience for me"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Mumbai. The food quality, cabin crew service and to add to this the baggage handling made it a mess for our journey. Jet Airways as always has been the worst experience for me and would never travel from now on with Jet airways. Raising complain with the team, they do not get back to you for 8 days and then they say we cannot refund money for damaged baggage as it is over 7 days. Kind of fooling customers, horrible customer service and least bothered staff.
RouteAmsterdam to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never travel Jet Airways again"

Trip Verified | Indore to Delhi. When we arrived at Delhi airport our bag was not received on the belt which was a shock for us as it had all stuff as I was in Indore for more than a month so carried everything along with me. Even after dropping them mails several time didn't receive any proper response. After 21 days of lost baggage they are paying us with just Rs 2450 which is less than the price of my empty bag. This is completely disgusting. Will never travel Jet Airways again.
RouteIndore to Delhi

"denied me to check in"

Trip Verified | Today I had my flight at 7:40 am from Pune to Delhi. I reached airport at 7:05 am, and their staff denied me to check in. When I have 35 mins in hand how their staff can deny the passenger. The lady on duty told me to but new tickets. If we have 35 mins in hand than how they can deny the client to board the flight. I booked a new flight for Delhi from Go air which costs me 5997.
RoutePune to Delhi

"ruined my whole trip"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Delhi. I never got my baggage and the airline staff had no information about it. The staff said I will be contacted on any updates about it but never heard anything from them. They have ruined my whole trip. Customers have to take care of their baggage on their own.
RouteAmsterdam to Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2018

"experience was not good"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to London via Mumbai. The most uncomfortable and stressful connection I've ever experienced. The first flight from Hong Kong was too hot and the second flight to London was too cold. The juice wasn't juice - just sugary orange liquid. The movies are OK and seats were as expected. The security in Mumbai was very slow and resulted in nearly missing my connection. Although a very cheap price the overall experience was not good.
RouteHong Kong to London via Mumbai