Jeju Air

"I will definitely recommend"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Clark to Seoul. Smooth flight on Jeju Air and I am impressed. I had to think twice on booking because Jeju Air has a bad review and most of its customers were left unhappy and unsatisfied on their flight. So we took the risk and booked. On the flight day we are expecting to pay for our baggage as the website says our ticket doesnt have a free baggage allowance. Usually, LCCs allow their passengers one check in baggage per person. But in the airport, we were three. The check in agent checked our bags for free - 5 pieces! The flight was very smooth. Though the attendants were not always present on the cabin. They just served the free water before landing. I will definitely recommend.
RouteClark to Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Worst experience ever"

(China)

Trip Verified | Jeju to Hong Kong. The airplane size and all other things are understandable because of the cheap price. For our flight from Jeju to Hong Kong, we've noticed that that trip doesn't include checked-in luggage so we are okay if we need to pay extra. But after browsing through their website, there's no placing saying about how the luggage will be weighed and charged. At the counter, I asked about how the policy is different from what we saw on the official website, they just ask us to pay no explanation. While we were fixing our luggage overweight problem because we do not have enough cash or visa cards, we don't want to affect others so we moved aside. Worst experience ever.
RouteJeju to Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they didn’t put any effort"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Jeju to Seoul. I realize my passport was left on the compartment after I came out from the arriving. After 2 hours I went back to the front desk airline and give them my flight details with the sit no in order for them to search. Very fast they told me my passport was not there. It give me the impression they didn’t put any effort to go and find the passport and the frontline was very rude. I will not board this airline again as front desk and others colleague didn’t show any courtesy and professionalism at all.
RouteJeju to Seoul
Date FlownNovember 2019

"refusing to give us a refund"

(South Korea)

Not Verified | My wife was flying in from the states to meet us there at the counter. My two children and I were at the counter, I spoke with two agents, told both agents that me and the children are flying even if my wife doesn’t make it in time. They told me to wait over to the side and I came back to the counter twice to check in. Both times they told me to wait. I waited so long, we missed our flight. We had to book four last minute flights with Peach Airlines. We went to the counter for our return flight and those were canceled. No one emailed, texted, or called to let us know our flights were canceled. It was Jeju’s fault we missed our flight and then they canceled our return flight without telling us. We had to purchase 4 more last minute flights with Peach Airlines. Jeju is refusing to give us a refund.
RouteIncheon to Osaka
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a great airline"

Not Verified | Osaka Kansai to Seoul. Very good flight. The menu was easy and cheap. Staff were friendly. Not only on the plane but the check in staff and the boarding staff. They could also speak English. Still would prefer Asiana more than this but Jeju is a great airline.
RouteOsaka Kansai to Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"website is so unusable"

Not Verified | Fukuoka to Busan. I didn't even manage to travel! I only tried to book a flight but their English language website is so unusable that even after providing my credit card information, it gave me a message in Japanese and then returned to the home screen. Was the second time I tried to purchase but the website was created by a bunch of infantile rodents who wouldn't know the definition of customer satisfaction and user experience if I threw a dictionary at them. Absolute joke and a waste of time.
RouteFukuoka to Busan
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the plane was very dirty"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Tokyo Narita. Cheap ticket and wasn’t expecting much but the plane was very dirty and tired looking. My seat back tray had clearly been used as a kids colouring book at some point on a previous flight and was covered in long stripes of multi colored crayon. I didn’t purchase any food on the flight so I didn’t need to make use of the tray so not a big deal though. The seat pocket and the sides of my seat were utterly gross, caked deep with crumbs, food fragments and assorted gunge that was all a bit nasty. No entertainment screens but there were in flight radio channels available which I didn’t use as I had my iPod to listen to as usual. The seats were a bit cramped with my knees touching the back of the seat in front (I’m 6ft tall so nothing particularly new on an LCC flight). When I put my bottle of water in the seat pocket I had to sit at an angle so I could fit in the space as well. The flight itself was smooth enough, the cabin attendants were polite and friendly and we got to our destination without any delays of troubles. Not the cleanest plane I’ve ever been on but we got from A to B cheaply
RouteSeoul Incheon to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownAugust 2019

"disappointed in the customer service"

Trip Verified | My family and I recently flew Jeju Air from Seoul to Osaka on Tuesday May 7. I was incredibly disappointed in the customer service that was provided to us at the check-in counter. We were five adults traveling from the United States, with five check-in luggage. After she weighed all our suitcases, she said that we were 6 kg total overweight. By then, she had already put all our luggage on the conveyor belt, and they all had left the counter, then asked us to pay 60,000 krw. None of us even had any carry-on baggage, and could have easily taken out our duffle bags to carry 1 measly kg each. We had no choice but to pay the fee, when she had multiple ways to handle the situation. When we boarded the plane, I saw everyone with 2-3 carry-ons each all stuffed together to look like 2. I was incredibly upset by the unfairness of our treatment. I tried to contact the airline and they asked us for more details of our flight, then ignored me. I point out that the tray table on one of our aisle seats was broken. They are a "budget" airline for a reason. Oh, other minor things, they didn't even offer us water, you had to ask for it. What a joke.
RouteSeoul to Osaka
Date FlownMay 2019

"unfair treatment for foreigners"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Manila. Yes to budget but no to their baggage policy and I suggest it should be changed. They do not allow combined baggage! We are a family of 4 with 60kgs of total bag allowance. (Note: The only available flight at the time we purchased it was their Special Fare). We only used 1 big piece luggage and a back pack for easier travel since we have senior citizens with us. Our big luggage exceeded 5kgs and they insisted that we separate it so we obliged. But here's whats unfair, when we got to our gate waiting to board, the ground attendant approached us and said that the plane's overhead bin was a bit small for our hand carry bags (2 standard cabin baggage size with less than 4kgs in weight) and asked us that we check-in the bags instead. Since we saw a lot of bags already tagged for check in, so we said yes ok, maybe it really wont fit (so, we thought!), but when we got on the plane all their local citizens had their hand carries with them, bigger than our bags putting it in the overhead bin! Hello unfair treatment for foreigners like us.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I will not recommend them"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Manila . I'm traveling alone with my 3 year old daughter from Incheon South Korea to Manila, Philippines. I know we had 15 kgs baggage each but I prepared a combine luggage for both of us since I'm traveling alone. Given my situation, they asked me to separate our luggage because it is their policy even though we did not exceed 30 kgs. I cant carry my daughter with two bags. They are inconsiderate for mothers traveling alone. I will not recommend them nor taking another flight to them.
RouteSeoul to Manila