Japan Airlines

Japan Airlines customer review

Paris-Tokyo in business. Check in was fast handled by Air France. Check in staff nice but refused to issue my onward boarding pass with Cathay Pacific (their oneworld partner) to Taipei but a staff in JAL uniform apologized. Seat is not a flat bed not comfortable at all as you slide down and entertainment system is old and choice very limited. Crew very polite and food is good both quality and quantity. Very strange though that they put some British cabin crew that do not speak French on Paris flights. As I cannot sleep I was working and the crew kept on refilling with tea and snack. All in all an excellent service but the uncomfortable seat and poor entertainment drags it down a lot.

(Vietnam)

NRT-SGN. Good movie options very friendly and professional staff. My first time with them totally recommend.

Japan Airlines customer review

LHR - NRT return B777-300 Executive class. Flight to Tokyo was on the warm side as JAL flights often are. Choice of films OK but I expected more top billing films - the programme was padded out by many old or b movie films. Food good but as always a bit limited in choice Beef or Fish never anything else! JAL shell seats do not recline flat which is comfortable at first but you find yourself slowly sliding downwards - good for 2 or 3 hours sleep. Return flight much the same a pleasant experience with excellent service from flight attendants.

(Hong Kong)

HKG-HND/NRT-HKG during the holiday period. Flights on time and crew friendly. Crew were not strict with safety regulations - passengers roaming round with seat belt sign on or using footrest during take-off and landing were ignored by crew who saw what was happening. Food was horrible. I'm no fussy eater but it was not appealing. I have never seen such small meals served for a 4 hr flight.

Japan Airlines customer review

Brisbane to London via Narita. Economy class and service was excellent and polite. Great food and drink service and IFE superb. Departing Narita we asked the English flight attendant for Scotch and Dry which she duly delivered but warned us that if we wanted another drink of the same to order it from her as apparently Dry Ginger Ale is not available to Economy passengers and none of the Japanese crew would serve it to us! Strange - does Dry Ginger cost more than lemonade? Osaka to Brisbane we made sure we bought a bottle of Canada Dry to have with our inflight Scotch!

Japan Airlines customer review

BKK-NRT on B767. Check in good but the lounge was not. Very small and cramped with the smoking room door opened. The flight was fine. Service pleasant and the food good although small in portion. Drink service and midflight snack was also on the small side. Seats fairly comfortable for the 5+ hour flight.

(Japan)

NRT-CDG in Y class on B777-300ER. Crew offered good service with a good response. Seats were cramped. My feet touched the next seats which is not comfortable for 12+ hour trip. Food quantity and quality is seriously decreasing comparing to a few years ago. Entertainment OK with AVOD system.

(Indonesia)

Jakarta - Tokyo economy class. Check in excellent at CGK. Onboard comfortable with friendly and excellent FAs. For the 7 hour flight I think this flight needs more food and drink. IFE was old fashioned and small selection of movies and music.

Japan Airlines customer review

Chicago to Narita which was a very nice flight all things considered. The food was good service was good and although there was not tons of leg room I was comfortable enough (I am only 5' 2"). The way back to Chicago from Narita was a nightmare. I had a seat next to my husband and all was fine at first till the Asian woman in front of me reclined her seat over halfway. On the flight there I had mine reclined about 1" and when asked by a Stewardess to move it for the man behind me I did even though it was not mealtime. This woman would not move at all and the Stewardess would do nothing and even as a short person I was uncomfortably cramped. I asked the woman and the Stewardess for help but was ignored by the woman and told by the Stewardess she could do nothing. Then mealtime came they made her move and after the meal I put my pillow against the window and went to sleep. When I woke up (because I was in pain) her seat was all the way reclined and my legs were all cramped up. I asked her and the stewardess again with no result. I finally went and stood in the back of the plane and refused to sit in that seat unless the woman moved. I talked to the Stewardess explained that when asked to move I did explained I was in pain and said I paid just as much for my ticket as the other inconsiderate woman did. After standing there about 20 minutes they finally gave me a seat on the other side of the plane (which was a lot more roomy and the people over there were considerate). Nothing would have been done had I not forced the issue and I did not appreciate being treated that way. I will not fly JAL again not even in a higher class that was hands down the worst experience I ever had on a plane. I guess it is a value price if you don't mind being exceedingly uncomfortable for 14 long hours but I do mind. They only get a 5 because my flight one way was good but it is still a 50/50 gamble.

Japan Airlines customer review

Japan Airlines Sydney-Tokyo return. The flight is operated by Japan Airlines on behalf of Jalways. The service is polite and graceful. We travelled Premium Economy Class and there was always staff on hand to assist or offer you a drink soup or snack. Premium Economy seats are quite comfortable and have large tables. The meal service (the same as normal economy class) in both directions was good. I think they need a few more new release movies on their AVOD system and another inch or two of legroom so that it easier to slide out into the aisle when sitting at a window or middle seat.