Japan Airlines

"seat in Premium Economy is narrow"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Seattle to Jakarta via Narita. There is some mixed feelings I have on one of the JAL Flights. The flight from Seattle to Narita in Premium Economy was a disaster while the Economy Class is somehow better than Premium Economy. The seat in Premium Economy is narrow while Economy is not that narrow. Food is the same as Economy in both classes, but good. Entertainment should be improved. WiFi is terrible and slow. My advice, if you fly JAL, maybe you should avoid their Premium Economy.
RouteSeattle to Jakarta via Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"avoid their Premium Economy"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Dallas via Tokyo. JAL is a great airline, but avoid their Premium Economy at all costs. The seat was tight in my opinion and I barely sleep on longer flights like this. The food was disgusting. The Inflight Entertainment is pathetic - limited movies, games, live TV etc. The staff was okay and the WIFI works, but slow.
RouteJakarta to Tokyo
Date FlownDecember 2021

"following indications by the Japanese embassy"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly from Tokyo to Barcelona, via Paris CDG through international path (no need to get in French, EU, or Schengen territory at any point, as it was clearly stated when purchasing the flight), I had chosen precisely this airline and route, because it was one of the easiest in terms of transfer and Covid restrictions, since my final destination, Spain, had no requirement for vaccination or any type of test, and the French authorities, and CDG site stated that there were no conditions for transferring through the airport. On arrival at the checking counter at Narita airport, JAL staff asked me for my documents and my PCR test results, to what I replied, that they were not needed to get to Spain. They didn't know about the Spanish conditions and were confused from the beginning. After discussing among the team, and calling different people on the phone, they informed me that they were requiring the PCR in order to fly, because they knew of someone that got rejected to transfer in Paris without PCR. They proceeded to suggest that i changed my route to go through Helsinki and London, when I had to inform them myself, that the route was not possible since the UK was for sure requiring a PCR in order to transfer at their airports. I showed the manager the official French government and airport sites explaining that PCR was not needed for someone transferring in CDG, showed that Air France was not requiring PCR for me to fly to Spain. All these took approximately 4 hours, and the only response I got was that JAL was following indications by the Japanese embassy in France, and that on their site, they suggested that everyone had a PCR in order to transfer in France. I was offered to change my flight for the following day, under the condition of getting a PCR test. I did get my PCR test and returned to the airport the following day. Hoping that with some time, they would have had time and the decency to at least check and apologize for the mistake. Nonetheless, I found myself with the same response, that the Japanese embassy in France was suggesting a PCR, so they were right to force me to get one. This whole situation generated a very bad experience and affected my trust in JAL.
RouteTokyo to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2021

"be ever grateful to all at JAL"

Trip Verified | Please extend my respect and deep appreciation to those of your cabin crew on flight JL 8010 on 29 Sep 2021, as well as your staff at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago who made a great effort to return my tablet to me. I left my tablet on JL 8010 when I disembarked, but did not realize it until after I had taken a shuttle bus from the international to the domestic terminal at O'Hare. When I realized my tablet was missing, I was not sure whether or not I'd left it on my international JAL plane, but since time was so limited and I could not find anyone to make a call - or help me to make a call - to the international terminal (!), I sadly resigned myself to the loss of my tablet. Imagine then how elated I was when a woman from JAL called my name at the gate where I was just preparing for the last leg of my journey on a domestic US carrier (American Airlines). She had made the effort to find me to return my tablet. I did not get her name, so cannot thank her personally, but please let her know how much the effort meant to me. I will be ever grateful to all at JAL who made the extra effort for this to happen. Thanks again for such wonderful service.
RouteJakarta to Chicago via Tokyo
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Japan Airline is on top of my list"

Trip Verified | As I am booking the flight through the 3rd party agent so there was no options for me to select on vegetarian meal. So as soon as I got in the the plane. One of the professional staff name Konuimo was listening to my concern about it and she went extra mile in arranging me the meal for the whole flight according to what I want. Although It was not inform in advance to the airline ( my fault) she still understand my concern and took care of me if I was her family member. Thumps up for her on being a very good example in today’s hospitality world. Japan Airline is on top of my list now.
RouteVancouver to Bangkok via Narita
Date FlownOctober 2021

"customer service exceeded my expectations"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | JAL customer service exceeded my expectations. My wife and 2 kids (ages 2 & 3) had a super nice experience flying with JAL. The staff and crew are very helpful and cheerful in everything they do. Food is good and the cabin is clean. Always my top option to fly to and from USA.
RouteSan Francisco to Narita via Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"very helpful and very courteous"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | From Los Angeles check-in, up to Manila arrival, the crews that I encountered are excellent. They are all very helpful and very courteous.
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Tokyo
Date FlownJuly 2021

Japan Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Narita to Vancouver, on a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. This Airline as a whole is superb. We are in pandemic, but even though the cabin crew's covered with face masks. it didn't hinder them to show casing the real smiles of how we are welcomed and accommodated on board as we fly high above 40k feet. This JAL cabin crew JL18 delivered an exceptional support and service. I had the lowest economy ticket but as a customer, all my expectations were overly met. I'm on an economy ticket but I was treated as VIP.
RouteTokyo to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2021

"all my expectations were overly met"

Trip Verified | This review is based on my own flying experience. I have never travelled internationally, Japan Airlines 787-8 Dreamliner Flight Number 746 was the first international flight I had. This Airline as a whole is superb. I almost forgot that we are flying thousands of feet above air because of the warm welcome and support by Japan Airlines 746 Cabin Crew on board. We are in a pandemic, but even though the cabin crew were covered with face masks it didn't hinder them in showcasing the real smiles of how we are welcomed and accommodated on board. I worked in customer service for over a decade now, and this JAL cabin crew delivered an exceptional support and service. Thank you JAL Flight 746 for your best among the rest support and service. Don't worry about your ticket, I had the lowest economy ticket but as a customer, all my expectations were overly met.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 Dreamliner
RouteManila to Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2021

"best airline I have taken so far"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Japan Airlines is the best airline I have taken so far, and it stands out because of the consistent proactive and friendly service from crew members. They were very hardworking during the flight. I saw them walking around the cabin serving drinks and snacks to passengers who did not sleep between meal services. The toilets were kept really clean throughout the flight. Further, they turned off the personal TV of passengers who have slept to avoid disturbance to other passengers due to the light. Call button was answered within seconds. I sneezed during the flight and one of the crew members immediately popped over and asked if everything was ok and if I needed a blanket or warm water. This is economy class and I can say the service standard is better than business class of many airlines.
RouteDallas to Tokyo