Japan Airlines

"imposed a liquor ban on me"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Singapore. The cabin was very warm and stuffy and no improvement was made after feedback to cabin crews. The cabin crews imposed a liquor ban on me when I only drank 6 cans of beer. I was neither drunk or behaving disorderly to warrant such a ban. I have flown in many airlines and this was the first time that I was humiliated with a liquor ban.
RouteTokyo to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"on board wifi is awful"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Melbourne. On the good side, excellent seat, lies properly flat and gives great privacy for business class. Big screen tv and the supplied mattress topper is a nice touch, so comfortable. The on board wifi is awful, very slow and drops out, on the way up I couldn’t get it to connect at all but I was charged twice, on the way home there have been service issues. I ordered a meal, 45 mins later I didn’t have it, I had to go forward and ask again, they apologised then it came, twice. When finished I waited for the tray to be collected, as that didn’t happen I pressed the call bell, no one came. It’s a pity about the service, good seat, nice clean plane just service that’s not good enough for business class prices.
RouteTokyo to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2019

"it's totally worth it"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo Narita. I flew economy outbound and premium economy on the return. The hard product in either cabin is right up there with the very best. pEconomy seat was spacious with generous knee and shoulder room (8-across on the 787,), the premium economy seat was a hard-shell so you could recline without seeking the blessing of the pax behind. In both cases I liked the attention to storage of smaller items (mini seat pockets etc.) Soft product is not far behind. Catering is good, with flavourful and balanced menus. In particular, the premium economy lunch featured winning entries from a public competition JAL ran, where the side dishes (3) were truly outstanding. Will be dreaming about the sesame tofu for a long time yet. Brownie points for serving hot miso soup at 38,000 feet. I also appreciated the extensive drinks menu featuring shochu, umeshu, and sake. You pay a slight premium for JAL, but it's totally worth it!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownOctober 2019

"impressed by his devotion"

(Japan)

Not Verified | Tokyo to Gimhae. A few days ago I somehow lost my iPAD and personal computer at Tokyo Narita airport after I passed the security gate. I belatedly realized that they were missing from my backpack onboard my flight while taking off. After landing at Kimhae, I was greeted by Mr Kim, a supervisor. He took the loss of my computer into his hands, helping me out from calling L&F at Narita Airport to delivering it to my hotel without much delay. I was hugely impressed by his devotion to his job and professionalism. JAL means now a little different to me after this experience!
RouteTokyo to Gimhae
Date FlownOctober 2019

"highly recommend Japanese Airlines"

Trip Verified | Flew from Osaka to Los Angeles on 9/9/2019 at 5:25 PM boarding time. The gate agents were very helpful and friendly. I’ve never receive such great service from an international airline ever! I highly recommend Japanese Airlines and would recommend this airline to any friends or relatives.
RouteOsaka to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"One of the best flights"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Osaka. One of the best flights. The Boeing 777 8 seat rows provide additional side space; legroom was also large. Smooth boarding, flight attendants were very attentive, smiling and helpful. Meals were good, good selection of movies and ok for music (but very subjective). Small details that make a difference: good food, toothbrush available, snacks and drinks between meals, space.
RouteLos Angeles to Osaka
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"absolutely wonderful"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Narita. I was impressed by JAL's product: Crew: Perfect overall. Food was served in a timely manner, with a genuine smile. Very knowledgeable about the product, can answer any question (I was impressed how a first timer in Business Class could answer about almost everything). Food is a difficult topic as some may not like Japanese food and be more satisfied with a nice piece of meat. But in terms of Japanese Cuisine, what JAL offers in business class is excellent. Rare food such as Awabi (Abalone) was even offered. I never took the western menu so I cannot comment on that. The Skysuite product is wonderful, especially on the window side. Thinking this product was introduced in 2013, it is still among the best seat on the market. Window seat offers complete privacy. All seats offer a fully flat bed which does not become narrow at your feet, and a very comfortable mattress and pillow. ANA is just catching up this year with their new product. I prefer this setup compared to the widely used reverse herringbone layout. Plane: The Boeing 787 is a great plane, although I prefer the A350 (the A350 is I think quieter). Boarding and on ground experience: JAL offers to wrap your luggage for free if you wish, which is not the case of all airlines. Check in is efficient, as well as boarding. Lounge looks good but I never drink or eat anything as I prefer to relax with a glass of water and look forward to the flight.
RouteFrankfurt to Narita
Date FlownApril 2019

"Legroom was spacious"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Los Angeles. JAL has high quality service, and on the Boeing 777 has only 8 seats per row rather than 9 in economy class, providing additional width space. Legroom was spacious on this flight. All in all a great flight, save the delay (bit less than 1h) and the choice of movies.
RouteOsaka to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2019

"this is a great airline"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Delhi to Tokyo Narita. The cabin crew were nice and my child was ill and they handled it professionally. The seat was amazing with lots of legroom and good reclining. They were really nice with the children and gave them little gifts. The cabin was hygienic and clean. Overall, this is a great airline.
RouteDelhi to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"squeezed in a central row of four"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Japan Airlines business class is basically a fraud. Flying Tokyo to Sapporo business class. Seats slightly better than coach but we are still squeezed in a central row of four like sardines. No lounge access, no priority boarding, no welcome drinks, nobody would hang your jacket. There is a real business class, called first class. The pseudo business class is what, at best, other airlines call economy plus.
RouteTokyo to Sapporo