ITA Airways

"Absolute rip-off"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Flight cancelled the night before departure with a supposed replacement the following day. Would have lost my transfers / accomodation / connections as a result. Had to book on another airline Air France - excellent, and tried to contact ITA to refund as they cancelled the flight. Have had no reply from them for a month and have a completely head in the sand tactic to avoid reimbursing for a service they didn't supply. Honestly, avoid this airline and save yourself a lot of frustration. Absolute rip-off
RouteVenice to Nice

"rude hostesses"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Toilets on board out of order, rude hostesses, call centre not responding, dirty seats and the icing on the cake, by "vegan meal" in 2023 in Italy they mean a micro sandwich with a lettuce leaf. A shame! On my flight there were several tourists with this shameful meal.
RouteRome to San Francisco via Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2023

"Never flying ITA airways again"

Trip Verified | Never again. They cancelled my flight without notifying me, and stuffed everyone into one plane. The whole operation is worthless and demeaning. Never flying ITA airways again.
RouteLondon to Milan
Date FlownOctober 2023

"worst airline I have used"

Not Verified | This is the worst airline I have used. The flight was late which is usually understandable for various reasons however, this is just poor organization and coordination. Because we were late we missed our connections. And are now delayed two days because ITA rebooked on another ITA flight which was also late. The planes are awful - they get a 1 or less rating. The customer service at the gates, on the planes and in ticketing were awesome - these people will likely look for other jobs because they have to put up with to much because of poor management.
RouteCatania to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2023

"My luggage never showed up"

Trip Verified | I took a quick flight from Palermo to Milan. I paid for checked luggage. My luggage unfortunately didn’t make it to Milan. I told the ITA representative at the airport I was flying home in the morning back to America. My luggage never showed up. I was given a PIR form. I emailed several times and have only been given case numbers but not one representative has actual follows up with me. It was been 21 days now. I've also called the numbers on the PIR form and from Italy website. I get “keep emailing.” “We don’t deal with that but can’t tell you who does.” Now the airline is ghosted me. I feel like an ITA stole my suitcase and isn’t taking responsibility when I paid to have it checked. Iv spent hundreds of dollars trying to replace things that were in there
RoutePalermo to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"almost a month now and still no response"

Trip Verified | I arrived to JFK August 23 from Rome and didn’t find one of my luggages, and I have so many important things in this luggage. I reported this right way and it’s been almost a month now and still no response. I email them every day and still no response.
RouteRome to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2023

"The worst airline ever"

Not Verified | The worst airline ever! I purchased two tickets from JFK to Rome. The tickets included two checked-in bags. When I got to the airport all of a sudden two checked bags were not included. The ITA staff at JFK are so rude, it is unbelievable. I called ITA customer service so many times and was told there is nothing to do, you cannot speak to anyone, and it doesn't matter what you say I have to deal with it! I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life. To be told to deal with it. I will never fly ITA again and be sure to spread the word.
RouteNew York JFK to Rome
Date FlownAugust 2023

"arrived to the door 10 minutes before departure"

Trip Verified | I have flown quite a bit and I have never had such horrible experience. We arrived to the door 10 minutes before departure and they refused to do anything to help although the flight was visibly there. I tried to explain that gates had changed last minute so upon notice I ran to the right gate next to where we had been waiting. The attendants were extremely rude. I genuinely wish I’d gotten their names. They refused any help at all and called the police on us when we were trying to get answers as to why this police is so strict unnecessarily. I had to book another flight AND a return flight because the “no show” policy cancelled both flights. I tried to call on the phone, and talk in-person and they brushed me off and didn’t take it upon themselves to resolve the issues in any way. When trying to book another flight they completely threatened to call the police again because we were demanding to speak to a supervisor urgently! One of the ladies in the front desk on the ITA Airways in Rome did this. She said “If you need the police here again, I will call them”. I felt horrible to say the least. I will never fly with them again.
RouteRome to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2023

“communication was extremely poor”

(Italy)

Trip Verified | When Lufthansa was flying with no problem, ITA Airways cancelled all the flights due to wet weather. Instead of going home on Friday and passing weekend with family me and my colleagues will sit in Frankfurt hotel and work until 3pm. Nice... Needless to say that communication from ITA Airways was extremely poor. An SMS they sent was saying that our flight was delayed until - they really sent an SMS with gaps where the expected time shall be. Avoid at all costs, because even if you save on your flight you pay much more with your time and side expenses, like taxis, car parking, etc..
RouteFrankfurt to Milan Linate

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Our overnight flight from USA on United Airlines was delayed. We were at ITA check in counter at 8:55am (with 6 other passengers) and they did not allow us to board the 9:20am flight. I was informed that we were considered a 'no-show' for this flight when we were in fact there. When I tried to check in for the return flight, I was informed that my ticket had been cancelled and 'someone' would call me back with information on a new rate I had to pay. I was never informed that my return ticket had been cancelled, in fact, I continued to get emails encouraging me to make an offer to upgrade. Nobody called me and I was forced to find a different way to get back to Rome for my international flight. I had to pay for hotel stays and other travel arrangements because of this company's incompetence. Avoid at all costs.
RouteRome to Lamezia