Israir Airlines

Israir Airlines customer review

A320 - flew for the first time with Israir on March 17th and it will also be the last time. I literally only had 2 fingers worth of space between my knees and the seat in front. IFE non existent. I must attempt to get exit row when I return. Israir will be on my blacklist "to be avoided at all costs".

Israir Airlines customer review

I flew Israir and was thoroughly disappointed. I did not mind the extra random searches that took an extra hour and included 5 physical searches from different people. What I did mind was that they took my luggage and searched it without me being present and also they took all my hand luggage and left me with nothing for the flight (I flew from Berlin to Tel Aviv.) The flight itself was unbearable. we were crammed in so tight that there was absolutely no room to move and when the person in front of me reclined his seat I could not eat properly. the food was sub-par and the passengers seemed to never be in their seats. I will never recommend them to anyone

Israir Airlines customer review

Premium Class from New York to Tel Aviv. It's a budget form of business class but service was excellent seating quite comfortable compared to coach seats and pricing very reasonable. They give you free passes to the business class lounges at JFK and Ben Gurion Airports. Although the Ben Gurion Airport's Dan Lounge was crowded and not very comfortable the JFK lounge in Terminal 4 was a very pleasant place to wait. This fare was well worth the money less than half of other airlines' business class.

Israir Airlines customer review

Stansted to Tel-Aviv. Flight was cancelled and no one bothered to tell us. We were told to turn up the same time tomorrow. Lucky I telephoned before we left home as the plane did not turn up for 28 hours after it was meant to leave other people not so lucky and spent the whole day at the airport. Staff were rude. Complained on the telephone and was told 'what do you expect.' Wrote to complain told to wait 8 weeks for response. 3 months later wrote again and still waiting for response. Would never fly or recommend this company rude useless.

Israir Airlines customer review

TLV-JFK. I flew El Al on the way to Tel Aviv and had a decent flight. coming back on Israir I did not know what to expect. By far the most cramped plane I have ever seen. I am very tall and sitting in my seat my knees were jammed in the seat in front of me. Seeing that this was going to be twelve hours of sheer hell I asked for a seat in an exit row and was surprised to get one. Besides the flight attendant who granted my seat request change the rest of the flight attendants were some of the rudest I have ever seen. One pushed me aside to get past me in the aisle and I witnessed others screaming at passengers for no apparent reason. The food was barely tolerable pasta had a weird filling that may or may not have been meat or chicken. I do not know or do not wish to know one bite was enough. To dull the pain of the flight the red wine provided was decent to allow me to sleep for the majority of the flight. I recommend paying the difference if there is one to fly on ElAL or Continental and be treated with a little dignity and have just a tad of comfort on the flight

Israir Airlines customer review

JFK to Tel Aviv recently. It was one of the most uncomfortable flights I have ever taken. The plane was a Boeing 767 - kind of small for such a long trip. Israir tries to make up for this by packing in as many passengers as they possibly can. The rows were way too close together. I am not a tall person and I was completely squished. When the person in front of me reclined even a little bit the back of his seat was pressing against my knees. The staff tried to be nice but they were apparently finding it difficult because the passengers were so grumpy and uncomfortable. During my visit to Israel I also took a domestic Israir flight from Tel-Aviv to Eilat. No complaints about that one.