IndiGo

"crew were super friendly"

Not Verified | I flew with my family from Delhi to Guwahati. Indigo crew were super friendly and the flight was pretty comfortable. Service was good and attendants responded to requests, although the aircraft was nearly full. One of the hostess was nice enough and very professional, she actually made small talk with me about their service. Their smiling face and nice humor made our travels much more pleasant.
RouteDelhi to Guwahati

"flight was rescheduled"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Jaipur. My flight was rescheduled without information and staff was rude. I was a regular traveller but this incident ruined my day and no initiative by the staff to satisfy the customer. I had an important meeting which was missed. Would never travel with indigo again
RouteDelhi to Jaipur
Date FlownNovember 2018

"they should at least compensate"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Visakhapatnam via Chennai. I had a flight from Bangalore to Visakhapatnam on the morning of 6th and my return was planned the same day around night timeframe i.e 9pm. And the airlines sends an email to me on 4th that they had changed the schedule of my flight from Bangalore to evening 5.55 pm. I do not understand , why nobody from the airlines did not bother to check when my return flight was and why they did not call me and instead just sent an email. Luckily, i checked my mail on sunday the 4th, otherwise my whole travel plan would have been jeopardized. And when i call the support number, that person says there are two options - 1. He can cancel and refund or change the flight to take flights with layover in between And when i said i need to be in Vizag in the morning, he suggested a flight in the midnight i.e at 00.05 hours from Bangalore to Chennai and that the connecting flight to Vizag would be from Chennai in the morning at 6.50 i.e with a layover of 5 hours and when i asked if indigo can make any lounge arrangement for those 5 hours, he says that Indigo cannot help in that regard and that i need to take care of the stay during the layover. Since the airline changed the flight schedule, they should at least compensate with an arrangement to stay during the layover - (if we change they charge difference or if we cancel, they have t&c that there will be percentage deduction in the refunded amount. But if it is their fault they do not bother about what the passenger is going through)
RouteBengaluru to Visakhapatnam via Chennai
Date FlownNovember 2018

"inflexible airline and understaffed"

Trip Verified | Absolutely inflexible airline and understaffed. There was a misprint in the name due to auto-correct. I showed 3 different IDs (passport, driver's license from India, driver's license from another country) so that they can correct my name but to no avail. They are completely understaffed and unprofessional about handling the case. It took 40 minutes just to reach the ticketing counter to explain my case and then I was left with over 1 hour before departure. Rather than trying to fix the issue, they were just trying to get more money by asking me to book a fresh ticket. Since this was happening 1 hour before departure, I could not even cancel my ticket. Had they been quick about it, I could have corrected the issue and boarded the flight. But instead, I had to book a new ticket for an airline later in the day and lost money on the previous one too. With a security lapse, I was allowed in the airport(name on ID not matching my ticket). This was surprising in the first place. Rather taking this case to fix their security issues, they were still bent on just asking me to book a fresh ticket. No wonder there is a huge room for improvement. But instead of fixing those, the involved people are just concerned about extracting money from consumers. Absolutely unsatisfied with the situation.
RouteBengaluru to Jaipur
Date FlownOctober 2018

"measuring the handbags"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Dubai to Bangalore and the luggage policy is 30 kgs check-in and 7 kgs hand luggage. My check-in luggage was 22 kgs and I thought I would move my extra kgs to the check-in, but at the check-in counter, even though I put both pieces of luggage together the guy told me, it’s ok, you can put it down and didn’t ask to measure my hand luggage which is what they normally do. However, after immigration and security, just when I was about to board the flight, they had another scale and were measuring the handbags and wanted me to pay 60 AED (1100 Rs) per kg. They said if I don’t pay I cannot get on the flight. They were even charging people for stuff they bought in Duty-free.
RouteDubai to Bangalore
Date FlownOctober 2018

"3 mins late for boarding"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | We had to face a serious issue with our connecting flight from Kolkata to Delhi. We checked in along with our luggage around 2am in the morning for our 6.05am flights to Delhi. However, unfortunately, we still missed our flights.We walked in when the flight status was still showing as "boarding", there were no last/final call shown on the flight status. We were not let to board because we were "3 mins late" for boarding. We were unaware that the CCU airport is a silent airport as other Indigo flight boarding were announced since we were listening intently awaiting our boarding call. We saw the last bus standing and we pleaded to let us in, the woman officer wanted us to let in but the male officer was arrogant and said no. The moment they heard that we are foreigners, they realized their mistake but they did nothing to correct it or help us out in any manner. They took the time to send back our luggage instead. Finally, we had to get fresh new tickets from another airlines that cost us Rs 5,900 additionally. Other than this incident, our entire flight experience was good. I hope that this matter is looked into and taken care of.
RouteDhaka to Delhi via Kolkata
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"nothing turned up in Chennai"

Trip Verified | I used Indigo for the first time yesterday. All went very well but for the very last leg back to Chennai. I had requested a wheelchair for all legs of the journey but nothing turned up in Chennai! Eventually the crew left, the Captain left, Co-pilot gone, I had been told to wait so eventually I asked again and the ground staff man said everyone was gone! Yes I said, except me! So after a long wait someone turned up with a child's wheelchair! I'm 6 foot plus! After a further long wait a wheelchair turned up. Surely any staff must ensure that passengers are taken care of before leaving the vessel for their own comfort.
RouteColombo to Chennai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"professional and caring"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Sharjah. Shortly after boarding the above flight I was having dizziness. After 2 hrs of boarding, I realized the vomiting sensation & was prepared to use the Toilet & in front of Toilet I collapsed like a Blackout. However, the flight crew done everything by calmly and professionally organizing medical attention. Cabin crew made an announcement to other Co passengers, if any Dr available to take care of him and luckily Dr was available & he checked everything & made me more comfortable. Indigo is indeed a very professional and caring organization.
RouteHyderabad to Sharjah

"wouldn’t recommend"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I had the opportunity to fly with IndiGo on the 15th of August 2018 from Doha to Mumbai. Always having flown Qatar Airways I had to choose IndiGo due to the time slot. Well, a low cost airline in really had no expectations but at least a decent and hassle free experience as they claim to give. I checked in at the counters and got my boarding pass and I had a handbag of 6kgs which is well below their limit of 7kgs. I purchased duty free which was about 3 kgs. Here comes the tricky part the staff at the boarding gate have a portable weighing scale through which they check the weight of the handbags. I have no issues with that however I wasn’t informed at the counters about 7kgs handbag allowance being inclusive of duty free. The staff at the boarding gate (QAS) staff, were rude they do not even try to be polite of courteous and straight away give ultimatums saying throw away the duty free, go back to duty free and return it, however if you do no return in 20 minutes we will offload you from the flight. They forced me to pay 60 riyal per kg for the excess baggage which I was carrying. I wouldn’t recommend this airline unless a last resort or a complete emergency. One can only expect low quality service from a low cost airline. Thank you IndiGo for the hassle free experience.
RouteDoha to Mumbai

"experience was good"

Not Verified | Singapore to Pune via Chennai. It was reasonably good flight. Specially it was on time. Connection was swift. Ground staff was little rude but cabin staff was very good. I think it was quite value for money service as it was cheap ticket to Singapore. Quite minimalist flight service as expected for a cheap ticket. Overall experience was good and will definitely give it a go next time. Thanks.
AircraftA 320