IndiGo

"provided with a covid-19 safety kit"

Not Verified | Recently I flew on Indigo on Economy class from Coimbatore International airport in India to India's capital city's New Delhi Indira Gandhi INTL airport. This is my second flight after the pandemic lock down, things have changed a lot after the pandemic. The online check-in and selection of seats which is chargeable has been made mandatory, my flight was a bit behind the schedule departure time. As a low cost airline there is no In-flight Entertainment and food have to be pre-booked online and you also have the option to buy onboard with limited selection. All the passengers seated in the aisle and window seats were provided with a covid-19 safety kit that had a face shield, a face mask and some sanitizers, the passenger who were about to be seated in the middle seats were provided with PPE kits. As I had pre-booked the in-flight meal, I had to select from the list of available options and I had opted for a prepacked bottle of fruit juice and a bowl of prepacked readily made south Indian food. The food was above average even though it was a prepacked one.
RouteCoimbatore to New Delhi
Date FlownApril 2021

"Extremely bad experience"

Trip Verified | Pre purchased seat while booking was not allotted in boarding pass. In flight, pre purchased meal was not served. Flight attendant was non responsive to resolve issues. Finally asked to get in touch with ground staff to resolve issues. Extremely bad experience and will definitely try to opt for other options.
RouteDelhi to Dhaka
Date FlownMarch 2021

"passengers were given safety kits"

Trip Verified | The flight departed before time and passengers were given safety kits prior to boarding and the middle seat pax were asked to put the safety gown on. I had Pre-booked my inflight meals and the snack box was sealed. The cabin crew wore their safety gown and masks all the time and ensures all the pax wore masks throughout the flight. I got the ticket in the best price and the legroom, cabin cleanliness, Cabin Crew, ground staff and the inflight meals were all top class.
AircraftA320/A321Neo
RouteGoa to Lucknow via Mumbai
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"I had a great experience flying IndiGo"

Trip Verified | As always I had a great experience flying IndiGo. It was a quick one day trip from Lucknow to Goa and also my first in over a year since the pandemic. I was very impressed with the ground and cabin staff ensuring all the passengers maintained social distancing while boarding and in the cabin during flight. Before boarding all passengers were given a Safety Kit packet which included a face shield,face mask and 5-6 pouches of hand Sanitizers, also the best thing was that all the middle seat passengers were also made to wear the safety gown along with the face mask and face shield which is a good safety measure. The inflight magazine wasn't available but understandable as they are trying to minimize the contact as much as possible. Water bottles were free of cost even though pre-covid IndiGo used to serve water in cups but it's nice they are serving water bottles free of cost and also in addition to that they are served free tea and coffee as well. Snacks and hot food items were available for sale, however, I had pre booked my Food item while making the booking and it was served in IndiGo branded pack and sealed and tasted as good as it looked. The flight did depart 5 minutes behind schedule but I won't mind 5 minutes given IndiGo sanitizers their aircrafts before and after every flight so I'd rather depart late than departing unsure of the safety. Overall an amazing flight experience with IndiGo. Great Price, Great Safety and Great legroom and Tasty Inflight Food!
AircraftA320Neo
RouteLucknow to Goa
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"Cabin crew were nice, helpful"

Not Verified | App is very nice looking, easy to use and never had an issue. I was able to book the ticket in no time. Interior of the flight requires some enhanced cleaning. They enforced the ones occupying middle seat to wear PPE. Cabin crew were nice, helpful, paid attention to all the unwanted needs of unruly passengers. I liked the bamboo cutleries, which is environmentally friendly rather than the plastic ones. Flight reached Delhi before the time and luggage came out on time. Everything was great except one major problem I had. I pre-booked my meal, which was a paneer salad. Salad was served with a bread roll. When I opened the bag, I found the bread had mould. I showed it to a cabin crew, and she was apologetic and offered any food, drinks I want. I declined her offer and returned the paneer salad.
RouteBagdogra to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2021

"boarding started ahead of time"

Trip Verified | We decided to go for a quick vacation within the state as we did not want to take any chances travelling outside any state and chose to go to Mangalore which was a 50 minute short journey. Check in was smooth and the bag drop was done quickly aswell. The flight boarding started ahead of time and the flight load was on the higher side. Departure and arrival were well ahead of schedule and Indigo did the job of transporting from point A to point B. The pilots updated the passengers on the flight details which was appreciated but it seems the crew were rushed with their announcements.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Mangaluru
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Such inexperienced and unprofessional airline staff"

Trip Verified | Me and my wife were headed for our honeymoon to Maldives (March 4-10, 2021). But despite having all proper documentation (PCR covid, health, etc) we were stopped in Kolkata by Indigo Airlines. They gave us a hellish experience - finding faults and even accusing us of not knowing protocols. I am a frequent international traveller. She didn't even know where our arrival ticket was as it was lying in front of her. She didn't give us any option(s) nor reassurance or help. She was intent on ruining our vacation. My tired wife cried in despair. I don’t like to berate somebody online but these kind of people need to be exposed. Such inexperienced and unprofessional airline staff shouldn’t be allowed to malign the good name of the company.
RouteDimapur to Kolkata via Mali
Date FlownMarch 2021

"wait for 12hrs to reach in Dubai"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Goa via Mumbai. Passengers had to wait for 12hrs to reach in Dubai, due to technical issues they said and landed In Oman, but didn’t give a proper space to freshen up or to rest and haven’t provided and facilities and after reaching at Mumbai at 1am they asked to wait 12 more hours to wait to catch the connection flight to goa without giving a space to rest. No proper meal also provided. It was 7.5hrs total flying time instead it took 30hrs.
RouteDubai to Goa via Mumbai
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"3 days and managed to locate my bag"

Trip Verified | I lost hand baggage which was essentially checked in baggage from Bangalore to Mumbai. The staff did not allow me check in two cabin bags as per indigos one piece policy and lost my bag. I coordinated with Bangalore Airport lost and found department for 3 days and managed to locate my bag.
RouteBangalore to Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"IndiGo does the job very well"

Trip Verified | Our initial flight which was supposed to be a direct flight from Mumbai to Kolkata was cancelled and so as an alternative the airline offered various alternatives, one of which was via HYD which we took. The airline claimed that the flight was cancelled due to Covid restrictions but is clear that the flight was cancelled due to lack of good loads and so instead of the usual travel time of 2.5 hours the total flight duration was almost 6 hours which could have been better. At least during the online check-in the airline didn't charge us for paying extra for the seat selection which was a slight relief. Both the flight segments themselves were quite okay and departed well on time even though some of the conduct of the passengers was questionable like not wearing the face shield / hazmat suit for the middle row seats even despite the crew reminding the passengers to wear it numerous times. Nowadays when flying low cost carriers, it seems like a bus journey with wings where the airlines try to get as many passengers stuffed inside the aircraft as much as possible. If you are a passenger who likes to travel in a bit of exclusivity and luxury without feeling claustrophobic about the number of people surrounding you, you are better off travelling on other airlines. But if however, you prefer getting from point A to point B with slightly cheaper fares, then IndiGo does the job very well.
AircraftA320 / A321 Neo