IndiGo

"restriction on carry-on weight"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Chennai. This is the only airline I have flown that has such a hard restriction on carry-on weight: 7kg per person, period. This makes it impossible to carry a laptop bag and a carry-on with clothes. Even other low-cost airlines (eg. Jetstar) will allow you to pay for extra carry-on weight. As a business traveler flying 5 times in 8 days, this is a colossal waste of time waiting for checked bags at every stop. Not to mention the risk of an eventual misplaced bag.
RouteBangalore to Chennai

"a disastrous experience"

Not Verified | Bangalore to Mangalore. Extremely poor service. Three tickets were booked and were given scattered seats. One of the passenger is a 5yr old. I just have one question, are you guys that stupid to not understand that a child would need the company of one of the parents? When I asked the staff for assistance all they had to say is to try to convince any of the passengers to move. Great help. To me, this is a disastrous experience.
RouteBangalore to Mangalore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"tell us our flight has been split in 2"

Not Verified | Mumbai to Kolkata with IndiGo. Our flight was first delayed by 30 minutes then once we got to get our boarding passes they tell us our flight has been split in 2 so now we have to fly to Hyderabad then to Kolkata. Alongside that once we boarded the plane they said there’s even more time to wait to “clean up the deck”, what in the world does that even mean, please tell me.
RouteMumbai to Kolkata
Date FlownJuly 2019

"High On-time performance at the cost of hygiene"

Trip Verified | I understand it is a budget airline. I got the biggest shock of IndiGo's on-time performance. Once the incoming flight landed, they immediately started boarding and even after scanning our boarding pass they made us wait three times at three places, as there were still passengers deplaning from the incoming flight! I was flying with two elderly passengers with knee problems as this took a big toll on their leg having to wait for a long while. This also means they did not even clean the plane at all as soon as the incoming flight landed. How unhygienic! This is how they fly on-time. High On-time performance at the cost of hygiene!
RouteIndore to Mumbai
Date FlownJune 2019

"delayed by almost 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Nagpur to Pune. The flight got delayed by almost 2 hours. The flight time was 00.05 hrs to 01.10 hrs, the shops were almost closed. The staff didnt provide tea or coffee as it was so late hours and none of the shops were open. Very disappointed with this service. We were informed about the delay just 20 mins before boarding time.
RouteNagpur to Pune
Date FlownJune 2019

"cabin crew was very polite"

Not Verified | Kolkata to Bangalore. Excellent service! Very touched with prompt service. Well done. Hope you keep your service up. Very touched that my tea was replaced with a fresh cup. The cabin crew was very polite.
RouteKolkata to Bangalore
Date FlownJune 2019

"one of the luggage was lost"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Kochi. On May 31, I reached the airport at around 6:00 AM and checked in at the emergency counter. I had a friend also traveling with me whose luggage was less than 15 Kg. I asked the indigo staff if my excess luggage can be adjusted with him. Staff told me to pay the extra amount. I immediately agreed to pay. Hence as per the baggage policy, I paid 400*10Kg -4000Rs. On arriving at Kochi airport after a 40-minute wait, I discovered that one of the luggage was lost and reported to the baggage claim representative. After waiting for more than 30 minutes, she cross-checked with the boarding pass and confirmed me that the bag of 10Kg is missing. I spoke to the indigo staff and have no information for me as to the whereabouts of my luggage. One of the senior officials of Indigo called me on June 9th and confirmed that the bag weight was 10Kg and a refund of 3500INR will be given. I expressed a complete dissatisfaction as I paid 4000Rs extra for the same bag. The staff promised me that he will check with the finance department and revert back. But I haven't received any call yet. I find it unprofessional how such a large airline like Indigo can lose luggage. To add insult to injury, I am faced with obtaining compensation for those items that are far less than their worth.
RouteDelhi to Kochi
Date FlownMay 2019

"cabin crew with genuine smile"

Trip Verified | This airline has never disappoints me even though you dont get free meals, however I had booked my meals and they were very tasty and also their check in and hand baggage allowance is similar to that of many full service carriers and their on time performance puts other airlines to shame. The one hour flight from jaipur to Lucknow was on time and landed 5 minutes before arrival time. The ground staff was courteous and so was the cabin crew with genuine smile.
RouteJaipur to Lucknow
Date FlownMay 2019

"already running late for flight"

Trip Verified | Ahmadabad to Mumbai. Total chaos, paid for extra luggage but receipt printer not working. A girl trying to fix but she has no clue how to fix? Asked to wait 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes but printer did not work, she filled up manual receipt and handed over to me, by this time already running late for flight, she allowed 2 small carry on but supervisor did not allow at security checkpoint, now I have to start from square one, scan bag, bag drop off. A girl at bag drop off wants to charge for extra luggage but printer is not working and I am running out of time, supervisor came, things did not work, bag was checked in without any charge. I rushed through security, heard my name announced on PA, before last call rushed to boarding gate.
RouteAhmadabad to Mumbai
Date FlownMay 2019

"really helpful and welcoming."

Trip Verified | I was in India on a holiday and I decided to fly with IndiGo from Mangalore to Mumbai. The ground staff and the cabin crew were really helpful and welcoming. The in-flight meal options were limited but it was a standard domestic flight like menu so no complaints there. The flight was tidy and the journey was very comfortable. The best part about the flight was the punctuality. Overall it was an excellent experience and if I would need to travel by a domestic flight in India the next time, I know which airline I am going to look out for.
RouteMangalore to Mumbai