IndiGo

"counters had been closed at 7:30"

Trip Verified | I had a morning flight of 8:30 am from Ahmedabad to Lucknow. I reached the airport at 7:25 am and was standing in the IndiGo line for check-in. Around 7:32 am, the IndiGo lady asked where I was going and other few passengers as well. When we informed her that it was Lucknow, the lady removed us from the line informing us that the counters had been closed at 7:30. She was very stubborn and was not ready to listen or even guide us on what to do next. The next 20 min just flew by running from indigo counter to counter. The lady on the reservation counter didn't even inform me of the fact that if a customer missed their flight and books it via their counter the fee charged is Rps 1800 and the PNR given is the same. A customer doesn't need to restart their booking again. Luckily my husband guided me on this procedure to which the lady confirmed.
RouteAhmedabad to Lucknow via Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the seat selection was free"

Trip Verified | I was pleased to note that during the online check in for this flight, the seat selection was free because in previous experiences of flying with IndiGo, they usually charge a fee of around Rs 150 for selecting a seat. The baggage drop was a smooth process and departure was on time. The crew took steps to check for negative RT-PCR reports or proof of fully vaccinated during the time of boarding which was appreciated. Arrival was on time and IndiGo did the job of transporting from point A to B in a fairly reasonable price for a 1 hour 40 minute flight.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai

"Thank you IndiGo"

Trip Verified | Yesterday (11 july) I brought my 90 year old mother back and from entry to exit, each member of IndiGo staff provided exemplary care. From wheelchair to security to plane they took genuine care. The surprise started by Sujata politely asking if we would like front row seats, which I had wanted but while booking couldn't get. That gave us comfort in 2 hours flight and Sujata accompanied us through security, which often can be cumbersome. Other staff too helped selflessly. Cabin crew was kind. Covid protocols are followed to a T by IndiGo. In Bengaluru on arrival Keertana helped and escorted all through till exit. It made travel with a near blind, wheelchair bound mother very doable. Thank you IndiGo. Way to go!
RouteVadodara to Bengaluru

"obscene cancellation/change fees"

Trip Verified | I have not flown on this flight yet. It's a future reservation that I have with them, and need to cancel because my onward/return journey between Mumbai and Seychelles that was part of the overall travel itinerary was cancelled due to Covid restrictions in Seychelles for passengers from India. So I need to cancel these IndiGo flights, as I have no need to travel to Mumbai and back now. When I call the customer service line to cancel, I get the following: They mention flight fees and changes on their website but fail to mention that they charge these per passenger per flight/sector when you need make changes or cancellations to your reservation. For a $180 round trip flight booked for my wife and I from Tirupati to Mumbai and back, they were saying I will get a refund of $28 even though I'm canceling almost 2 months in advance. Based on their USD cancellation fee of $45 that should be charged for cancellations made 4+ days before departure, I should receive a $135 refund. Or if they were strictly following this fee applied per person per flight, then that would be $45 per person per way, i.e. $45x4=$180 so I should not receive any refund. But they make an arbitrary calculation that I get $28 refund. They pretend to be a low-cost carrier that's friendly to the middle class in India, but actually charge obscene cancellation/change fees.
RouteTirupati to Mumbai
Date FlownJune 2021

"They should inform earlier"

Not Verified | Cancelled Flight and informed just one day before. My RT-PCR report and money got wasted. I was also able to do web-check in but they cancelled the flight after that. They should inform earlier.
RouteCoimbatore to Jaipur via Hyderabad
Date FlownMay 2021

"provided with a covid-19 safety kit"

Not Verified | Recently I flew on Indigo on Economy class from Coimbatore International airport in India to India's capital city's New Delhi Indira Gandhi INTL airport. This is my second flight after the pandemic lock down, things have changed a lot after the pandemic. The online check-in and selection of seats which is chargeable has been made mandatory, my flight was a bit behind the schedule departure time. As a low cost airline there is no In-flight Entertainment and food have to be pre-booked online and you also have the option to buy onboard with limited selection. All the passengers seated in the aisle and window seats were provided with a covid-19 safety kit that had a face shield, a face mask and some sanitizers, the passenger who were about to be seated in the middle seats were provided with PPE kits. As I had pre-booked the in-flight meal, I had to select from the list of available options and I had opted for a prepacked bottle of fruit juice and a bowl of prepacked readily made south Indian food. The food was above average even though it was a prepacked one.
RouteCoimbatore to New Delhi
Date FlownApril 2021

"Extremely bad experience"

Trip Verified | Pre purchased seat while booking was not allotted in boarding pass. In flight, pre purchased meal was not served. Flight attendant was non responsive to resolve issues. Finally asked to get in touch with ground staff to resolve issues. Extremely bad experience and will definitely try to opt for other options.
RouteDelhi to Dhaka
Date FlownMarch 2021

"passengers were given safety kits"

Trip Verified | The flight departed before time and passengers were given safety kits prior to boarding and the middle seat pax were asked to put the safety gown on. I had Pre-booked my inflight meals and the snack box was sealed. The cabin crew wore their safety gown and masks all the time and ensures all the pax wore masks throughout the flight. I got the ticket in the best price and the legroom, cabin cleanliness, Cabin Crew, ground staff and the inflight meals were all top class.
AircraftA320/A321Neo
RouteGoa to Lucknow via Mumbai
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"I had a great experience flying IndiGo"

Trip Verified | As always I had a great experience flying IndiGo. It was a quick one day trip from Lucknow to Goa and also my first in over a year since the pandemic. I was very impressed with the ground and cabin staff ensuring all the passengers maintained social distancing while boarding and in the cabin during flight. Before boarding all passengers were given a Safety Kit packet which included a face shield,face mask and 5-6 pouches of hand Sanitizers, also the best thing was that all the middle seat passengers were also made to wear the safety gown along with the face mask and face shield which is a good safety measure. The inflight magazine wasn't available but understandable as they are trying to minimize the contact as much as possible. Water bottles were free of cost even though pre-covid IndiGo used to serve water in cups but it's nice they are serving water bottles free of cost and also in addition to that they are served free tea and coffee as well. Snacks and hot food items were available for sale, however, I had pre booked my Food item while making the booking and it was served in IndiGo branded pack and sealed and tasted as good as it looked. The flight did depart 5 minutes behind schedule but I won't mind 5 minutes given IndiGo sanitizers their aircrafts before and after every flight so I'd rather depart late than departing unsure of the safety. Overall an amazing flight experience with IndiGo. Great Price, Great Safety and Great legroom and Tasty Inflight Food!
AircraftA320Neo
RouteLucknow to Goa
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"Cabin crew were nice, helpful"

Not Verified | App is very nice looking, easy to use and never had an issue. I was able to book the ticket in no time. Interior of the flight requires some enhanced cleaning. They enforced the ones occupying middle seat to wear PPE. Cabin crew were nice, helpful, paid attention to all the unwanted needs of unruly passengers. I liked the bamboo cutleries, which is environmentally friendly rather than the plastic ones. Flight reached Delhi before the time and luggage came out on time. Everything was great except one major problem I had. I pre-booked my meal, which was a paneer salad. Salad was served with a bread roll. When I opened the bag, I found the bread had mould. I showed it to a cabin crew, and she was apologetic and offered any food, drinks I want. I declined her offer and returned the paneer salad.
RouteBagdogra to Delhi