IndiGo

"Keep up the good work"

Trip Verified | Indigo staff Chirag at the Goa airport saved my day. I was late to board the Goa to Mumbai indigo flight due to a road accident on 2nd October 2021 flight 6E 259 @ 19.50 The boarding gate was closed and I had a connecting flight to London. The lady at the checkin desk was really helpful, she first refused but later checked with Chirag and than it was run run run - he guided me to the boarding gate. Made my London flight on time Can’t thank him the the check in desk staff enough. Saved me from panic attack. In the last 10 days I have travelled at least 5 times with the Indigo. Excellent service from checking to departure. And the best thing is it’s always on time. Keep up the good work
RouteGoa to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Indigo must be proud both of you"

Not Verified | I was late for boarding to Delhi from Gorakhpur airport. I reached at 15:10, my flight was at 15:40. The staff said, I am late, they were not allowing me to board. But with the support of two employees of Indigo Airlines Ruksar and Satendra are really nice people. They understand the situation. The two have been very helpful to me. She insisted on it and gave me my boarding pass. Thanks, Indigo must be proud both of you two.
RouteGorakhpur to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"substandard quality of service"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Rude staff, substandard quality of service and they will loot your money over excess baggage weight and other surprise fees not warned to the customer beforehand on their website. Their website for example provides the fee for pre booked additional baggage weight but does not mention the fee if excess baggage is found during boarding.
RouteDoha to Kannur
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"the seat selection was free"

Trip Verified | When doing the online web check in, I was pleased to note that since I had booked using a corporate fare, the seat selection was free and also I was entitled to 1 complementary snack onboard the flight. The baggage drop process was smooth although due to huge queues at Bangalore airport, the IndiGo staff quickly collected all the bags from the pax in a separate queue which allowed quick deposit of the bags. Boarding started on time and I learnt that for the complementary snack, there was a choice of upma / poha for veg items and chicken noodles for the non veg items along with the choice of a beverage (hot / cold). The sandwiches could not be availed as part of a CPML booking as I found out but the quantity of the items was on a generous side which was appreciated. The flight landed also on time at Kolkata, however the baggage took some time before coming. In the end, I got more for what I paid for including free seat selection and a complementary meal, and got safely to my destination on time. Cannot ask for anything more.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Kolkata
Date FlownAugust 2021

"one of the top LCCs in Asia"

Trip Verified | At Mumbai airport, during check in, the staff took care to verify the negative RT PCR reports of all the passengers travelling to Karnataka which was appreciated even though the seat selection during online check in was not free unlike the previous time when I flew which was a surprise. Boarding started well ahead of schedule and it seems that Indigo is deploying with high capacity Airbus A321 Neo aircraft on high density routes to get as much passengers and load as possible. The crew was welcoming and wished everyone during boarding and deboarding which was much appreciated as these small things do matter. The luggage could have perhaps come a bit earlier than expected but apart from that there is nothing much that one can fault IndiGo on because everything was perfect: the fare, the on time arrival, the crews attitude. It has rightly achieved it's status as one of the top LCCs in Asia.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteMumbai to Bengaluru
Date FlownAugust 2021

"counters had been closed at 7:30"

Trip Verified | I had a morning flight of 8:30 am from Ahmedabad to Lucknow. I reached the airport at 7:25 am and was standing in the IndiGo line for check-in. Around 7:32 am, the IndiGo lady asked where I was going and other few passengers as well. When we informed her that it was Lucknow, the lady removed us from the line informing us that the counters had been closed at 7:30. She was very stubborn and was not ready to listen or even guide us on what to do next. The next 20 min just flew by running from indigo counter to counter. The lady on the reservation counter didn't even inform me of the fact that if a customer missed their flight and books it via their counter the fee charged is Rps 1800 and the PNR given is the same. A customer doesn't need to restart their booking again. Luckily my husband guided me on this procedure to which the lady confirmed.
RouteAhmedabad to Lucknow via Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the seat selection was free"

Trip Verified | I was pleased to note that during the online check in for this flight, the seat selection was free because in previous experiences of flying with IndiGo, they usually charge a fee of around Rs 150 for selecting a seat. The baggage drop was a smooth process and departure was on time. The crew took steps to check for negative RT-PCR reports or proof of fully vaccinated during the time of boarding which was appreciated. Arrival was on time and IndiGo did the job of transporting from point A to B in a fairly reasonable price for a 1 hour 40 minute flight.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai

"Thank you IndiGo"

Trip Verified | Yesterday (11 july) I brought my 90 year old mother back and from entry to exit, each member of IndiGo staff provided exemplary care. From wheelchair to security to plane they took genuine care. The surprise started by Sujata politely asking if we would like front row seats, which I had wanted but while booking couldn't get. That gave us comfort in 2 hours flight and Sujata accompanied us through security, which often can be cumbersome. Other staff too helped selflessly. Cabin crew was kind. Covid protocols are followed to a T by IndiGo. In Bengaluru on arrival Keertana helped and escorted all through till exit. It made travel with a near blind, wheelchair bound mother very doable. Thank you IndiGo. Way to go!
RouteVadodara to Bengaluru

"obscene cancellation/change fees"

Trip Verified | I have not flown on this flight yet. It's a future reservation that I have with them, and need to cancel because my onward/return journey between Mumbai and Seychelles that was part of the overall travel itinerary was cancelled due to Covid restrictions in Seychelles for passengers from India. So I need to cancel these IndiGo flights, as I have no need to travel to Mumbai and back now. When I call the customer service line to cancel, I get the following: They mention flight fees and changes on their website but fail to mention that they charge these per passenger per flight/sector when you need make changes or cancellations to your reservation. For a $180 round trip flight booked for my wife and I from Tirupati to Mumbai and back, they were saying I will get a refund of $28 even though I'm canceling almost 2 months in advance. Based on their USD cancellation fee of $45 that should be charged for cancellations made 4+ days before departure, I should receive a $135 refund. Or if they were strictly following this fee applied per person per flight, then that would be $45 per person per way, i.e. $45x4=$180 so I should not receive any refund. But they make an arbitrary calculation that I get $28 refund. They pretend to be a low-cost carrier that's friendly to the middle class in India, but actually charge obscene cancellation/change fees.
RouteTirupati to Mumbai
Date FlownJune 2021

"They should inform earlier"

Not Verified | Cancelled Flight and informed just one day before. My RT-PCR report and money got wasted. I was also able to do web-check in but they cancelled the flight after that. They should inform earlier.
RouteCoimbatore to Jaipur via Hyderabad