IndiGo

"very pleasant flight experience"

Trip Verified | Indigo flight from Bengaluru to Mumbai. Due to the flight schedule modifications due to the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircrafts, I had to do a last minute booking on Indigo which came at a steep price but as I was required to travel had no other choice. The check-in was a breeze and boarding / departure started on time. The aircraft was well maintained and even though every seat was practically full, the crew did well to manage things and requests from fellow passengers. The seat pitch is around 30 inches which is decent enough but might be more uncomfortable for someone taller. The flight was very smooth and the crew were very pleasant and indulged in small talk among the passengers when it came for the in-flight snacks which were kind of pricey. Arrival was on time and the captain of the flight announced that this was his last flight and so all the passengers were requested to send their best wishes to the captain during de-boarding which was a nice touch. A very pleasant flight experience indeed. Thank you Indigo.
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2019

"the timings were good"

Not Verified | Flew from Mumbai to Bangalore last week. Opted for IndiGo as the timings were good, Check in was a little slow and so was boarding - their staff at the gates was asking people to check their bags in at the boarding gate so there was some confusion. The aircraft was a slightly older one. Seats were okay, since this was a corporate booking, got a XL seat over the wings. Meal was pre-added as a corporate booking perk - food was ok, had to remind the staff for a cup of tea. Never got one as when the crew did care to drop by, the pilot had already announced them to secure for landing.
AircraftA320-232
RouteMumbai to Bangalore
Date FlownMarch 2019

"staff were smiling"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Kuala Lumpur. I had paid for FF package so checkin was smooth even though baggage allowance was 20kg on ticket but they allow me to carry extra as a result my one hand bag went inside so i was free to walk on airport. I got checkin lounge where i can rest and have some food at odd hours and went to gate, boarding was already open one hour before departure and we were on our seat 30 minutes and gate close as every one had boarded. Boarding was smooth no drama. Flight was ready for take off and at that time it was advise that there is problem with aircraft and hence the flight need to abandon and change of aircraft and brought aircraft back to gate. Spend another 3 hours and finally took off. I can say that they had managed transition very smoothly. Aircraft were clean and toilets were clean too. staff were smiling and food was nice tea and upma which was preordered. Flight landed on time. Cant ask more on budget airline so it all depends upon what you pay upfront to get service.
RouteDelhi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"very thankful for the assistance we received"

Trip Verified | My 10-year old daughter had come down with traveller's diarrhea when we were about to take a flight with Indigo Airlines from Ahmedabad to Mumbai. By the time we were checking in it had become apparent that she was in no condition to fly. Fortunately to us, an employee of Indigo Airlines saw that my daughter was suffering. He invited us to an empty office where a short time later we were met by a doctor who examined my daughter and gave us medication and electrolytes. As a result my daughter's condition improved and we were able to take the flight after all. The help that we received was initiated by the attentive and very friendly Indigo Airlines staff. It was quick and un-bureaucratic with attention to detail (the staff organized a wheelchair and gave my daughter and us expedited access to the plain). We are very thankful for the assistance we received.
RouteAhmedabad to Mumbai

"was delayed 25 minutes"

Trip Verified | Indore to Bengaluru. Horrible service at check in counter. I had my flight which was delayed 25 minutes. As I was scared of missing my international connection due to the delay, I asked the staff to put my baggage under priority for releasing on the belt (due to the delay of the flight). Airline staff asked for payment for priority baggage, though the reason was clearly the delay in the flight.
RouteIndore to Bengaluru
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Flight was delayed 4 times"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Coimbatore via Chennai. Flight was delayed 4 times then cancelled. They had 1 member of staff trying to rebook around 250 passengers. Not even water was provided while flights were rebooked (which took 7 hours). Only 150ml of water was given onboard the aircraft which we were on for 4 hours before being deplaned when they cancelled the flight. Luggage was then not sent to the destinations. It took 5 days to get my luggage back and they wouldn’t even deliver it. I had to return to the airport.
RouteBangkok to Coimbatore via Chennai
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"should learn to respect passengers"

Trip Verified | I was disappointed with the delay, flight was 30 minutes delayed while going from Sharjah to Trivandrum and a one hour delay on return to Sharjah. I booked Indigo for an on time flight but its a false image. Worst experience, airline didn't even inform us about the delay through an SMS or any other means. Waste of time. Attitude of crew is the worst. They should learn to respect passengers.
RouteTrivandrum to Sharjah
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"our terminal had changed"

Trip Verified | On May 30th, 2018 my husband, mother and myself were supposed to catch our flight from Delhi to Goa with Indigo. However, the day before our flight we received a message stating that our terminal had changed due to renovations in the airport. My husband had called the airlines to confirm and was told that our terminal had in fact changed. Once we arrived at the Delhi airport, security wouldn’t let us inside the airport and he kept telling us we were in the wrong terminal. We told him that the airlines themselves had confirmed about the terminal change, but he still didn’t want to let us in and asked us to go to the Indigo customer care outside of the airport. When we went inside the customer service area it was already packed with other passengers and we had to wait a long time before we were greeted by the only one Indigo agent that was there. After we explained the situation to the gentleman, he called his manager to help us. The manager took at least 15-20 minutes before he came down (after the agent called numerous times). When we re-explained the situation the manager told us he can’t help us and left mid-conversation, baffling both my husband and I with such horrible customer service, especially from someone in management, The manager left another agent to “deal” with us that was even less helpful. By this time, boarding to the plane had started and we were still stuck with the agent telling us she couldn’t do anything. We asked instead of giving us full credit to book us another flight and we would pay the difference but she did not want to do that. She said we will have to pay in full for the flights and we would not be reimbursed. By this time, all early flights were gone, and by the time we finally checked ourselves to book another flight with another airlines all flights to Goa for May 30th were booked. We booked our flight with Fly Air for 6 times the original price and had to book a hotel for another night at Delhi. We called the hotel in Goa to advise them we wouldn’t make it to the hotel that day, but rather the following afternoon and asked if we would be able to get a credit for that day, but unfortunately we couldn’t. Because of the service from Indigo airlines and wrong information given to us by them, we had to spend 6 times the price of our original flights, lost 1 day of hotel in Goa and had to book another extra night in Delhi.
RouteDelhi to Goa
Date FlownMay 2018

"thank you to all the team"

Trip Verified | Goa to Singapore via Hubli and Bangalore. Big respect to the ground service crew of Indigo Airlines (Pratik, Tufeeq, Errana, Arpita and Sayed). They helped me big time at Hubli when I was landing from a flight from Goa. I lost my bag with my wallet (credit card, cash) in the airport Goa and realised the disaster when I was in Hubli, no wallet so no money, can't take the taxi to go to the hotel, it was midnight the airport was closing and the policemen started talking to me, big trouble, big time!! This is here than the amazing team of Indigo Airlines help me to get out of trouble. First, we went to the restaurant where they offered me a dish then they provided me a room for the night, on the morning they provided the breakfast, then they drove me to the city center where I was able to withdrawal some money through Western Union and finally drove me back to the airport at Hubli where I took my next flight to Bengaluru. Without their incredible help, I don't know what would have happened... so big thank you to all the team of Indigo Airlines.
RouteGoa to Singapore via Hubli / Bangalore
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"need more checkin agents"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Jaipur via Bangalore. Today in Hong Kong I arrived at checked in online and joined the checkin queue well before the stated checkin closing time of 7.30am, there was a long que. I finally made it to the counter at 8.11am and noticed the only 2 checkin agents were now panicking as the flight due to depart at 8.40 needed to close. Passport and visa were presented, boarding pass printed however the agent then required details of my departure from India, fare enough. I took around 1 minute to pull up those details on my MacBook - a reasonable time frame however the agent in charge elected to close the flight, instructed our boarding passes be ripped up and even though I showed the departure details was met with a sorry flight closed approach and checkin agents walking away. Is that good customer service? Or am I right in saying IndiGo need more checkin agents to process passengers on time?
RouteHong Kong to Jaipur via Bangalore