IndiGo

"a bad experience"

Not Verified |   My Indigo flight 6E-11 DEL-IST on 17 june 2024 was a bad experience. First, the codeshare with Turkish does not work properly (it is impossible to make the web check-in online and to choose seats, we have to wait until we arrive at the airport). The schedule of this flight is very unconfortable, making us impossible to have a hotel breakfast before boarding. We had 1 hour delay and not a single cabin announcement to explain it. The captain was unable to make any announcement except a brief incomprehensible announcement just before landing. The onboard entertainment was not working and we had to make the whole journey with a white screen, without any idea of the time and our position. The stewardesses distributed water generously, but instead of a meal, I received only a tiny portion of vegetable curry. I was so hungry that I had to rush into a turkish restaurant at the Istanbul airport. The stewardesses are nice, but they still wear the ridiculous "Girl power" badge. Being a supporter of gender equality, I am shocked by this provocation and I would find it nice to also have men in the crew.
RouteDelhi to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2024

"was charged 10,000 rs extra"

Trip Verified | My sister had flight today at 1:25 from Lucknow to Ahmedabad on 8th June 2024. She reached Airport at 12:25 pm and there was a long que in front of check-in counter. She printed boarding pass 1 day ago and in that was they mentioned boarding time 12:40 Pm. She reached at counter by 12:25 Pm (1 hours before flight). Though she reached at time, they didn't allow her to go into the flight and asked her to pay 5000 rs extra to go to next flight in evening. She paid money through UPI but they didn't accept that receipt and She had to again pay 5000 rs by debit card. Without breaking any rule, She was charged 10,000 rs extra. (5000 Rs through UPI+ 5000 Rs through Debit card) and also couldn't go to flight and they rescheduled it. They also charge 200 rs. for taking boarding pass though other flights doesn’t charge any extra money for boarding pass on counter.
RouteLucknow to Ahmedabad
Date FlownJune 2024

"charged me extra for my hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Worst experience. They are the worst staff with worst attitude. They didn't let me take my hand luggage. so they asked it to be weighed and when it was obviously extra for the hand over luggage, they charged me extra for my hand luggage weight. They warned me that if i don't pay up I'll miss my flight and have to book another. I had to pay extra. when i arrived at my destination, i didn't get my luggage, they asked me to come back to airport to receive my luggage in the evening, but i got a call stating they'll send next day. What is wrong with indigo seriously.
RouteBengaluru to Chandigarh
Date FlownJune 2024

“Staff is inconsiderate and inhuman”

Trip Verified | Indigo airlines are unreasonably inflexible. They value nonsense rules over humanity it seems. We were flying to Lucknow to visit Ayodhya. The reason we booked this flight was that it was a direct 2 hour flight and my parents are old and I did not want to get a longer itinerary with multiple flights. The flight was at 6:45AM. We reached airport at 5:30Am. I just stood in the long queue as it was the only counter that was working there. Later I found that it was for bag drop only. When asking about check-in counter they asked to check in at kiosk. When I reached there, it said check-in window is closed and that was actually very tight I ran to the only counter for all time assistance and it was queue there also. They asked me to go to supervisor Vismaya. Inspite of sharing my concern with her that our trip is a very short one and we need to reach there soon, she just did a formal call to manager who said it is not possible to check in now. My parents flight was already checked in and mine which was separate had some issues checking in one day prior when I tried. They said that your parents can board but not myself. I made humble request to consider our situation. She kept on saying we understand but we cannot help it. She booked another flight and charged extra 2500 INR per person even when the new flight was having several vacant seats. The new itinerary was long and had multiple flights. The second flight was delayed by an hour and they changed gates at the end moment and we were all tired standing up where there was no formal seating arrangement. The staff there also kept on reprimanding people to be standing in like be where there was no queue absolutely. He was just standing there and targeting people unnecessarily. There were heated arguments there also with other passengers and the staff. The airline is absolutely horrible. Staff is inconsiderate and inhuman as I found. They were behaving as if they are obliging us by having us onboarded at the flight. I will never want to travel with this flight again.
RouteIndore to Lucknow
Date FlownMay 2024

"gate closes 25min prior to departure"

Trip Verified | I am resident in U.K. and was traveling to Mangalore on family emergency. I had travelled from London to Bengaluru and had booked Indigo flight to Mangalore. At first my flight got cancelled and offered me a earlier available flight to choose before a week for my travel from london to Bengaluru. So I had to choose the one available at earliest due to requirements. I traveled from London to Bengaluru and reached around 4.50am at terminal 2, at first my bags were missing and I had to sort it out and come and get my Mangalore flight of indigo scheduled to departure on 7.20am. Sorting out my missing bags issue had taken a quite of time and I had rushed to terminal 1 to board a flight. As my bags were missing I didn’t had any bags to checkin and I had directly went to security check and took 10min of time to get clear. Later I came near gate 21 and they said gates are closed just 2min ago. They refused to allow me to board 7.20 flight, I have just standing infront of them at 6.57am and they give reasons that gate closes 25min prior to departure. For 2 min delay which was not intentional and a family emergency they behave so rude and asked me to take next available flight which was around 16.35pm. It’s an 9 hours from my actual flight and it didn’t ended there and they charged me an extra 8000rupees for that flight.
RouteBengaluru to Mangalore
Date FlownMay 2024

"we ended up missing the flight"

Not Verified | I booked from Chandigarh to Bagdogra with 1 hour layover at Delhi. The Flight from CHd had a delayed start , and the flight landed at 12.56 pm instead of 12.20 . My connecting flight to Bagdogra was at 1.20 and I had my father who is a senior citizen we approached the first Indigo desk about we were made to move from one counter to another post landing and I kept telling the staff that we do not have time and they should communicate at the flight gate that we are on our way. In the end we ended up missing the flight and we would have not missed it had the staff been more vigilant and more communication savy. As luck would have it, I met Mr Gurprakash at the door of my closed out flight and I gave him my piece of mind, he took all my words with good patience and booked me into the next flight. Had all the staff members been more vigilant or cooperative, I would have been on my original flight.
RouteChandigarh to Baghdogra via Delhi
Date FlownMay 2024

"experienced very great service"

Not Verified | We recently flew with indigo and experienced very great service and friendly crew. Cclean cabin, smooth ride, fast ride, quick security and check-in, no wifi, no snacks. One of the best flights with Indigo!
RouteDelhi to Jammu
Date FlownApril 2024

“pleasant cabin crew”

Trip Verified | The flight is a standard IndiGo experience, pleasant cabin crew and since it was just 45 minutes, I did not pre-book or purchase a meal on-board. However, this flight was delayed by almost 45 minutes and then to add to the delay, the aircraft was parked in a remote stand, I had a connecting flight with another airline in Bangalore and almost missed it.
AircraftA320neo
RouteMangalore to Bengaluru
Date FlownMay 2024

"a comfortable enough flight"

Trip Verified | Indigo initially changed the flight from 2.30 pm to a morning departure but the call centre was quite helpful since I could not leave in the morning from Mumbai, they accommodated me on a later flight at 3 pm in the afternoon. The check-in queue was long but very efficient and I was able to check-in my bag in no time. I had pre-booked a meal combo on the flight, the signature Chicken Junglee sandwich, which was very good and a juice (however the beverage quantity served was very little just about 100 ml). The seat was comfortable with ample leg room (a regular economy seat). The crew was friendly and prompt. Overall a comfortable enough flight.
RouteMumbai to Mangalore

"Overall quite happy"

Trip Verified | Efficient and comfortable flight. Quick check-in, courteous and attentive cabin crew. The pre-booked in flight meal was good and the regular economy class seat was quite comfortable for this short flight with enough legroom. Overall quite happy.
AircraftA320neo