IndiGo

"Really cheap strategy"

Not Verified | I booked a ticket on Indigo on 03 Jan 22 for 05 Jan 22 Cochin to Dubai at departure time 00.30 local time but after the booking I get an SMS stating the departure time on 05 Jan 22 is 13.00 local time which is a delay of almost 13 hours and do not serve my purpose for the day. Their website had a problem then why should I suffer for it, hence I requested a full refund for which they are not willing to give. I called them and after talking to their customer service for 01 hour or more, she would not give a full refund, neither solve the issue nor let me speak to her manager and wanted me to book for another date. From her I understood that the 04 Jan 22 flight was cancelled and they rescheduled the 05 Jan 22 flight, which I did not want due to the change in timing and fly with another airline as I have to reach on 05 Jan 22 early morning. These guys go by On Time departure and Arrival but none of that is true. So all of you be beware and customer service has a few lines which they repeat for every question and it really annoys you as this is not the right reply in English for a question asked. Pathetic situation to cheat you out of your money as when you cancel they get a free amount of INR 5,500/-. Disgrace to this company and the people who work for it and own it. Really cheap strategy.
RouteCochin to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2021

"it's a good time to start checking the weight and size of cabin baggage"

Trip Verified | On the return flight from Indore, the check-in of the luggage was done very swiftly as we reached the airport well ahead of departure. The boarding also started well on time. One thing that was observed was the huge amount of cabin baggage and the size of that baggage was also very big and yet there were no checks related to the hand baggage performed by the airline staff because it seemed that a lot of luggage were exceeding the 7kg limit and also the dimensions. Perhaps time for the airline to start checking hand luggage? The crew instructed the passengers to keep their backpacks under the seats but during take-off it was observed that a lot of passengers were keeping the backpacks on their lap which was a gross safety violation and yet the crew did not enforce the safety policy properly. Being efficient and on time is important, but never at the cost of safety. The flight itself was uneventful with a upma / tea snack provided as part of the corporate fare and reached on time. I appreciate flying with the airline, but customer satisfaction should never come at the expense of safety norms as this would impact any evacuation procedures. Perhaps this is something that should be kept in mind. And also it's a good time to start checking the weight and size of cabin baggage taken on board the aircraft as well to avoid such incidents in the future. The rating is given based on the safety violation of not stowing away the cabin bags under the seat during takeoff but apart from that the flight and crew were really good.
RouteIndore to Bengaluru
Date FlownNovember 2021

"could not have asked for anything better"

Trip Verified | We had to go Indore for a family function and on this particular flight, we had checked in online and as the fare booked was a corporate fare the seat selection was free. At Bangalore airport, there is a separate section where the passengers can just drop off their bags and the staff there ensure that the bags are checked in which seems to be a much faster process and this is something that other airlines can emulate in order to reduce the waiting time in queues. Also another point to note is that even though the kiosk machines were not working and were unable to print the boarding passes, one can use the mobile boarding pass on the mobile phones for security access. This is also something I experienced first hand and was very valuable. The boarding started on schedule and the flight itself was very comfortable and as the booking was a corporate booking, one is entitled to a single meal and a beverage. I selected the paneer masala rice as it was in the afternoon time. The food was pretty decent along with the tea. Staff service was prompt and polite. Arrival was 30 mins ahead of schedule which was appreciated and the crew was wearing a smile on their faces even while de-boarding and thanking the passengers. Overall could not have asked for anything better.
RouteBengaluru to Indore
Date FlownNovember 2021

"we are very disappointed with the airline"

(Bahrain)

Not Verified | To start with, we were travelling to Male, Maldives from Cochin using Indigo, we had booked our flight from Cochin to the Maldives and then onwards to Bahrain. The check in counter staff member reacted very differently to us trying to travel telling us we are supposed to book a return flight back to India from the Maldives as per ‘air bubble agreement’, since we didn’t have time to review the reasons mentioned by the airline, we had no choice but to book a return flight to India. This was not enough for the airline, they wanted a direct flight back. We again made our travel agent rebook, while we didn't cancel our flight to Bahrain, since we didn't trust the totally misinformed Indigo staff, we travelled, spent days in the Maldives and travelled to Bahrain without any hassles! We checked and rechecked with Male airport as well, no such rule was there! Wrong information besides being totally un cooperative towards customers, we are very disappointed with the airline, especially as I have never experienced this. We had asked to meet with the manager, instead of asking him to come to talk to us, we were sent to some counter where he was seated fidgeting with his phone, laid back and totally uncooperative. I am not a person who likes writing such reviews but such incidents are very very problematic. Hope Indigo take appropriate action.
RouteKochi to Male
Date FlownNovember 2021

"flight had no meal supplies"

Trip Verified | This flight had no meal supplies and I had a meal booked with my ticket. I was offered cashews & almonds in place of a meal at 8 PM. The Air Hostess told me "There are more options available but today we don't have any." This happened when I was sitting in 6th row, I can only imagine what people in 16th or 60th row had. Why would you charge money for a meal & not provide it?
RouteDelhi to Bhubabneswar

"Keep up the good work"

Trip Verified | Indigo staff Chirag at the Goa airport saved my day. I was late to board the Goa to Mumbai indigo flight due to a road accident on 2nd October 2021 flight 6E 259 @ 19.50 The boarding gate was closed and I had a connecting flight to London. The lady at the checkin desk was really helpful, she first refused but later checked with Chirag and than it was run run run - he guided me to the boarding gate. Made my London flight on time Can’t thank him the the check in desk staff enough. Saved me from panic attack. In the last 10 days I have travelled at least 5 times with the Indigo. Excellent service from checking to departure. And the best thing is it’s always on time. Keep up the good work
RouteGoa to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Indigo must be proud both of you"

Not Verified | I was late for boarding to Delhi from Gorakhpur airport. I reached at 15:10, my flight was at 15:40. The staff said, I am late, they were not allowing me to board. But with the support of two employees of Indigo Airlines Ruksar and Satendra are really nice people. They understand the situation. The two have been very helpful to me. She insisted on it and gave me my boarding pass. Thanks, Indigo must be proud both of you two.
RouteGorakhpur to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"substandard quality of service"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Rude staff, substandard quality of service and they will loot your money over excess baggage weight and other surprise fees not warned to the customer beforehand on their website. Their website for example provides the fee for pre booked additional baggage weight but does not mention the fee if excess baggage is found during boarding.
RouteDoha to Kannur
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"the seat selection was free"

Trip Verified | When doing the online web check in, I was pleased to note that since I had booked using a corporate fare, the seat selection was free and also I was entitled to 1 complementary snack onboard the flight. The baggage drop process was smooth although due to huge queues at Bangalore airport, the IndiGo staff quickly collected all the bags from the pax in a separate queue which allowed quick deposit of the bags. Boarding started on time and I learnt that for the complementary snack, there was a choice of upma / poha for veg items and chicken noodles for the non veg items along with the choice of a beverage (hot / cold). The sandwiches could not be availed as part of a CPML booking as I found out but the quantity of the items was on a generous side which was appreciated. The flight landed also on time at Kolkata, however the baggage took some time before coming. In the end, I got more for what I paid for including free seat selection and a complementary meal, and got safely to my destination on time. Cannot ask for anything more.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Kolkata
Date FlownAugust 2021

"one of the top LCCs in Asia"

Trip Verified | At Mumbai airport, during check in, the staff took care to verify the negative RT PCR reports of all the passengers travelling to Karnataka which was appreciated even though the seat selection during online check in was not free unlike the previous time when I flew which was a surprise. Boarding started well ahead of schedule and it seems that Indigo is deploying with high capacity Airbus A321 Neo aircraft on high density routes to get as much passengers and load as possible. The crew was welcoming and wished everyone during boarding and deboarding which was much appreciated as these small things do matter. The luggage could have perhaps come a bit earlier than expected but apart from that there is nothing much that one can fault IndiGo on because everything was perfect: the fare, the on time arrival, the crews attitude. It has rightly achieved it's status as one of the top LCCs in Asia.
AircraftA321 Neo