Icelandair

(Sweden)

Sweden to Washington DC return. Tickets were cheap however you don't get any food during the flight everything has to be paid for. On my return our flight was cancelled due to technical difficulties. Things were chaotic and there didn't seem to be a plan to deal with this. I was forced to stay for 48 hours extra at a hotel. The support were not located at the Dulles airport so they couldn't help me with my hotel accommodation. They only had one flight out from Dulles each day so their local personal arrived around 3pm. Yes it's cheap but if something goes wrong expect to have some extra trouble. I have now learnt that there is a big advantage of travelling with a big airline or at least airlines that have more than one flight each day at the specific airport.

Icelandair customer review

Our tickets were very expensive for the service we received. For four hundred pounds per ticket for the 2.5 hour flight from London Heathrow-Reykjavik I expect a free meal drinks and a working entertainment system as well as a more generous checked bag allowance. Inflight entertainment didn't work on my monitor despite multiple re- starts. There was nothing to distinguish Icelandair from a more budget competitor. Keflavik airport is beautiful but badly designed - you check-in on the ground-floor go through security on the second floor duty free on the second floor passport control down to the ground floor queue at the gate on the ground floor and then go to the second floor to board.

Icelandair customer review

Halifax to Reykjavik to Paris return. Meals were good quality and I was able to get an empty row. Service was extremely friendly and helpful. This airline is great for those who need to save money but still want a pleasant voyage.

Icelandair customer review

Minneapolis to Manchester via Keflavik in Saga Class. Legroom very cramped should be advertised as Premium Economy. Menu choice not is not inspiring. Priority boarding in Minneapolis was just a scramble so why pay extra money. Disembarkation at Manchester was a total shambles with the gate agent insisting that Glasgow bound passengers disembark first for a security check. She was shouting causing lot of pushing and shoving between the airbridge and aircraft. Even the flight attendant looked shocked.

Icelandair customer review

Flew Toronto to Manchester via Keflavik. Staff were friendly and leg room was adequate in Economy Class. I didn't like the lack of free food on the flight from Toronto so had to sustain myself on tea and coffee. The flight from Keflavik to Manchester wasn't too pleasant with no communication or apology for the delay from staff. We started boarding 15 mins after the scheduled departure time. Icelandair does have a budget feel for a national carrier and would avoid using again.

Icelandair customer review

Economy plus on Icelandair. We were highly disappointed with our seats service and poor attitude of most of the flight attendants. Our seats were right by the door and bathroom. I would have been better off back in Economy and saved the money.

Icelandair customer review

My wife and I travelled Boston to Oslo. The total trip consisted of 4 segments via Iceland two each way. At check-in and on each succeeding segment we were reassigned to different seats and were unable to sit together. It was very disappointing.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-HEL return. First leg (SEA-KEF) was okay no free food provided luckily brought my own headphones but at KEF there was a strike and ended up being delayed 11 hrs. No help at the airport and another airline took me to HEL. On the return I was assured by Icelandair that another strike going on would not affect my flight. However at the airport I was re-routed from HEL-YYZ then to YVR and then to SEA. Was home 24 hrs later than scheduled.

Icelandair customer review

5 of us flew SEA-KEF-CDG return. Our return flight out of CDG was (originally) delayed due to a problem with the plane. The passengers were given no information and told to go to a hotel at CDG where they fed us. 7 hrs later we were told to go back to the airport re-checked our bags went through security and waited there until midnight at which time we were told the flight was cancelled. Back to the hotel woke at 6.30am went back to the airport where complete chaos ensued. There was 1 Icelandair employee trying to make plans for 150 passengers to get to a variety of destinations. Anyone who wanted to leave had to run around CDG trying to find seats with other carriers. The 5 of us left France 48 hrs after our original flight on two separate carriers. Icelandair has no employees on the ground (that we saw) in Paris. They out source ticket/bag handling to a group which is ineffectual and cannot help you.

Icelandair customer review

Icelandair to Scandinavia departing from JFK connecting in KEF for STO and then from CPH-KEF and KEF-JFK all Saga class. We took advantage of the free stopover in Iceland on our way back. I have only one complaint and that is that the departure hall in KEF crams several gates into a small area with almost no seats. Saga class is quite comfortable and the level of service was excellent. The cabin crew was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The seats are not lie-flat and don't even recline very far but they are spacious and comfortable. The food from JFK-KEF was quite good from KEF-JFK I had the sushi which was ok. In-flight entertainment was decent although there were quite a few commercials for various Iceland tours. I wouldn't choose Icelandair for business travel it's hard to get any sleep as the flight to KEF is somewhat short and the stopover consumes time. But for leisure travel to Europe I would recommend Saga class for value-conscious travellers.