Icelandair

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF-LHR. Nice check in staff and the cabin crew kind courteous and very helpful. Flight out delayed 30 mins. Seats were quite comfortable and leg room adequate. Inflight entertainment was good. Prices for food onboard are quite high. Inbound flight was ok check-in at Keflavik quick and the flight boarded quickly. It was on an older aircraft and my inflight usb charger port was not working. Other than that it was a pleasant flight and service from the cabin crew pleasant as well. The ticket prices are a little on the higher end of the spectrum considering food isn't included with the ticket.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-LHR. Flew from SEA to LHR on Dec 24th Premium Economy was very good leg room IFE and food was nice clean aeroplane both directions. On return trip there was a delay in London due to bad weather over the UK and outbound flight to KEF was delayed. Icelandair ground staff in London were professional and helpful. Upon arrival in KEF ground staff again very helpful and sorted out a hotel and taxi in KEF. Flew back to SEA next day in Saga class again service was very good and I will certainly fly Icelandair again.

Icelandair customer review

BOS-KEF-LHR Jan 2012. I was booked in Premium Economy and figured this would be a regular Economy seat with a blocked middle seat but it turned out to be a regular Business Class seat on both legs (2+2 on 757-200). Personal space was very good (akin to domestic First in the US) good recline and a good IFE system. IFE was touch-screen with a good selection of On-Demand movies and audio channels. The Premium Economy service was different to Business Class service - even though we were in the same cabin with the same seats. Premium Economy meals were sandwiches and salads - Business Class looked like a more substantial meal tray with glassware. Premium Economy could use the Business Class lounge at both Boston and Keflavik. A very pleasant trip.

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF and KEF-FRA (economy). Flew two 757-200WL and was impressed! Check-in was fast in both London and Keflavik and Icelandair ground personnel there to offer assistance. Both flights were packed however we managed to board on time and arrived in both KEF and FRA ahead of schedule. For a semi low-cost airline I was impressed as all passengers were able to use the on demand inflight entertainment free of charge. In economy we were offered a free drink however food had to be paid for which in my opinion was overpriced. Facilities in the refurbished Keflavik airport were excellent.

Icelandair customer review

MAN-KEF-MAN outbound flight was reasonable and luckily I was able to change my seats when I checked in online as we had not been allocated seats together. Inbound flight was delayed 11 hours. We were sent an email with details of a 9.5 hour delay in advance but when we arrived at KEF the delay was even longer totalling 11 hours. Explanation was delayed plane incoming to KEF. Very inconvenient having work commitments to get back to.

Icelandair customer review

LHR to KEF return in December 2011. The boarding process was poorly managed. The flight attendants were friendly but because food was paid for in economy it made the process so slow. Near the end of the flight there was a mad rush for the toilets. The flight back to London was a little better. It was late but I really am not sure why everything else was ready but as we being seated I saw the plane being loaded with baggage. This is a bit silly as it is proof of poor organisation skills. I would fly Icelandair again and since it is a short 3 hour flight economy is fine.

Icelandair customer review

Man to Keflavik December 2011. First time with this airline and I was impressed with the quality of service and the good legroom in economy. Soft Drinks and beverages were free of charge however alcohol and any food had to be paid for. Headphones were also for sale but I used my own and watched a couple of movies from a reasonable selection available. When forced to wait on the tarmac at Manchester for de-icing for 3.5 hours the cabin crew made sure water soft drinks and beer were available free of charge on demand. Toilets were opened and the cabin crew were great. I would certainly fly them again for short haul at least.

(Italy)

We took flights from/to London Heathrow. The flight was good the seats quite comfortable with enough space for the legs. The service onboard was poor but we didn't expect much for a night flight. Some TV monitors didn't work at all. The landing was terrible but it was due to horrible weather conditions. Not that bad and probably the best way to travel to Iceland.

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF-JFK. The fare was 30% lower than a direct LHR-JFK flight so I liked that a lot. The 757 is a great aircraft and the ride was smooth the legroom excellent my seat extremely comfortable. I had to make a fast transfer to the Keflavik-JFK flight and I agree with another reviewer that the airport makes one feel like a yo-yo up down up down and finally up. Needs work. Airline staff and crew were first-rate highly professional and a pleasure to fly with though I felt one should be able to pay cash and get change rather than using plastic for inflight purchases.

Icelandair customer review

LHR to KEF return. Clean comfortable 757 in both directions with pleasant cabin crew. I don't mind paying for a snack inflight but Icelandair could try harder with what's on offer! Late going out due to excessive traffic both in and out of LHR and return due to late arrival of incoming aircraft but time was made up by 20/30 minutes in both directions. The only problems were with unhelpful (KEF) and rude (LHR) ground staff. What a pity.