Icelandair

Icelandair customer review

Flew AT-KEF via IAD. Luggage checked through to KEF. We checked in DC with the Icelandair gate agent and were told the luggage was "in the system". Now we are in Reykjavik ready to leave for 2 weeks and we still have no luggage. Does Icelandair care - no! They said when it turns up it turns up. Thanks Icelandair. And we were flying Business Class.

Icelandair customer review

Flying SEA-London. Icelandair changed mine and my husband's seats (without notice - so instead of siting by each other for a 7 hr flight we are seated by strangers. Sort of defeats the purpose of Comfort Economy.

Icelandair customer review

I bought a ticket to fly from Manchester to Seattle via Iceland. Less than 24 hours prior to my departure I was informed by my travel agent that my connecting flight had been rescheduled and I would have a layover in Iceland for 24 hours - if I were to stay in a hotel this was to be at my own expense. I had booked through a travel agent and she was able to reschedule me on a KLM flight instead she also secured my refund although it took 6 weeks to come through. Icelandair were unapologetic and absolved all responsibility saying it was their prerogative to reschedule the flights. I make this journey 2-3 times a years and would be reluctant to risk them again.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF B757-200 in Business class. Icelandair use the British Airways lounge at SeaTac. The seats onboard were wide and comfortable but are not flat bed. The flight attendants were engaging and outstanding service. The food was nice.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-FRA return HAM-KEF-SEA. Inflight service good food for purchase the same as you get on a domestic US flight. IFE good but screen did not work correctly. Connection time in Keflavik was short but caught next flight. On the return I had a 7 hour layover had a great time at the blue Lagoon. Airport is easy to navigate and has restaurant and shops.

Icelandair customer review

CPH-KEF-CPH B757-300. Exit seat on way out and front part of the aircraft on the way back. Not sure if this is the area for Economy Comfort if sold. Legroom very good. Outbound crew was friendly except for the Purser. Buy onboard choice is small food wise. Snacks ok. Check-in in KEF was bad as huge queues. Checked earlier with German and Icelandic staff and they confirmed that through check of luggage with LX is possible. Staff first refused and after discussing checked it through - but did not want to hand out boarding passes for further flight. Purser on the way back even worse. Yelled at people who tried to stow hand luggage but could not find any space. Rest of the crew not much better. Ran out of croissants after the 3rd row that was served on an early morning flights. No choice to Iceland (except for Iceland Express) therefore airline is mediocre.

Icelandair customer review

OSL-KEF-JFK B 757-200's comfortable seats individual IFE screens. Movie selection quite dated games not working. Food headphones and alcoholic beverages offered for sale. FA's attentive.

Icelandair customer review

Glasgow/Seattle return. Biggest problem was return flight. Customs/Immigration check at SEA all OK. Then changing at KEF more checks then stopping at Manchester we had to leave plane with hand - baggage and walk miles for rigorous customs checks it was at least 15 minute walk carrying hand baggage. My wife and I are in our 80s and it was exhausting for us with no offer of assistance. We will not travel with them again. Keflavik was chaos and the cabin service was poor and the staff icy - It is no loner a cheap service either.

(Thailand)

I neglected to read Icelandair reviews until after I had purchased my full fare business class tickets. I decided to cancel when I called for a refund I realized why it's only a 3 star airline. After 6 phone calls and promises of immediate refund I was called a liar and told to expect a minimum of 2 months to get my refund.

Icelandair customer review

Received email less than 3 days before flight advising delay of 8 hours meaning arrival in Iceland after midnight. Customer relations indifferent. Had to cancel as this was to be a short trip.