Icelandair

Icelandair customer review

BOS-KEF-ARL in economy. Flight was fine. Seats comfortable and IFE varied and good but bring your own headset as they charge. Child had a free meal on each leg of the flight but adults had to pay for food. Have to say that the quality of the inflight food is somewhat better now that you must buy it. When it was free it was inedible. Flight attendants were glacially efficient. As others have said it was mass chaos when it was time to pass through passport check and connect with our flight to Sweden. Afraid we would miss our flight but somehow they processed everyone in time to catch further flights. On the way back KEF was less chaotic and we had a couple hours to wait. Had a totally delicious Icelandic lamb sandwich at the small cafe. Will be flying them again this summer as they are the least expensive option for us.

(Iceland)

I fly regularly with Icelandair usually flights are on time and checkin/boarding goes smoothly. The seats are relatively comfortable. The food used to be free - now food and drinks must be bought but drinking water is usually provided sometimes a bottle that passengers help themselves to at boarding time. At odd times in the flight (on morning flights about half an hour after takeoff just when one is about to drift off to sleep) loud advertisements touting the miracles of Iceland obviously aimed at tourists blast from the screens cannot be turned off. Flight attendants are decidedly unfriendly and seem to view passengers as an inconvenience that must be at best endured. Flights are very expensive compared to other carriers. Not recommended unless nothing else is available.

Icelandair customer review

Saga class from LHR to Minnesota via Iceland. Takeoff was delayed from LHR and consequently the lunch offering was later than expected this causing a problem to one of us due to a dietary requirement to eat regularly. Having been advised of this the cabin crew responded with speed and concern providing an assortment of suitable snacks. Check in at LHR were less than impressive with one common queue for all classes and a surly booking clerk who appeared to view politeness and service as an inconvenience.

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF-LHR : it is a shame that it feels and runs as if it was a budget airline carrier. Soft and Hot Drinks complimentary only flight tickets cheap the only positive point is you can check-in online and they still let you on with 20kg luggage. Flight on time each way and good B757 layout with good legroom - staff actually smiling this time and seemed good with customer service. Pilots gave detailed flight briefing and entertainment screens were average for a 3 hour flight.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-SEA in Economy. Onboard seats were comfortable and pretty good leg room. IFE was on- demand and worked perfectly. You have to pay for food in Economy but considering how inexpensive the ticket was ($950 for two people round trip) and that almost all US airlines make you do the same for flights almost as long I didn't mind. Cabin crew were nice and efficient service. Return flight was the same except delay slightly longer due to weather at KEF and I was able to get an emergency exit row that had great leg room. I like that Icelandair doesn't charge you for checked baggage or exit row seating. Icelandair is better than any US airline save Hawaiian.

Icelandair customer review

I don't ever do this but needed to let people know that this airline is a total shambles. I bought a cheaper ticket than BA - Seattle to London although I was put off by the rudeness of the customer service representative subsequently changed the day of my flight which cost me $275 (!) again a very rude customer service person. Then Icelandair cancelled my flight - no apologies for the inconvenience just a phone message saying I was eligible for a full refund. I am still 3 months later battling with them to get my money back. You send an email to the refund dept they reply 3 weeks later. There is no-one to talk to over the phone except very rude customer service people! Never again. I had my doubts when I read the reviews and now I know that this is the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF Economy. Very pleasant flight. Surprised to find IFE on a short European flight. Modern planes friendly crew excellent food available for purchase. A definite difference to the increasingly no-frills service provided by other European airlines.

(Norway)

Bought round trip from Oslo to Orlando in economy class. Booked emergency exit seats on all flights without extra cost. The plane was clean ok food and service. However flight attendants could have been more smiling. The entertainment is a bit obsolete old movies and bad selection of games.

Icelandair customer review

We purchased the Economy Comfort seats thinking we would have a few more amenities. Our included dinner was a choice of several mediocre items - a wrap (horrible) a sandwich - all wrapped in some type of plastic wrap and thrown onto a paper table cloth put on our tray. Beer and wine were provided. Cabin attendants were busy with the economy class and very seldom seen. From MSP to Iceland the seats were fine 2x2 personal monitor comfortable seats. From Iceland to Germany our seats were 3x3 monitors were not in good places for us to see no computer connection as promised and seats similar to economy. For the additional cost of Economy Comfort I expected more.

Icelandair customer review

Brussels to Reykjavik Saga Class: great seats food attentive and friendly service good supply of drinks full AVOD and a very interesting Icelandic modern music channel. No internet check-in no lounge or fast track in Brussels and overcrowded lounge in Reykjavik. Considering the price paid still a great value.