Icelandair

Icelandair customer review

Amsterdam-Boston return. The airline is okay seating is good. Soft drinks free meals and food are charged at extra costs onboard but we took sandwiches with us. There is one important thing; when surfing on the internet looking and comparing prices on the Icelandair website rose each time with about 25 to 100 Euros when coming back to the site. In the end prices had risen by about 500 Euros. Then we made the final booking on a friends laptop and the initial low prices came back again which means that they recognize the computer you work on and adapt in this case increase prices each time you come back. So when comparing and searching work on computers with different internet addresses!

Icelandair customer review

Would advise that you never fly Icelandair out of Minneapolis on a Friday or Saturday (Sundays probably not good either). They don't have staff on site on these days so if you should miss your plane (as we did due to weather) there is no one who can rebook it for you. They have flights operating but use staff from another airline (Sun Country) to run them. These non- Icelandair staff are not authorized to rebook flights. We could find no one capable of rebooking us on the next flight - called the Icelandair 800 number etc as well as Orbitz who initially booked our flight - no one could help us because they weren't authorized to rebook. Only Icelandair in Minneapolis could do that and they're not around on weekends.

Icelandair customer review

Flight cancelled resulting in a 26 hour delay on May 31. This was not volcano related. I never did get a clear answer on why the flight was delayed. All questions were stonewalled and we were treated like they were doing us a favor by getting us to our destination at all. I am still waiting an email response from their customer service because they have stopped taking calls.

Icelandair customer review

We have just returned from a trip to London via Icelandair. The price could not be beaten booking was a breeze. There are luggage restrictions but unlike American Airlines where passengers have a tendency to bring huge bags on board (which take forever to stow) and there is no room left don't look to the surly cabin crew for help. Our seats were comfortable. The cabin staff are to be commended for their professionalism. Food is not included we did try the sushi and it was better than most Tandoori Chicken was pretty bad.

(Finland)

Just finished a roundtrip Helsinki to Toronto via Reykjavik on Icelandair. The fare was booked in February and very competitive at 500EUR. Reykjavik airport is very convenient for transfer and for someone who does not enjoy long flights it was wonderful to only have a 5-hour transatlantic sector. Cabin crew very senior and just polite not friendly at all. The worst part is the buy-on-board menu which really should include more choice in warm meals. A tasteless vegetarian wrap just is not sufficient. Best to bring own snacks. For the fare paid Icelandair got me there safely and almost on schedule. Still wish they'd make passengers feel more welcome with a few smiles thrown in.

Icelandair customer review

The term "economy plus" is a misnomer. Economy minus would be a better description. First the seats were the same as economy except the middle seat in a three-seat was left vacant. We had to share our tv screen as only one was provided on the seats assigned. My wife and I took turns being uncomfortable in the seat that had our knees up against the protruding exit door. As poor and uncomfortable was the seating it was not as bad as the poor guy in front of us whose seat did not recline at all. In addition he and the other passenger had no middle seat between them. As much as we would like to visit Iceland for a longer period next year I'm afraid Icelandair is out of the question. The cabin crew needs to spend less time catching up on the latest news they have to share and pay more attention to those that maintain their employment. The is the first negative review I have written over the past few years in my travels. I generally write very positive things or choose not to write anything. This experience compelled me to make this exception.

Icelandair customer review

I found Icelandair service absolutely inadequate. I have never had to pay for food on an intercontinental flight. Icelandair does not have a contract with other airlines therefor they will not transfer luggage from other airlines. So you have to go to baggage claim and pick up your luggage and recheck in with Icelandair. I could live with all of the above if the pricing was so much cheaper than other airlines. But that too is a major disappointment.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-LHR. Check-in & boarding at SEA was good. Very impressed with onboard service and found it interesting that very few pax actually opted to take advantage of the on-board meal purchase which enforces my belief that most pax only eat airline meals because they feel they have paid for it so they should eat whatever is offered. Found the customs / immigration at KEF to be friendly and welcoming which was not the case with the security people at KEF who were anything but friendly and welcoming and quite aggressive with pax. Departure of flight from KEF was on-time as was arrival at LHR with luggage waiting on the carousel. LHR-KEF-SEA check-in and boarding and well organized with friendly staff who went out of their way to solve problems with my seating assignment. Overall impression of Icelandair was very good - they will get more of my business if they continue to offer great fares. Highly recommend Icelandair for anyone looking for good value and those who like me who find the nonstop flights from the west coast of Canada/USA too long and like the thought of having a break after seven hours of flying.