Icelandair

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-HEL return. First leg (SEA-KEF) was okay no free food provided luckily brought my own headphones but at KEF there was a strike and ended up being delayed 11 hrs. No help at the airport and another airline took me to HEL. On the return I was assured by Icelandair that another strike going on would not affect my flight. However at the airport I was re-routed from HEL-YYZ then to YVR and then to SEA. Was home 24 hrs later than scheduled.

Icelandair customer review

5 of us flew SEA-KEF-CDG return. Our return flight out of CDG was (originally) delayed due to a problem with the plane. The passengers were given no information and told to go to a hotel at CDG where they fed us. 7 hrs later we were told to go back to the airport re-checked our bags went through security and waited there until midnight at which time we were told the flight was cancelled. Back to the hotel woke at 6.30am went back to the airport where complete chaos ensued. There was 1 Icelandair employee trying to make plans for 150 passengers to get to a variety of destinations. Anyone who wanted to leave had to run around CDG trying to find seats with other carriers. The 5 of us left France 48 hrs after our original flight on two separate carriers. Icelandair has no employees on the ground (that we saw) in Paris. They out source ticket/bag handling to a group which is ineffectual and cannot help you.

Icelandair customer review

Icelandair to Scandinavia departing from JFK connecting in KEF for STO and then from CPH-KEF and KEF-JFK all Saga class. We took advantage of the free stopover in Iceland on our way back. I have only one complaint and that is that the departure hall in KEF crams several gates into a small area with almost no seats. Saga class is quite comfortable and the level of service was excellent. The cabin crew was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The seats are not lie-flat and don't even recline very far but they are spacious and comfortable. The food from JFK-KEF was quite good from KEF-JFK I had the sushi which was ok. In-flight entertainment was decent although there were quite a few commercials for various Iceland tours. I wouldn't choose Icelandair for business travel it's hard to get any sleep as the flight to KEF is somewhat short and the stopover consumes time. But for leisure travel to Europe I would recommend Saga class for value-conscious travellers.

Icelandair customer review

The trip from JFK-KEF was uneventful other than the fact that I requested for my monitor to be reset twice to no prevail. It was our trip home from CDG that made it the worst trip ever. After everyone boarded the plane we were told to take all our belongings and get off because of some problem with the plane. We waited for 1hr to find out flight was cancelled and we needed to pick up our baggage. Only problem was no one told us which carousel to go to and of course we waited another 1hr before we saw the luggage coming out. No one from Icelandair could be found; instead they sent us to the Alyzia counter to book another flight home. We weren't given any information other than that we would have to stay the night there. After staying 24 hrs at the airport we finally booked a flight that was departing in 1hr only to find out that we weren't allowed to check in at such short notice. All in all we waited at the airport for nearly 48 hrs without anyone ever giving us any information.

(South Africa)

Seattle-London via Keflavik. Both flights on time both v full and both flights in Economy. Despite that seats were comfortable and personal TV system good. Staff pleasant and v helpful. A convenient and cost effective way between USA and UK especially if travelling one-way only.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF in Saga Class. We had to share the British Airways Business Lounge at the Seattle airport. Boarding was on time and the 757-200 cabin was clean. The flight attendants were warm and friendly without being intrusive. Saga class seats are not lie-flat but have a good width and recline to make the 7 hrs flight comfortable. IFE was more than adequate. Service and food were top notch. All in all an excellent flight.

Icelandair customer review

Flew IAD-KEF-LHR in Saga class. IAD check in was ok long time to wait until somebody turned up. A sign to say what time check in would open would be great. Flights and crews fantastic friendly chatty and attentive. Food excellent and I will never hesitate to fly Icelandair again. Saga lounge in KEF is excellent and the Virgin lounge in IAD is very comfy with great staff.

Icelandair customer review

We flew roundtrip from Seattle to Glasgow on Icelandair. We had to stop in Reykavik - (KEF) both ways. What they don't tell you is that they have no seats at the gates in this airport. Everyone stands around in a crowd. Not good if you have a bad knee. It was raining at KEF but we were unloaded down steps in the rain and walked across the cement runway getting soaked on the way. Also their care of luggage is horrible. Luggage was unloaded in the rain with no cover to help protect it on the trams. At the conveyor belt there were items falling out of the suitcases because they had opened them to check but did not fully zip the luggage closed. People complained their luggage did not show up. The attendant from Icelandair stated all luggage was done. My daughter got on the side and looked down the conveyor. She pointed out to the attendant that she could still see 10-12 suitcases down there. Only then did the attendant start the conveyor again! Thanks to my daughter a dozen people did not have to fill out forms. Also I hope you are slender because the seats are much smaller than on American carriers If you want to sit close with your sweetie you're out of luck because the arm rests do not raise like on Delta.

Icelandair customer review

BOS-KEF-BOS. Overall I can't complain. It was a fairly decent experience overall. Both outbound and return flights left and arrived on time. Seats were decent. You have to buy your own food on board in the Economy cabin. Economy cabin staff were reasonably attentive. Inflight entertainment screens were available but I can't comment on them since I didn't use them much. The one bit of trouble I had was that I had flown into Terminal E at BOS on another non-codeshared airline in order to connect to my Icelandair flight. There were no Icelandair check-in kiosks in this area (behind security) and no agents so I could not check in for my Icelandair flight. I tried calling the airline phone but could not reach anyone. An agent finally showed up at the desk about an hour before boarding time. I was able to check in for the flight but because of the late time my seat assignment got mixed up. Things worked out OK though.

Icelandair customer review

Flew AT-KEF via IAD. Luggage checked through to KEF. We checked in DC with the Icelandair gate agent and were told the luggage was "in the system". Now we are in Reykjavik ready to leave for 2 weeks and we still have no luggage. Does Icelandair care - no! They said when it turns up it turns up. Thanks Icelandair. And we were flying Business Class.