Icelandair

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF-LHR : it is a shame that it feels and runs as if it was a budget airline carrier. Soft and Hot Drinks complimentary only flight tickets cheap the only positive point is you can check-in online and they still let you on with 20kg luggage. Flight on time each way and good B757 layout with good legroom - staff actually smiling this time and seemed good with customer service. Pilots gave detailed flight briefing and entertainment screens were average for a 3 hour flight.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-SEA in Economy. Onboard seats were comfortable and pretty good leg room. IFE was on- demand and worked perfectly. You have to pay for food in Economy but considering how inexpensive the ticket was ($950 for two people round trip) and that almost all US airlines make you do the same for flights almost as long I didn't mind. Cabin crew were nice and efficient service. Return flight was the same except delay slightly longer due to weather at KEF and I was able to get an emergency exit row that had great leg room. I like that Icelandair doesn't charge you for checked baggage or exit row seating. Icelandair is better than any US airline save Hawaiian.

Icelandair customer review

I don't ever do this but needed to let people know that this airline is a total shambles. I bought a cheaper ticket than BA - Seattle to London although I was put off by the rudeness of the customer service representative subsequently changed the day of my flight which cost me $275 (!) again a very rude customer service person. Then Icelandair cancelled my flight - no apologies for the inconvenience just a phone message saying I was eligible for a full refund. I am still 3 months later battling with them to get my money back. You send an email to the refund dept they reply 3 weeks later. There is no-one to talk to over the phone except very rude customer service people! Never again. I had my doubts when I read the reviews and now I know that this is the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF Economy. Very pleasant flight. Surprised to find IFE on a short European flight. Modern planes friendly crew excellent food available for purchase. A definite difference to the increasingly no-frills service provided by other European airlines.

(Norway)

Bought round trip from Oslo to Orlando in economy class. Booked emergency exit seats on all flights without extra cost. The plane was clean ok food and service. However flight attendants could have been more smiling. The entertainment is a bit obsolete old movies and bad selection of games.

Icelandair customer review

We purchased the Economy Comfort seats thinking we would have a few more amenities. Our included dinner was a choice of several mediocre items - a wrap (horrible) a sandwich - all wrapped in some type of plastic wrap and thrown onto a paper table cloth put on our tray. Beer and wine were provided. Cabin attendants were busy with the economy class and very seldom seen. From MSP to Iceland the seats were fine 2x2 personal monitor comfortable seats. From Iceland to Germany our seats were 3x3 monitors were not in good places for us to see no computer connection as promised and seats similar to economy. For the additional cost of Economy Comfort I expected more.

Icelandair customer review

Brussels to Reykjavik Saga Class: great seats food attentive and friendly service good supply of drinks full AVOD and a very interesting Icelandic modern music channel. No internet check-in no lounge or fast track in Brussels and overcrowded lounge in Reykjavik. Considering the price paid still a great value.

Icelandair customer review

MAN-KEF-YHZ return business class. Very good value for money the experience was good excellent food aircraft were clean and service was extremely efficient. My area for criticism was no lounge in Halifax and the seats did not recline much nor did they have an adjustable foot rest.

Icelandair customer review

Economy Comfort Class Toronto-Reykjavik-Helsinki return. A mixed experience flying Icelandair but generally great and decent value for money. Crew were professional and courteous on all flights aircraft clean and modern and flights on time. One of the perks of booking Economy Comfort Class is often the ability to reserve seats in the Saga Class cabin - ie business class seats for economy prices. I was sat in these seats on all 4 sectors which made for a relaxing and comfortable journey. Icelandair seems to oversell economy pushing these passengers into the Economy Comfort cabin and the Economy Comfort passengers moved to the rear of business class. Other benefits were priority check-in - a huge bonus in Reykjavik where as a previous report states early morning is total chaos in the check-in area. Saga lounge was good and a welcome place to spend transit time. One negative is the onboard service. They promise meal service on all flights but the reality is you get a free sandwich or snack from the buy onboard economy offering as they pass through to serve economy - not really as advertised. I found Keflavik airport to be excellent. Good shops and restaurants and a pleasant place to spend time in although seating is at a premium.

Icelandair customer review

Dreadful experience. flight Amsterdam to New York and back with 2 kids. Service was non- existent cabin crew rude. Airport in Iceland worst ever particularly the people working there. What is wrong with this place are they aware we are in the 21st century?