Icelandair

Icelandair customer review

Dreadful experience. flight Amsterdam to New York and back with 2 kids. Service was non- existent cabin crew rude. Airport in Iceland worst ever particularly the people working there. What is wrong with this place are they aware we are in the 21st century?

Icelandair customer review

The worst aspect about Icelandair is the check in area in KEF. I queued for 90 mins before I reached the two ladies serving all the flights leaving at 0700-0800. Amusingly the number of agents decreased the closer I got to the front of the queue. I finally saw an agent 25 mins before departure time. Then you need to run and run to reach the flight. The best thing that happened was my luggage made it to LHR. The crew onboard were rarely friendly and needed to collect money for the food and drinks. IFE was good take your own headset. Take your own food so you are not tempted to buy anything. I was impressed to see that they moved pax with infants to give them an extra seat for the baby.

(Italy)

KEF-MXP. Aircraft clean with standard legroom 32". Flight ok but without any word from cockpit. IFE acceptable free light drinks but no food - for a flight of 4 hours is a bit out of common even because we paid 540 Euro. Some crew very polite others very rude. We arrived at check in 90 mins before the time of departure : only four and in some moments three counters for a flight of 200 persons. We had no time to drink a coffee due to the queue at check in! Who voted Keflavik the best airport for 2009 as they published?

Icelandair customer review

LHR to Toronto Pearson. My husband and children are British Citizens and I hold Egyptian Nationality but have permanent residency in the UK. Check in was fine and the lounge was adequate though inferior to others at Heathrow. Transiting in Keflavik we went to get our boarding passes to be told that I could not go through to the transit lounge as I did not have a schengen visa. This information is not on any Icelandair website and contravenes EU regulations by prohibiting my travel through Europe with my EU spouse. After repeating that I had no intention of exiting into Iceland and only intended to transit through I was then escorted to the desk to be given my boarding pass and then denied access to the lounge with my family. We stayed together and were very glad to leave such a rude and condescending place. We had non refundable tickets but gladly binned them so as not to be treated like that again. They really need to learn about nationality requirements before putting people through that kind of stress.

Icelandair customer review

We enjoyed our flight on Icelandair. Six of us traveling to Norway through London from Minneapolis had an enjoyable flight - food was different but that is all part of the travel experience. The shorter flight segments and ability to select flight days and times at the website by cost was easy and appreciated. The attendants were nice but not the most friendly. We had no problems getting our luggage to go all the way to Norway even with the change of carriers in London.

(Norway)

OSL-KEF-BOS return in economy. All legs on B757 and more or less on time. Planes were ok but seats somewhat uncomfortable. Only non-alcoholic drinks are complimentary the rest has to be paid for. Never tried any of the food as we brought our own. On-demand IFE but limited choice and not updated monthly. The cabin crew seemed to either be very friendly or very surly. I wouldn't say Icelandair is good value for money but they provide the quickest service between Northern Europe and North America.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF at the beginning of June and KEF-LHR on B757. Both flights were on time. Cabins were spotless and service friendly. It was a pleasant experience.

Icelandair customer review

LHR-JFK business Class with stop in Iceland. Checkin no waiting and Servisair Lounge in Terminal 1 comfortable. Seating is equivalent to domestic US first class or Premium Economy. IFE adequate but only about 9 movies to choose from and most were not current. Power socket at each seat. Food and wine for very good and I enjoyed the unusual selection of fresh sushi on the 2nd leg to JFK. Service friendly but not fawning. Best part of the flight was seeing our bags come off first with the Saga tags in place all ready for Customs. Lounge in Iceland was excellent but didn't have much time due to having to go through immigration just for the transfer). Price was nearly half what Air France and British were charging for Premium Economy.

Icelandair customer review

New York to London via Reykjavik roundtrip (stopping in Reykjavik for 3 days on the way there). Friendly staff fluent. Very competitive prices as the same flight on a US airline was $400 more - without a stop in Iceland. Cannot complain about paying for food on flights as the flight was cheap but it did look better than most airline food I've seen. Would definitely recommend flying transatlantic with them and stopping in Iceland.

Icelandair customer review

ARN-KEF-YYZ Saga class. Stockholm to Reyjavik leg very basic with little IFE and semi- attentive staff despite the fact the business class section was almost empty. Reykjavik- Toronto leg was better with a better plane (newer interior) better staff and food. Stopover in Reykjavik was easy - it is a good small airport and a better option than Heathrow or Frankfurt for transfers. Icelandair is charming and good value for the money but is inferior to larger European carriers on transatlantic routes.