Icelandair

(Italy)

We took flights from/to London Heathrow. The flight was good the seats quite comfortable with enough space for the legs. The service onboard was poor but we didn't expect much for a night flight. Some TV monitors didn't work at all. The landing was terrible but it was due to horrible weather conditions. Not that bad and probably the best way to travel to Iceland.

Icelandair customer review

LHR-KEF-JFK. The fare was 30% lower than a direct LHR-JFK flight so I liked that a lot. The 757 is a great aircraft and the ride was smooth the legroom excellent my seat extremely comfortable. I had to make a fast transfer to the Keflavik-JFK flight and I agree with another reviewer that the airport makes one feel like a yo-yo up down up down and finally up. Needs work. Airline staff and crew were first-rate highly professional and a pleasure to fly with though I felt one should be able to pay cash and get change rather than using plastic for inflight purchases.

Icelandair customer review

LHR to KEF return. Clean comfortable 757 in both directions with pleasant cabin crew. I don't mind paying for a snack inflight but Icelandair could try harder with what's on offer! Late going out due to excessive traffic both in and out of LHR and return due to late arrival of incoming aircraft but time was made up by 20/30 minutes in both directions. The only problems were with unhelpful (KEF) and rude (LHR) ground staff. What a pity.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-LHR and back. B757 planes and carry-on restrictions make loading and unloading faster and way more efficient than much larger planes other carriers fly. Legroom in Economy was good. The inflight staff on our flights were courteous and helpful. We appreciated that alcohol was not freely available. The only problem we had was that the video screen in one of our seats on the KEF-SEA flight did not work and the window shade was broken and would not close. The flight attendants helped us find an alternative seat.

Icelandair customer review

MAN-KEF-SEA return. From a negative point of view the carry on baggage is very restrictive (just 6kg) you have to pay for inflight meals and you also have to pay for headphones for the in flight entertainment. You can get round this last part by bringing your own on the flight. However the airline is clean and has real character. You are given pillows with Icelandic lullabies written on them and the headrests all have Icelandic proverbs on them. The crew are helpful and friendly and ground crew at KEF airport were genuinely cheerful and helpful.

Icelandair customer review

Stockholm to New York. The tickets were more expensive comparing to other airlines. We started boarding 35 mins after the scheduled departure time. We had to pay for basic meal on the 3.5hr flight from Stockholm to Reykjavik and on 5.5 hour flight from Reykjavik to New York. The flights were not pleasant with the staff too slow and busy all the time with processing payments for the services. I fly to Europe every year for a vacation and have never experienced the payment for basic meal.

Icelandair customer review

I travelled from SEA-KEF-FRA return. I was very disappointed not receiving any food on an overseas flight. My suitcase arrived in SeaTac dripping wet. It was raining in Iceland hard when I changed planes and I have a feeling our luggage was left in the rain without any protection.

(Finland)

HEL-YYZ. Paid about 700 euros for the roundtrip. I'd rate the cabin crew ok but not comparable to other competitors. I'm using this airline simply for the shorter flying time 4 hrs + 5.5 hrs total and less chance of losing my luggage since Reykjavik airport is typically not congested with transit passengers. Seats are ok (I'm petite) and everyone has their own TV screen. Food and headphones are extra. I'd recommend this airline to travellers who want the shortest possible route to North America from Europe/Scandinavia.

Icelandair customer review

SEA-KEF-LHR in Economy Comfort. Reserved seats would change from week to week and even though we had a reservation for 2 people we ended up being assigned seats in adjacent rows. Seattle check-in was a breeze and the use of the BA lounge pleasant. Note that the lounge only offers packaged snacks but plenty of drinks. Our flight left 35 mins late due to some Exit sign bulbs that needed replacing on the aircraft but announcements were frequent and useful. Crews were friendly and smiling and worked it out with other passengers who also wanted to sit together and were still in Saga Class seats. The seats were comfortable although the pitch was a meagre 33". A/V system was adequate and meals were fine. Arrived Keflavik only 10 mins late. We had to go through Security Screening then Passport Control into Iceland then 3 mins later Passport Control out of Iceland. KEF-LHR also a decent flight same seat jockeying and a Turkey Sandwich for breakfast is an odd choice (but it was quite tasty). Due to air traffic control we landed at Heathrow 35 mins late. Terminal 1 is a labyrinth of dreary corridors and Passport Control lines were slow-moving. Staff were pleasant and by the time we got to Baggage Claim our bags were there.

Icelandair customer review

Wife and I flew roundtrip from Seattle to Frankfurt. Ticket price was attractive. Flight attendants were fine from Seattle to Reykjavik. From there on and on return trip they were distant impatient and too busy to care about requests for water pillows or blankets. Asked one male attendant for water he told me to wait until service starts in 15 mins then grudgingly gave me a cup of water because I insisted. On return flight two flight attendants told me to "wait a minute" before hearing my requests but never returned to hear them. Seats were tight bottom cushion thin and hard - had to use pillows for cushion. Flights were delayed as a rule. Reykjavik airport arrival customs setup etc are a nightmare especially when our flight arrived late and we just made connecting flight on last call. This was our first and last trip using Icelandair.