Iberia

"damaged my luggage 22 days ago"

Trip Verified | Iberia damaged my luggage 22 days ago and I was told I get a call back the next day! I am in US and their customer service here sucks, knowing I am here they have given me a direct number to their baggage complaints in Spain. Had to call several time to be told to go back on line, costing me $72 for the phone calls. I doubt if anyone is going to call me soon. Beside my luggage their economy seats are so tight. I was trying to get a one way ticket from Malaga to Madrid and went on Iberia site to purchase one. Their system had technical difficulties and wouldn't give me a confirmation code so I logged out from their system and got my ticket from another carrier. The next day I see them sending me a confirmation number. I told the Iberia customer service rep that I was on hold for over 1 hour and nobody picked up the phone for their English language line she still did not give me a full refund and penalized me for asking for a refund $30.
RouteMadrid to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2022

"I will never fly Iberia again"

Not Verified | Worst customer service, the airline lost our luggage, I had to call multiple times daily to try and find it. I was sent to a voice mail to leave a message which were never returned. When I did get a customer service agent, I would be redirected multiple times and no answers. This process took 5 days, yes 5 days without luggage. The customer service/baggage claim was no help at all. I finally got help from the airport that did not have any association with Iberia but they took the time to look, and guess what my bag was sitting in their holding area (no-one at Iberia ever called). If it was up to Iberia, I still would not have my luggage. When I arrived home I noticed that my bag was damaged, I call customer service again after 20 minutes on the phone, I got "Sorry, there's nothing we can do". I will never fly Iberia again.

"really good experience"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I was really looking forward to this flight as I do fly between Madrid and London a lot and Iberia flies also their A330s and even A350 on this route so picking up time to try their A350 was no brainer, Iberia also offers upgrade to business class at check in, you won't get extra miles or extra baggage allowance, but you get full experience, fast track, lounge and of course on board experience. This time it cost 52 Euros, which is a pretty good price and worth paying. I got to airport only 2 hours before as I was busy during the day, checked in my carry on (you can for free) as I was filming this experience as well and went through fast track, which was close at London Heathrow, you only got to skip most of the line. The flight was leaving from Gates C, but there is no lounge there, so I went to BA lounge right after security, which was a bit crowded, but managed to get a seat, got some snack and drink, for hot food you have to use QR code and order online, but didn't have much time as boarding started already. Took me like 15 minutes to get there, but you can board any time using priority lane, unfortunately everyone boarded through one jet bridge, even though there were more doors and it could have been done differently. On board I had seat 3L which was really wide, comfortable and I like that its 1-2-1 so everyone has aisle access which is great, unfortunately my IFE wasn't working so I was moved to 8A which is exactly the same type of seat, most private one which is exactly what I wanted so all good. There is no pillow or blanket on this 2 hours flight which makes sense and no pre departure drink which is lacking a bit. Headphones are good though and I can't complain. Seat in general is very wide and comfortable and I'm sure I would be comfortable to be there for 10 or more hours. Business class passengers also have free Wi-Fi, even though only basic, but better than nothing. Service started around 30-40 minutes and there were two food options, I took a beef and it was good, its served on the tray, but I get that its short flight and for drink I got gin and tonic and coke. Overall happy with service, as for IFE, there are plenty of choices and I'm sure I would have enough things to watch on 10 hours flight. Overall really good experience, just one little thing, crew pretty much always start speaking Spanish and keeps doing it, would be better if they first ask you if you speak Spanish and than try to remember at least for business, I get that economy is too big. Otherwise happy with this airline and A350 is really nice aircraft.
AircraftA350-900
RouteLondon Heathrow to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2022

"three days without my essentials"

Trip Verified | I used British Airways and its partners to fly from Barcelona back to London for another flight back to my home city of Atlanta. Not only did the airline lose my suitcase, causing me to almost miss my next flight, but it also had no sense of urgency in getting it back to me once found. The bag was on a flight from London to Atlanta the next day, but no one at the airline bothered to follow up on actually getting it delivered to my home address. I had to call them to check on the status of my bag, at which point they told me it had basically been sitting at the airport for the past two days. The best they could do was schedule a delivery within 48 hours (who knows how many more days it will actually take to get delivered), so I’m going on three days without my essentials. When I asked if I could go to the airport and pick it up, I was advised against doing so. I will never fly British Airways again.
RouteBarcelona to London via Madrid
Date FlownJune 2022

"have never seen such unhelpful, frankly lazy, and rude customer service"

Not Verified | The ground crew at check in at the JFK Airport in New York is the worst, without exception, that we have ever encountered! It is unbelievable that an airline could maintain such poor representation of their airline company and in fact they were so bad that somehow there appears to be terrible supervision and management. We flew from JFK-MAD on 6/5/22. The check in process started about 40 minutes after the time on the board and that could be caused by any number of reasons, but despite a long customer line for the full flight and about 6 people milling around behind their counter, no one ever explained anything and didn't even look at any of the passengers in line. When they opened the check in finally and we got to the counter, we were told that there was an additional form to be filled in. We had our passports, COVID shot cards, and had provided all online information on the American Airlines website which is how we booked the flights. We asked for help in understanding what we were to do and the incredibly rudest of the lot, a female actually right in front of us, put her head in her hands and turned to one of her co-workers and said, "and this is how I have to start my day?". We were literally stunned! I have never seen such unhelpful, frankly lazy, and rude customer service ever on other airlines. Hopefully Iberia will start some sort of supervision process. Until then, advise to book another carrier if provided for your route.
RouteNew York JFK to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2022

"My worst flight by far"

Not Verified | One week before our flight from San Francisco to Barcelona my husband got Covid. I was told to email Salud, that was it! Just Salud! I was told to ask for a credit. One month later, nothing. No response, no nothing. I took the trip with some family members. I paid for a more up front seat and was put in a middle seat in the middle of the plane. Flight attendants absolutely useless. Skip the insanity and choose a different airline. All family members were scattered all over the plane. My worst flight by far.
RouteBarcelona to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2022

"told that the ticket was never canceled"

Not Verified | Zurich to Mexico City via Madrid. I bought a round trip ticket with Iberia. Since my travel plans were uncertain, I intentionally bought a ticket that could be rebooked as well as canceled. Four weeks before departure, I wanted to cancel my return flight. I initiated a cancellation twice via telephone customer service (online cancellation not possible). Both times I was verbally confirmed that the return flight was cancelled and the money would be transferred in a few days (written confirmation was not possible). Weeks later I still did not have my money back. Calling customer service again, I was told that the ticket was never canceled and the passenger had not shown up. Therefore, there would be no refund. I took the case further but Iberia customer service ignored me.
RouteZurich to Mexico City via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Save yourself money and stress"

Trip Verified | Marseille to Boston via Madrid. Absolutely horrible customer service. Both during check in and while talking to customer service on the phone. At check in they did not allow me to check in due to covid testing policies, even though I had my test scheduled at my stop in Madrid, where they did not require a PCR. The lady forced me to call Iberia to try and find another flight back, and when I did they kept me on hold for more than an hour, and so I had to search for a flight back home on my own. When I called to ask for a refund they did not say anything more than that their system does not allow them to process a refund and would not let me speak to another representative. It was honestly just a very big waste if money for a returning flight I never attended or was helped to find another, and never refunded. Save yourself money and stress DO NOT, book with Iberia.
RouteMarseille to Boston via Madrid
Date FlownJune 2022

"expectations that were not met"

Trip Verified | Me hubiese gustado poder dar opinión positiva… La buena reputación de Iberia creo espectativas que no fueron alcanzadas en este caso, el vuelo estuvo retrasado al menos una hora sin ninguna disculpa del capitán o personal de cabina. Desde el principio muy mal organizado el abordaje. Durante el vuelo de una hora, el servicio fue prácticamente inexistente y hasta un vaso de agua parece ser mucho pedir. Fue mi primera y última vez volando con Iberia… una lastima siendo una marca tan icónica que debería ser un standard de calidad representando a toda España. - I would have liked to have been able to give a positive opinion... Iberia's good reputation created expectations that were not met in this case, the flight was delayed for at least an hour without any apology from the captain or cabin crew. From the beginning very poorly organized boarding. During the hour-long flight, service was virtually nonexistent, and even a glass of water seems like too much to ask. It was my first and last time flying with Iberia… a shame as it is such an iconic brand that should be a quality standard representing all of Spain.
RouteMadrid to Málaga
Date FlownMay 2022

"FA were very strict and cautious"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | The flight started with ome 40 min delay and several passengers tried to board without wearing a mask and the FA were very strict and cautious on it. The meal in business consisted of a choice pasta or vegetarian and there were warm breads. Poor selection of drinks and refills had to be requested. Nearly 40 minutes waiting time in Brussels Airport for the luggage.
Routemadrid to brussels