Iberia

"Service was very attentive and focused"

Trip Verified | A good flight experience. Service was very attentive and focused. All over the flight it was possible to get whatever you wanted in case of drinks. Meal quality at a very high level, which airline does serve its customers a full and warm meal of fish? Iberia's food was delicious.
RouteMadrid to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2021

"had a number of out-of-pocket expenses"

Trip Verified | We flew with Iberia in August (Mexico-Madrid-Dublin). We were stranded for over 24 hours in Madrid because Iberia cancelled our flight and only offered us an alternative the next day. We had a number of out-of-pocket expenses as well as having to take extra time off work. Firstly it was very difficult to get in touch in Iberia. Every time we tried to contact them by phone we were cut off. We were unable to access anyone via the web using the online forms, as they were restricting us from entering information. We tried to go to one of the Iberia counters at one of the airports and they were closed. We sent numerous messages through Messenger on Facebook that were unanswered. Only when we tagged Iberia on a public post on Facebook did they start to answer a message. Even then we were given the run around. Firstly we were fobbed off to BA, who subsequently wrote back and said it was Iberia's responsibility to deal with a particular issue. Iberia advised we could contact Serviberia. When we accessed it, it said 'sorry this page has flown'. Eventually someone in Iberia gave us a correct link we could use to contact Serviberia. The response through Serviberia to our complaint was very disappointing to say the least. It seemed to be just some template letter with a few standard phases and an opt out clause that allowed Iberia not to help us. We just hope that no one else has to go through what we had to endure. We’re hopeful the airline industry is recovering which will give customers a better choice of who they can travel with.
RouteMexico City to Dublin via Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2021

"tried to make a cancellation"

Trip Verified | I made an online reservation for a flight from Madrid to Barcelona in August of 2021 and I figured I made a mistake with the dates and tried to make a cancellation for the ticket within the 24 hour free cancellation window but there was no online option to do that. I called the 800 number hundred times and it was keeping me for several minutes on a waiting then hangs up. After so many trials somebody answered me and refused to make any changes to the reservation because it was made from the US to a flight inside Spain. He gave me a number in Spain and asked me to arrange with them. So I had to make international calls this time and again the number is always busy. I went to their facebook and twitter pages and asked for help, they initially responded with the 800 number and then stopped answering. It is been almost a month since I made the reservation and until now I was not able to cancel the reservation.
RouteMadrid to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2021

"the onboard team is superb"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The difference between a reasonable and a mediocre airline is its cabin crew and customer service staff, although I can't speak about the later, the onboard team is superb. Their hub is also quite good but they need to drastically improve in cleanliness. The A319 was showing its age but was completely acceptable for such a short route.
RouteMadrid to Lisbon

"attentive cabin crew"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The professional, charismatic and attentive cabin crew is what makes this airline an acceptable one. Because in terms of cleanliness, my seat was dirty so I had to clean myself before seating. More or less on time.
RouteLisbon to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I was never comfortable"

Trip Verified | I never felt unsafe while flying Iberia, but I was never comfortable. The plane was older and a bit worn, and the seating not meant for that many hours of sitting. The staff seemed to have no personal investment, and to take a very hands-off approachs. I had one terrific meal and 3 bad meals. I’d think twice before repeating the experience.
RouteNew York to Kefalonia via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"having to pay 110 Euros for luggage"

Trip Verified | I am traveling with my family, wife and son from Berlin to Porto via Madrid on flights IB3067 and IB8664. I upgraded the Berlin to Madrid section to business and there was no business on the Madrid Oporto section and I bought the emergency seats. Also I am sapphire in One World for being Paltinum in American Airlines. When the Agent went to deliver my bags to the Iberia counter in Berlin, who spoke very bad Spanish, he did not know the rules of One World. I assumed that traveling in Business I was entitled to at least one suitcase for each passenger but apparently this is not the case. Then I explained to him that because he was a sapphire he had the right to a suitcase in the reserve and he did not recognize me. I ended up having to pay 110 Euros for luggage over the 168 I paid for the business upgrade from Berlin to Madrid and the 63 for the seats on the Madrid Oporto flight. I called Iberia and they informed me that business tickets are always entitled to one piece of luggage. However, the agent in Berlin forced me to pay even while going in business. It seems inconceivable that you have to pay for luggage traveling on business. For your information, on this journey I will travel through Iberia from Madrid to Rome, from Berlin to Porto via Madrid and from Porto to Madrid. Iberia agents do not know the rules of One World, in all cases I had to fight to be recognized for a piece of luggage for being sapphire. ES: El día de hoy estoy viajando con mi familia esposa e hijo desde Berlín a Oporto vía Madrid en los vuelos IB3067 y IB8664. El tramo Berlín Madrid hice upgrade a business y en el tramo Madrid Oporto no había business y compré los puestos de emergencia. Además soy zafiro en en One World por ser Paltinum en American Airlines. Cundo fue a entregar mis maletas al mostrador de Iberia en Berlín el Agente, quien hablaba muy mal español, no conocía las reglas de One World. Asumí que viajando en Business tenía derecho al menos a una maleta por cada pasajero pero aparentemente no es así. Luego le expliqué que por ser zafiro tenía derecho a una maleta en la reserva y no me lo reconoció. Terminé teniendo que pagar 110 Euros por equipaje encima de los 168 que pagué por el upgrade a business de Berlín a Madrid y los 63 por los asientos del vuelo Madrid Oporto. Llamé a Iberia y me informaron que los boletos en business siempre tienen derecho a una pieza de equipaje. Sin embargo el agente en Berlin me obligó a pagar aun yendo en business. Parece inconcebible que tenga que pagar por el equipaje viajando en business. Para su información, en este periplo viaje por Iberia desde Madrid a Roma, de Berlin a Oporto via Madrid y de Oporto a Madrid. los agentes de Iberia no conocen las reglas de One World, en todos los casos tuve que pelear para que me reconocieran una pieza de equipaje por ser zafiro.
RouteBerlin to oporto via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not necessary to be vaccinated"

Trip Verified | Inconsistent, rude staff at the counter in San Jose Costa Rica who told me I could not take the flight because I don't have vaccine to access Spain. I had to stop there because my final destination was Dubai and it is not necessary to have vaccine just to transit through Spain. Dubai is open for tourist or residents and is not necessary to be vaccinated. After some time of having a hard time with this guy at the counter who was "saying is the supervisor", because i showed my Dubai Visa on my passport he was taking me into consideration to get to the flight after he made a call saying yes, she will fly because she has Dubai Visa, but he did not let me travel with my suitcase when i was just in transit in Spain.
RouteSan Jose to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"service has been drastically downgraded"

(Uruguay)

Trip Verified | Terrible check-in staff not knowing the location or opening hours of Iberia's VIP Lounges. They were unaware of the procedures to check documentation and COVID related requirements. VIP Lounges close early, leaving flyers to sit it in a corridor. On-board service has been drastically downgraded. Drinks, aperitifs, entrees, breakfast items all gone. Crew were not aware of the contents of the menu. The size of the washbags has been reduced. The crew now have one of the 2 toilets allocated to the business class cabin (A330-200) but they also used the other one. Comfortable seat. Entertainment system needs updating. My priority luggage was delivered last.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMontevideo to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"really recommend Iberia Business Class"

Trip Verified | Again a very good experience in short haul Business Class of Iberia. They changed their caterer about one year ago and offer now even a better meal service than before. Seats are regular like in most short haul flights within Europe. The entire crew was attentive and offered all kind of drinks available during the whole flight. I really recommend Iberia Business Class for international flights within Europe.
AircraftA320 NEO